Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 5 of 5[ 186 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Fighting game fanatics Unite!Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
That certainly sounds like an evening well spent! Since it's a cafe did they have salt containers for the food? You could make a really bad joke with this.

Haha perhaps my friend certainly could have used some that day to lessen his salt.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

High level play

Is he just occasionally salty or consistently (when losing) salty? It's really funny when usually calm people suddenly lose their shit over a videogame. When I started playing street fighter with my friend we'd be pretty even with winning matches. When I started I really used a lot of grabs even during mid combo. When we got a little better he started teching my grabs (if you grab at relatively the same time they cancel each other out = grab tech), but I still managed to get some sneaky ones in. If he lost the match by a grab and he was SURE he teched it he'd always lose his shit.

which cracks me up every time.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Is he just occasionally salty or consistently (when losing) salty? It's really funny when usually calm people suddenly lose their shit over a videogame. When I started playing street fighter with my friend we'd be pretty even with winning matches. When I started I really used a lot of grabs even during mid combo. When we got a little better he started teching my grabs (if you grab at relatively the same time they cancel each other out = grab tech), but I still managed to get some sneaky ones in. If he lost the match by a grab and he was SURE he teched it he'd always lose his shit.

which cracks me up every time.

Nah anytime he loses at something he tends to get quite salty. It's a real shame, he has no qualms fighting you without teaching you anything about a game which probably makes the other person kinda hate the experience yet he hates it if anyone beats him at something :ron:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Gettin' Old!

GUILTY GEAR IS BACK BABY!

Oh man I can't wait to check out that tournament at EVO. Really glad Guilty Gear is coming to the fore again because it's an incredible game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

I just saw the games which are announced. Pretty much what I expected, but everything I wanted is going to be there.

Streetfighter 4, UMVC 3 were pretty much a given, but I'm glad they are back
Smash for WiiU is going to be very educational to improve my gameplay. Looking forward to that.
SSB Melee is always a pleasure to see.
Maybe now I've seen some Persona 4 golden gameplay that game will also be enjoyable to watch?

Anywho it's going to be exciting again.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Question for you pros out there:

Where do you go to learn your combos?

Do youtube vids work for you or do you use forums? Do you just go with what the "challenge mode" teaches you or do you just mash em out and see what works?

I need a new source myself as Dustloop Wiki is letting me down.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:

Do youtube vids work for you or do you use forums? Do you just go with what the "challenge mode" teaches you or do you just mash em out and see what works?

I do a combination of youtube, forums, and challenge mode. Learn the basics of what your character can do, try to do the combos that challenge mode gives you, and then hit training mode to try to experiment using what you've learned in different situations. Learning your character really well is essential before learning combos IMO.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I do a combination of youtube, forums, and challenge mode. Learn the basics of what your character can do, try to do the combos that challenge mode gives you, and then hit training mode to try to experiment using what you've learned in different situations. Learning your character really well is essential before learning combos IMO.

Yeah I'll normally go through some of the challenge mode and tutorials for a character to get a feel for what they can do. Though normally challenge modes get insane and I quickly decide I could take an easier step before trying what they have.

However all the combo videos I normally see on Youtube are nightmarishly complex works of art. I feel they are more to show off than teach people trying to familiarise themselves with some new moves.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
However all the combo videos I normally see on Youtube are nightmarishly complex works of art. I feel they are more to show off than teach people trying to familiarise themselves with some new moves.

To be fair, most combo videos are just showing off. You want to be looking up more videos detailing bread-and-butter's since those are more likely to pulled off consistently in an actual match.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

To be fair, most combo videos are just showing off. You want to be looking up more videos detailing bread-and-butter's since those are more likely to pulled off consistently in an actual match.

That's what I suspected but I suppose perhaps I find certain BnB videos just as bad. Huge combos with no breakdowns or information, relying on me to read the inputs on the bottom of the screen as quickly as they come in. I feel I'd be better off with a notepad.

Eh but maybe that's just me slacking but I know exactly how I'd like it. A few combos and a video detailing the benefits of each individual move so that people can understand them fine outside of combos.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

That's what I suspected but I suppose perhaps I find certain BnB videos just as bad. Huge combos with no breakdowns or information, relying on me to read the inputs on the bottom of the screen as quickly as they come in. I feel I'd be better off with a notepad.

Eh but maybe that's just me slacking but I know exactly how I'd like it. A few combos and a video detailing the benefits of each individual move so that people can understand them fine outside of combos.

Detailed video tutorials for each character takes a lot of work, so you're less likely to find those instead of BnB videos. At best, you could always just slow down the play-back speed and take notes from there.

Gettin' Old!

Yeah it's why I turn to Dustloop now and then. It'll often do breakdowns of moves and provide some combos, can't see what they look like but I can work with their notation and the damage numbers to know that I'm doing it right.

Just they don't have sufficient up-to-date entries for one of my mains.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

long combo video's usually aren't too helpful when you try to improve your damage potential. Just focus on correct spacing, see what combinations work on what various distances ( and still be safe on block )

Long combo's are nice for showing off and all, but don't forget the damaging foundation, where it all gets started

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Went to the local fight club last night and spent two hours playing Xrd. I still play a pretty scrubby Milia, but all of my matches were against a Potemkin since he was the dominating player at the station. Got close to 1 round off him, but never actually did it. The experience was mainly a learning experience for me as I learned how to approach better and finally landed 1 loop of my corner/mixup combos.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Went to the local fight club last night and spent two hours playing Xrd. I still play a pretty scrubby Milia, but all of my matches were against a Potemkin since he was the dominating player at the station. Got close to 1 round off him, but never actually did it. The experience was mainly a learning experience for me as I learned how to approach better and finally landed 1 loop of my corner/mixup combos.

Ugh I hate the "Winner stays on rule," it's just so unfair and biased towards those who are the best. Can mean other folks hardly get a chance to try their hand against other players.

I much prefer a "winner plays them all" then abdicates to the bottom to let the ranks shuffle a bit.

Speaking of Xrd I've been dabbling myself with the PS3 version. Chipp is still as fun as I remember.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

Ugh I hate the "Winner stays on rule," it's just so unfair and biased towards those who are the best. Can mean other folks hardly get a chance to try their hand against other players.

I much prefer a "winner plays them all" then abdicates to the bottom to let the ranks shuffle a bit.

Speaking of Xrd I've been dabbling myself with the PS3 version. Chipp is still as fun as I remember.

I don't think it's all that bad though especially since everyone's really friendly with each other. The station I was at had the least amount of people lined up, so it was me versus Potemkin with the occasional other person that would show up to play a few sets and then go to another game.

IIRC, Chipp is the fastest character in the game, but his health is the worst out of the cast. Milia is probably 2nd or 3rd with least health, but I could be wrong.

High level play

Did anyone get the new Street Fighter 5?

I did... and I'm not really satisfied. The characters work well and the game looks fairly balanced so far, but the offline modes are severely lacking. Not to mention it takes about 2 minutes to find a fight online. This will be patched in the future, but that doesn't make the fact go away that the game feels really bare-boned right now.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:

I did... and I'm not really satisfied. The characters work well and the game looks fairly balanced so far, but the offline modes are severely lacking. Not to mention it takes about 2 minutes to find a fight online. This will be patched in the future, but that doesn't make the fact go away that the game feels really bare-boned right now.

Nah but I suppose I have the chance to what with it being PS4 exclusive (seriously what's the deal with that?).

I think the V trigger system looks pretty neat at least.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Sjibbey wrote:

I haven't gotten it yet, and I think I'll wait until it's fleshed out a little more cause of the shaky launch it's had. I don't mind the lack of offline modes as Capcom already explicitly said that it'd ship with a focus on online so people could start practicing for EVO, but with the problems regarding online there's really no excuse for that.

Pierre wrote:
Nah but I suppose I have the chance to what with it being PS4 exclusive (seriously what's the deal with that?).

Sony pays Capcom more money than Microsoft for exclusivity.

Gettin' Old!

Yeah but that exclusivity fee just seems...I don't know...it must have been some huge amount. I mean it's full exclusivity right? Not timed or anything.

Just think Capcom would actually LOSE money on this deal.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

迷探偵

Sony didn't buy exclusivity in the traditional sense of the word: they actually funded the development of the game. With Capcom's financial status nowadays, it would have taken them much longer to release SFV by themselves. So SFV wouldn't even be here today without Sony (even if the game itself is supposed to be rather... lacking in content). That's why it's exclusive: Sony paid the bill for the whole thing, they didn't just buy timed exclusivity.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Call me James

Ash wrote:
Sony didn't buy exclusivity in the traditional sense of the word: they actually funded the development of the game. With Capcom's financial status nowadays, it would have taken them much longer to release SFV by themselves.

That's somewhat ironic, no? Didn't Ono say that the next Street Fighter game (Street Fighter V) wouldn't be coming immediately after the release of Ultra Street Fighter IV, and that a small break would be taken?

Pretty sure he said that. But, money, I guess :gumshoe:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Yeah but that exclusivity fee just seems...I don't know...it must have been some huge amount. I mean it's full exclusivity right? Not timed or anything.

I have to make an addendum to that, SF5 is also available on steam. This works out greatly, since steam has Xbox arcade stick controller support meaning I don't have to spend another €150 to play the game to my liking.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I have to make an addendum to that, SF5 is also available on steam. This works out greatly, since steam has Xbox arcade stick controller support meaning I don't have to spend another €150 to play the game to my liking.

Ah so it's not an exclusive then? Whole thing makes perfect sense.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Call me James

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJdXbHm48bQ

IT BEGINS :gant-clap: A new Marvel vs. Capcom game. Multi-platform.

Plz Phoenix/Dante. Want my UMVC3 shell :object:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Oh boy, I was cautiously optimistic with all these rumors flying around this week, but it's finally happening. That UMVC3 PC port though.
I am a bit worried about another gem system after its use in SFxT, but I can only hope Capcom learned their lesson from it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/03/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-hits-ps4-in-2017-2v2-battles-infinity-stones-more/
We getting all fancy with our story modes now.
Page 5 of 5 [ 186 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station