Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 14 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 


Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

Gender: Female

Location: Ontario, Canada

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Posts: 120

Bad Player wrote:
I won't accept this port of 999 unless it forces you to turn your monitor/laptop upside-down.


Yeah, gotta wonder how the Dual Screen thing is going to be handled in this version. But wow, it's really neat they're remastering the game! It honestly does look really nice! The sprites and art look so clean!

It's a shame though, I love 999 to death, but I mean, it's one of those games that you don't entirely replay once you've thoroughly cleared the game once before. Especially since clearing the game requires multiple playthroughs, so the first time you play the game, you're at least playing it like 3 times. :lana:

But hey, this is a great way to get the game out to more new players! :will:
Image
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1624

Love that a new audience can now access this gem too, but even kidding aside, I'm kinda worried the new fans won't be getting quite the same epiphany of what the original did with the DS. The final twists in the game worked especially because it was on the DS. It was convention-breaking in a way the other games couldn't manage to do it because they were multiplat, and one of the perhaps sillier, but still honest reasons that 999 resonates more with me than the other two titles.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 994

I'm going to mention again that there appears to be two different modes to the game because the footage shown has ADV Mode in the corner. The footage shown was also all people talking in a cutscene. So maybe it'll switch to a different mode for internal monologue. Or maybe you can switch between the two whenever you want, though that would require extra writing (maybe the second mode is a novel mode, but then the same dialogue would have to be presented in two different ways. Of course, Last Window did that in its own way). The epiphany could still be present, but in a different form.
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6914

linkenski wrote:
Love that a new audience can now access this gem too, but even kidding aside, I'm kinda worried the new fans won't be getting quite the same epiphany of what the original did with the DS. The final twists in the game worked especially because it was on the DS. It was convention-breaking in a way the other games couldn't manage to do it because they were multiplat, and one of the perhaps sillier, but still honest reasons that 999 resonates more with me than the other two titles.

I totally agree with you about all this stuff, but if these people were never going to play the DS version anyway... better to play on the PC then on nothing at all, I guess.
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 181

linkenski wrote:
Love that a new audience can now access this gem too, but even kidding aside, I'm kinda worried the new fans won't be getting quite the same epiphany of what the original did with the DS. The final twists in the game worked especially because it was on the DS. It was convention-breaking in a way the other games couldn't manage to do it because they were multiplat, and one of the perhaps sillier, but still honest reasons that 999 resonates more with me than the other two titles.

I literally just finished the game on the DS yesterday, and I don't think I understand what you mean by "convention breaking" and I can only think of one thing they'd really have to change if it were on PC, could you explain what you mean by that?
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14001

Kessler wrote:
linkenski wrote:
Love that a new audience can now access this gem too, but even kidding aside, I'm kinda worried the new fans won't be getting quite the same epiphany of what the original did with the DS. The final twists in the game worked especially because it was on the DS. It was convention-breaking in a way the other games couldn't manage to do it because they were multiplat, and one of the perhaps sillier, but still honest reasons that 999 resonates more with me than the other two titles.

I literally just finished the game on the DS yesterday, and I don't think I understand what you mean by "convention breaking" and I can only think of one thing they'd really have to change if it were on PC, could you explain what you mean by that?



Spoiler: 999
The dual screen nature. The entire bottom screen for the whole game has always contained thoughts different from our protagonist. Normal game convention would indicate that the words on the bottom screen are Junpei's thoughts but the entire bottom screen is actually the thoughts of a whole other timeline.

When the twist happens it makes you think back through the whole game and realise the bottom screen was never anything to do with Junpei's thoughts and the revelation that there was someone else watching Junpei's every move the while time hit me like a truck.

Its something that is uniquely made possible by virtue of having a second screen to portray two protagonist's thoughts. Not something that's possible quite as well in other formats. Least I think that's what they mean. Might not have put it too eloquently.

Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1624

Kessler wrote:
linkenski wrote:
Love that a new audience can now access this gem too, but even kidding aside, I'm kinda worried the new fans won't be getting quite the same epiphany of what the original did with the DS. The final twists in the game worked especially because it was on the DS. It was convention-breaking in a way the other games couldn't manage to do it because they were multiplat, and one of the perhaps sillier, but still honest reasons that 999 resonates more with me than the other two titles.

