Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 7 of 7[ 264 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Re: Mario Kart 8Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

genodragon1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Oh wow...I guess it's the first step to the "Nintendo Kart" dream after all. Well if Sega is doing it...

Would totally play Link though...is it "new" tracks or more retro ones?

We know there's at least going to be an Animal Crossing-themed one, and more than likely at least one based in Hyrule and F-Zero.

This is probably used to test the market: if people will pay for these DLC's, we'll probably see Mario Kart 9 expand into full nintendo stuff. And then people will be frothing in the mouth over characters being included in that one, only for more metal characters. Except Samus and ROB, who become less metal. Somehow.

Well it seems like worthwhile content to me. I'll gladly pay especially since 8 tracks is a very reasonable prize. Of course...the price should be reasonable too.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

aka Ami <3

Nintendo: It's going to cost an arm and a leg.
Choice: Yes/No
Me: Yes.
HUD Message: This is going to hurt.

Gettin' Old!

genodragon1 wrote:
Nintendo: It's going to cost an arm and a leg.
Choice: Yes/No
Me: Yes.
HUD Message: This is going to hurt.

For 8 tracks and characters?

I'd pay maybe £5-8.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

aka Ami <3

Ten bucks? Mmm... Maybe five bucks, or 3.4 Euros.

Ace Explorer

genodragon1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Oh wow...I guess it's the first step to the "Nintendo Kart" dream after all. Well if Sega is doing it...

We know there's at least going to be an Animal Crossing-themed one, and more than likely at least one based in Hyrule and F-Zero.

This is probably used to test the market: if people will pay for these DLC's, we'll probably see Mario Kart 9 expand into full nintendo stuff. And then people will be frothing in the mouth over characters being included in that one, only for more metal characters. Except Samus and ROB, who become less metal. Somehow.

Expect hardcore MK fans to start complaining about clone characters making it in as opposed to their obscure favorites.

Also, Shulk for Mario Kart!
Well? Are we going or what?

Gardevoir lover

I honestly can't believe this.
Though hopefully they make a full game that's a smash brothers racing game.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

aka Ami <3

Alonso Swift wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Expect hardcore MK fans to start complaining about clone characters making it in as opposed to their obscure favorites.

Also, Shulk for Mario Kart!

There are already clone characters in there already. And there are complaints. And honestly? I don't see the point of metal Mario. He's been in one official game, two if you count the remake. It's a lazier recolor since Luigi, but at least Luigi developed his own character.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I honestly can't believe this.
Though hopefully they make a full game that's a smash brothers racing game.

Same here! Man, imagine Mega Man in a racing game that isn't cripplingly difficult.

Master of sharp things!

genodragon1 wrote:
So excited for this. I hope this means that Mario Kart will one day expand into a Smash Bros.-esque game where stages, karts, and characters are based on more Nintendo franchises.

If this isn't already the beginning of that idea, Smash Kart will likely happen someday. Alternatively, this could mean Nintendo is more open to the idea of DLC for Smash Bros as well...

Pierre wrote:

It's definitely a mix of both. The images in my post show off at least three new tracks based on F-Zero, Animal Crossing and Excite Bike, as well as Wario's Gold Mine from MKWii. I'm going to guess it'll be an even number of new and returning tracks, to keep the number of new and retro cups even.

Pierre wrote:
Well it seems like worthwhile content to me. I'll gladly pay especially since 8 tracks is a very reasonable prize. Of course...the price should be reasonable too.

16 tracks total, actually, with 8 per pack. The website says the first pack costs £7.00, and I suspect the second pack will likely be the same price. Not sure if that's a good value, though I suppose that's up to individual taste in terms of included courses and characters.

genodragon1 wrote:
Same here! Man, imagine Mega Man in a racing game that isn't cripplingly difficult.

Well, if they can repeatedly include Pac-Man in the Mario Kart Arcade GP games, I don't think Mega Man would be too difficult to include as well. That's more an issue on Capcom's end, however.

aka Ami <3

True. I'm just saying that Mega Man Battle Racers had a steep difficulty spike, and it frequently felt like the computer was cheating. Thus, Mega Man in this setting would be cool. Though I have no idea what that Donpa-man was supposed to be in the Mario Kart GX series alongside Pac-Man.

Master of sharp things!

Nintendo of America officially announced the two DLC packs today:

There's even a price discount if you buy both together in advance:

And while you have to wait for the packs to release to use the content in them, the Yoshi and Shy Guy colors can be used as soon as you purchase them.

We're also getting the Mercedes Benz DLC and game patch downloads today. In case you forgot, here's the update notes:

- Adds the ability to access the in-game shop and download three free Mercedes-Benz cars: Mercedes-Benz GLA, 300 SL Roadster, and Silver Arrow
- Adds the ability to display the course map on the TV screen during races
- Adds "Play Stats" option to the main menu, allowing users to see gameplay statistics such as total number of coins collected, win-loss record in online play, and more
- Adds the ability to change options of others' Mario Kart TV downloaded highlight reels, such as changing the focus to a new character or event
- Changes the default menu option after each race to "Next Race", followed by "Watch Highlight Reel"
- Improves the vehicle selection process and saves the most recent vehicle customisation settings that were selected, even if the Wii U console is powered down between play sessions
- Improves stability of connection in online play to enhance the user experience
- Increases the maximum attainable Player Rating and Battle Rating from 9999 to 99999
- Introduces additional enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment

Looks like I'll need to go buy another points card...

Gettin' Old!

Hmmm no word of such a discounted double pack deal in the UK?

Though seems a bit of a rip off how America gets it so cheaper. The double pack at $11.99 costs 20 pence more than one of the UK packs.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

aka Ami <3

Pierre wrote:
Hmmm no word of such a discounted double pack deal in the UK?

Though seems a bit of a rip off how America gets it so cheaper. The double pack at $11.99 costs 20 pence more than one of the UK packs.

Yeah, I do feel ya there.

Still, super-excited for the bundle pack deal. Sorta conflicted like that.

Master of sharp things!

Announced via Nintendo's twitter page, Link gets the Epona-styled Master Cycle in the first DLC pack.

There's also some new official artwork for the Animal Crossing characters from the second DLC pack.

Gettin' Old!

Do we know if the tracks will be available for online play?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Pierre wrote:

Good question considering this DLC is optional. I'm hoping so, but considering not everyone will be forking out money for this, it's hard to imagine how it will be handled if it is available for online play.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Good question considering this DLC is optional. I'm hoping so, but considering not everyone will be forking out money for this, it's hard to imagine how it will be handled if it is available for online play.

Yeah I mean...given how they've made a pretty successful effort in pushing the online multiplayer of MK8 it would be strange if the DLC courses weren't playable together.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Let it go and move it move it

I haven't played MK8 in ages! I can't wait for the DLC to come out, though. I'll be playing it again for sure.
Within Temptation

Master of sharp things!

Nintendo released a new trailer showing off the Excitebike Arena track included in the first DLC. It looks pretty good, lots of jumps and places to get consecutive tricks going, though interestingly the main gimmick of this course is that the location of ramps and speed boosts changes every time you play in regular races. Thematically it's about as close to the original Excitebike as you can get.

dullahan1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I don't believe they've said anything specifically about online play for those without the DLC, but since you can use DLC in other Nintendo titles with others that don't have it (Mario Golf: World Tour comes to mind), I'd imagine you can have the chance to race on the DLC courses in multiplayer if you're racing against someone who owns the pack.

EDIT: Nintendo revealed everything included in the first DLC pack, as well as some extra functions during their Direct yesterday.

DLC Pack 1 includes the following tracks:

- Yoshi Circuit GCN
- Wario's Gold Mine Wii
- Rainbow Road SNES
- Excitebike Arena
- Dragon Driftway
- Mute City
- Ice Ice Outpost
- Hyrule Circuit

Some of them have special rules as well. Mute City is an anti-gravity only course with no coins on the track. To get coins, you have to use the repair grids on the sides of the track, which give you one coin for each second you run over them. Hyrule Circuit lets you collect rupees instead of coins, with several secret shortcuts combined with Zelda fanfare.

Also announced was amiibo functionality. Scanning a compatible one unlocks a character-related costume for your Mii character.

All of this will be available on November 13th.

Bumping for this.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/04/15/ma ... r-japanese

Vid is in Japanese, but it's easy enough to understand. This 2nd DLC pack looks amazing.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

Putting out the call, anyone up for some Kart tonight?

Super Smash Brothers 4 is also on the cards.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gettin' Old!

Anyone fancy a little Smash or Mario Kart on boxing day for some fun? Get the title Christmas King/Queen of CR?

(Double post...and a necro...and maybe a double post from another thread? Man I should read the rules again.)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Still feel bad I haven't played much Smash since its release. Not that I'm not into it, but I'm still not at full health and a game this intense always seems to wear me down too quick, so I haven't touched it much because of that. I've been lucky to go 30 minutes with my brother when I do. Still, when I get better, I hope to be able to start practicing, finding a main, and hope to Smash with people here if anyone is up for it.

EDIT: XDDD And I just realized this is the MK8 thread and got confused because you mentioned Smash. Haven't played MK8 since the update, I've probably gotten pretty rusty. Been needing to try out the 200cc, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where the breaks are with the nunchuk-wiimote combo because I've never needed to use it before in the 150cc. XD
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

ASCEND

dullahan1 wrote:
EDIT: XDDD And I just realized this is the MK8 thread and got confused because you mentioned Smash. Haven't played MK8 since the update, I've probably gotten pretty rusty. Been needing to try out the 200cc, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where the breaks are with the nunchuk-wiimote combo because I've never needed to use it before in the 150cc. XD

I imagine brakes would be either B or Z. I'm not sure though.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

Eh I've not played in ages and I wasn't even that great to begin with XD you don't have anything to worry about Dulla
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 7 of 7 [ 264 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station