Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 11 of 13[ 496 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 


Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

I'm just going to do Conquest and then Revelations after I finish Hoshido, so I can experience all of the paths. I'm probably going to regret that decision though, based on some of the posts in this thread.
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4092

A word of advice to anyone hoping to recruit the Hoshidan child characters: Marry Ryoma off ASAP and take on Shiro's recruitment mission when the party's average level is still low. If everyone's level is too high, the enemies will be way out of Shiro's league and he will get himself killed on the first turn before you get a chance to recruit him. I waited too long and now the mission is next to impossible; the first enemy to reach Shiro has enough attack power to take him out in two hits, is fast enough to hit twice, and has 100% accuracy. Once Azura's a Songstress again, I'll see if I can use her song to get Ryoma over to Shiro in a single turn. The distance might be too great, though.
Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3539

Spoiler: Paralogues 13 and 14
-- Corrin's log, Day 7 --

I'm beginning to have second thoughts about birthing and leaving our children in the Deeprealms to protect them from war; compared to the relative ease at which we've been able to thwart our Nohrian adversaries, each of the Deeprealms we've visited has turned into a hellscape. Granted, Rhajat brought the endless zombie horde into existence herself (and if we hadn't decided to leave her there in the first place, she wouldn't be with me today, so for that at least I must be eternally grateful), but the land of Subaki's daughter Caeldori was even worse. Wicked creatures, numbering at least twice our own army, and each at least as strong as most of the finest warriors in Hoshido, if not stronger. I can't recall how many times I tried to dispatch them all without losing an ally. If not for my ability to return to my SAVE point, we would likely all be dead right now. Nobody must know I have this kind of power. Not even Rhajat.

...Especially not Rhajat.

Finally, after far too many failures, I came to realize I had to admit something. I was no tactician, and certainly no grandmaster. To hell with this tactical bullshit. "Jakob," I said, "back me up. Orochi, stick to your daughter like glue. We're going to just sit in the forts and wait for the enemy while Subaki grabs Caeldori and takes her to the river, safely out of reach. Everyone else, stay put at the castle. We'll see you soon."

And so we did.

Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3539

damn it hana

I tried to like you

I really did

Spoiler: Corrin and Hana's C - A support log
C rank

Hana: SAKURA WAS SAD WHEN YOU GOT KIDNAPPED, I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THAT


B rank

Hana: My father was a great samurai who died protecting the king, I want to be just like him

Corrin: That's admirable, I just hope you don't meet the same fate he did

Hana: HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY FATHER, I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU


A rank

Corrin: What I meant before was Sakura would be sad if you died

Hana: Fine I forgive you a little bit I GUESS

Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
damn it hana

I tried to like you

I really did

Spoiler: Corrin and Hana's C - A support log
C rank

Hana: SAKURA WAS SAD WHEN YOU GOT KIDNAPPED, I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THAT


B rank

Hana: My father was a great samurai who died protecting the king, I want to be just like him

Corrin: That's admirable, I just hope you don't meet the same fate he did

Hana: HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY FATHER, I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU


A rank

Corrin: What I meant before was Sakura would be sad if you died

Hana: Fine I forgive you a little bit I GUESS


Spoiler:
Yeah, I got to S-Support with Hana, and I agree that the Supports are kind of ridiculous. It's hardly involves support at all.

C Support: Hana is mildly annoyed with you.
B Support: Hana hates you.
C Support: Hana mildly likes you.
S Support: Hana marries you.

That's a natural progression of events right there.


Granted, Hana is the best character, so it doesn't matter.
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3539

I'll admit she has nice legs

And Vantage
Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4092

That's an example of the main reason why my character in Awakening almost always married the same person in each playthrough. It's nice that Nintendo gave the players more options with regards to who can marry whom, but it's pretty difficult to properly portray a transition from acquaintances to lovers over the course of a mere four conversations. It shouldn't be a surprise that many of the support paths can make the resulting marriage come off as forced.
Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Yeah. Granted, considering that you get these conversations by pairing units up a lot, I think we're meant to assume that those aren't the only conversations the units have, as that would just be bizarre.
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4092

Planetbox wrote:
Yeah. Granted, considering that you get these conversations by pairing units up a lot, I think we're meant to assume that those aren't the only conversations the units have, as that would just be bizarre.