I literally just finished the game on the DS yesterday, and I don't think I understand what you mean by "convention breaking" and I can only think of one thing they'd really have to change if it were on PC, could you explain what you mean by that?

Pierre wrote:
Spoiler: 999
The dual screen nature. The entire bottom screen for the whole game has always contained thoughts different from our protagonist.

Exactly this, which is why I don't know if this is just unclear or too vague for most people to understand, but it seems to me like this flew right over most people's heads.

Spoiler:
I remember when I hadn't finished neither 999 nor VLR yet I talked to someone about them because I wasn't sure if the journey was worth it, but he convinced me that they were great and that if I would think 999 had a great ending twist just wait until I see VLR which was even "More convention-breaking" but it's not. The twist is big, but the reason the one in 999 is so effective is because it transcends what is going on in the software and thematically the idea of ESPs communicating through time metaphorically translates perfectly to the dual-screen nature of the Nintendo DS. That's why 999's twist is a jaw-drop moment. Like you say, that internal monologue, this entire time, comes from the girl communicating with her powers to our main protagonist. That is damn effective and makes it feel like everything comes full circle.

This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 181

linkenski wrote:
Kessler wrote:
linkenski wrote:
Love that a new audience can now access this gem too, but even kidding aside, I'm kinda worried the new fans won't be getting quite the same epiphany of what the original did with the DS. The final twists in the game worked especially because it was on the DS. It was convention-breaking in a way the other games couldn't manage to do it because they were multiplat, and one of the perhaps sillier, but still honest reasons that 999 resonates more with me than the other two titles.

I literally just finished the game on the DS yesterday, and I don't think I understand what you mean by "convention breaking" and I can only think of one thing they'd really have to change if it were on PC, could you explain what you mean by that?

Pierre wrote:
Spoiler: 999
The dual screen nature. The entire bottom screen for the whole game has always contained thoughts different from our protagonist.

Exactly this, which is why I don't know if this is just unclear or too vague for most people to understand, but it seems to me like this flew right over most people's heads.

Spoiler:
I remember when I hadn't finished neither 999 nor VLR yet I talked to someone about them because I wasn't sure if the journey was worth it, but he convinced me that they were great and that if I would think 999 had a great ending twist just wait until I see VLR which was even "More convention-breaking" but it's not. The twist is big, but the reason the one in 999 is so effective is because it transcends what is going on in the software and thematically the idea of ESPs communicating through time metaphorically translates perfectly to the dual-screen nature of the Nintendo DS. That's why 999's twist is a jaw-drop moment. Like you say, that internal monologue, this entire time, comes from the girl communicating with her powers to our main protagonist. That is damn effective and makes it feel like everything comes full circle.


Spoiler:
Wait, I always thought that the bottom screen was just the girl narrating what she remembered, it seems like a lot of it was written in past tense, and now you're telling me that it was her communicating using her powers? Well damn, I really misunderstood this game immensely.

"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 994

Spoiler:
I thought it was more like her (from 9 years ago) narrating what she saw through Junpei, not necessarily communicating with Junpei. IIRC, she was unable to directly communicate with him until she was in the furnace. But she did have some influence over what he did; you did control the escape rooms and (I believe) choices through the bottom screen. The only thing that breaks the separation of the top and bottom screen separation is the inventory screen.

Narration in the past tense can still work in this situation (though I can't remember if it actually was in past tense or not) if you consider it like her observing something that happens and then thinking about or narrating what just happened.
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

This is probably a necropost but there's no better place to put this. I just got the Knife ending as my first one and I have to say
Spoiler:
I'm honestly intrigued, possibly more so than VLR. Ace's reaction to the cards, Seven getting dizzy, the Morphogenetic Field, Snake's death, and finally, Junpei's killer. I've seen a clip of the Axe ending, so I think Clover did it but she has no reason to kill Junpei at all, from what I've seen. All this boils down to is: despite the murder and death, this game gets a 10/10 from me so far :pearly:

Just a quick question, though. Are there other endings hidden behind choices I already made? Like, if I chose the 5 door again but refused the bookmark rather than taking it like I did before, would that lead to another ending? This is just an example, so don't give me any spoilers, obviously.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 994

No plot spoilers here, but this spoils how the flow of the game works, if you care about that. You might want to read it to save time, since 999 does not have a timeline feature like VLR.

