Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 10 of 13[ 508 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 


Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4126

You know what really grinds my gears? Amnesiac player characters.

Sure, it provides an excuse for NPCs to explain things that my character should already know, but the downside is that I have little to no freedom when it comes to imagining a past of my own design for him/her. Supposedly, this also allows the player more freedom to design his/her character without being restricted by said character's past--maybe for some, but not for me. Typically, the game leaves plenty of gaps in my character's background, and those are gaps I like to fill in on my own, thus allowing me to customize my character to a greater extent than the game on its own allows. Essentially, the game gives me my character's skeleton, and I flesh him out (pun intended) however I want. When my character has amnesia, though, I no longer have that kind of freedom, as my character has no memory of what kind of person he/she was, where he/she is from, who his/her family is, and so on, before the game began. In my experience, a character with amnesia will either learn about his/her past over the course of the game or he/she will never regain his/her memory. Either way, he/she has no memory of the more specific past I wanted to personally design and build off of for him/her. Thus, I feel left with an incomplete character; there are only so many blanks I get to fill in during the course of the game, and each blank has far more meaning when I have a past to build off of for him/her.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Call me James/Professor/whatever

Gender: Male

Location: At Fishman Island

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Posts: 589

What really grinds my gears is when it's pretty obvious during fighting games/games with PVP, the other guy has turned on a lagswitch because they wanna win that bad or just be a twat.

Been playing Smash 4, went up against a guy who had his title as "Easy". Didn't really understand what this was about, but I fought him several times anyway, and the connection was very good. After beating him a few times, he changes his title to "Hard" and suddenly the connection is terrible for me, but he's doing okay and beats me as if the connection hasn't even been affected.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

Professor Yoshi wrote:
What really grinds my gears is when it's pretty obvious during fighting games/games with PVP, the other guy has turned on a lagswitch because they wanna win that bad or just be a twat.

Been playing Smash 4, went up against a guy who had his title as "Easy". Didn't really understand what this was about, but I fought him several times anyway, and the connection was very good. After beating him a few times, he changes his title to "Hard" and suddenly the connection is terrible for me, but he's doing okay and beats me as if the connection hasn't even been affected.


Lagswitch?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Call me James/Professor/whatever

Gender: Male

Location: At Fishman Island

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Posts: 589

Pierre wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:
What really grinds my gears is when it's pretty obvious during fighting games/games with PVP, the other guy has turned on a lagswitch because they wanna win that bad or just be a twat.

Been playing Smash 4, went up against a guy who had his title as "Easy". Didn't really understand what this was about, but I fought him several times anyway, and the connection was very good. After beating him a few times, he changes his title to "Hard" and suddenly the connection is terrible for me, but he's doing okay and beats me as if the connection hasn't even been affected.


Lagswitch?


Something that's used to intentionally slow data flow from the modem to the computer/console, or so I've heard that's the proper usage for it. I saw it sometimes in Dark Souls PVP, what happened was guys start to lose, then flip on the lagswitch, making themselves completely frozen in the game for everyone else, but were still actually moving and made it super easy to the other people. Cheating, basically.

Not sure how it works if they want to use it for Smash, but when a guy has a great connection, then changes his title to "HARD", then suddenly the connection for me is shit, but for him, he's playing as if nothing's gone on. Just makes me wonder, is all. :gumshoe:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

Getting really sick of Nintendo taking content of games just to appeal to Western cultural views, and the amount of defensive fanboys that defend the practice by jumping to the "I don't like it/I don't care, therefore it's okay to take it out!" argument is extremely infuriating. Just because you don't agree with an OPTIONAL feature in a game doesn't mean you should blindly accept the practice of removing content. Unfortunately for people like me who actually enjoys all types of fanservice, ESPECIALLY the overtly sexy kind, our side will continuously lose out on quirky little features like Fates' "Face Petting" because of Puritanical western standards. And no, I refuse to cancel my pre-order for this fucking game because you have no idea how much work it took to secure a copy of the goddamned special edition. Fuck.

My gears have been thoroughly ground.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

Blak The Great wrote:
Getting really sick of Nintendo taking content of games just to appeal to Western cultural views, and the amount of defensive fanboys that defend the practice by jumping to the "I don't like it/I don't care, therefore it's okay to take it out!" argument is extremely infuriating. Just because you don't agree with an OPTIONAL feature in a game doesn't mean you should blindly accept the practice of removing content. Unfortunately for people like me who actually enjoys all types of fanservice, ESPECIALLY the overtly sexy kind, our side will continuously lose out on quirky little features like Fates' "Face Petting" because of Puritanical western standards. And no, I refuse to cancel my pre-order for this fucking game because you have no idea how much work it took to secure a copy of the goddamned special edition. Fuck.

My gears have been thoroughly ground.


Hmm I heard about them needing to tweak a character's arc because it included drugging and gay-conversion but not this face-petting thing what's that?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Getting really sick of Nintendo taking content of games just to appeal to Western cultural views, and the amount of defensive fanboys that defend the practice by jumping to the "I don't like it/I don't care, therefore it's okay to take it out!" argument is extremely infuriating. Just because you don't agree with an OPTIONAL feature in a game doesn't mean you should blindly accept the practice of removing content. Unfortunately for people like me who actually enjoys all types of fanservice, ESPECIALLY the overtly sexy kind, our side will continuously lose out on quirky little features like Fates' "Face Petting" because of Puritanical western standards. And no, I refuse to cancel my pre-order for this fucking game because you have no idea how much work it took to secure a copy of the goddamned special edition. Fuck.

My gears have been thoroughly ground.


Hmm I heard about them needing to tweak a character's arc because it included drugging and gay-conversion but not this face-petting thing what's that?

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/01/26/western-versions-fire-emblem-fates-lacks-touching-minigame/
And from what I read regarding the Soleil's support conversation, you'd have to be incredibly stupid to interpret that support as gay-conversion/drugging. Plus, it's a poorly written support anyways.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9877

Blak The Great wrote:
Getting really sick of Nintendo taking content of games just to appeal to Western cultural views, and the amount of defensive fanboys that defend the practice by jumping to the "I don't like it/I don't care, therefore it's okay to take it out!" argument is extremely infuriating. Just because you don't agree with an OPTIONAL feature in a game doesn't mean you should blindly accept the practice of removing content. Unfortunately for people like me who actually enjoys all types of fanservice, ESPECIALLY the overtly sexy kind, our side will continuously lose out on quirky little features like Fates' "Face Petting" because of Puritanical western standards. And no, I refuse to cancel my pre-order for this fucking game because you have no idea how much work it took to secure a copy of the goddamned special edition. Fuck.


Ooooh! So that's why Princess Maker 4's DS version will never be released! I have the option to touch my daughter (Face, Hands, Torso or Head) to increase certain parameters! No. Wait. No, I think because they think nobody would care about an English Princess Maker game... despite how popular PM2 is online, even though it's a beta, unfinished job and difficult. (Then again, I guess I can see the problem with some of the imagery... though most of them are in the ending and that's when she's 18 years old... and PM4 does not have this issue, due to being made by the guy who made Sister Princess and those aren't sexualized)

Personally, I enjoy fanservice... as long as it's decently done. And isn't too much. Though, as you say, if it's optional, it doesn't bother me so much. Sure, if I have to go through it to complete the game or so, then it would bother me. But not that I'd say, "Gawd, remove it!" Heck, maybe it's because I've gotten accustomed to Japanese values in games or so that things don't bug me so much. Sure, a loli character where I can change the breast size may be... weird... but this means I could make the breasts small and not sexualize her. Or kids bathing with their parents (up to a certain age), stuff like that. Just doesn't bother me.

Quote:
The Fire Emblem if minigame was most like ones present in the Nintendo DS’ Tokimeki Memorial Girl’s Side or Love Plus games.


Oho! Ohohoho! I remember the touching options in Girl's Side! It was funny and awkward. And sometimes the guys made... small noises. Nothing overt, of course. A small sigh here or there. Or, if you did it too many times, he'd interrupt you and then talk about how men are wolves and bla bla, you should watch out. I liked it when Hikami just flat out said, "STOP!"

I... guess I can understand why they'd take that out?

Quote:
the avatar would slip Soleil a magic potion that would make her see men as women, because she said she was becoming too distracted by cute girls.


...she is getting distracted by seeing cute girls, so... they make her see more girls? How does this back-assward logic make sense? :eh?: Or does it make all men look like ugly girls?

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:15 pm

Posts: 25

Sometimes people who worship companies piss me off. For example, people who think Nintendo's ass is beautiful, Nintendo is everything, therefore any Nintendo-exclusive game is good. The same goes for Sony or Microsoft fanboys. Stop worshipping companies goddamit! The company only cares about your money, stop kissing their butt. It is almost masochistic.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Explorer

Gender: None specified

Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am

Posts: 737

You know what grinds my gears? When there's a really cool fangame that I'm playing, and it's only up to the end of the first case...
(Ace Attorney fangame, of course. Crossed over with Touhou to boot!)
Image
Well? Are we going or what?
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

IAmTheWalrus wrote:
Sometimes people who worship companies piss me off. For example, people who think Nintendo's ass is beautiful, Nintendo is everything, therefore any Nintendo-exclusive game is good. The same goes for Sony or Microsoft fanboys. Stop worshipping companies goddamit! The company only cares about your money, stop kissing their butt. It is almost masochistic.



Eh I think its quite pessimistic to assume there is NO ONE in the gaming industry that cares about gamers. Especially in an age of YouTube and indie companies where devs are maintaining greater contact with their potential market.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Pierre wrote:
IAmTheWalrus wrote:
Sometimes people who worship companies piss me off. For example, people who think Nintendo's ass is beautiful, Nintendo is everything, therefore any Nintendo-exclusive game is good. The same goes for Sony or Microsoft fanboys. Stop worshipping companies goddamit! The company only cares about your money, stop kissing their butt. It is almost masochistic.



Eh I think its quite pessimistic to assume there is NO ONE in the gaming industry that cares about gamers. Especially in an age of YouTube and indie companies where devs are maintaining greater contact with their potential market.


For example, there's Yacht Club Games, who released a new campaign for Shovel Knight with a new playable character for free.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9877

You know what really grinds my gears as a gamer? Wasted characters that had potential.

Cheria in Tales of Graces could have been a great new way to show the childhoodfriend-with-a-crush-on-the-lead. Lack of contact between the two for 7 years has made Cheria decide to not sit around, mope and wait for him anymore. She decides to go out into the world and do some good as a healer. She's cold towards Asbel and yells at him for not contacting her for years, not even his family getting any note from him in those 7 years... and that's it. After that, she loses her personality and is only a goody-good mom to the team. And still ends up getting Asbel. Oh, wow, so happy to see that deciding to give up on an unrequited crush led to getting together with him, after all. It would have been such a nice, new way to do things. Not a pining unrequited crush, but actually deciding to become a good person on her own and not focus on being only there for Her Man.

Alternate Milla in Tales of Xillia 2 is worse. Succeeds in finishing her mission years ago? While fighting alongside Muzét? Sign me up, yes! I want to know what happened! How was their initial relationship, leading to them fighting together? How did Milla manage to get rid of Exodus so fast? What made her start up a desire to cook for other people? Exactly what attack was it that Muzét took for Milla and left her blind?
That's never explored.

Even better, she ends up in the prime dimension and is stuck there. No home to return to, she only knows the party... How does she react to this world? What does this think of the party's way of doing things: removing the schisms, all while stopping Exodus (despite it still having some rogue members), trying to find a new technology that replaces Spyrix for the good of both worlds and leaving Rieze Maxia and Elympios to learn from each other? How does she feel about being in a world that might be better than hers? Does this think that she could have done this, too? And what about her reacting to the Muzét in the prime dimension, who is so different from her own dimension's sister? They could have such a banter going on!

Nope! Ignore it! You get one short banter between Alt Milla and Muzét (basically saying, "My sister was much more refined") and one short mention of Alt Milla saying how she hates that Elympios is filled with Spyrix technology everywhere. That's it! She never questions herself about anything. All she does in the game is sacrifice herself (not a spoiler, it's made obvious from her initial appearance that this will happen - hell, the OPENING implies it'll happen) which does nothing but add Milla into your team... uh, yeah, thanks, you could have avoided that stupid thing by not creating Alt Milla. Oh, and a minor tension between Milla and Elle. Yeah, but that goes nowhere.

What was the POINT of this character, Bamco!? Why did you create her!? She adds nothing to the plot, because you won't let her! What, were you afraid that she's too interesting in comparison to boring-as-stale-ricecrackers Milla? Because that's what she is! She is a MUCH better character than Milla. I'd rather have HER in my party than Milla, who STILL can't talk with any emotion worth a damn in her voice. Fuck, MUZÉT is a much more interesting character than Milla. Why did you not make HER the lead of Xillia? At least then I'd have been able to laugh at things.

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

Blak The Great wrote:
Getting really sick of Nintendo taking content of games just to appeal to Western cultural views, and the amount of defensive fanboys that defend the practice by jumping to the "I don't like it/I don't care, therefore it's okay to take it out!" argument is extremely infuriating. Just because you don't agree with an OPTIONAL feature in a game doesn't mean you should blindly accept the practice of removing content. Unfortunately for people like me who actually enjoys all types of fanservice, ESPECIALLY the overtly sexy kind, our side will continuously lose out on quirky little features like Fates' "Face Petting" because of Puritanical western standards. And no, I refuse to cancel my pre-order for this fucking game because you have no idea how much work it took to secure a copy of the goddamned special edition. Fuck.

My gears have been thoroughly ground.

Blak, you know perfectly well something as lewd as "face petting" has no place in a Nintendo game.

Now if you'll excuse me, my Gardevoir's and Meloetta's chests are in need of some rubbing.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Getting really sick of Nintendo taking content of games just to appeal to Western cultural views, and the amount of defensive fanboys that defend the practice by jumping to the "I don't like it/I don't care, therefore it's okay to take it out!" argument is extremely infuriating. Just because you don't agree with an OPTIONAL feature in a game doesn't mean you should blindly accept the practice of removing content. Unfortunately for people like me who actually enjoys all types of fanservice, ESPECIALLY the overtly sexy kind, our side will continuously lose out on quirky little features like Fates' "Face Petting" because of Puritanical western standards. And no, I refuse to cancel my pre-order for this fucking game because you have no idea how much work it took to secure a copy of the goddamned special edition. Fuck.

My gears have been thoroughly ground.

Blak, you know perfectly well something as lewd as "face petting" has no place in a Nintendo game.

Now if you'll excuse me, my Gardevoir's and Meloetta's chests are in need of some rubbing.


Hahahahaha...I was reminded of that by the whole face-petting thing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Blak, you know perfectly well something as lewd as "face petting" has no place in a Nintendo game.

Now if you'll excuse me, my Gardevoir's and Meloetta's chests are in need of some rubbing.

Meanwhile, I'm over here sad that I can't touch best girl ;_;
Image
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

that looks nothing like tharja 2.0
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

Blak The Great wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Blak, you know perfectly well something as lewd as "face petting" has no place in a Nintendo game.

Now if you'll excuse me, my Gardevoir's and Meloetta's chests are in need of some rubbing.

Meanwhile, I'm over here sad that I can't touch best girl ;_;
Image


Hmm...I'd assumed "face petting" would basically be...well as said the face and neck area. Pretty much the shoulders and up. If you can rub that much of your soldiers...I can see why some people might take issue with that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

Pierre wrote:
Hmm...I'd assumed "face petting" would basically be...well as said the face and neck area. Pretty much the shoulders and up. If you can rub that much of your soldiers...I can see why some people might take issue with that.

Image
Face petting and "My Room" are different things though.
E: I lied. Looks like you can actually zoom the camera out, but you can't touch Camilia's chest for reasons. Still salty that it's an optional feature that it got taken out.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
that looks nothing like tharja 2.0

Gross.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.


Last edited by Blak The Great on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Japanifornia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Posts: 435

Blak The Great wrote:
Getting really sick of Nintendo taking content of games just to appeal to Western cultural views, and the amount of defensive fanboys that defend the practice by jumping to the "I don't like it/I don't care, therefore it's okay to take it out!" argument is extremely infuriating. Just because you don't agree with an OPTIONAL feature in a game doesn't mean you should blindly accept the practice of removing content. Unfortunately for people like me who actually enjoys all types of fanservice, ESPECIALLY the overtly sexy kind, our side will continuously lose out on quirky little features like Fates' "Face Petting" because of Puritanical western standards. And no, I refuse to cancel my pre-order for this fucking game because you have no idea how much work it took to secure a copy of the goddamned special edition. Fuck.

My gears have been thoroughly ground.


Puritanical western standards?! Pff... we have uncensored genitalia in porn!
Image

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

Slammer wrote:
Puritanical western standards?! Pff... we have uncensored genitalia in porn!

Western standards have very conservative views on sexual content in mainstream media, however I won't deny that as far as American advertising goes, we embrace it as much as we can to push as many products as possible. That being said, the porn industry isn't a media outlet that is aimed towards a wide age-demographic of consumers, silly.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Japanifornia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Posts: 435

Blak The Great wrote:
Slammer wrote:
Puritanical western standards?! Pff... we have uncensored genitalia in porn!

Western standards have very conservative views on sexual content in mainstream media, however I won't deny that as far as American advertising goes, we embrace it as much as we can to push as many products as possible. That being said, the porn industry isn't a media outlet that is aimed towards a wide age-demographic of consumers, silly.


It was intended to be a sarcastic assertion, but never mind...
Image

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

Blak The Great wrote:
Slammer wrote:
Puritanical western standards?! Pff... we have uncensored genitalia in porn!

Western standards have very conservative views on sexual content in mainstream media, however I won't deny that as far as American advertising goes, we embrace it as much as we can to push as many products as possible. That being said, the porn industry isn't a media outlet that is aimed towards a wide age-demographic of consumers, silly.


No Joke....apparently the Porn industry is making pioneering leaps into the new VR technology that is being developed right now.

That said I wonder what that stuff (the tech, not the VR porn) will be like when it finally gets here. Expensive as all hell from what I've heard.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

Pierre wrote:
No Joke....apparently the Porn industry is making pioneering leaps into the new VR technology that is being developed right now.

That said I wonder what that stuff (the tech, not the VR porn) will be like when it finally gets here. Expensive as all hell from what I've heard.


And once the VR platform gets labelled as the Sex Machine, I'm guessing a good chunk of consumers won't be getting it for their kids.

Also, NEVER buy first gen of new technology. Give it a few years and it'll tank in price as more competitors race to improve their standing in the race.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

Blak The Great wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
that looks nothing like tharja 2.0

Gross.

will Boobs Makenzie love you regardless of gender

no, no she won't

case = rested
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9877

Blak The Great wrote:
Slammer wrote:
Puritanical western standards?! Pff... we have uncensored genitalia in porn!

Western standards have very conservative views on sexual content in mainstream media, however I won't deny that as far as American advertising goes, we embrace it as much as we can to push as many products as possible. That being said, the porn industry isn't a media outlet that is aimed towards a wide age-demographic of consumers, silly.


See, this is one thing I do not understand about America. Oh, sure, they don't mind it too much if violence is going on in their children's shows but showing anything remotely considered nudity...! MAJOR PEARL CLUTCHING! Oh, god forbid, a nipple. Argh! A nipple! Cover thy eyes! (Despite, you know, even kids having them and seeing them themselves whenever they undress or take a bath)

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

Blak The Great wrote:
Gross.

Image
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

*swoons*
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Japanifornia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Posts: 435

CatMuto wrote:
Slammer wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Western standards have very conservative views on sexual content in mainstream media, however I won't deny that as far as American advertising goes, we embrace it as much as we can to push as many products as possible. That being said, the porn industry isn't a media outlet that is aimed towards a wide age-demographic of consumers, silly.


It was intended to be a sarcastic assertion, but never mind...


See, this is one thing I do not understand about America. Oh, sure, they don't mind it too much if violence is going on in their children's shows but showing anything remotely considered nudity...! MAJOR PEARL CLUTCHING! Oh, god forbid, a nipple. Argh! A nipple! Cover thy eyes! (Despite, you know, even kids having them and seeing them themselves whenever they undress or take a bath)

C-A


Look, honey! He's torturing that girl to death! Oh noes, a nipple is sticking out from her ripped clothes... turn off the goddamn television, Al!
Image

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

Blak The Great wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Gross.

Image



Now THAT'S the Tharja 2.0, get a lot of similar vibes from that facial design.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 924

CatMuto wrote:
Slammer wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Western standards have very conservative views on sexual content in mainstream media, however I won't deny that as far as American advertising goes, we embrace it as much as we can to push as many products as possible. That being said, the porn industry isn't a media outlet that is aimed towards a wide age-demographic of consumers, silly.


It was intended to be a sarcastic assertion, but never mind...


See, this is one thing I do not understand about America. Oh, sure, they don't mind it too much if violence is going on in their children's shows but showing anything remotely considered nudity...! MAJOR PEARL CLUTCHING! Oh, god forbid, a nipple. Argh! A nipple! Cover thy eyes! (Despite, you know, even kids having them and seeing them themselves whenever they undress or take a bath)

C-A

Yeah, I don't really get that either. I accept it, but I don't get it.

Of course, if this were during the 19th century, they'd probably have to cover children's eyes if a woman's ankles fell into view.

I'm not making this up.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4126

Blak The Great wrote:
Getting really sick of Nintendo taking content of games just to appeal to Western cultural views, and the amount of defensive fanboys that defend the practice by jumping to the "I don't like it/I don't care, therefore it's okay to take it out!" argument is extremely infuriating. Just because you don't agree with an OPTIONAL feature in a game doesn't mean you should blindly accept the practice of removing content. Unfortunately for people like me who actually enjoys all types of fanservice, ESPECIALLY the overtly sexy kind, our side will continuously lose out on quirky little features like Fates' "Face Petting" because of Puritanical western standards. And no, I refuse to cancel my pre-order for this fucking game because you have no idea how much work it took to secure a copy of the goddamned special edition. Fuck.

My gears have been thoroughly ground.

Despite my general hatred of fanservice, I agree. If the fanservice in question is optional and the game doesn't punish you for not bothering with it, I say leave it in. These days, my general view is that fanservice should be something players have the option of including or excluding. A good example that comes to mind for me is Summer Scramble from Awakening. If I don't want to see Cordelia in a swimsuit, I just won't order her to stop on that tile in front of the hut.

That said, if the fanservice in question would have led to an M rating, I can understand why NOA removed it. You have to play with the cards you're dealt, after all--though that doesn't mean you're forbidden to complain about the rules of the game while doing so.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

General Luigi wrote:
Despite my general hatred of fanservice, I agree. If the fanservice in question is optional and the game doesn't punish you for not bothering with it, I say leave it in. These days, my general view is that fanservice should be something players have the option of including or excluding. A good example that comes to mind for me is Summer Scramble from Awakening. If I don't want to see Cordelia in a swimsuit, I just won't order her to stop on that tile in front of the hut.


Face-rubbing wouldn't have raised the game's rating to M though. Nowhere close to the gloriousness of the Cordelia bust or dat Tharja booty ;~;

That being said. I am now salty over Nintendo not keeping Japanese voices for the Western release. It can mainly be attributed to the licensing disaster surrounding Azure's song which I totally get. Doesn't mean I'm accepting it.

Now I'll never get to hear the sexy breathings of Miyuki Sawashiro as Camilia, and instead, be disappointed by everything that's not Miyuki Sawashiro. Boy, with Fates having these many problems over stupid shit, I can only imagine what kind of a localized trainwreck #FE is going to turn into.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4126

Blak The Great wrote:
That being said. I am now salty over Nintendo not keeping Japanese voices for the Western release. It can mainly be attributed to the licensing disaster surrounding Azure's song which I totally get. Doesn't mean I'm accepting it.

Now I'll never get to hear the sexy breathings of Miyuki Sawashiro as Camilia, and instead, be disappointed by everything that's not Miyuki Sawashiro. Boy, with Fates having these many problems over stupid shit, I can only imagine what kind of a localized trainwreck #FE is going to turn into.

That is (mostly) why I try to avoid learning about the Japanese version of a game until after the North American version is out and I've played it. Otherwise, I just start worrying about every little thing that NOA might change.

Amusingly enough, I'm currently kind of annoyed at NOA over one of the things they did with Xenoblade Chronicles X. Specifically, I'm annoyed that I don't have the option of choosing the breast size for a female player character. The "standard" size I'm presented with strikes me as unnaturally big for someone as skinny as the female version of the game's player character. I imagine the removed the option so that players like you wouldn't give a female PC ridiculously large breasts, but it also means I can't give a female PC small breasts.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

General Luigi wrote:
That is (mostly) why I try to avoid learning about the Japanese version of a game until after the North American version is out and I've played it. Otherwise, I just start worrying about every little thing that NOA might change.

Dual-audio was in Awakening though, so you'd think NOA would keep that a feature for Fates. But it's kind of hard (at least for me), to not learn about features and then the subsequent cuts the localized version gets since I rely on Siliconera and Reddit to tell me things about weeb games.

Quote:
Amusingly enough, I'm currently kind of annoyed at NOA over one of the things they did with Xenoblade Chronicles X. Specifically, I'm annoyed that I don't have the option of choosing the breast size for a female player character. The "standard" size I'm presented with strikes me as unnaturally big for someone as skinny as the female version of the game's player character. I imagine the removed the option so that players like you wouldn't give a female PC ridiculously large breasts, but it also means I can't give a female PC small breasts.


Awww yes. Xenoblade X..... I still get made fun of cause I refused to get the game after NOA took away my boob-slider.

I'm pretty sure they took it out so you couldn't do the latter, cause you know. Lynn is 13, and by you making a PC with small boobs you're effectively getting around that loophole of having little girls in skimpy outfits. Big tits are okay though since it's a sign that you're well over 18. Kappa.

It's okay though cause after hearing that it takes forever before you get a giant robot I lost any semblance of interest I had left for the game. I just don't have time to sit down and play games, let alone JRPGs, anymore cause of adult responsibilities and suffering.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4126

Blak The Great wrote:
I'm pretty sure they took it out so you couldn't do the latter, cause you know. Lynn is 13, and by you making a PC with small boobs you're effectively getting around that loophole of having little girls in skimpy outfits. Big tits are okay though since it's a sign that you're well over 18.

That possibility had not occurred to me. I'm not convinced that that was their reason, though. After all, they could have restricted the outfits available to PCs with an underage base in that case--they did it for Lin, after all, and even then, I don't know if I'd call all the outfits available to her modest. Besides, considering that the game calls one of the female bases "young girl," the standard large breasts don't exactly have pleasant implications there, either--to say nothing of the implications of a "young girl" being in the standard revealing outfits when NOA supposedly wanted to prevent that.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9877

Blak The Great wrote:
Now I'll never get to hear the sexy breathings of Miyuki Sawashiro as Camilia, and instead, be disappointed by everything that's not Miyuki Sawashiro.


Considering I have been subjected to what is likely Miyuki's worst voice acting to date (Milla Maxwell in Xillia and Xillia 2), I think it'd be good to not hear her in games for a while. I don't know Cordelia, but after the lack-of-total-emotion-for-two-games (1 1/2, counting Milla Maxwell's appearance in Xillia 2, since Alternate Milla's voiceacting was okay) I think I would have a heart attack if I hear Miyuki with emotions again.
Then again, the voice acting was likely based on directions... still horrible.

General Luigi wrote:
Specifically, I'm annoyed that I don't have the option of choosing the breast size for a female player character. The "standard" size I'm presented with strikes me as unnaturally big for someone as skinny as the female version of the game's player character. I imagine the removed the option so that players like you wouldn't give a female PC ridiculously large breasts, but it also means I can't give a female PC small breasts.


My husband had the same annoyance with that. And what about average sized ones? Why do game developers NEVER think of moderation or middlegrounds? Nope! Breasts are either way too big for the waist or small, to the point that it makes the character look younger and makes you feel awkward about them being kinda sexy. (Not sexualized, but definitely to be considered of the age of sexual maturity) An annoying mechanic in a game is annoying or super awesome, but not in-between.

Blak The Great wrote:
Big tits are okay though since it's a sign that you're well over 18. Kappa.


Ahahahahahaha! Hey, Nintendo. You wanna come over here and look at my friend I had when we were both 12? The one who had BIG, natural breasts for a 12 year old? Trust me, she did not look 18 just because she had big breasts. Her behavior not withstanding, nobody would think she was of legal age, because of a big bust.

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

You know, a Mario game!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1943

I hate how people act as if censoring in RPGS is a recent thing. Final Fantasy IV and VI were heavily censored on the SNES, yet everyone still loved them! Even my favorite game of all time, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, was censored! In the Japanese version, one of the characters, Vivian, was transgender, but they removed all references to that in the US. If a change like that happened in a game nowadays everyone would get pissed off, yet nobody cares about it.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Japanifornia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Posts: 435

dimentiorules wrote:
I hate how people act as if censoring in RPGS is a recent thing. Final Fantasy IV and VI were heavily censored on the SNES, yet everyone still loved them! Even my favorite game of all time, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, was censored! In the Japanese version, one of the characters, Vivian, was transgender, but they removed all references to that in the US. If a change like that happened in a game nowadays everyone would get pissed off, yet nobody cares about it.


Maybe because, back then, players cared more about actually playing an RPG game (or whatever other genre of videogame), rather than complaining about little changes that don't affect the gameplay in any way.
Image

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

I'm pretty sure that has a lot more to do with the fact that a lot of people didn't really know how censored those games were back in the day. Information via internet wasn't nearly as widespread back in the mid-90's; hell, a lot of people didn't even know Square skipped three of the Final Fantasies until VII hit.
Image
Page 10 of 13 [ 508 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO