Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 43 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next

Re: Dangan-RonpaTopic%20Title

Blah!

Spoiler:
You keep missing the fact that the second body was discovered at the same time and caused the first announcement.

Happy Maria

blahmoomoo wrote:
Spoiler:
You keep missing the fact that the second body was discovered at the same time and caused the first announcement.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I noticed initially. I said it was a pretty big coincidence, but whatever. That wasn't my main point. I was talking about when the bodies were rediscovered in the repository, excluding Hifumi, who had been found dead for real.

Though I'm pretty sure that the second BDA was made before Hifumi's last words...I think? Idk, maybe I should replay that part over. :payne:

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: Last post on this subject
Now I'm confused when Hifumi's BDA was. I remember in the anime adaptation it happened after his last words, but I haven't played the first game in a while so maybe it was different?

MBr wrote:
Now I'm confused when Hifumi's BDA was. I remember in the anime adaptation it happened after his last words, but I haven't played the first game in a while so maybe it was different?

If I recall correctly...

Spoiler: Regarding The BDA At That Point
They enter the supply room and see the two bodies, getting the announcement. Partway through, though, Monokuma stops itself and says, "Huh? Wait, he's not dead?" or something along the lines.

C-A

Happy Maria

MBr wrote:

Is the anime any good, btw? Does it introduce anything new or special into the game or is it just a line by line copy of the first game?

CatMuto wrote:
MBr wrote:

If I recall correctly...

Spoiler: Regarding The BDA At That Point
They enter the supply room and see the two bodies, getting the announcement. Partway through, though, Monokuma stops itself and says, "Huh? Wait, he's not dead?" or something along the lines.

C-A

Thanks for the clarification Cat.

Finished chapter 4.

Spoiler:
This one was pretty lengthy, even though it was actually a pretty simple case. There were two Hangman Gambits, three DDR Battles or whatever, and half the students confessed to the crime. Whoa! It was satisfying seeing Togami getting everything wrong, though I think I like him a little more at the end of this. Alter Ego's death was hilarious. I wasn't expecting it at all. It was so over the top for a frigging laptop. Even more hilarious was how everyone was so upset over it.

Post trial stuff was good. I wonder what Monokuma did to everyone's bodies. Also, holy crap there's a sixteenth student!! Though 'Ultimate Despair' is by far the worst title you can have. That doesn't even make any sense, lol. The shot of the person in the mastermind costume being killed was surprising, but I'm betting it'll be the sixteenth student.

Really getting invested now. Can't wait to see where this goes.

The anime? If you've played the game, don't bother with it really. I was introduced to the series by the anime, and I really should've played the game first. They only have a set number of episodes, and each one only 20 minutes. So they had to do whatever they could to squeeze everything in. It's a line by line copy as you put it, but less.

Blah!

The DR1 anime is a rushed (12 episodes) retelling of the first game with a bunch of details cut out. Also doesn't have music playing constantly like the game does, which made the trials not as exciting as they should be.

Spoiler: Ch1
They even exclude some minor but what I'd consider important plot details. For example, Leon still says he murdered in self defense, but Kyoko doesn't point out that he took considerable effort to murder her due to retrieving his tool kit and thus it was no longer self defense. So that changed the tone of the execution a bit.

Happy Maria

Tch. I see. DR is hard to summarise in 4 hours (at least so far), so I can see why it could be rushed.

Chapter 5 Deadly Life. Absolutely glorious. I have no idea what's going on or who did it...
Spoiler: Theory
...If someone even did do it. No BDA played. I know Monokuma's no longer there, but it looked like the BDA was a recording. Plus, the body exploded when we tried to remove the mask. And what else had a bomb within it? Monokuma.

Yeah, I'm betting the body really isn't a body, but some AI. Like a GAULEM from VLR. It's all a ruse. Though I wonder where the mastermind could be then. Have to keep playing I guess.

Quote:
Though 'Ultimate Despair' is by far the worst title you can have.

"Super Duper High School (Insert 'Talent')".

Your idea for Chapter 5 going on is neat. Quite interesting. I wonder how you'll react to the trial... I think at that point in the game, I was losing my patience with the continued stupidity and just wanted to say "STOP!" and point out everything that I had figured out by then, which would have cut down the game-time a lot. Actually... I can't remember if you find the room full of computers and a monokuma-decorated door in Chapter 5 or 6... I think 6... Whenever that was, I hated that moment a lot cause it was so obviously dumb...