Spoiler: 999's game flow
Certain dialog choices do matter if you are going for the true ending. You are locked out of the true ending if you choose incorrectly. There's also a dead end if you go for the true ending before seeing a certain other ending. But if you aren't going for the true ending, feel free to give wrong answers since they won't affect any other ending.

There's a plot spoiler free (other than ending names) flow chart here if you want full details: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/961351-nine- ... faqs/61438
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14001

:yogi:
Apollo4Justice wrote:
This is probably a necropost but there's no better place to put this. I just got the Knife ending as my first one and I have to say
Spoiler:
I'm honestly intrigued, possibly more so than VLR. Ace's reaction to the cards, Seven getting dizzy, the Morphogenetic Field, Snake's death, and finally, Junpei's killer. I've seen a clip of the Axe ending, so I think Clover did it but she has no reason to kill Junpei at all, from what I've seen. All this boils down to is: despite the murder and death, this game gets a 10/10 from me so far :pearly:

Just a quick question, though. Are there other endings hidden behind choices I already made? Like, if I chose the 5 door again but refused the bookmark rather than taking it like I did before, would that lead to another ending? This is just an example, so don't give me any spoilers, obviously.


Yeah I think 999 is the best one of the lot
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1539

Apollo4Justice wrote:
This is probably a necropost but there's no better place to put this. I just got the Knife ending as my first one and I have to say
Spoiler:
I'm honestly intrigued, possibly more so than VLR. Ace's reaction to the cards, Seven getting dizzy, the Morphogenetic Field, Snake's death, and finally, Junpei's killer. I've seen a clip of the Axe ending, so I think Clover did it but she has no reason to kill Junpei at all, from what I've seen. All this boils down to is: despite the murder and death, this game gets a 10/10 from me so far :pearly:

Just a quick question, though. Are there other endings hidden behind choices I already made? Like, if I chose the 5 door again but refused the bookmark rather than taking it like I did before, would that lead to another ending? This is just an example, so don't give me any spoilers, obviously.

999 is unfortunately difficult to navigate and it can be very easy to get the same ending twice

This is what I'd recommend if you want every ending (that's not necessary but if you want completion):
Spoiler:
Coffin: Door 4 (take bookmark, be interested in what June has to say in the freezer), Door 7 (tell Seven about ice-9, *give bookmark), Door 1
Axe Ending: Any combination of doors in which the last one chosen is "1", not including the coffin ending sequence. 471 is valid for this ending if you mess up one of the other dialogue choices
Submarine: Door (4/5), Door 3, Door 2
Safe: Door 5, Door 8, Door 6
True: Door 4 (take bookmark, be interested in what June has to say in the freezer), Door 7 (tell Seven about ice-9, give bookmark)

*If you save here, I'd recommend going to the axe ending first, loading your save, then finishing the coffin ending sequence to save yourself most of a full playthrough. Alternatively, just watch the axe ending after you get all of the other ones or right after the coffin, it doesn't matter. But since you already got the knife end that's the most pointless one for you to get

And yes, unlike others will say, I would say to get the coffin end
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

Wait, is the Seven one for the first ending you're talking about the room with the surgery dummies and the element puzzle? Also, is the "dead end" mentioned the story lock you told me existed, JesusMonroe?
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1539

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Wait, is the Seven one for the first ending you're talking about the room with the surgery dummies and the element puzzle? Also, is the "dead end" mentioned the story lock you told me existed, JesusMonroe?

Yes and yes
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

Just a really, REALLY quick question because I don't want to come across spoilers finding the answer to this elsewhere.
Spoiler:
Is the Coffin ending the dead end that was mentioned, seeing as it quite literally ends with a "To Be Continued"? It's just the way that the dead end was described here implied it was just something that I needed to find information from another ending for, but I didn't expect it to be a whole separate ending, assuming it is.

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1539

It's called the Coffin End but the True End will be a continuation of it. If you unlocked the True End without getting the Coffin End first, you'd get both unlocked on the end screen. So yes, it's a dead end

I only recommended you do the Coffin path first because I think the information presented there is good theory fuel for the other paths
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

So, that means, to get the True End, I still need to go through the
Spoiler:
number 1
door? Or does something happen that prevents me from doing so but still continues the Coffin ending, since you excluded that door from your list?
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 994

Apollo4Justice wrote:
So, that means, to get the True End, I still need to go through the
Spoiler:
number 1
door? Or does something happen that prevents me from doing so but still continues the Coffin ending, since you excluded that door from your list?


You have to revisit the coffin ending to continue to the true ending once you do a particular other ending.

EDIT: I think the game does give you a hint when you hit coffin in the form of a video. I'll let you decide whether you look at it again or not (I vaguely remember there being a gallery for that).

Last edited by blahmoomoo on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

I saw the "preview", as they called it, but it makes Zero :pearly: sense. It's not just a TV short or promo they made for the marketing, right?
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1539

Apollo4Justice wrote:
So, that means, to get the True End, I still need to go through the
Spoiler:
number 1
door? Or does something happen that prevents me from doing so but still continues the Coffin ending, since you excluded that door from your list?

Sorry, that was a typo from copying and pasting. The Coffin Ending path is exactly the same as the True Ending path
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 994

Apollo4Justice wrote:
I saw the "preview", as they called it, but it makes Zero :pearly: sense. It's not just a TV short or promo they made for the marketing, right?


Pay attention to more than just the imagery. I can give a stronger hint if you don't get it.
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

Nah, I'll figure it out eventually, either through enough watching or finishing the game.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

I don't know if this is a glitch or not but I'm on the segment where you choose between doors 1, 2, and 6. I already got the Submarine ending but it says I haven't chosen door 2 yet. But I'm going for the Safe ending this time and it says I already chose door 6. Is this a known glitch or something? I don't see door 6 mentioned in any of the other endings JesusMonroe put, besides the one I'm going for and I don't think there's any other way to get to door 2,
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Dominican Republic

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Posts: 622

If you got the submarine ending by going through door 3, then it looks like you haven't gone through door 2 because you didn't actually have a choice the first time around, but going through it will always give you the same ending. Also door 6 is also the final door for the knife ending, which you said you already saw.
Signature loading, please wait...
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

So, would you say going through door 2 matter at all, in terms of the game and what I'll learn? I don't want to waste my time with it if that's the case.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 994

Apollo4Justice wrote:
So, would you say going through door 2 matter at all, in terms of the game and what I'll learn? I don't want to waste my time with it if that's the case.


Door 2 always leads to Sub. If you've seen it already, there's nothing new for you there.

Forcing your way into door 3 forces you into door 2 without a choice because you don't have they key(s) necessary to go into doors 1 or 6. I forgot if it's because you can't get to either door or if having one inaccessible means there is only one possible set of teams that can go into two doors at the same time.

It's also worth mentioning that the greyed out choices means you have made that exact choice before, not that there is nothing new behind the choice. It doesn't take any other actions you've made along the way into account.
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

Just got the Safe ending and all I can say is "wow". In fact, I nearly cried during THAT segment (you know what I'm talking about). :sadshoe:
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14001

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Just got the Safe ending and all I can say is "wow". In fact, I nearly cried during THAT segment (you know what I'm talking about). :sadshoe:


Haha yeah that's a real good one
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

How long would you say the True ending is by itself?
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 994

Apollo4Justice wrote:
How long would you say the True ending is by itself?

