Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 14 of 16[ 633 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Re: Pokemon 6th Generation: X and YTopic%20Title

The dwarf geeky panda!

Pierre wrote:
The only way to get a perfect IV ditto is pure luck on the catch. Which is why I value the one Shao-Mae loaned me so much.

Now that I think about it, once your shiny Bisharp appear I whish to battle you Pierre. (Don't worry. I suck so much it will be over in a flash :grossberg: )

genodragon1: I think a 6IV in exchange of game exclusive megastones isn't that ridiculous (specially when you are giving megastones that you aren't going to use anyway). But if you want a 5IV one I can breed one for you or give you a 6IV who happen to be in the same egg group.
Please don't hit me...

Gettin' Old!

Shao-Mae wrote:
Pierre wrote:
The only way to get a perfect IV ditto is pure luck on the catch. Which is why I value the one Shao-Mae loaned me so much.

Now that I think about it, once your shiny Bisharp appear I whish to battle you Pierre. (Don't worry. I suck so much it will be over in a flash :grossberg: )

genodragon1: I think a 6IV in exchange of game exclusive megastones isn't that ridiculous (specially when you are giving megastones that you aren't going to use anyway). But if you want a 5IV one I can breed one for you or give you a 6IV who happen to be in the same egg group.

Yeah considering how useful a perfect IV ditto is and how rare they are compared to the Legendaries folks ask for it's actually almost a bargain.
As in you want to wait for it to be levelled into a Bisharp before the battle? Because I picked up a shiny Pawniard just this week. :nick-sweat: Didn't realise a battle was part of the deal when you traded me that...still fair's fair though don't undersell yourself. If you have a perfect IV Ditto I dread to think what other little surprises you'd have in store :kristoph:

Friend Code for those not in the know: 5215-1326-5870
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Chocolateholic of CR

I would love to battle Dragons against my Arceus and Victini.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Ace Explorer

Pierre wrote:
Friend Code for those not in the know: 5215-1326-5870

A'ight, I've got you added. Mine is somewhere buried on the last page.
Note, my name for the 3DS is "Matt". Not sure if that's actually important, but it does ask for a name at registration, so... :yogi:
Well? Are we going or what?

The Chocolateholic of CR

I got 6 Rotems. :D
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.

The dwarf geeky panda!

Pierre wrote:
As in you want to wait for it to be levelled into a Bisharp before the battle? Because I picked up a shiny Pawniard just this week. :nick-sweat: Didn't realise a battle was part of the deal when you traded me that...still fair's fair though don't undersell yourself. If you have a perfect IV Ditto I dread to think what other little surprises you'd have in store :kristoph:

It wasn't but it's always nice to battle people. And don't worry I don't have dirty surprise. I mainly wanted a ditto because I do a lot of breeding and in order to gain rare bank ball and exclusive megastones you need to trade competitive pokémon, which I do... But I, myself, am not a competitive player. Right now I'm building a simili team so a battle can be at least a minute long. I still give EV randomly though. I mainly fight with my favorite (read cute pokémon).
Please don't hit me...

Gettin' Old!

Shao-Mae wrote:
Pierre wrote:

It wasn't but it's always nice to battle people. And don't worry I don't have dirty surprise. I mainly wanted a ditto because I do a lot of breeding and in order to gain rare bank ball and exclusive megastones you need to trade competitive pokémon, which I do... But I, myself, am not a competitive player. Right now I'm building a simili team so a battle can be at least a minute long. I still give EV randomly though. I mainly fight with my favorite (read cute pokémon).

Whats a Simili Team?

Also I've never heard of bank balls before either. I prefer to fight with my favourites too, though I do try and look for ways for them to work and put effort into them.

Hell I could quite happily live the life of a fighting gym leader and restrict myself to one type just because of all the cool fighting-types.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Pierre wrote:
Whats a Simili Team?

I too would like to know.

aka Ami <3

Bank ball? Simili teams? Idk about that, but...

I've got an idea for a doubles team that I threw together. It seems sound in theory. Anyone want a peek? (disclaimer, this was made at like... one in the morning. And took until about two?)

Spoiler: Tank Maker for Doubles
This set focuses on Shuckle, but I'll create a couple suitable partners for it.

Main:
Shuckle @ Lum Berry (Contrary) [Calm/Careful]
EV's: 252 Def, 252 Sp Def, 4 HP
Shell Smash
Power Split
Guard Split
Sticky Web
Strat: Skip to the bold in this paragraph to get to my point. The main purpose of Shuckle is to increase his already ridiculous defense and special defense to skyrocketing levels using Shell Smash. With the bonuses reversed, we get a slow, light-touching poke with insane defenses. Doing the math for a level 100 Shuckle, it has one defense at 559 and the other at 614 (with beneficial nature). With one boost of Shell Smash, we can count on +1 Def/Sp Def, -2 Atk/SpAtk/Spd, which means that the nature stat becomes 921, while the unnatured stat becomes 838. These are absolutely insane stats for any one pokemon to have. No pokemon can match its defensive prowess. "But Ami, why should I care? Your moveset has no offense capabilities!" And therein lies the rub: This Shuckle is meant to pass on the tanking to another Pokemon, creating a powerhouse unable to be revenge killed, and hard to de-buff. After the one buff, Shuckle splits its defense with its partner. Then it can cripple enemies by passing on its lowered attack to the enemy with Power Split, and slow them down with Sticky Web.

Partner 1:
Absol @ Absolite (Pressure) [Jolly]
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Taunt
Swords Dance
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Strat: Taunt to protect Shuckle (countering taunts with taunts that aren't prankster boosted), Swords Dance to increase power, yadda yadda. Here's where things get nice. Notice that at level 100, Absol's defenses are 219/219. Pretending Shuckle is calm, we have 559/614. Doing an unboosted guard swap, we have both pokemon with a new defense set of 389/416. Nothing to sneas(el) at, but still can be a bit better. So, let's boost Shuckle's defenses one stage. Now we have 219/219 and 838/928. Splitting now creates both with 419/464. This causes both pokemon to be only slightly under major metagame threats like Chansey, but without having to sacrifice as much power. Not to mention that the guard-swap is haze-proof.

Partner 2:
Sharpedo @ Leftovers (Speed Boost) [Jolly]
Taunt
Earthquake
Crunch
Waterfall
Strat: More taunt, but without the power boost. This relies entirely on Sharpedo's above average power, as the boosts here are from speed. Outpacing a good number of pokes after a couple of boosts, it can come in with taunt only slightly slower than pranksters- and it can hit hard, fast (hopefully outpacing recovery).

The Chocolateholic of CR

genodragon1 wrote:
Bank ball? Simili teams? Idk about that, but...

I've got an idea for a doubles team that I threw together. It seems sound in theory. Anyone want a peek? (disclaimer, this was made at like... one in the morning. And took until about two?)

Spoiler: Tank Maker for Doubles
This set focuses on Shuckle, but I'll create a couple suitable partners for it.

Main:
Shuckle @ Lum Berry (Contrary) [Calm/Careful]
EV's: 252 Def, 252 Sp Def, 4 HP
Shell Smash
Power Split
Guard Split
Sticky Web
Strat: Skip to the bold in this paragraph to get to my point. The main purpose of Shuckle is to increase his already ridiculous defense and special defense to skyrocketing levels using Shell Smash. With the bonuses reversed, we get a slow, light-touching poke with insane defenses. Doing the math for a level 100 Shuckle, it has one defense at 559 and the other at 614 (with beneficial nature). With one boost of Shell Smash, we can count on +1 Def/Sp Def, -2 Atk/SpAtk/Spd, which means that the nature stat becomes 921, while the unnatured stat becomes 838. These are absolutely insane stats for any one pokemon to have. No pokemon can match its defensive prowess. "But Ami, why should I care? Your moveset has no offense capabilities!" And therein lies the rub: This Shuckle is meant to pass on the tanking to another Pokemon, creating a powerhouse unable to be revenge killed, and hard to de-buff. After the one buff, Shuckle splits its defense with its partner. Then it can cripple enemies by passing on its lowered attack to the enemy with Power Split, and slow them down with Sticky Web.

Partner 1:
Absol @ Absolite (Pressure) [Jolly]
Taunt
Swords Dance
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Strat: Taunt to protect Shuckle (countering taunts with taunts that aren't prankster boosted), Swords Dance to increase power, yadda yadda. Here's where things get nice. Notice that at level 100, Absol's defenses are 219/219. Pretending Shuckle is calm, we have 559/614. Doing an unboosted guard swap, we have both pokemon with a new defense set of 389/416. Nothing to sneas(el) at, but still can be a bit better. So, let's boost Shuckle's defenses one stage. Now we have 219/219 and 838/928. Splitting now creates both with 419/464. This causes both pokemon to be only slightly under major metagame threats like Chansey, but without having to sacrifice as much power. Not to mention that the guard-swap is haze-proof.

Partner 2:
Sharpedo @ Leftovers (Speed Boost) [Jolly]
Taunt
Earthquake
Crunch
Waterfall
Strat: More taunt, but without the power boost. This relies entirely on Sharpedo's above average power, as the boosts here are from speed. Outpacing a good number of pokes after a couple of boosts, it can come in with taunt only slightly slower than pranksters- and it can hit hard, fast (hopefully outpacing recovery).

Yeaaaaaaaah about that..... Those 3 have no chance against my team.

aka Ami <3

Probably not, I'm not saying "this is going to be my team" or "This is gonna wreck everything", I'm actually just trying things out, seeing what works and doesn't work.

The Chocolateholic of CR

genodragon1 wrote:
Probably not, I'm not saying "this is going to be my team" or "This is gonna wreck everything", I'm actually just trying things out, seeing what works and doesn't work.

Well I am still waiting for a Dragon type team. Want to try my luck with Arceus and Victini. Or maybe Arceus and another Arceus..... *checks box* Oh wait I only got 1 Arceus. I thought I had another Arceus.

Gettin' Old!

Anthony wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:

Well I am still waiting for a Dragon type team. Want to try my luck with Arceus and Victini. Or maybe Arceus and another Arceus..... *checks box* Oh wait I only got 1 Arceus. I thought I had another Arceus.

Anthony, no one is going to want to fight you on your specific terms. Why would they coincide with your plan when it probably serves to your advantage. Also Arceus is banned from competitive play you know? Stop trying to pick fights against overpowered legendaries.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Chocolateholic of CR

Why would I want to fight a competitive battles?

Because at least that's a little more sporting than saying "Hey guys, fight me using just these Pokémon and let's see how my team specifically designed to deal with your Pokémon does"? I'm up for battling at some point if you want, but I'm not going to go to all the trouble of building a team on my opponent's terms.

Also don't use two Arceus', one is bad enough. :ron:

aka Ami <3

So, my silly team theory aside, I'm having trouble deciding on a team to build. I'm really having trouble balancing it while maintaining a strong theme that allows it to be powerful. Also, with the popularity of the VGC over Smogon, what rules am I supposed to be playing with?

Fate Testarossa

I tend to play Smogon Singles OU, because I'm boring.

Fate is made by クロス

1000% Knight

The best format is obvs randoms~
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Fate Testarossa

Bad Player wrote:
The best format is obvs randoms~

... OK, that's true. Randoms is the most fun. (But you can't play randoms on cart </3)

Fate is made by クロス

The Chocolateholic of CR

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Because at least that's a little more sporting than saying "Hey guys, fight me using just these Pokémon and let's see how my team specifically designed to deal with your Pokémon does"? I'm up for battling at some point if you want, but I'm not going to go to all the trouble of building a team on my opponent's terms.

Also don't use two Arceus', one is bad enough. :ron:

Sadly I thought my Arceus had Roar of Time Spacial Rend and Shadow Force with Judgement. But I was sadly mistaken....

Gettin' Old!

Not too familiar with the formats what is the random format?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

Pierre wrote:
Not too familiar with the formats what is the random format?

It's on Pokemon Showdown, you just get 6 random pokemon and have to fight. It's especially good if you don't know the metagame and how to build a team xD
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Sleeping is my life.

I just opened up my file on Pokémon X. And I noticed that Rex the Tyrunt got a symbol next to the HP bar. What is that supposed to mean? And also, none of my other Pokémon have that symbol.

Edit: Actually, I figured out that the symbol was to represents the HM move that the Pokémon have.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

So there's this thing on the official Japanese Pokemon Youtube channel. I believe it's a promotional video for their "lazy Pokemon summers" theme they have on right now. Plus, its name and song are spoken in Kansai dialect. The intro of Mega Slowbro was planned just right after all.

Here's the site for their official "Yadon Paradise" fanclub.

Oh yeah. I even translated it on another forum.

Lyrics wrote:
How ya doin', Slowpoke?

Music: The Yahdons
Vocal: Hiro
MC: Anthony Gatlin

"Hey kids! Come on down and join the fun! It's struttin' the Slowpoke Style!" etc, etc.

Spoiler: saving space
Yawn, yawn, a-yawn
How ya doin', Slowpoke?
Yawn, yawn, a-yawn
How ya doin', Slowpoke?

Wakin' up from a dream
With the morning sun
And nappin' til noon
Slowpoke

Its pinkish belly
Wasn't burned from the sun
That's just how it is
Slowpoke

A big ol' mouth
Like a convenience store
Always wide open
Slowpoke

Tasting its tail
Like the treats kids can get
Sometimes on breaks
Slowpoke

Motions so slow that a photo won't blur
Is that something to boast?
Slowpoke

Yawn, yawn, a-yawn
How ya doin', Slowpoke?
Yawn, yawn, a-yawn
How ya doin', Slowpoke?

Even with its tail off
It can just grow again
No worries, brah
Slowpoke

Who was caught?
The dex's name for it is
'The Dopey Pokemon'
Slowpoke

Starts with a 'ya'
And ends with a 'n'
These three kana make
'yakan' [night]

Fishin' with its tail
But doesn't feel it when it's got one
And doesn't feel it when it's gone
Slowpoke

If we play shiritori*
With Yadon's name
We can't keep going
Yadon

Yawn, yawn, a-yawn
How ya doin', Slowpoke?
Yawn, yawn, a-yawn
How ya doin', Slowpoke?

With a single yawn
the rain starts fallin'
The Rain Dancin' Legend
Slowpoke

But just earlier
There wasn't a cloud around
Is it just a legend?
Slowpoke

A Shellder takin' a bite
On its tail, then Slowbro
The evo's also dopey too
Slowpoke

Anywhere in the world
There's a Slowpoke for ya
There's even one behind you
Slowpoke

Yam toppings, moon-watching,
tempura, playin' go, exotic curry~
Udon

Yawn, yawn, a-yawn
How ya doin', Yadon (Udon)?
Yawn, yawn, a-yawn
How ya doin', Yadon?

A big, plump berry
Drops down on its head
But it doesn't hurt
Slowpoke

Its ears swirl round
Like a whirlpool...
Why is that again?
Slowpoke

Suddenly, "yahn?" it says
Maybe from that berry earlier
Now it feels the pain
Slowpoke

Sometimes it's Slowbro
Or sometimes it's Slowking
Either way doesn't matter
Slowpoke

Everyone bitin' tails
Makes a full circle
It feels so satisfying
Slowpoke

Yawn, yawn, a-yawn
How ya doin', Slowpoke?
Yawn, yawn, a-yawn
How ya doin', Slowpoke?

Slowpoke

* shiritori is a kid's word game in which the players agree to a certain theme/subject and chain words up by the last letter/kana of the last word. For a subject of "animals", it'd go: tiger->rabbit->turtle->emu->umbrella bird->dingo->orangutan, etc. until the next person can't think of one, and of course repeats aren't allowed. As expected in Japanese, if someone picks a word ending with 'n', there's no word that starts with the ending 'n' sound, so they win.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The Chocolateholic of CR

Anthony wrote:
That Shell is bigger.

And guys..... Maxie and Archie has Mega Stones. You know what that means right? Camerupt and Sharpedo will have Mega Evolution.

I called it and I was right.

EDIT: Wait that picture isn't right....

*deletes picture*

These are the Mega Evolution of Camerupt and Sharpedo.
Mega Camerupt

Mega Sharpedo

Last edited by Anthony on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ultimate Troll

Anthony wrote:
Anthony wrote:
That Shell is bigger.

And guys..... Maxie and Archie has Mega Stones. You know what that means right? Camerupt and Sharpedo will have Mega Evolution.

I called it and I was right.

hype intensifies
Welcome.... to the velvet room...

ImageImage

Our friends in Paradiso are far too quiet...

The Chocolateholic of CR

I was right. I called it.

Sleeping is my life.

Nice. I was right on target that Mega Sharpedo would look cool and fearsome.

I'm still waiting for the news of that we, the USA people, can preorder our Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby and get a bonus that you get if you preorder either Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. So far, the UK and Japan can preorder the games and get the bonus stuff.

The Chocolateholic of CR

What is the Bonus stuff?

Sleeping is my life.

Ah, you wanted to know what the bonus stuff that you get for preordering the games?

If you preorder Omega Ruby, you would get a Primal Groudon figure and a metal box featuring Primal Groudon on the outside. One the inside of the metal box, it shows a scene of Primal Groudon fighting Primal Kyogre.

If you preorder Alpha Sapphire, you get a Primal Kyogre figure and a metal box featuring Primal Kyogre on the outside. On the inside of the metal box, it shows a scene of Primal Kyogre fighting Primal Groudon.

I think there is a bonus that you get if you preorder both Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, but I can't remember at this moment.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I just saw a pretty green dragon. It made me all warm and fuzzy inside.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

aka Ami <3

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
I just saw a pretty green dragon. It made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

So excited! I saw the video this morning, and was very happy to know Rayquaza is obtainable.

Behold the Bottle Opener Pokémon.

aka Ami <3

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Behold the Bottle Opener Pokémon.

I was going to go "most spaceships nowadays", but... holy crap, he is.

inb4that'sanactualproduct

New ORAS info yussssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Edit @ 10:04: The Legendary Pokémon are found on islands that can only be found through areas on the sky and is said to make it so all non-event Legendary Pokémon will be obtainable in Generation VI. You access the sky through the Eon Flute item

thank god, no more screwing around with rng methods just to have non-garbage legendaries

The Chocolateholic of CR

Mega Beedrill?! Mega Pidgeot?!

I swear we need a Mega Staraptor that would be awesome.

Fate Testarossa

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Beautiful. :')

Fate is made by クロス

Ace Explorer

...Why not event legendaries, too? Seriously, at least have reduxes of the 3rd gen. ones for those of us who couldn't get to physical-location events... That was supposed to be one of the nice things about Pokémon being connected to the Internet... :sadshoe:
Well? Are we going or what?

I'm sure they'll have new events for those at some point, I'm not worried about that.

Anyway, I'm getting kind of sick of all the Megas to be honest; let's have some regular evolutions. It was bad enough with team previews showing you exactly what you're up against, but with all these otherwise subpar Pokémon getting Mega evolutions, it doesn't take a genius to know which one will be holding a Mega stone. At least Blaziken and Lucario can be good with or without their stones, and Charizard and Mewtwo can play mind games by having two different Mega forms.

Fate Testarossa

Yeah. A lot of the new megas look mega pretty... Silly. Like... Mega Pigeot? Really?

Fate is made by クロス
Page 14 of 16 [ 633 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station