Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 34 posts ]

E3 2014Topic%20Title

Hello everyone.

With E3 just around the corner I figured I should start a thread where we can talk about upcoming games. However, I'd like to start the discussion, since E3 hasn't officially begun yet, by asking what you're looking forward to. Aside from the obvious and omnipresent Super Smash Bros., I want to hear more about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the next Zelda or maybe even Metroid for the Wii U, and as a new fan of the Persona series, I really want to know more about Persona 5, which will be released in Japan this winter. I would like to be hyped for Dragon Age: Inquisition, but after the downright insult to the players' intelligence that was Dragon Age 2, coupled with the fact that it's being published by EA, makes me considering not buying it out of sheer principle.

And I guess we're all looking forward to news regarding The Great Ace Attorney, otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum, I believe.

So, what games are you looking forward to hearing about?
Re: E3 2014Topic%20Title

I overall don't care for E3. The only thing I'm kind of wondering is if EA will show some proper gameplay of Sims 4 or just continue pointing out how the Sims now have EMOTIONS! ZOMG EMOTIONS!! Oh and look! We have Maids and Mail Carriers and Taxies..... you know, the same stuff we had in the previous Sims games. Why we should get excited over THAT...

C-A

Zoinks

Things I'm interested in:

- Final Fantasy XV
- Persona 5
- Smash Bros
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Mirror's Edge(!)
- Gyakuten Saiban of course

Things I'm not interested in:

- Everything else
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

I completely forgot about FFXV. Yeah, I have no interest in that. It seems like a total sausage fest and from what I've seen and read, it has Noctis and Stella "unfortunately being opposing enemies" which just sounds like childhood romance to me....

C-A

1000% Knight

I don't really 'care' for E3 in advance, but you never know what's going to show up. If good things get revealed this year, then that's great.

Since E3 is an American show, if we get anything about The Great AA, I doubt it'd be anything besides just an announcement of a Western release. I don't think we've ever had an English announcement for AA that's also revealed new info.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
I completely forgot about FFXV. Yeah, I have no interest in that. It seems like a total sausage fest and from what I've seen and read, it has Noctis and Stella "unfortunately being opposing enemies" which just sounds like childhood romance to me....

C-A

Maybe so, but didn't it also have a more action-oriented gameplay as opposed to inputting commands in a menu? If the characters in these games are going to continue to be cliche, at least there will be some decent gameplay in a world that can actually be explored. Of course, this doesn't concern me because I have no plans of getting a PS4 or Xbox One.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Master of sharp things!

Funny, I was going to make a thread about this today if no one else did. Glad I'm not the only one interested.

Though Nintendo and Sony are the only presentations I'm really interested in, I try to watch all the conferences to keep caught up on the releases of the various companies. I'm not really looking forward to anything in particular aside from Smash Bros, though.

Bad Player wrote:
I don't really 'care' for E3 in advance, but you never know what's going to show up. If good things get revealed this year, then that's great.

Since E3 is an American show, if we get anything about The Great AA, I doubt it'd be anything besides just an announcement of a Western release. I don't think we've ever had an English announcement for AA that's also revealed new info.

Level-5 usually has a presence there, so at the very least an American release date for PLvsAA is possible. If it would be announced anywhere, though, it'd probably be during Nintendo's event.

sumguy28 wrote:
Maybe so, but didn't it also have a more action-oriented gameplay as opposed to inputting commands in a menu? If the characters in these games are going to continue to be cliche, at least there will be some decent gameplay in a world that can actually be explored. Of course, this doesn't concern me because I have no plans of getting a PS4 or Xbox One.

We already have an action oriented battle system with LR. And really, even when XV was called Versus XIII, nothing they showed about XV somehow seemed interesting to me. The only thing I have to say about XV is that Noctis looks like how I imagine Zack and Aerith's son would..

C-A

Gardevoir lover

Please announce a release date for PLVSPWAA, please announce a release date for PLVSPWAA Please for the love of god announce a release date!

