Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

Metroid Prime: Federation ForceTopic%20Title

Call me James

Okay, we need to talk. I've heard about and seen this game. While I admit it's not Metroid and it was pretty shitty for them putting the Metroid Prime title on it when it's clearly nothing like the series, the reactions have been wayyyyy too much. Been online and I've seen people going way overboard when it concerns this game.

I'm a big Metroid fan. Got every game under my belt and I know we need a good new Metroid game to revitalise the series after Other M aka let me write my own fanfic and make it canon 'cause I'm Sakamoto. THIS...wasn't what we needed. I get that. I'm aware of the situation and when I saw this title I was pretty cheesed too. And I know people go too far with everything, but damn. The trailer on Youtube has like...90%+ dislikes on it. And petitions to cancel the game with over 7000 already on it? People saying Nintendo are done? Saying they should actually go under because of this? The fuck?

I know Metroid's not finished as a series. There were large gaps of time between Super Metroid and Prime, and if we take out the Prime series in general, there's a large gap again between Zero Mission and Other M. Years separating each amazing game (well, *cough* let's uh..not include Other M in that :nick-sweat:). This is just another large gap we're in, everyone's just a bit more anxious after what happened with the last game and everything.

Thoughts about the game, and the reaction it has caused?
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"
Re: Metroid Prime: Federation ForceTopic%20Title

I haven't played a Metroid since the first game on the NES. The trailer looks whatever. I'm probably not gonna buy the game

I looked into things to see why there's hate, though. I guess fans were waiting for a new Metroid Prime for years and they basically got this, which isn't really a Metroid game. One commenter said it's like making Super Mario Galaxy 3 a tower defense game

Apparently the creator has been on the record saying he wants to make a Metroid Prime 4, though. And this game is a spin-off anyway

I'm a huge Paper Mario fan and I got met with one of my least favorite games ever a few years ago, and I was so fucking excited to see a new one announced at E3. Imagine my disappointment seeing it's a Mario and Luigi crossover. I'm not signing petitions to ban the game, though, even though it looks really average. I mean, at least the game looks like it has some of the humor back. I might even play a Mario and Luigi game to prepare myself for it. And if the game is popular enough, maybe that can convince Nintendo to release Paper Luigi on the Wii U (chronicling Luigi's adventure during the events of TTYD)

I've felt worse.

The trailer makes the game look like they just slapped the Metroid label onto a coop shooter. That said, I don't think there would be nearly as much hate if this went under a different name.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I honestly don't see why they couldn't just drop the "Metroid" portion of the title and call the game "Federation Force" or something. That said, at least this spin-off is actually a game, as opposed to the atrocity that was Rockman Xover, but I digress.

Hoping there's at least a good single player campaign.

The Real Human Being

>mfw people all mad over a new game
>mfw people not knowing what "brand awareness" is
>mfw getting a different perspective of the same universe is always a good thing
>mfw nobody complained when Halo ODST did the same exact shit.
>mfw everybody who's against the game needs to rethink their stand.
>mfw

I've felt worse.

DoMaya Blackquill wrote:

>mfw people all mad over a new game
>mfw people not knowing what "brand awareness" is
>mfw getting a different perspective of the same universe is always a good thing
>mfw nobody complained when Halo ODST did the same exact shit.
>mfw everybody who's against the game needs to rethink their stand.
>mfw

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

The Internet loves Hyperboles and Hating on Nintendo.

Honestly once E3 blows over I reckon people will stop caring about this hatred quick.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim

I agree. People tend to get angry about usually nothing when it concerns future Nintendo titles. However, the reaction to Federation Force is a bit... unnecessary to say the least. I mean, people created a petition to cancel its production. It's fine to be upset, but I honestly think fans are going far too overboard this time.
"I'm in lesbians with you" - Scott Pilgrim
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station