Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 11[ 432 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

What games have scared you?Topic%20Title

~We will become one~

Location: ~I am here, I can definitely feel you, we are here in the same sunny spot~

(I don't THINK this has been done...)

Just post the game(s) that have scared you, preferably with a story!

In all honesty, Ocarina of Time scared me when I was a kid. I was, however like most gamers these days, underaged playing it. It was some part underground when there were lots of Undeads and I couldn't kill them all and they... humped me to death. The thought of them grabbing me and raping my life out scared the heck out of me.

Last edited by Jibo on Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: What games have scared you?Topic%20Title

HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN

Clock Tower. The game is tense enough but my mom looking over my shoulder and saying the heroine looks so much like me made it even creepier.

Fatal Frame 1 & 2 (havent gotten to play 3 yet)

Resedent Evil 2, when the arms break through the window and grab you in the hall :beef:

The Uninvited, this was an NES game I played when I was little and it scared the hell out of me! I got to play it again awile back and thought it was a little chessey but it still scared the hell out of me.

Silent Hill 1-4
http://sasoriza-chan.deviantart.com/
*bring your eye bleach*

Comfy and easy to wear.

All the Resi games. They scare me crapless even when I'm not playing. 4 especially, simply because the graphics are better and thus is it more realistic.

Some parts of the MGS games. They're too intense. >.>

Redeads from Zelda... and those freaking floormasters. Floormasters are the things of my NIGHTMARES.

Jynx from Pokemon. But who doesn't?

Killer 7, just because.

The music in Shadow Hearts. And some of the enemies... like those headless dogs. And lots of the locations, actually.

I hated the Judges from FFXII, Hojo from FFVII and Seymour from FFX. Eew.

And probably more. I get scared pretty easily, mind.

e × e = e²

Eternal Darkness.

Bath tub.
ImageImageImageImageImage

I was scared in Luigi's mansion, when I was walking silently and suddenly 5 ghosts cried out exactly as a same eime... it was so loud :)

Hmm, well I tend to get scared by odd things. Like I'll get more creeped out and scared if the background music's all creepy than loads of blood flying everywhere and people are being cut up and stuff. I got scared by the Grudge game my friend was playing on the computer once and this other game she was playing where there was this killer on the train and you couldn't see much and all you could hear was your heart-rate on the game going up and up. That freaked me out.

Oh, and I don't remember what game this was but there was one game I played AGES ago where I was on this really creepy stage and then what was the boss monster? A giant freaking MOTH. And I'm absolutely terrified of tiny normal moths, so as you can imagine this quite thoroughly scared the crap out of my when it just swooped out of absolutely nowhere and attacked.

When I was young, Virtual Hydlide (Sega Saturn) scared me. I was too scared to play it, so I had to watch my sisters play it, and they sucked.

That Vampire boss gave me nightmares.
Spoiler: Do a nice thing today,
Give your computer some love. <3

"So close..."

Jibo wrote:
(I don't THINK this has been done...)

Just post the game(s) that have scared you, preferably with a story!

In all honesty, Ocarina of Time scared me when I was a kid. I was, however like most gamers these days, underaged playing it. It was some part underground when there were lots of Undeads and I couldn't kill them all and they... humped me to death. The thought of them grabbing me and rapping my life out scared the heck out of me.

Oh my god! Yes! That is what still scares me today! *fetal position* No more redeads... GO AWAY REDEADS!!

The mainly scared me for the walking with their heads on the ground BEHIND them. I have never seen a zombie-type thing so flexible. And the whole point they hump you to death. :payne:

Thanks, Vickinator!

Struck by a blunt objection

I usually avoid scary games, but...

in the original doom, in the waste processing level I think, there is an area with toxic waste where you have to pick up a card key. The first time I played this, I obviously didn't know that one of the demon pigs comes out of a secret room the moment you get near the key. I don't think I've ever been so scared when I turned arround to see it. I couldn't have been that old.

HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN

I remeber when I was little too, in one doungen in Legend Of Zelda, this big disembodied hand would just come flying out of nowhere, pick you up and kill you. I was always terrified of that thing and the game over screen from Zelda 2 where Gannon's shadow just laughs at you...just about everytime I saw it I started crying becuse I was so scared of Gannon.

But I was about four years old then too. :edgy:
http://sasoriza-chan.deviantart.com/
*bring your eye bleach*

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

Always involving something jumping through a window. >_>

The dogs in Resi 1
Nemesis in Resi 3....

...I'm staying away from windows.
fuck

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

Redeads and Floormasters for the first time, sure.
Also Martin Sommer in Hotel Dusk. He's such a pedo >_<

NO YOU DONT IDORT

Resident Evil 4. The only bit that scared me was the first time I fought the Garrador in the dungeon in the castle. Though I wasn't so much scared as I was on edge. My heart was racing, and whenever it heard me and lunged, I just went "ohshitohshitohshit..."
I wish I didn't suck at Photoshop D:

Queen Of The Mods

Pokemon Channel's sheer AWFULNESS scared the crap out of me. XD
And LOZ:TP. Gerudo Temple. Pitch dark. Redeads. Need I say more?

元・超会社員級の管理人

HyperSomnia wrote:
Clock Tower.

Mommy. ;_;
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

le-gasp!

Rayman 2 the great escape.

You know that level where your sliding down the uuuuh place, to get away from that monster thats gonna eat yah, and when you get down you defeat them you get two choices, ones the right choice and the other is to be rich? yah. that dude. D: i was like 6 or 5

Comfy and easy to wear.

Impulse wrote:
Pokemon Channel's sheer AWFULNESS scared the crap out of me. XD

Channel was awesome. for the first hour or so

My favorite part were the quiz shows where you had to identify a Pokemon by its cry and the Pokemon that were "on TV" were the most hilariously crap things ever.

Identify this Pokemon cry!
"Hitmonlee! Hitmonlee!"
"It's a Swinub!"
Aah, good times.

Oh, and MvK scared me crapless, too. It's his Objection, I think. It's so evil.

A.K.A Very Melon

Playing Max Payne level Nightmare at my friends room with no lights on. It was so creepy when that baby cries and you have to walk that blood line. :payne:

Might And Magic 7. Temple of moon with spiders and traps. (I was a kid then!) :butz:

Blaster Master for NES when I was 3. I love that game. :will:
Spoiler: StepMania vids

Am I the only person who loves Athena?!

Resident Evil & Resi Evil Zero - Only Resi games I've tried to play, got scared AND stuck, so yeah :D

The first couple times I came across the Twilight creatures in Zelda TP. Especially the flying 'bird' things...... That noise..... made me shiver the first time I heard it XD
... You're kidding, right?
Huh? What do you mean?
This is your best attempt at a sig?
Uh, yeah... You don't like? I like. I think you're just green with envy.
... You're an idiot.

Super Fighting Robot

Haha I kinda stayed away from any games remotely scary for the longest time, but... Probably Killer 7 most recently. Invisible zombies that laugh maniacally, hump your face and explode (in that order) can be pretty unnerving.
"An army of squirrels is still an army" - Squirrel Mob, Magic the Gathering.

Orangesoda wrote:
Rayman 2 the great escape.

You know that level where your sliding down the uuuuh place, to get away from that monster thats gonna eat yah, and when you get down you defeat them you get two choices, ones the right choice and the other is to be rich? yah. that dude. D: i was like 6 or 5

Ugh, I hated that part SO MUCH >___<

I usually don't play horror games and I'm not the type who gets scared easily, but I remember being really really scared of the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask when I was, like, 10. The German version of this commercial started it all. I was sure to never buy the game but unfortunately I got the game that Christmas as a present (It was my first Zelda game)
I had the guts to play and finish it, but I took many short hiatuses because the game was so damn scary. The moon, the pressure, Ikana Valley, that thief, the aliens, the re-deads, the zombie man who came out from the closet (literally) etc. -__-
But later I started to love the game and realized how genius it was. It's now my favorite game of all time, strange enough. :knock-knock:

EDIT: Forgot to add Tingle as a reason >___< Oh, what the hell.

Last edited by Happiness Punch! on Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Worthy's Girl. Den Mother. PxE Shipper

Location: Somewhere In Dream Time (Maine) having tea with Miles Edgeworth and discussing fanfiction.

Clock Tower: In the computer room when a row of computers come on and say "Kill" all the way down. Whenever Scissorman shows up, especially when he jumps out through a painting, through a door or someplace else you weren't expecting him scared the stuffings out of me!

Clock Tower 2: The Struggle Within: In the first scenario (In the house), whenever Stephanie would show up with that awful laugh of hers preceeding her and the suit of armour walking around the house.

In the second senario (hospital), whenever a zombie would poke its head in. AAAAHHHH!!!!

In the third scenario (the Lab) whenever I heard a scraping noise and a change in music which meant only ONE thing: GEORGE MAXWELL WAS ON THE WAY!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! That scraping noise still gives me chills and I haven't played the game for over two years! :ack:

Clock Tower 3: Whenever Sledgehammer and Corrodor showed up in the first two senarios; those were two of the creepiest killers in a horror game I've seen to date.
However, what made Corrodor even MORE creepy, is that he is based on an actual murderer, John Haigh. In the opening scene in scenario two, Dorothy and her son are tossed into an oil drum and doused with acid while still alive; John Haigh killed his victims first and then put them in an oil drum, filled it with acid to destroy the remains completely, reducing them to a vile sludge. *yuckies* This ups the creepy factor exponentially when characters are based on real life monsters, whether they be loosely or completely.

Parasite Eve: The opening movie when Eve first shows up (creepy!), the rat transformation, people reduced to goodness-knows-what in Central Park and when things keep jumping out at you from the shadows.

Shadow Hearts: Archane Olga, Bestritz (before going in and kicking some serious rump!)

Koudelka: Some of the enemies, the Guard's Diary (gave me a SERIOUS case of the creeps!), The Tree of Life, Elaine (monster form), monsters popping out of everywhere and scaring the bejeezus out of me.
Koudelka's visions of what Ogden did to some of the people caught entering the monastery and prostitutes Patrick had brought there (one in particular was a woman, looking over her shoulder and screaming, about to be smacked in the back of the head with an axe so I'm assuming that was one of the prostitutes Patrick had brought in to the monastery for killing), Koudelka's visions of the Princess Alice tragedy & some of the bosses like the Scapegoat and Dark Young. :ack:
Kickin' AWESOME Sig By Elriel! Avatar Artwork by Enrychan (Commission)! Thanks! :)
"Bravo! Another triumph for deductive reasoning!"--SH (Michael Caine)

e × e = e²

The first Diablo actually scared me. I couldn't get very far down into the Catacombs without deciding to start over again.

And my favorite items were the ones that gave off Light.
ImageImageImageImageImage

EdgeworthFanGirl wrote:
Clock Tower: In the computer room when a row of computers come on and say "Kill" all the way down. Whenever Scissorman shows up, especially when he jumps out through a painting, through a door or someplace else you weren't expecting him scared the stuffings out of me!

Clock Tower 2: The Struggle Within: In the first scenario (In the house), whenever Stephanie would show up with that awful laugh of hers preceeding her and the suit of armour walking around the house.

In the second senario (hospital), whenever a zombie would poke its head in. AAAAHHHH!!!!

In the third scenario (the Lab) whenever I heard a scraping noise and a change in music which meant only ONE thing: GEORGE MAXWELL WAS ON THE WAY!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! That scraping noise still gives me chills and I haven't played the game for over two years! :ack:

Clock Tower 3: Whenever Sledgehammer and Corrodor showed up in the first two senarios; those were two of the creepiest killers in a horror game I've seen to date.
However, what made Corrodor even MORE creepy, is that he is based on an actual murderer, John Haigh. In the opening scene in scenario two, Dorothy and her son are tossed into an oil drum and doused with acid while still alive; John Haigh killed his victims first and then put them in an oil drum, filled it with acid to destroy the remains completely, reducing them to a vile sludge. *yuckies* This ups the creepy factor exponentially when characters are based on real life monsters, whether they be loosely or completely.

Clock Tower was one of the scariest games I've ever played. Scissorman would almost always scare the life out of me when he showed up.

BLONKERS!

I really dont get scared, but when I was young, I got scared when ghosts suddenly appeared in Luigi's Mansion.

Today, game really dont scare me, RE4 was just too action-y to scare me.

But, I have to say RE2 does still make me jump out of my chair once in awhile xD

I love scary games. :D Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3 all creeped me out. The Resident Evil games and Doom 3 made me jump lots.

I've never played Clock Tower, but judging from everyone's comments about it, looks like I might have to give that one a try.
this space for rent.

元・超会社員級の管理人

EdgeworthFanGirl wrote:

I actually didn't find the zombies/Stephanie so bad. Armor and Maxwell scared the shit out of me, though. Ditto Scissorman. God, such great memories of that game.

I fucking HATED Ending E in The First Fear (CTSNES). It's like, all is well, you're on your way up in the elevator SHIT SHIT SHIT GAHHHHHHH DEAD END.

D:
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Most concerned citizen out there.

F.E.A.R.

Freakin' scared me! I hate creepy little girls! :beef:
Xbox Live: LadyDuoMaxwell

Love, learn, live.

Eternal Darkness,Resident Evil the remake.

*insert something witty here*

Mikker wrote:
in the original doom, in the waste processing level I think, there is an area with toxic waste where you have to pick up a card key. The first time I played this, I obviously didn't know that one of the demon pigs comes out of a secret room the moment you get near the key. I don't think I've ever been so scared when I turned arround to see it. I couldn't have been that old.

E1M3: Toxin Refinery was the first level in the game to have such a trap (the blue key), although E1M6: Central Processing had a similar, much larger version of this trap on the red key.

Listening to K.K. Slider

Resident Evil 2, the second time playing and doing the puzzle that had the lighter and the jack, queen, king. I ran to get the cog wheel, and the big guy in the gray trench coat breaks through the wall where the puzzle was. I exit the room and run through the hall, and he breaks down another wall and walks towards me. I did not expect to see him so soon at all.

In Resident Evil 4, I'm scared of the regenerators. I shot out its legs, and was hoping to run by it, but as I did, it jumped up and started to bite Leon's shoulder with its razor sharp teeth.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

My first scare experience was more then likely Yankovitch from Mario RPG. Now, I was like 7 years old at the time, and SMRPG was the scariest game I had played at that time.

Pogo Sword taking over the Mushroom kingdom, okay. Scary Dark Sewer, doable. Poor Rose town, save able.

Creepy Seaside town with discolored Mushroomers doing creepy things and lead by a creepy guy that removes his head and stabs you with it...

Really creepy.

Not to mention his legs and arms were so long and skinny... Like... disturbingly.

And in more modern times... Clock Tower. I was looking for some nifty yet 'different' games to play on SNES9X, and heard about how Clock Tower was the scariest game they'd ever played.

I was like 'pft'. It's an SNES game. Sprites. They're inherently not scary. They make things cute and love able no matter what.

Then I met Scissor Man for the first time.

I haven't played the game since then.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Zelda games for the CD-i. I bought the system and the game to make fun of them. Now It's hard to look at Zelda history without remembering that game.

~We will become one~

Location: ~I am here, I can definitely feel you, we are here in the same sunny spot~

How in hell could I forget RE4?

The cutscenes and enemies don't even make me flinch but certain scenarios make me scream. Like when that enmey with the metal helmet is running after you in that small area and Ashley is there. Or when you're locking in a cell with two strong enemies and people firing at you from outside.

~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~

Practically and game with zombies in ;-; Yeah I'm a wus!

Bolt Storm wrote:
EdgeworthFanGirl wrote:

I actually didn't find the zombies/Stephanie so bad. Armor and Maxwell scared the shit out of me, though. Ditto Scissorman. God, such great memories of that game.

I fucking HATED Ending E in The First Fear (CTSNES). It's like, all is well, you're on your way up in the elevator SHIT SHIT SHIT GAHHHHHHH DEAD END.

D:

I also hated endings E and F. But IMHO, Ending H was the scariest.

seems interesting!

Clock Tower's in there.

System Shock 2 for its brilliant sound. I've never played a game with better sound and atmosphere.

Clive Barker's Undying.

Condemned: Criminal Origins was hyped so much for me that I kept thinking it'd be scarier than it was and inventing scares for myself.

The beginning of FEAR where there's no enemies unnerved the hell out of me, but the same thing was done in SS2 and better.

Silent Hill 2 has a great creepy atmosphere, but no out-and-out scares.

Doki Doki Majo Saiban is scary because there's a target audience for it.

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

Off-topic: I just saw that you're admin of Lemmy's Land Forum too, Wooster. Awesomeness! :D

stirring

zuddha wrote:
Silent Hill 2 has a great creepy atmosphere, but no out-and-out scares.

From what I've played of Silent Hill 2 so far, it's atmosphere is more moody than anything remotely creepy.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

lilwasyu wrote:
In Resident Evil 4, I'm scared of the regenerators. I shot out its legs, and was hoping to run by it, but as I did, it jumped up and started to bite Leon's shoulder with its razor sharp teeth.

I've never been scared of them in game,but I was reading a book at midnight (in the dark) and my brother started to do their evil laugh thing,and I nearly screamed.

I haven't been scared of any videogames,besides Banjo Kazooie(N64).Don't ask why,since I have no idea.
Vicki made my sig~<3 Click sig to go to PW art thread!
My art blog ~ http://pheokirby.blogspot.com/
Wanna Brawl sometime? PM me for friend code~ :>
Page 1 of 11 [ 432 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station