Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 42 of 42[ 1654 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

Re: Dangan-RonpaTopic%20Title

SHSL Sociologist

I was more referring to style over difficulty ie- this is how things are structured, do you like it? Afterall, Spike Chunsoft only allows people to post videos of chapter one, for a reason. Speaking firsthand, it was quite the experience watching DR1 for the first time and I was disappointed the let's play just stopped at ch.1. I ended up buying it for myself and don't regret doing so. Just seeing the style of the first chapter was enough to hook me in. Then again, I see plenty of English videos beyond chapter 1, maybe it's just in Japan, idk.

I do agree that with DR1, maybe play a bit of the second chapter too. Even if it's just for the aforementioned difficulty.

TheDoctor wrote:
I wasn't complaining, I was just saying the first case isn't usually indicative of a series' difficulty, generally due to ridiculously obvious clues or the case outright showing you who the killer is.

4-1 is one of the few cases that actually managed to be a challenging case in its own right as far as tutorials go.

4-1? ...oh, yes. That one. It wasn't bad. It was obvious with the bracelet-clue, but... yeah, that is something where they were explaining "Here, this is a mechanic that will come up in the other cases".

C-A

1000% Knight

I can't believe you didn't post this here, JM...

...And speaking of posting DR reviews here late

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

So, as someone who generally liked the Danganronpa games, but hated the ending of the first one, thought the second was marginally better, and relegates the entire DR3 anime to the realm of discontinuity because of it's ending, would you say this ending is liable to piss me off, or would it be more "meh?"

1000% Knight

No idea

@BadPlayer because I already posted my thoughts of the game ~2 years ago :p

Are the trials in V3 padded with a bunch of "hey maybe A is the killer...oh wait he's not, then maybe B is the killer, oh wait she's not..." that don't actually reveal any information about the mystery besides eliminating suspects? Which isn't actually helpful because if the characters started with suspecting the killer, they'd catch the killer without having to eliminate the other people as possibilities?

1000% Knight

JesusMonroe wrote:
@BadPlayer because I already posted my thoughts of the game ~2 years ago :p

Are the trials in V3 padded with a bunch of "hey maybe A is the killer...oh wait he's not, then maybe B is the killer, oh wait she's not..." that don't actually reveal any information about the mystery besides eliminating suspects? Which isn't actually helpful because if the characters started with suspecting the killer, they'd catch the killer without having to eliminate the other people as possibilities?

no, in NDRv3 it tends more to be
"okay well we can definitely eliminate [the killer] as a suspect because [insert faulty reasoning here]"
[several hours later]
"omg we overlooked this possibility that means [the killer] could have actually done it!"

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Finished reading Danganronpa Zero again
Spoiler:
I didn't think it was possible to make Junko even more of a deplorable human being, but it certainly happened. It deserves a second read once you know all the twists because there's clever foreshadowing. Like when Ryoko leaves Mukuro with the unconscious Madarais, she remarks that something is missing. That's because she took the knife Mukuro had.
I'm not sure where this fits in with the DR3 events since the ending scene of DR0 takes place shortly after Matsuda's death since Junko is reapplying her makeup. As she's talking with Mukuro they are watching the reserve students storm the main building, which contradicts with the scene in DR3 where Junko is watching the same with from a rooftop with Mukuro and Izuru. She even says the same thing at the end of both scenes.
There's also what she says to the 77th class after Chiaki's execution: "Doesn't losing someone you love break your heart?" a reference to her experience of killing Matsuda.

Murderous Painter

After my role in the RP I'm a bit more interested in this series. A few questions though

What's the playing order of the games?

How does this game compare to AA? How are its mysteries, gameplay and characters?

Is there any similarity to Zero Escape as well?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Hi,I'm Southern Corn,but you can call me SC. My friends are great,and my enemies irate.

Story CrafterSC's Case Rankings™SC's LinksMysterious QR CodeCountdown to the Apocalypse

What is a quadrilateral with one 90° angle called? PM me the answer. Those who succeed get a free cookie! :cookie:

1000% Knight

Southern Corn wrote:
What's the playing order of the games?

Release order

Quote:
How does this game compare to AA? How are its mysteries, gameplay and characters?

Worse on basically every front, but many people will disagree with me

Quote:
Is there any similarity to Zero Escape as well?

No, besides the "group of people confined someplace against their will" part.

Blah!

Also, Danganronpa 3 is an anime that wraps up the overarching plot from the games released so far. Danganronpa V3, which is set to release in late September, starts things anew (unless they're messing with us again). So don't get caught off guard by that.

SHSL Sociologist

Best thing is to boot up DR1 and see for yourself. I'd say Danganronpa focuses on more messing with you psychologically, without being outright gory thankfully (so you won't randomly come across the decapitated head of one of your classmates).

Murderous Painter

Thanks for the info, everyone! I'm going to play the first game this weekend and see if it's any good or not, since I'm getting a little bit of mixed opinions here.
Hi,I'm Southern Corn,but you can call me SC. My friends are great,and my enemies irate.

Story CrafterSC's Case Rankings™SC's LinksMysterious QR CodeCountdown to the Apocalypse

What is a quadrilateral with one 90° angle called? PM me the answer. Those who succeed get a free cookie! :cookie:

Enoshima Junko-chan!

i think the first game is worth your time. It happens to be on sale with Ultra Despair Girls coming out on Steam yesterday.
Page 42 of 42 [ 1654 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station