C-A

Happy Maria

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Though 'Ultimate Despair' is by far the worst title you can have.

"Super Duper High School (Insert 'Talent')".

Your idea for Chapter 5 going on is neat. Quite interesting. I wonder how you'll react to the trial... I think at that point in the game, I was losing my patience with the continued stupidity and just wanted to say "STOP!" and point out everything that I had figured out by then, which would have cut down the game-time a lot. Actually... I can't remember if you find the room full of computers and a monokuma-decorated door in Chapter 5 or 6... I think 6... Whenever that was, I hated that moment a lot cause it was so obviously dumb...

C-A

It was 5.

Anyway finished Chapter 5 trial

Spoiler:
Sheesh I dunno what to think. Honestly it seems obvious that the killer was the mastermind who's the other Ultimate Despair or whatever. Still dunno exactly what happened but I think that's the point of Chapter 6. Weirdly enough we never got to see the victim's face. Wonder if that'll be important. Anyway poor Makoto just barely got saved by AE. Wonder how though, and also why it didn't happen for Kyoto in the bad ending.

Speaking of which the bad ending was...weird. That stupid photo brings up so many questions. And the even shittier fake out where Makoto goes 'NO U' and it was all in his imagination. Which I guess means the photo was also in his imagination. Yuck, Makoto. Yuck. I'll be interested in seeing how the game'll end.

Anyway what was your problem with the trial Cat? I thought it seemed alright, though the mini games this time were even more idiotic than usual. And the arguments were simpler too. Still, I had no idea where the whole thing was going. At one point I thought Makoto would actually turn out to be the killer. Maybe that could have been why we didn't see what had happened that night, but no, that was pointless.

Sadly my AI Theory didn't work out. Weird that the BDA didn't play immediately either. Also the fact that we're being broadcast is interesting. Obviously due to the 'Tragedy'. And also Kirigiri's dad's the headmaster, who's almost certainly dead. Maybe he was the guy in the intro with the rocketship, even. Though, I still have no idea who the mastermind is.

Phew, that was a mouthful.

Edit: Currently in deadly life of chapter 6. I think I've figured something out.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I'm in the biolab, right after Toko faints. If the corpse in the garden has disappeared to the biolab, then the number of bodies don't add up. Which means...one of us is still alive.

Also, I noticed that Student 16 has similarly weird eyes to a certain 'dead' fashionista. See where I'm going with this?

...Yeah, I think that's gotta be it.

Though I'm still unsure what's going on with the photo. Maybe we all went to Hope's Peak together and had all our memories wiped?

Spoiler: Your Chapter 5 Questions
I think AE didn't save Kirigiri because the entire bad ending is nothing but a fake. Just Naegi thinking what would happen, if he reveals Kirigir having the means to move around. Naegi doesn't know that AE is still in the system, so he wouldn't know that it could save Kirigiri. As for the fake ending photo, yeah, it's weird, but... well, what do you expect when you insist on teens living together and there are 3 guys and 2 girls left? And then only 1, given that Fukawa seems to have died in the meantime - making me think if the mini-Togami is her child with Togami.

My problem with the trial is that it... well, aside from the background curtains being fucking GAUDY AS SHIT to look at, the trial is utterly pointless. As you saw, it served no purpose beyond just getting you to Chapter 6. It's a pointless trial and pointless chapter. They could have cut majority of it and have less chapters, but better pacing and storytelling.
Also, the first few minutes are utterly wasted by having to 'convince' Hagakure that Kirigiri is alive and not a freaking ghost. Why wasn't I just given an option to say, "Shut your face, Hagakure; next word that comes out of your mouth will get you killed"?

Then again, I don't like Hagakure at all. Comic relief characters are only funny if there is MORE to them than being comic relief. Hagakure doesn't have that. So, he's pointless and makes me wish the demo version HAD kept him as the damn victim in the first trial.

Oh, and the scene in the room with the monitors, I was so pissed that the game made me leave. I'm like, "DUDE! Obviously, the mastermind is RIGHT BENEATH MY FEET. We are two people in a tiny room and a TRAPDOOR right there. Let's open it and see who the mastermind is. Obviously, they are stuck right now and would be no danger to us. Let me open the M-F-ing trapdoor-What do you mean I HAVE to leave the room? ARGH!" Utterly annoying piece of crap to prolong the game.