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Zoinks

Yeah, I know: FFXV doesn't seem like it's going to be much beyond a flashy sausagefest, but judging by that gameplay trailer my GOD is it going to be flashy. Say what you will about Square Enix nowadays but if anyone knows how to push a next-gen console to its limits, it's them.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

The Chocolateholic of CR

Halo 2 remake is happening.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Gettin' Old!

Nintendo is about the only one I'm interested in, don't plan on picking up a PS4 yet.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The dwarf geeky panda!

Pierre wrote:
Nintendo is about the only one I'm interested in, don't plan on picking up a PS4 yet.

We should be glad that there are some PS3 game. :godot:

Things I want to see:

-Mirror Edge Reboot/News
-Persona! (It's confirmed that Dancing all night and Arena Ultimax will be there, but COME ON bring us Q and 5!)
-Zelda
-Portable Mario
-PLvsAA
-Assassins's Creed (I just want to see the things they could do with Unity since their contest always used it for no apparent reasons (before)).

And most importantly: NEW ORIGINAL GAMES!
Please don't hit me...

Gettin' Old!

Shao-Mae wrote:
Pierre wrote:

We should be glad that there are some PS3 game. :godot:

Things I want to see:

-Mirror Edge Reboot/News
-Persona! (It's confirmed that Dancing all night and Arena Ultimax will be there, but COME ON bring us Q and 5!)
-Zelda
-Portable Mario
-PLvsAA
-Assassins's Creed (I just want to see the things they could do with Unity since their contest always used it for no apparent reasons (before)).

And most importantly: NEW ORIGINAL GAMES!

Well there was some news about Mirrors Edge...if you caught it, seemed to crash halfway through.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is one of the only games I really care about. The trailer's already been leaked. It's dark, grim, moving, disturbing, and all-around fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmG3jYV1n64

Art Person

The only thing I'm wanting to see is Nintendo's new announcements. That and Persona 5, and hopefully confirmation that DGS is coming to the West (really unlikely though.)

I believe the major Nintendo livestream is in two hours. How very exciting!

Also, does EVERYONE here play Persona? I barely knew about the game until just a month ago.

Ace Explorer

Thane wrote:

Also, does EVERYONE here play Persona? I barely knew about the game until just a month ago.

I don't... Though I'd like to. I just don't have any Playstation consoles, and I don't feel like fiddling with emulators and crap.
Well? Are we going or what?

AlonsoSwift wrote:
Thane wrote:

I don't... Though I'd like to. I just don't have any Playstation consoles, and I don't feel like fiddling with emulators and crap.

Since I also lack any form of Sony console, I watched a walkthrough of Persona 4 Golden and practically loved everything about it and couldn't stop watching, even though there were some elements that bothered me. I then moved on to watch a walkthrough of Persona 3 and it was just fanfic bad, with some good elements thrown in. However, Persona 4 convinced me to buy Persona Q for my Japanese 3DS, which was released just last week. Pretty tough when you understand roughly 10% of the text, but hey, I think I'm getting a hang of things.

Quote:
However, Persona 4 convinced me to buy Persona Q for my Japanese 3DS, which was released just last week. Pretty tough when you understand roughly 10% of the text, but hey, I think I'm getting a hang of things.

Hey that's what I did when I wanted to continue my self-teaching of Japanese. I started playing games in Japanese. Haha, first game I played in Japanese was TokiMemo for the Super Nintendo and back then, I had no clue about Japanese. The gameplay was overall easy enough to understand that I got a girl's ending, but as to what to say... *shrug* But now that I'm better, playing games in Japanese is good. Although I do want to take a Japanese course...

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
However, Persona 4 convinced me to buy Persona Q for my Japanese 3DS, which was released just last week. Pretty tough when you understand roughly 10% of the text, but hey, I think I'm getting a hang of things.

Hey that's what I did when I wanted to continue my self-teaching of Japanese. I started playing games in Japanese. Haha, first game I played in Japanese was TokiMemo for the Super Nintendo and back then, I had no clue about Japanese. The gameplay was overall easy enough to understand that I got a girl's ending, but as to what to say... *shrug* But now that I'm better, playing games in Japanese is good. Although I do want to take a Japanese course...

C-A

I really do think I should've started with something a tad more simple though, considering how text-heavy the game is, not to mention you need to be able to understand a bunch of descriptions for effects, fusing, status ailments and so on.

However, It's a great motivator for continuing your studies, that's for sure.

Master of sharp things!

TIME "accidently" put up an article before Nintendo's event, and it revealed three new games:

- Project Giant Robot, where players control rock'em sock 'em-style giant robots in combat

- Project Guard, a defense game where players contend to keep robots from reaching the end of a maze

- A brand new goddamn STAR FOX game!

I imagine heads will probably barrel roll for the leak, but... Star Fox! About damn time.

Thane wrote:
I really do think I should've started with something a tad more simple though, considering how text-heavy the game is, not to mention you need to be able to understand a bunch of descriptions for effects, fusing, status ailments and so on.

However, It's a great motivator for continuing your studies, that's for sure.

I dunno, I mean the majority of spells are generally written in Katakana... but I don't know how Q deals with things, maybe it's more Kanji based.

C-A

PS: Horray for Star Fox I guess, if it's true. I don't remember it a lot.

What did he do this time...?

PL vs AA is coming to USA August 29th. I would posted this on Trial Minutes, but it seems I can't.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Fate Testarossa

Nintendo wins E3. That was amaze.

Fate is made by クロス

Ace Explorer

Danchat wrote:
PL vs AA is coming to USA August 29th. I would posted this on Trial Minutes, but it seems I can't.

I was literally going to post this after they said it.
When I heard the date, I literally shouted "YES!" at the top of my lungs.

...Although, I do have to wonder why it's not coming out until the end of August.

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

AlonsoSwift wrote:
Danchat wrote:

...Although, I do have to wonder why it's not coming out until the end of August.

Who cares?! WE FINALLY GET IT!!!

Ace Explorer

shippersdreamer wrote:
AlonsoSwift wrote:
Danchat wrote:

Who cares?! WE FINALLY GET IT!!!

*chuckles* Yeah, that is a plus.
But two days after it comes out is when I leave for college. So once again, all the awesome games get released when school starts...

What did he do this time...?

Quote:
*chuckles* Yeah, that is a plus.
But two days after it comes out is when I leave for college. So once again, all the awesome games get released when school starts...

Exact same situation as me. At least when the school year arrives, we'll have something exciting to look forward to.

The wait between PL6 and PL vs PW:AA has been just to space the two games out. Two PL games in a row would be a bit redundant. Nobody has told us why the NA PL6 got released months after the EU one. Level 5 hasn't said anything.

And one more thing. If anyone was disappointed about not getting news on the new AA games, I'd wait until the Tokyo Game Show, which is in late September. We'll probably hear about both new AA games there.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Gettin' Old!

kwando1313 wrote:

The truth.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Master of sharp things!

Pierre wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:

The truth.

This is how I saw the big three this year:

- Microsoft: Shooters, shooters, more shooters... oh look, some indie games. Shooters, remakes of 10-year-old shooters, more shooters...

- Sony: We have several good games, but we still have to shove 40 minutes of crap you don't care about in here. Don't even ask about The Last Guardian, either.

- Nintendo: New Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, two new Zeldas, make-your-own Mario, Smash Bros. release date + characters...

So yeah, I'd say Nintendo won E3.

Gettin' Old!

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Pierre wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:

The truth.

This is how I saw the big three this year:

- Microsoft: Shooters, shooters, more shooters... oh look, some indie games. Shooters, remakes of 10-year-old shooters, more shooters...

- Sony: We have several good games, but we still have to shove 40 minutes of crap you don't care about in here. Don't even ask about The Last Guardian, either.

- Nintendo: New Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, two new Zeldas, make-your-own Mario, Smash Bros. release date + characters...

So yeah, I'd say Nintendo won E3.

You forgot Iwata and Reggie unveiling their TRUE POWAH.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Man, if they're making a new Star Fox game, it needs to have the following:

• Make it a remake of Assault, but better than the original. (Probably not true, but it's possible for a future title)
• Give Slippy a deeper voice.
• Make Falco more respectful.
• And last but not least... BRING BACK KRYSTAL!!!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

FWEET CLICK FWEET

Call of Duty : Advance Warfare
Page 1 of 1 [ 34 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station