Certainly true, although I feel the developers should imply as much in the conversations rather than just assume the players will fill in the blanks on their own.

Edit: as a side-note, I find it amusing that the character I currently plan on marrying my Nohrian avatar off to is voiced by the same person who voiced my preferred love interest in Awakening.
Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

sans.

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 3267

The pairing/S-support system in Awakening/Fates is pretty terrible from a writing perspective. They can't have too much romantic tension going on in C-A supports in case the player already has S ranks with different units for the C-A pair... but then when they get to S rank the writers need to get "marriage" in there to justify the kids.

It's a dumb system and while I understand the flexibility it gives players gameplay-wise, I really can't help but wonder if they couldn't limit the possible S pairings and make those conversations more romantically inclined and other pairings more platonic.

Interestingly, this go-around several of the kid S-ranks are platonic, at least in the localization.
Hey! My current life situation is [low-level internal screaming], so I may be slow to respond to things. Thanks for understanding!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

Bolt Storm wrote:
The pairing/S-support system in Awakening/Fates is pretty terrible from a writing perspective. They can't have too much romantic tension going on in C-A supports in case the player already has S ranks with different units for the C-A pair... but then when they get to S rank the writers need to get "marriage" in there to justify the kids.

It's a dumb system and while I understand the flexibility it gives players gameplay-wise, I really can't help but wonder if they couldn't limit the possible S pairings and make those conversations more romantically inclined and other pairings more platonic.

Interestingly, this go-around several of the kid S-ranks are platonic, at least in the localization.


So has that problem not improved with Fates? It was a problem for me in Awakening.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3539

I mean, when you have to write a hundred or so different support conversations, there's bound to be a handful that aren't that great

The real problem with the marriage system in Fates is not enough eligible women in the first generation

In Awakening, not counting Robin and characters who could only marry him/her, there were 12 males and 10 females who could wed each other, plus Chrom and Sumia who had limited options. No matter what you did, someone wasn't getting married, but on the other hand, you could have Robin end up with pretty much anyone and still get all the children.

In Fates, not counting Corrin and characters who could only marry him/her, there's exactly the same number of males and females. Which means if you get male Corrin hitched to one of the non-exclusive first gen girls, you're taking a potential wife away from one of the other men, which means you lose out on that character's child.

way to drop the ball, IS
Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

Again this comes down to the quantity. I don't think its a big deal someone doesn't get married. There's normally at least one member of the cast so boring I never want to see them again or use them so don't try and pair them xD.

But I'll take that as the problems still exist where the romance can come out of nowhere on occasion.

How about this though? Are father-child relationships still generic? Where the child has the same issus no matter who the dad is?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3539

Well in Fates the children are determined by the father instead of the mother (outside of Corrin and Azura who each have their own kid) but from what little I've seen so far, mother-child supports are still fairly generic with one notable exception:

Spoiler: Revelations spoiler
Apparently Severa has some special dialogue with Caeldori if she's her mother

Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4092

Just finished Chapter 21 of Conquest. I'm starting to wonder when the plot is supposed to start stinking, as I've actually been enjoying it so far. Off the top of my head, I can only think of one moment that actually bugged me, and that's the scene after completing the aforementioned chapter.

Spoiler: After Chapter 21 of Conquest
For all intents and purposes, Lilith was killed off just to give the player character a death to mourn, and the way the death was handled shows as much. Even though Xander and Azura (and presumably the rest of the party) insisted that the player character go on ahead while they hold off the Faceless horde, one Faceless gets through, catches the player character off-guard, and attacks. Lilith takes the blow and dies. I get that Iago was outright trying to make the player character suffer, but I feel it was very disrespectful to Lilith for the developers have her die in such a manner.

Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

sans.

