Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 61 of 61[ 2410 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61

Re: [PAL as well!] Virtue's Last Reward: 999 Sequel (3DS/VitTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

@Pierre Don't worry. I'm not planning to save in any room :P

@JesusMonroe But we do learn a bit more about Sigma throughout the game. Makes it a bit harder to 'step into his shoes' per se.

Oh, so Luna does get better throughout the game? Good to know.

Spoiler: A couple hours later
I went into the yellow door FYI, and in the first AB game I chose to betray Tenny. I'm sad that I did now.

Another generic complaint I have is that the characters say Donno instead of Dunno. Really bothers me

Poor Quark. Must suck being infected with a disease that strips away all reasoning from you

It was kinda meta seeing Clover explain the first two NGs. I'm assuming she and Alice are super secret spies or something?

There haven't been any cool scifi stuff so far unlike 999. The AB game does remind me of Prisoner's Dilemma, and Schrödinger's Cat has been mentioned.

Also, is it randomised whether the other players betray or not?

Blah!

Southern Corn wrote:
Another generic complaint I have is that the characters say Donno instead of Dunno. Really bothers me

I donno what you're talking about. :P But really, it seems like it was a localization quirk since the Steam version allegedly changed those to dunno. It kind of became a meme to certain people in the meantime.

Also, the choice to ally or betray is deliberate. You'll see why later.

Happy Maria

I see.

Deliberate? Does that mean it's predetermined?

Spoiler: Treatment Room
So far if Tenmyoldy is who I think he is, I know why he left Quark with Clover.

Also the jellyfish puzzle was hilarious. I donno which was better, the description telling me if I brought the yellow jellyfish up I was failure and a huge disappointment, or that I actually agree with Clover that Ellen (the purple one with the meat inside it) is totally from the outer reaches of space.

Also I forgot to mention this, but I'll miss Zero III. He was rather delightful is this tastelessly morbid world that I was mercilessly thrown into (;-;)

I'm fine and ready for justice!

My favorite moments, SC, since I have a lot of them are
Spoiler: Spoilers About Certain Events
the entirety of the Luna ending, the final vote in the Luna route (because of the personal feelings of trust happening there), Tenmyouji vs. Dio, the utter dread and just everything running through my mind during Clover's ending (which was my first one) and, of course, Dio's kick to the head from Phi.

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Happy Maria

Apollo4Justice wrote:
My favorite moments, SC, since I have a lot of them are
Spoiler: Spoilers About Certain Events
the entirety of the Luna ending, the final vote in the Luna route (because of the personal feelings of trust happening there), Tenmyouji vs. Dio, the utter dread and just everything running through my mind during Clover's ending (which was my first one) and, of course, Dio's kick to the head from Phi.

Spoiler:
Actually, what you feel about Clover End is what I felt about Luna End. Sure, I felt emotionally confused, but also a bit scared as to what would happen next. It was really turning into the submarine ending for a second there.

Tenmyouji vs Dio was also pretty fun, and so was the kick to the head by Phi, but I still love Alice twisting his hand more. It's my ringtone now. Nah, but if it could be, I'd use it.

My favourite moment was realising that we would have to go back to the past AB room to save Kanny. What I didn't like was Kanny being...well, boring

Spoiler: Major Endgame Spoilers
I actually thought that the whole segment with Akane was actually pretty interesting, I had a feeling of sinisterness :pearly: that was very reminiscent of the start of the game. I accidentally played this one before 999 so that could be a factor in why I didn't find it boring. Another great moment, which should be obvious, is the reveal of the twist. Akane suggesting that you're not in your own body after no one recognizes you despite the revelation of Kyle's unconscious body, followed by a moment of silence and then Chill and Rigor playing just makes it one of the best twist reveals I've ever seen, the tension and confusion is just so good. Even though I spoiled myself in YouTube comments, my jaw still dropped for five minutes.

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

The video game boy; the one who wins

Spoiler:
I really like the ending where Tenmyouji takes Quark out and Quark leaves that letter basically begging Sigma to forgive Tenmyouji for it. The story he told was touching and Quark is my favourite charcter in VLR. Dio-end is great too, it was my first ending (unless you're forced to have that first?) and it's perfect for that because it feels like a semi-proper end while leaving a lot of questions. "Had [the moon] always been this big...?" Brrr. That thing in itself, the "moon" being red, then revealed to be earth, that was really eerie and I didn't figure that out until it was revealed. I left this game feeling overwhelmed, and thought that even though I loved it I wouldn't be up to the task of replaying it, but now I think I want to play the series in chronological order sometime (this one was the first I played because I had just gotten a 3DS and wanted games specifically for it).

It also has some nostalgia, I played this almost two years ago, late summer/early fall when I had just got my own place. I'd started it before that, but didn't find it very engaging at that point (I didn't know about the sci-fi aspect and stuff) and thought I wasn't very good at escape-the-room-games. So when I got stuck I was ready to give up. Then I randomly picked it up again, looked up a walkthrough to get unstuck, and then everything started rolling and suddenly it was really engaging. I'm glad I gave it another chance, otherwise I'd never play 999 and ZTD and the Infinity series either.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Spoiler:
If I recall correctly, GoingForMiles, you're not forced into getting Dio End first, it's just one of two endings you can get without hitting a Story Lock, the other being Clover's (which I got first). Speaking of endings, am I the only one who had to go over the timeline diagram more than once to understand it? I finished VLR really late at night but the next morning, I still didn't get it until I replayed VLR again and STILL didn't understand. I had to do a little thinking on my own and come to the realization that all time happens at once (I was getting tripped up because I couldn't get how the Mars mission consistently happened if the OldSigma jumps back to the future and YoungSigma takes 40 years to take his place) and finally, I got it. Going back to things I liked, though, is when Phi pulled the "hey, look over there" on Dio. Gets me every time.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Oh, ok. Then I'm glad I got that ending first.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

Spoiler: Response
Oh yes absolutely Quark's letter is so heartwarming.

Honestly the worst moment for me is probably Alice's ending. It forces you to betray to proceed which is pretty stupid considering that the reason Sigma voted so is not the same as the player. Honestly I'm not a big fan of Alice in general. She and Lotus are my least favourite ZE characters, which is funny because they have a lot in common.

From what I can tell so far from ZTD Mira is at least a bit more straightforward in her role.

Page 61 of 61 [ 2410 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station