Your thoughts on where you are on Chapter 6 up to now are neat.

C-A

PS: Chapter 6 trial, prepare to hear Hope and Despair... A LOT.

Happy Maria

Hahah, I kinda get where you're coming from, but I still liked it tbh.

Anyway FINISHED THE GAME WHOOOOOP

Spoiler:
Whew, what a journey. I enjoyed the final trial....somewhat. I think I like the first part of the trail the best, where you're just confronting Monokuma and proving Junko's the mastermind and the killer. On that note, I'd like to say EFFING CALLED IT

But anyway, after you prove that, the trial becomes rather boring. The only saving grace is Junko, who's hilariously over the top and rather entertaining. But yeah, you know she killed Mukuro. You know she's the mastermind. All you have to prove is that the world is in some post dystopian future or whatever. Which is, by the way, pretty damn obvious. And also I still can't believe that people are fighting and killing with those stupid Monokuma masks.

But yeah, I liked the first part a lot more because it's much simpler, and it's just about the murder and stuff. The murder, by the way, is unexpectedly simple, since it took place at the very beginning, and we all witnessed it. All the mastermind really did was put Mukuro in different clothes as well as insert a bomb in her. Though I realise there was a flaw in my previous biolab theory, since Mondo got liquefied. Does that mean one of the thing should in the morgue actually just contains some butter?

But yeah, another problem was the whole hope-despair thing, which was WAY overused, I agree. It also kinda ruined the entire gameplay. Yeah, I actually found the gameplay to be pretty damn hard. I was even having trouble with the arguments and stuff. But the last argument was just you picking up 'hope' and throwing it around and everybody to make 'em say 'yeah whatever junko psssh', which is kinda stupid. So is the final DDR Battle, where you use the 'truth bullet' you just obtained on Junko. Urgh.

Regardless, I liked the ending fine enough, and the beginning of the trial very much. The mastermind was also great, but sadly the middle part of the trial was just kinda boring. Still, I enjoyed this game overall. I kept hearing bad things about it, but other than the complaints I've exhibited, I don't really have anything against this game. Kinda subverted my expectations in regards to that.

By the way, one last question before I close this tag: What was the point of the Monokuma Theatre?

Anyway, that was fun. Thanks for the help, guys. :edgey: I'll probably start the sequel next week or so.

The point to the Monokuma theaters? Nothing, a lot of people just skip over them and it changes nothing. Glad you liked the game though. The end game kinda dragged imo, with the stupidity of the characters being outright grating at times. The first half is more than enjoyable thankfully.

Lone wrote:
The point to the Monokuma theaters? Nothing, a lot of people just skip over them and it changes nothing. Glad you liked the game though. The end game kinda dragged imo, with the stupidity of the characters being outright grating at times. The first half is more than enjoyable thankfully.

Actually, the Monokuma theaters can give hints outright admit to certain plot points later on.
Eh, my problem with the early game was that it took so long to finally get a corpse.
Battle Royale was faster... then again, they had a time-limit of "if there isn't at least 1 death within 24 hours, everybody's collars go boom".

Quote:
On that note, I'd like to say EFFING CALLED IT

I practically called every death and its method by the time you first see the corpse.
Not belittling you, just saying that figuring stuff out in this game is redundantly easy.

Quote:
Spoiler: Chapter 6
Which is, by the way, pretty damn obvious. And also I still can't believe that people are fighting and killing with those stupid Monokuma masks.

Yeah, that part confused the hell out of me. Am I supposed to find that intimidating? Disturbing?
Or what I actually felt when I saw that: confusion because it looked fucking stupid.

Quote:
But yeah, another problem was the whole hope-despair thing, which was WAY overused, I agree. It also kinda ruined the entire gameplay.

Told you. It became so childish with the hope-despair thing.
Clap your hands if you believe in hope.

C-A

Happy Maria

CatMuto wrote:
Lone wrote:

Actually, the Monokuma theaters can give hints outright admit to certain plot points later on.
Eh, my problem with the early game was that it took so long to finally get a corpse.
Battle Royale was faster... then again, they had a time-limit of "if there isn't at least 1 death within 24 hours, everybody's collars go boom".

Huh, really? Maybe I should replay it looking at those soon.

Battle Royale? Hot damn, maybe I should've played that. Sounds more exciting. No dating sim part then, I suppose. Still, I'm glad things got faster during the middlegame.

Quote:
Quote:
On that note, I'd like to say EFFING CALLED IT

I practically called every death and its method by the time you first see the corpse.
Not belittling you, just saying that figuring stuff out in this game is redundantly easy.

ssh let me have my small victories

Yeah, excluding Chapter 2 and 5 (at first), the killer was excruciatingly obvious. I wish the mysteries were at least a tad better in that regard.

Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler: Chapter 6
Which is, by the way, pretty damn obvious. And also I still can't believe that people are fighting and killing with those stupid Monokuma masks.

Yeah, that part confused the hell out of me. Am I supposed to find that intimidating? Disturbing?

Cute?

Quote:
Quote:
But yeah, another problem was the whole hope-despair thing, which was WAY overused, I agree. It also kinda ruined the entire gameplay.

Told you. It became so childish with the hope-despair thing.
Clap your hands if you believe in hope.

C-A

*claps hands*

Anyway, I was just double checking on the Wikipedia page for DR to see if DR2 is next, but apparently there's another game (mobile only) between the two called 'Monokuma's Revenge'. Didn't really want to look that up jic of spoilers, so what's that game all about? Does it even matter in terms of playing order?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler:
Unfortunately Togami survived.

I agree that the second half of the final trial is saved by Junko. Most of it involves her expositing. I don't care if the game is aware of its flaws and calls them out (as Junko does with her explanations), they're still flaws.

Interesting that you called Mukuro being disguised as Junko by her eye shape. For me, it was the measurements. Kyoko had brought up the measurements of the body a few times, and you have all students's measurements in the Report Card and Mukuro's measurements in her file.

And on the anime based on DR1, it's like the AA anime in that you're not sure what was discovered in the investigations before the trial, as well as how deductions are reached. But the voice acting is memetic in the English dub. Highlights

Happy Maria

MBr wrote:
Spoiler:
Unfortunately Togami survived.

I agree that the second half of the final trial is saved by Junko. Most of it involves her expositing. I don't care if the game is aware of its flaws and calls them out (as Junko does with her explanations), they're still flaws.

Interesting that you called Mukuro being disguised as Junko by her eye shape. For me, it was the measurements. Kyoko had brought up the measurements of the body a few times, and you have all students's measurements in the Report Card and Mukuro's measurements in her file.

And on the anime based on DR1, it's like the AA anime in that you're not sure what was discovered in the investigations before the trial, as well as how deductions are reached. But the voice acting is memetic in the English dub. Highlights

Thanks for the link. Probably will watch it in my free time.

Spoiler: Final trial
I agree, I don't care I find she says 'I'm tired of expositioning this shit' or whatever, it's still pretty bad. Could've made it a bit more interesting by at least denying that she killed anyone somehow. Though I'm not sure if that could work.

Ah, right. I assume Junko and Mukuro had the same measurements? Interesting.

And yes, it's sad that Togami survived, but I didn't really mind that much tbh. Idk why

The imagination justifies the pimp

MBr wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler: Response
The nails.
It's always been the nails for me.
I also simply think that she put on makeup to cover the tattoo on her hand being fashionista and all and I was right.

Quote:
Anyway, I was just double checking on the Wikipedia page for DR to see if DR2 is next, but apparently there's another game (mobile only) between the two called 'Monokuma's Revenge'. Didn't really want to look that up jic of spoilers, so what's that game all about? Does it even matter in terms of playing order?

Not really, pretty sure that game is just a typical f2p mobile spinoff. Dr2 is what comes next in the recommended playing order.
Signature loading, please wait...

Fortunately DR2 is a better game as well. Has better mysteries, (imo) better characters...

Happy Maria

Thanks for the help once again, guys. Like I said, probably will start it up next weekend. Anything else I should know about the game? Any specific port for the best experience? Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Any system works, just use the one you played it DR1 on. I guess PC might be the best? I got it on Vita for portability but functionally there's nothing different about any of the platforms.

Blah!

