Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]

Pokkén Tournament - A Pokémon Fighting Arcade GameTopic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

Pokkén Tournament has officially been announced for release in Japanese arcades in 2015. It's being co-developed between The Pokémon Company and Bandai Namco. Here's a trailer.

It's arcade only for the moment, but given Bandai Namco's history with eventually porting their arcade titles to home consoles, and the fact that there's an English trailer, that would give precedence to a Wii U version somewhere down the line. Looks like an interesting concept at least, can't wait to see more of it.
Re: Pokkén Tournament - A Pokémon Fighting Arcade GameTopic%20Title

aka Ami <3

Part of me hopes it's just fighting types (so I could play as Primate, Hitmonchan/lee/top, Poliwrath, Blaziken, Emboar, Breloom (see how that awkward guy even punches), Medicham, etc. Part of me hopes it includes all types of Pokemon for awesomeness reasons.

Gettin' Old!

Maining Machamp!

Also wow that title must be a pun on Tekken! :gant:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Gardevoir lover

I'm maining Blaziken! Because we all know he's gonna be there,

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

The Chocolateholic of CR

Everybody knows when it comes to fighting Lucario will win. I mean he is an expert at it. He can send pokemon flying with Aura.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Do you see the black one...or the white?

If it includes all types, totally calling dibs on Magikarp and Metapod.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gardevoir lover

I expect Gardevoir and Lopunny to be playable characters, you got to have the obligatory fanservice characters in a japanese fighting game.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Gettin' Old!

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I expect Gardevoir and Lopunny to be playable characters, you got to have the obligatory fanservice characters in a japanese fighting game.

Yeah but...how would Gardevoir fight in a martial arts tournament? Now Gallade! That I can see happening. Fighting in a ballgown just seems difficult.

Also interesting to see Mega Forms will be included, hope they aren't too overpowered though they'll probably just be like the "Devil" versions of Jin and Kazuya.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ace Explorer

Pierre wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Yeah but...how would Gardevoir fight in a martial arts tournament? Now Gallade! That I can see happening. Fighting in a ballgown just seems difficult.

But I'm sure it's been done somewhere. And at least we're not talking Mega Gardevoir - now that'd just look silly.
Well? Are we going or what?

aka Ami <3

Alonso Swift wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

But I'm sure it's been done somewhere. And at least we're not talking Mega Gardevoir - now that'd just look silly.

Yeah. That's why we don't have Peach in Super Smash Bros.

Gettin' Old!

Peach isn't a martial artist though, Namco does Martial Arts Tournaments, not just fighting game tournaments.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

aka Ami <3

What about DoA (where outfits are either over-elaborate to the point of silliness or held together by spirit gum and the wish to not have a higher-than-m rating), Rumble Roses (where the outfits are even more impractical in most case), or Tekken itself (Heihachi dons... I forget what it's called, but it looks like it can be easily undone).

Gettin' Old!

genodragon1 wrote:
What about DoA (where outfits are either over-elaborate to the point of silliness or held together by spirit gum and the wish to not have a higher-than-m rating), Rumble Roses (where the outfits are even more impractical in most case), or Tekken itself (Heihachi dons... I forget what it's called, but it looks like it can be easily undone).

Well...it's not that those outfits are appropriate for combat (or anything really) but they allow for freedom of movement that martial arts requires whereas a ballgown doesn't.

Plus considering the original source: In a Martial Arts tournament Gardevoir is not a physical pokémon. Sure I'd buy it in a Street Fighter Pokémon game where magic spells and ranged attacks are pretty much on every character but this is a Tekken equivalent, which only included ranged attacks in an EXTREMELY minor form as an aspect of weapons you could put on characters or on "Boss" characters like Jinpatchi and the Devil and Ogre and all that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:

Well...it's not that those outfits are appropriate for combat (or anything really) but they allow for freedom of movement that martial arts requires whereas a ballgown doesn't.

Plus considering the original source: In a Martial Arts tournament Gardevoir is not a physical pokémon. Sure I'd buy it in a Street Fighter Pokémon game where magic spells and ranged attacks are pretty much on every character but this is a Tekken equivalent, which only included ranged attacks in an EXTREMELY minor form as an aspect of weapons you could put on characters or on "Boss" characters like Jinpatchi and the Devil and Ogre and all that.

True, but a pokemon like Gardevoir could have physical attacks reinforced through her physic powers or something. With a little imagination Namco could definitely put in some female non-fighting type fighters. Seeing as Namco is a Japanese company and the Japanese love their fan-service I'd say the possibility of Gardevoir making the roster is quite high.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station