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 3267

General Luigi wrote:
Just finished Chapter 21 of Conquest. I'm starting to wonder when the plot is supposed to start stinking, as I've actually been enjoying it so far. Off the top of my head, I can only think of one moment that actually bugged me, and that's the scene after completing the aforementioned chapter.

Spoiler: After Chapter 21 of Conquest
For all intents and purposes, Lilith was killed off just to give the player character a death to mourn, and the way the death was handled shows as much. Even though Xander and Azura (and presumably the rest of the party) insisted that the player character go on ahead while they hold off the Faceless horde, one Faceless gets through, catches the player character off-guard, and attacks. Lilith takes the blow and dies. I get that Iago was outright trying to make the player character suffer, but I feel it was very disrespectful to Lilith for the developers have her die in such a manner.


I mean, Chapters 14 and 15 are pretty hilariously bad in my book.

Spoiler: Conquest
14: "Hm, who's this mysterious, supernatural songstress with long blue hair and a connection to water who seems to have a grudge against the genocidal king who invaded Hoshido? It's just a mystery!!!!! Better go have Hans murder a bunch of people so Corrin can angst about his/her choice again."

15: "Thanks for following me into that magic kingdom, Corrin. They're almost certainly behind all this, but you can't talk about it or you'll instantly die. Here's a magic crystal ball that shows that Garon's actually a monster; I'm going to show it to you and only you and then it's going to shatter forever and we can't get any more. Better conquer Hoshido to put Garon on the magic throne."


It's a really clear case of "we needed events X, Y, and Z to happen but we couldn't figure out a reasonable way for it to go down."

What you mentioned is just more of a clumsy attempt at pathos (and, again, to give Corrin opportunity to angst.)
Hey! My current life situation is [low-level internal screaming], so I may be slow to respond to things. Thanks for understanding!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

Psst I blitzed past it but you should probably fix your spoiler tag
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4092

The things that bugged you struck me as little more than minor details rather than a legitimate problem in the plot as a whole. I'll grant that some of those things could have been handled better, but they didn't bother me as much as they apparently bothered you, Bolt.
Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

sans.

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 3267

Pierre wrote:
Psst I blitzed past it but you should probably fix your spoiler tag


...? It looks tagged to me. (Unless I was tired last night, didn't realize it wasn't tagged right, and then a mod fixed it while I was at work, which is entirely possible. :yogi:)

General Luigi wrote:
The things that bugged you struck me as little more than minor details rather than a legitimate problem in the plot as a whole. I'll grant that some of those things could have been handled better, but they didn't bother me as much as they apparently bothered you, Bolt.


I mean, they aren't game-breaking issues or anything, I just thought those two chapters were noticeably bad in terms of plot logic, and I'm inclined to call a spade a spade. It also stuck out a bit because before release they were going on about how they brought on a new writer to improve on Awakening's story, and the end result seems to be "a story with bigger ambition that falls flat on its face" instead of Awakening's "story that's just kind of there."
Hey! My current life situation is [low-level internal screaming], so I may be slow to respond to things. Thanks for understanding!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4092

Out of curiosity, how many people aren't interested in the children mechanic in Fates? Maybe it's because I don't like how the game tries to justify making them playable, maybe it's because three of the Birthright children are clearly based on characters from Awakening, or maybe it's some other reason altogether, but I'm prone to just not deploying the children once I've recruited them. I mostly do their recruitment missions to get loot, grind levels, and build up supports.
Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

General Luigi wrote:
Out of curiosity, how many people aren't interested in the children mechanic in Fates? Maybe it's because I don't like how the game tries to justify making them playable, maybe it's because three of the Birthright children are clearly based on characters from Awakening, or maybe it's some other reason altogether, but I'm prone to just not deploying the children once I've recruited them. I mostly do their recruitment missions to get loot, grind levels, and build up supports.


I don't know yet, because I haven't been able to beat any of the child paralogues. :(
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

sans.

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 3267

I was definitely less interested in the kids this go around (though I was never huge on them in Awakening, either.) Part of it is that Conquest has the restrictions on EXP/resources, and the kids no longer have the potential to come with ridiculous base stats, which means they're basically just more units to manage.

I only wound up using Kana and Shigure, and Kana was more of a support bot than a heavy hitter in her own right.
Hey! My current life situation is [low-level internal screaming], so I may be slow to respond to things. Thanks for understanding!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3539

^ Pretty much that, plus I'm struggling to figure out who to pair with who. It's not as cut and dry as in Awakening (give Galeforce to as many kids as possible) since there's nothing as broken as that in Fates and you can buy skills anyway, so it's more about stats and classes.

I did just get done S-ranking Silas and Oboro, though, hoping two tanky af characters will have a tanky af kid. I actually liked their support, too, so bonus.


also somehow my Rhajat ended up even more powerful than Corrin
Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Enigma

Gender: Female

Location: Beneath the Shrine of Seals

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:28 am

Posts: 1638

So I was stalking Serenes and Twitter, and apparently some of the fanbase is in an uproar about the localisation. I mean, I heard about the changes Nintendo made to the game, but is it really that bad? Or are the "fans" (and I use that term very loosely) just very salty? See #torrentialdownpour on Twitter to see what I mean. Also there's this business with Gamergate but I don't know what's up with that. All in all, is the game at least good, like more decent than Awakening? I want to get it after I beat Monster Hunter.
Image
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

Honestly kinda glad about how the kids are handled, just as extra units, nothing more. Awakening honestly just felt like baby maker the game and took out whatever remaining strategy that Awakening had as the children were pretty much too OP, making the other units worthless. I'm still getting through Conquest on a first playthrough myself and just got Kana after completing Chapter 18. Much like what Bolt said, I've just been using her as a support rather than a direct attacker.

I will say though, I'm only speaking for Conquest, but I've really enjoyed the map variety the game has had to offer and the challenge the game has. So far for me, the gameplay has felt pretty solid.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3539

Gameplay-wise, Fates is better.

Story-wise, I haven't finished any of the paths, but from what I've seen Bolt was very generous when he linked Dogsong. I started a Conquest playthrough a couple days ago and it was dumber than I expected, which is really saying something.
Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

To be fair, from my understanding, as Fire Emblem ever been a series praised for its story? Honestly, I always thought it was more about gameplay and strategy than anything else.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

I am the swordsman of justice!

Gender: Female

Location: USA

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:17 am

Posts: 89

dullahan1 wrote:
To be fair, from my understanding, as Fire Emblem ever been a series praised for its story? Honestly, I always thought it was more about gameplay and strategy than anything else.

I like both the gameplay and story of most of the FE games, shadow dragons story isn't great but it's a remake the first game on the NES so that's acceptable, but I always have praised the story (especially Radiant Dawn.) of the games as well as the strategic gameplay
I was trying to think of a question while I was objecting, I didn't
- Edgeworth
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

dullahan1 wrote:
To be fair, from my understanding, as Fire Emblem ever been a series praised for its story? Honestly, I always thought it was more about gameplay and strategy than anything else.


Eh until Awakening I considered the support conversation writing pretty solid from my experience. Quite liked Sacred Stones story too.


Bramimond wrote:
So I was stalking Serenes and Twitter, and apparently some of the fanbase is in an uproar about the localisation. I mean, I heard about the changes Nintendo made to the game, but is it really that bad? Or are the "fans" (and I use that term very loosely) just very salty? See #torrentialdownpour on Twitter to see what I mean. Also there's this business with Gamergate but I don't know what's up with that. All in all, is the game at least good, like more decent than Awakening? I want to get it after I beat Monster Hunter.


Heh heh one does not simply "finish" Monster Hunter
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3539

dullahan1 wrote:
To be fair, from my understanding, as Fire Emblem ever been a series praised for its story? Honestly, I always thought it was more about gameplay and strategy than anything else.

Wouldn't know personally but from what I've heard Awakening is considered to have one of the weaker stories in FE (though I thought it was alright) and Fates is a few steps lower than that.