If I recall, it's probably about as long as going through two or three doors, including content in between, for the first time. It's not short like most other endings.
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

I just finished it and I will never listen to Morphogenic Sorrow the same way again, especially with that last puzzle. Though, I DO still have some questions, if you don't mind answering them.
Spoiler:
First of all, who is the killer in both the Submarine and Knife ending? Was it the guy in the Captain outfit? Or Ace in one ending and Cap in the other? Second of all, if the detonators were never real, how exactly did the 9th man and Snake imposter die? Did Zero give them detonators but no one else, to lure Ace into a trap? Third of all, I still don't get how the whole "Akane is dead but is in the present" part works. Is it explained further in the other games or did I just miss something? And finally, where exactly did Snake go in the Safe ending, seeing as he was missing from one of the shots that showed the majority of the room, with only Ace in it? Was it just an error the artist made or just open-ended?

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7159

Apollo4Justice wrote:
I just finished it and I will never listen to Morphogenic Sorrow the same way again, especially with that last puzzle. Though, I DO still have some questions, if you don't mind answering them.
Spoiler:
First of all, who is the killer in both the Submarine and Knife ending? Was it the guy in the Captain outfit? Or Ace in one ending and Cap in the other? Second of all, if the detonators were never real, how exactly did the 9th man and Snake imposter die? Did Zero give them detonators but no one else, to lure Ace into a trap? Third of all, I still don't get how the whole "Akane is dead but is in the present" part works. Is it explained further in the other games or did I just miss something? And finally, where exactly did Snake go in the Safe ending, seeing as he was missing from one of the shots that showed the majority of the room, with only Ace in it? Was it just an error the artist made or just open-ended?


Spoiler:
Ace is the killer in... both, I think? He's faking being dead on the floor. 9th man and imposter had real detonators, yes. She's in the present on loaned time, basically, until the second game she had planned can play out and snap shut and ensure her continued living. If not, she disappears (as seen in some endings) as present choices would then affect the past so that she did die in the incinerator after all. It's a time paradox. And if I remember correctly, the multiple world thing wasn't really a thing here as it was in VLR, it's more like Akane is watching possible timelines, with the True ending being, well, the true ending.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

So,
Spoiler:
the Akane in the present disappears once Akane in the past dies in the incinerator, as the version in the past is experiencing her Nonary Game and the present one at the same time. If the second Nonary Game doesn't reach the point that it needs to, being that Junpei solves the puzzle in the incinerator and transmits the solution to Akane, then the past Akane dies and June disappears as a result? Does that mean that because the past Akane didn't die, June spawns somewhere in the present world, since she needs to be in it for ZTD and VLR to happen? Is that the logic I should be following?

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7159

Spoiler:
Yes to the first part, at least to my understanding. To the second part, not as much "spawns" as stays, after the first nonary game she kept on living until the second nonary game which is basically the point where it's decided whether or not she died in the past since her existence in the presence rides on it having succeeded. So if she doesn't die in the past, her existence in the present isn't a paradox (as it would be if she actually died nine years ago) and thus she keeps on existing.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

Alright. And what about the Snake thing I mentioned, near the end of my list of questions? Any thoughts on that?
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7159

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Alright. And what about the Snake thing I mentioned, near the end of my list of questions? Any thoughts on that?


Spoiler:
He dies with Ace in the incinerator after having been shot multiple times. What shot are you referring to?

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

Spoiler:
By "shot", I mean camera shot. After Junpei, Seven, and Lotus exit the incinerator, leaving Ace and Snake behind, Junpei looks through the glass and then we see Ace standing, shouting at Zero. But Snake is nowhere to be seen: not on the ground, behind Ace, not even on Ace himself.

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7159

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Spoiler:
By "shot", I mean camera shot. After Junpei, Seven, and Lotus exit the incinerator, leaving Ace and Snake behind, Junpei looks through the glass and then we see Ace standing, shouting at Zero. But Snake is nowhere to be seen: not on the ground, behind Ace, not even on Ace himself.


Spoiler:
Ah, I see which one you meant. It's probably just perspective even though we can see a very alrge portion of the room without Snake in the picture. It does say that Junpei can see both of them, though.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

Spoiler:
He just let go of Ace after the door shut or just collapsed from his wounds and fell out of our frame of view?

That reminds me, something else I thought was strange. In the Casino, I believe, when you look at the lights, Snake reacts very strangely to it but it's never addressed in the game again. Any idea what that's about?

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Page 14 of 15 [ 569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO