Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

gba ?Topic%20Title

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

can anyone recommend a good gba jrpg/TBS game ? I am a final fantasy fan but already have 4 for the ds
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: gba ?Topic%20Title

For the Gameboy Advance? Mhh... well, not an RPG but maybe Legend of Zelda Minish Cap, if you enjoy adventure games enough. I would also suggest the Shin Megami Tensei games on the GBA but those were never released outside of japan and far as I know, they also do not have any potential fan translations floating around.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 & 2. Not exactly typical JRPGs in that the combat is real time, and the story is rather lighthearted and comical. It's not necessary to play one in order to understand the other.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Pierre your sig "You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute."

Which AA game is that from as been trying to find out and cannot remember :(
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

CatMuto wrote:
For the Gameboy Advance? Mhh... well, not an RPG but maybe Legend of Zelda Minish Cap, if you enjoy adventure games enough. I would also suggest the Shin Megami Tensei games on the GBA but those were never released outside of japan and far as I know, they also do not have any potential fan translations floating around.

C-A

Minish Cap is mah jam. :rock'n:
The execution rests, Your Honor.

Gettin' Old!

davech1987 wrote:
Pierre your sig "You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute."

Which AA game is that from as been trying to find out and cannot remember :(

Its not from an AA game that's why. Just thought it went with the picture.

(In my head its an alternate universe where lawyers are required to battle witnesses and prosecution physically in court to find the truth and the game plays more like a jrpg.)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

wow it is very good I thought it was from a AA games like a final breakdown line or something kudos :)

Gettin' Old!

davech1987 wrote:
wow it is very good I thought it was from a AA games like a final breakdown line or something kudos :)

D'aww you're great too Davech :sillytrucy:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I believe you can get Final Fantasy V and VI for GBA. Other than that, I don't know for sure what else there might be.

One game series you might enjoy would be MegaMan Battle Network (I recommend playing the 3rd one since it's very well polished). The overworld kind of plays like an rpg, but the battles are a little different (watch a YouTube clip for a good idea of what those are like).

TheDoctor wrote:
I believe you can get Final Fantasy V and VI for GBA. Other than that, I don't know for sure what else there might be.

I was gonna suggest those myself, but I think the battle system is so slow in both of those games that the only way to really tolerate it is via emulator on the super nintendo and with the option of a speed up button.

C-A

Just going to say that I agree that you definitely should try the Golden Sun series.
Signature loading, please wait...

TheDoctor wrote:

One game series you might enjoy would be MegaMan Battle Network (I recommend playing the 3rd one since it's very well polished). The overworld kind of plays like an rpg, but the battles are a little different (watch a YouTube clip for a good idea of what those are like).

I do all 3 megaman star force games for ds from what i can tell the battle system on that is same as battle network plus may get battle network double team for ds which is a combanation of BN 5 and 6 from the gba anyway :)

CatMuto wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

I was gonna suggest those myself, but I think the battle system is so slow in both of those games that the only way to really tolerate it is via emulator on the super nintendo and with the option of a speed up button.

C-A

Is ff 6 advance as slow as the ps1 port :P

davech1987 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

C-A

Is ff 6 advance as slow as the ps1 port :P

I don't know, I only ever played the Gameboy version and gave up in the intro and the Super Nintendo one.

C-A

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

davech1987 wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

I do all 3 megaman star force games for ds from what i can tell the battle system on that is same as battle network plus may get battle network double team for ds which is a combination of BN 5 and 6 from the gba anyway :)

Fix'd

Where was I? Oh yes, just keep in mind that Battle Network Double Team for DS is only a combination of the two versions of BN5 on the GBA (i.e. Team Colonel and Team Protoman). It does NOT contain BN6 in any way, shape, or form. (although, you can get some interesting effects if you have BN1-5 in the GBA slot while playing Double Team; nothing major, mostly remixed battle music and a few new vendors with better chip prices).

That said, BN5 is one of my favorites, gameplay wise. I actually enjoyed the liberation missions, although some people didn't care too much for them. It's very much a YMMV thing (except CloudMan's liberation mission, everyone hated that one).

Storywise, they aren't that amazing. BN3 and BN6 had decent stories, BN1 and BN2 were passable, BN5's story was kind of pathetic in some cases, and BN4's plot just sucked skid plates. They're entertaining enough, but don't go in expecting the video game version of Citizen Kane or whatever is considered the pinnacle of plot nowadays.

Where was I? Oh yes, just keep in mind that Battle Network Double Team for DS is only a combination of the two versions of BN5 on the GBA (i.e. Team Colonel and Team Protoman). It does NOT contain BN6 in any way, shape, or form.

Oh I was thinking from memory guess it failed ^^;
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station