I think the original PSP versions of the games are missing some of the bonus modes that all ports following it had, but of course the PSP versions never came out here (and there's no need to play the fan translation of DR1 since it's out officially). So whatever works.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Hangman Gambit is different in DR2 in that you have to combine two or more of the same letter before you can confirm it.
Spoiler: DR1 question
What so everyone's opinion on the memory erasing in this game? I wanted to find out how but the game said, "It happened. Accepts it and move on."
How the memory erasing works was explained in DR0, which I think is referenced in DR2.

I've felt worse.

MBr wrote:
Hangman Gambit is different in DR2 in that you have to combine two or more of the same letter before you can confirm it.
Spoiler: DR1 question
What so everyone's opinion on the memory erasing in this game? I wanted to find out how but the game said, "It happened. Accepts it and move on."
How the memory erasing works was explained in DR0, which I think is referenced in DR2.

Spoiler:
I played the fan translation, so I had the luxury of seeing this glorious line.

But to be fair, a memory wiping drug or some kind of psychotherapy would hardly be the weirdest thing in the game and wouldn't take that long to explain.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I wanted to go down that rabbit hole.

Spoiler: Also, there's no way
Junko and Mukuro have the same measurements. Junko has huge boobs and Mukuro is an A-cup.

The imagination justifies the pimp

MBr wrote:
I wanted to go down that rabbit hole.

Spoiler: Also, there's no way
Junko and Mukuro have the same measurements. Junko has huge boobs and Mukuro is an A-cup.

Nah, Junko's boobs are fuckin' tiny. She just has the ability to inflate and deflate them at will :P

Happy Maria

^thats nice

Anyway, the English voice dub in this game was horribly mediocre. Except in the trial sections. Especially
Spoiler: Final trial
Junko, Celeste, Togami and Kyoko

Makoto's sucked no matter what. That line where he says 'You're so full of...shit' is so forced. He says 'shit' as if he's worried his mom's going to barge into his room and catch him cursing. What a complete disappointment.

Junko's personalities were great youth, and so was Genocide Jill. They were all voiced by the same people apparently.

Bolting Shaman wrote:
The nails.
It's always been the nails for me.
I also simply think that she put on makeup to cover the tattoo on her hand being fashionista and all and I was right.

Spoiler: Regarding That
I realized pretty fast who the exploding corpse was. It was also the nails for me. You know, maybe if you didn't have the camera set in a way that I can see a pretty identifying part of a body, I wouldn't be able to see things.

Quote:
Battle Royale? Hot damn, maybe I should've played that. Sounds more exciting. No dating sim part then, I suppose.

No, no, Battle Royale is a book. A 3rd-year middle-school class is taken to an island and told to kill each other until only one survives. It also has a manga version, but I highly suggest to either look for a fan-translation or read the original Japanese one, cause the localized English translation was incredibly loose... and added things that weren't there originally; unnecessary pop-culture references...
There's also a movie, but it altered the premise a lot.
Still worth a read.

I think had Danganronpa actually decided to properly explain a few of its very-late revelations, it might not have felt so... half-assed.

Spoiler: Those Twists
Why supposedly broadcast the kids killing each other if the world is being run by anarchy and people who enjoy just plain killing and probably don't care about these kids?

I don't care what they say, I see no reason why a school-shooting at the Academy over reserve students would lead to the end of freaking society.

'Despair' in the air? Sounds dumb. I hope it's just metaphorical.

How did the memory wipe happen? Hell, if it turned out to have been PART of the plan to have themselvse barricaded inside the school and wipe their memories so they don't constantly worry about the state of outside, I would've bought that! Seems a bit dumb, but hey, this game expects me to not realize that Chihiro is a dude and to take forever to finally say, "Dude, he was killed in the boys' locker room; not the girls' locker room." which was abundantly obvious from the fucking get-go.

Oh and why does being an Idol seem to count as a 'talent'?
Then again, next game as the Ultimate Princess...

C-A

Happy Maria

99% of the students are talented at all the wrong things. There's a gambler, a biker, a....'fanfic writer'...how the hell are these supposed to bring hope or anything?

Blah!

CatMuto wrote:

Why supposedly broadcast the kids killing each other if the world is being run by anarchy and people who enjoy just plain killing and probably don't care about these kids?

Spoiler:
Well, the game doesn't say this, but you can probably assume that (and later games do imply this) there are people who haven't succumbed to despair yet and Junko was trying to break them.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler:
I haven't played the story in a while (I might do it after maxing my relationships in School Mode), but didn't Junko outright say that her reason for the broadcasting was for the people who haven't fallen to despair? I know she did in the anime adaptation since I have a fresher memory of it since it's quicker to watch that than play the game.

Not sure what your objection about the memory wiping is CatMuto. I think Junko confirmed (or didn't deny) Makoto's allegation that their memories were stolen. It certainly was a part of the plan because originally the class had grown so close that they would never kill each other. Is what you're getting at the students erasing their memories to forget about the outside world?

I was expecting something regarding the incident that supposedly ended the world to be investigated. That's what I expected since it was alluded to way back in CH2. When some kind of incident occurs in the past in an AA game it's investigated and solved. Exactly what occurred is revealed in future instalments.

DR2 is longer and has better mysteries but I prefer the school setting of the first game to the island setting. I can feel a sense of confinement with the school setting.
Though the mysteries are better they aren't better than Ace Attorney's, though I have to say Chapter 5's murder in DR2 is amazing.

Edit: I remembered someone mentioned voice acting. I don't like the little things the characters say when a new line of dialogue appears but the voice acting is really good in the trials.
Spoiler:
Best parts are Junko's many voices and Celeste going insane.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

CatMuto wrote:
I don't care what they say, I see no reason why a school-shooting at the Academy over reserve students would lead to the end of freaking society.

C-A

I'm not 100% sure, and I refuse to go back and watch to find out, but...
Spoiler: DR3
It was revealed that Junko had instigated and filmed the first school life of mutual killing, and I think before making it go viral, she used the SHSL Animator's talents to edit the video and brainwash people into despair. (I might be thinking about the video that caused the mass suicides though).

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler:
There were two tragic events in Hope's Peak, but the one that caused the end of society was the mass suicide, which occurred after the reserve students stormed the main Hope's Peak building and killed almost all of the students. The suicide video that caused the mass suicide was also inspired from the SHSL animator's work (Junko's analysis ability allowed her to copy it) and was also used in DR3's Future Arc.
The brainwashing I can get for Junko controlling the reserve students but for the DR2 cast it takes their agency away, making them seem not responsible for their sins.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Arguably, Hajime and Nagito are still responsible for their real world sins, and technically, I'd hold the in-game killers responsible for theirs as well, except maybe Mikan, considering she was kind of brainwashed in-game as well.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

That is true.
Spoiler: Final Trial of DR1 in a picture

Happy Maria

^Absofuckinglutely. It could've been improved so easily too.

Spoiler: Final testimony
Instead of just using hope over and over again, they could've added on something else instead. Hiro could be just hope, Hina would be hope as well as Sakura's letter (which we could potentially get earlier in the trial after the memory thing is explained), Toko could be hope and Togami, Togami could be the stuff about his family, and Kyoko would be her father's picture. Would've made it less repetitive at least. Urgh.

Socot wrote:
^Absofuckinglutely. It could've been improved so easily too.

Spoiler: Final testimony
Instead of just using hope over and over again, they could've added on something else instead. Hiro could be just hope, Hina would be hope as well as Sakura's letter (which we could potentially get earlier in the trial after the memory thing is explained), Toko could be hope and Togami, Togami could be the stuff about his family, and Kyoko would be her father's picture. Would've made it less repetitive at least. Urgh.

Spoiler: Hope
Had they expanded on the concept of hope, it would have been better. As you say, hope could be something else for each person - Asahina would gain hope by holding onto Oogami's letter and vowing to not give up because she wouldn't want to disappoint Oogami or make her sacrifice moot. Togami could keep onto hope by thinking he can create an emporium in business. Naegi's hope could focus on trying to find his family safe and sound...

Nope! Just say "Hope" over and over.
You know, saying the same word over and over does not make it more poignant. Just the opposite.

C-A

Happy Maria

Yeah, pretty much.

The 'Ultimate Hope' thing was even worse. TBH I think I can see now why this was targeted towards teenagers, but I think even they would dislike the overuse of the word hope.

http://kotaku.com/danganronpa-v3-is-ban ... 1797292010

Well, that...happened. I wasn't expecting this, but I guess considering what the game is about it's not that surprising it would be affected by "video games cause violence" bullshit. The murder described there isn't even similar to anything that's actually in the series.
Signature loading, please wait...
Page 43 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station