I think what really sets me off is Garon is such an obviously complete monster that I can't even imagine why anyone would want to follow him. Even Gangrel was at least a little sympathetic.

Also
Spoiler: Xander
Xander is such an oblivious dipshit that, despite all the writing on the wall, he pretty much refuses to even consider the fact that Garon might want to kill Corrin until he overhears Garon saying "I want to kill Corrin." This is after Garon tries to order Corrin's death something like three times in as many minutes using Insane Troll Logic reasoning like "He was captured by the Hoshidans, he's a traitor, kill him!"


I mean, there's dumb characters and stories, and then there's Fates.
Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

I've only played a bit of 7 and 13 prior to this, so to be fair, I was going off assumptions based off my conversations with others that I've had who played more of this series than me and the ones I've talked to have always been more focused on the gameplay than the story.

I'm getting close to finishing Conquest, and honestly aside from a few stupid things here and there, I honestly like the story better than Awakening's. While I can't forgive some of the weaker plot elements, the character motivations that'd bug me a bit are expanded on in the support conversations and it makes more sense to me.

Spoiler: Garon
And as for the whole Garon is obviously evil and yet the children refuse to acknowledge it, it made a ton more sense in the support conversations I've gotten. From what I've gotten, he used to be an outright model king, one of the kindest and most charitable people ever, willing to do whatever it took for his country. To me, it makes sense that someone like Xander is going to have a hard time accepting that his father really wants to kill Corrin. Especially with the older children, I understand that even though he's now downright evil, they want to believe that the good him from the past is still in there somewhere and they want to have faith in him because it's their dad.


I actually like how some of the support conversations in Conquest expand not only on the characters but the story this time as well. Awakening didn't do any of that, and it's one of the many reasons I like it more.

Also, Pierre, from my experience, I've never really had any problems with the support convos in FE. Haven't really S-ranked much in Fates yet to make the call, but the only problems I've had with support convos so far are most of the S-rank ones in Awakening. Those "falling in love" convos felt so forced and unnatural that I really felt uncomfortable with most of them.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Explorer

Gender: Male

Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am

Posts: 737

dullahan1 wrote:
Also, Pierre, from my experience, I've never really had any problems with the support convos in FE. Haven't really S-ranked much in Fates yet to make the call, but the only problems I've had with support convos so far are most of the S-rank ones in Awakening. Those "falling in love" convos felt so forced and unnatural that I really felt uncomfortable with most of them.

Yeah... Most of the S-Ranks that I've seen in Fates still run into that same issue. A saying I've heard about them is that ranks C through A need to be platonic enough so that any S-Rank can be gotten, so they have to jam all the romance into S. ...Which is exactly the problem.
Image
Well? Are we going or what?
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Alonso Swift wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
Also, Pierre, from my experience, I've never really had any problems with the support convos in FE. Haven't really S-ranked much in Fates yet to make the call, but the only problems I've had with support convos so far are most of the S-rank ones in Awakening. Those "falling in love" convos felt so forced and unnatural that I really felt uncomfortable with most of them.

Yeah... Most of the S-Ranks that I've seen in Fates still run into that same issue. A saying I've heard about them is that ranks C through A need to be platonic enough so that any S-Rank can be gotten, so they have to jam all the romance into S. ...Which is exactly the problem.


The problem is, I'm not sure if there's really anyway to fix that. It would be weird to put romantic stuff into the first three supports because either character could already have another S-Support. It suppose they could add another support after S or something, but I'm not really sure how that would work from a gameplay perspective either.
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4092

Something with some rather unfortunate implications just occurred to me with regards to Odin, Selena, and Laslow.

Spoiler: Odin and Laslow's A-Level Support
I imagine I didn't need to put this in a spoiler box, but I'm erring on the side of caution here. Odin is actually Owain, Laslow is actually Inigo, and Selena is actually Severa. Now, with that in mind, the fact that all three of them can get married in both Awakening and Fates gains rather unfortunate implications. For example, I usually marry Owain off to Cynthia when I play Awakening (never mind that since I always marry Sumia off to Chrom, the localization doesn't regard Owain and Cynthia as married). If I am to regard my playthroughs as canon, then it follows that Odin commits adultery in any playthrough of Conquest and/or Revelation in which I have him get married. The same holds true for Laslow and Selena.

Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

General Luigi wrote:
Something with some rather unfortunate implications just occurred to me with regards to Odin, Selena, and Laslow.

Spoiler: Odin and Laslow's A-Level Support
I imagine I didn't need to put this in a spoiler box, but I'm erring on the side of caution here. Odin is actually Owain, Laslow is actually Inigo, and Selena is actually Severa. Now, with that in mind, the fact that all three of them can get married in both Awakening and Fates gains rather unfortunate implications. For example, I usually marry Owain off to Cynthia when I play Awakening (never mind that since I always marry Sumia off to Chrom, the localization doesn't regard Owain and Cynthia as married). If I am to regard my playthroughs as canon, then it follows that Odin commits adultery in any playthrough of Conquest and/or Revelation in which I have him get married. The same holds true for Laslow and Selena.


That whole thing raises even more strange questions...

Spoiler:
What if Lissa, Coredlia, or Olivia never get married in your game? If Cordelia got shot by an archer and died dead before marrying, how did Severa get born? The same goes for Lissa and Olivia (especially when they're weak lol)? What if either of the children dies in Awakening? And most importantly of all, how did they change their hair color? I just think this whole returning children thing may not have been thought out well, unless there are needlessly bizarre explanations in game I haven't reached yet.


Also...

General Luigi wrote:
I always marry Sumia off to Chrom


:beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef:
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3539

Spoiler:
Alternate timelines/dimensions. Might seem like sort of a copout answer but it was heavily implied they existed in some of the Awakening DLC maps so it's not like it's out of nowhere.

Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

I've beaten Conquest and I'm about halfway through Birthright.

Right now, I feel Birthright's story is okay and some of the characters are nice. But the whole time I've been playing, I just keep thinking how much more I preferred Conquest, both from a gameplay standpoint and its music. The music in Birthright is good too, but I feel it just doesn't blow me away like it did in Conquest where I instantly fell in love with some of the map themes. Coming off of Conquest too, Birthright just feels kinda boring to me, especially since I'm not having to worry about how to optimally manage my units, which was a thing that made me enjoy Conquest a lot more.

One thing I do give Hoshido though is from an aesthetic viewpoint, I prefer the look of Hoshido's kingdom over Nohr's.

As for my thoughts on the story of Conquest, it had some low points here and there, but I overall enjoyed the story. The message felt a bit forced and some plot points really got bad because of said message, but it was a decent story nonetheless. At least it didn't lose its focus, which instantly made me like it way more than Awakening's, where I felt it started good, then went to who knows where until the end where it remembered what it was doing.

I just honestly wish that Camilla wasn't just pandering to fanservice, because I actually kinda liked her as a character, but that whole aspect ruined her for me.

This has to be said for me too. I love just how cheesy Arthur's character is. Reminds me so much of Captain Gordon DEFENDER OF EARTH from Disgaea.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4092

dullahan1 wrote:
I just honestly wish that Camilla wasn't just pandering to fanservice, because I actually kinda liked her as a character, but that whole aspect ruined her for me.

I feel the same way. Despite the developers' attempts to call attention to her sex appeal (I suspect my tastes in fanservice are atypical), she's probably one of my favorite characters in Fates. I'm conflicted over how to feel about the whole matter. On the one hand, Camilla proves that characters can be both interesting and "sexy." On the other hand, I'd probably still find her interesting if she had Nyx's body structure and dressed like Sophia from FE6.
Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3539

Well after failing Chapter 10 of Conquest about ten times I said screeeeeew this and cheesed some extra levels from the Boo Camp DLC map

pay 2 win
Image
Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1494

Anyone else achieve A-rank support with
Spoiler: Birthright Chapter 15
Kaze? If you don't, something bad will happen.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Page 11 of 13 [ 496 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot?] and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO