Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 5 of 8[ 296 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 


Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

How ironic

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1933

In the show they aren't called red and blue, they're called Ash and Gary! The manga and games are what call them red and blue!
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14002

dimentiorules wrote:
In the show they aren't called red and blue, they're called Ash and Gary! The manga and games are what call them red and blue!



That's true but one of the pre-given names in Pokémon red was "Ash" and in Pokémon Blue "Gary". It was enough for me to make inferences from that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

How ironic

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1933

Okay, I did not know that. Besides, the only Pokemon game I've ever beaten is XD, and I haven't played a main series game since Pearl, so I don't really know too much about Pokemon anymore.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14002

dimentiorules wrote:
Okay, I did not know that. Besides, the only Pokemon game I've ever beaten is XD, and I haven't played a main series game since Pearl, so I don't really know too much about Pokemon anymore.


Its cool man its no big deal.

That's just why I've always kind of resented charizard.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

I have played Pokémon a lot lately and watched other people play it and I don't understand why Charizard is so popular, either. Sure, it's a freaking dragon, but so what? So's Reshiram and Zekrom. I think Gyarados is also (based on) a dragon. Heck, Charizard isn't even dragon TYPE (I know Gyarados isn't, either) and his mega evolutions don't look all that cool, either.

Dunno if this is an unpopular opinion, but I overall don't care much for the Shiny colors for Pokémon. Now, some of them look pretty cool (like Rapidash's red flames turning purple-blue; Umbreon's red eyes and yellow stripes turning yellow and blue, respectively or Greninja turning black; Gardevoir in blue is nice, though) but most of them are meh colors. Majority of the blue ones get turned pink or purple... the pink ones get turned LURID GREEN (Espeon! Jolteon! WTF!?), some of the fire Pokémon's red-brown coloring gets turned a slightly lighter, more golden color, which is almost difficult to see...

I know that some of those originally came from limited palette in the older games, but couldn't they at least ALTER some of the colors? Like, don't make something eyesearingly green. Kids and adults don't like eyeaches. How about using... dark purple a bit more often for something? The red Gyarados is neat. How about a... dark green Swampert? A pale-yellow Sylveon with blue eyes? (Would be a neat comparison to the blue-yellow Umbreon)

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1559

Whitney's Miltank wasn't even difficult.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

sumguy28 wrote:
Whitney's Miltank wasn't even difficult.


Certainly wasn't. Especially not in Gen II, where Abilities didn't exist and it didn't have the ability to hit Ghost types with Normal attacks.

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

a knew jen ration of a polo

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 364

dimentiorules wrote:
I think Charizard is overrated. It's just a generic fire breathing dragon, why is it so popular?! When you compare it to a Dinosaur with a tree growing out of its back and a turtle with giant cannons coming out of its shell, it just doesn't seem as creative, yet it's somehow more popular than both of them!


I agree. Charizard is basically just a standard dragon colored orange. That's pretty much it. As a Pokémon, Charizard has never really interested me. That could be because my first Pokémon game was SoulSilver, but I don't know...
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Japan

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am

Posts: 117

CatMuto wrote:
I have played Pokémon a lot lately and watched other people play it and I don't understand why Charizard is so popular, either.
C-A


I think it's nostalgia more than anything, plus it got a big role in the anime, and was even on the box of Red and Fire Red…

CatMuto wrote:
Dunno if this is an unpopular opinion, but I overall don't care much for the Shiny colors for Pokémon.
C-A


Same here, I used to go ecstatic over finding a shiny Pokémon, but now it's like, "that's cool I guess." before I throw it in the box and never use it. I'd much rather use my 5 IV competitively bred Pokémon any time.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6914

lonechallenger wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Dunno if this is an unpopular opinion, but I overall don't care much for the Shiny colors for Pokémon.
C-A


Same here, I used to go ecstatic over finding a shiny Pokémon, but now it's like, "that's cool I guess." before I throw it in the box and never use it. I'd much rather use my 5 IV competitively bred Pokémon any time.

C'mon, it's all about getting a shiny pokemon with perfect IVs and a useful nature.
i really wish gen 6 didn't make rng basically impossible...
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

lonechallenger wrote:
Same here, I used to go ecstatic over finding a shiny Pokémon, but now it's like, "that's cool I guess." before I throw it in the box and never use it. I'd much rather use my 5 IV competitively bred Pokémon any time.


Personally, I don't care about competitive. I play the game and having 'perfect' IVs or so isn't important there. Heck, I barely ever bred in Pokémon games and don't care about it all that much. I think the only shiny I legitimately encountered was a Shiny Zigzagoon... which was cute! Orange-cream, looked neat. Also, golden eyes. And I don't mind shinies, I just don't like some of the color choices. (Watchog being purple-green?)

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title

Everyone = Guilty

Gender: Male

Location: Japanifornia

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 2:06 am

Posts: 26

AJ: AA and Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title

The man for your trials!

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Posts: 49

If I may give a bit of two cents on Pokemon, I can safely say that my least favourite Pokemon games are Gold and Silver, as well as their remakes. For one, I think Johto is the most boring region of them all, and don't find the areas memorable. Honestly, a lot of the praise you see is based around "Look, they put Kanto in it!", which pretty much shows that Johto can't stand on it's own. Lance is also my least favourite Champion, due to his HAX, and how easy you can just throw rocks at the Flying-Type Champion.(I don't care if he's flaunted as a Dragon-Type Trainer, his team is dominated by Flying-Types) Also, Red is overrated af, but at least he's better than Lance, with a more diverse team, even if the Pokemon he uses are the equivalent of him waving a hypothetical Kanto flag. It's kind of ironic, since Gold is my favourite Player Character, and Silver is my favourite rival.

Also, I can tell you that my favourite Pokemon League Champion is Iris. She has a cute design, with an awesome dress, is fun to battle, an amazing Champion theme, and I also found her to be really challenging, ending with only my Lucario standing, while his health was in the red.(And I had two Swords Of Justice with me) Also, I love her in the anime, and is my second favourite female travelling companion,(First is Dawn) and I find it hilarious when she calls Ash a kid.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1624

1.
I think AAA gaming is steadily reaching the state of modern Hollywood cinema. EA and Disney farming Star Wars and Sony making the first Marvel Superhero game as part of Marvel's new Cinematic Videogame Universe, meaning in a few years we'll have annual releases of Marvel Superhero games planned 5 years ahead and that one Spiderman game suddenly won't feel unique and I can't appreciate it because it comes with the baggage of 2-3 other Marvel games that probably end up using the same engine and same mechanics etc. I totally dig that little E3 trailer for it though.

2.
I don't think the new Zelda will be the ultimate Zelda. It tries to be complex but that's the opposite of the series' strengths IMHO. The more systems and RPG mechanics they put into it the more it shows that Nintendo can't really make games for a core audience as it seems unbalanced and certain systems are surely going to be redundant in the long run. What I loved about Zelda ever since I became a fan was its ability to create a nice story with great presentation and involve the player in a way so you feel immersed as you traverse dungeons and fight bosses along the way but then the narrative beats were the rewards. The catch was that everything was rather simple. It's like Ghost Trick in that every puzzle and every room in a dungeon had been designed to be solved in one linear way because that's how puzzles work, so really you had a one-way-trip through the game and the story itself was obviously linear too, but there was an illusion of freedom which created immersion through having hub areas and NPCs with optional dialogue and a handful of sidequests. I'm very afraid that the new Zelda: Breath of the Wild is going to try too many things and become one of those "jack of all trades, master of none" experiences because simplicity is key, but BotW doesn't seem to go that route with its "100 shrine dungeons!" and "open world" and in how they're advertising the fact that you can now solve puzzles in mutliple ways but all they've shown is that you can manipulate physics like in Half-Life 2 and that's... it makes it too easy to exploit the mechanics.

I'm just really afraid I will pick up the game and just plough through it without a challenge and then be left with a serviceable story but none of the trademark Zelda moments which are the handcrafted dungeons with convoluted rooms and specific ways to solve puzzles, and the little handful of sidequests to be experienced. I'm afraid all potential for memorability for the game is going down the drain with all the "features" and extra systems they're creating, because as much as the world seems grand and there are so many little touches to the gameplay to change things up, I feel like I just played this kind of game with Metal Gear Solid 5, and that did not turn out well because the game was fun, but I basically remember nothing from it aside from that. It felt like it was lacking in heart and I fear Zelda will do that too, in no small part thanks to Hidemaro Fujibayashi's style as well. I just don't dig the whole technology aspect they introduced in Skyward Sword. I prefer Zelda sticking to a more medieval style or at best its Wind Waker vibe which was oozing with charm and had none of the obnoxious elements like robots or things saying "Authenticating... done" as if it's suddenly sci-fi.

Not to say I'm not excited; I am, especially for the Shadow of the Colossus-ness of its overworld (lots of quiet-time and empty fields) but dang if I aren't skeptical of so many things about it after E3's footage has sunken in more. Undoubtedly I'm going to love the first couple of hours of that game... but will I like it beyond that? Open-world games tend to reveal their true nature after you've played them for a little while because all the development time has been put into creating that overworld and all of its landmarks and NPCs. I hope the game is still full of surprises like every Zelda game before it has been.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

I can agree with you on the aspect of being concerned that the new Zelda (which I will not call Breath of the Wild, because that's a really fucking stupid subtitle) will be... too full. In fact, that was my immediate reaction when - months ago - Miyamoto went online and said that they will purposefully delay the release of the game, because they want to improve it and add things. I like Zelda, but I was immediately thinking that the game may feel... overstuffed, if they keep adding things.

It could lead to everything in the game being either on-par or sub-par, which will damage the game entirely. I'd rather have a 'less full' game, but with all of its aspects done really, really well - rather than a game that has X, Y, Z and Epsilon added into it, to give me lots of gameplay options, but all of them feeling "meh" because they spent so much time adding everything, they didn't take the time to polish it properly.

Though I have to say, I'm not expecting anything from the story. Zelda, for me, was never about the story. The story is Save The World/Princess and done. They can claim it has more in it and is more complex, but the plot is still the same, even if they alter the names of the things they call. (And I am also one who doesn't care what timeline it supposedly takes place in. I'm sorry, but unless knowing that actually alters the IN-GAME aspect, it really doesn't fucking matter.)

As for the overworld... I don't mind a nice overworld, as long as it isn't absolutely empty. Hyrule Field in TP was big and there WAS stuff to explore and find, like insects or caves and stuff. But it was so large and looked and FELT empty, that I had no desire to explore, even when I replayed the game for exploration. In turn, Skyward's sky was smaller, which I loved since it allowed you to traverse everywhere within 3 or 5 minutes, and had chests and stuff to find. Sure, the chests would only work once you attacked the appropriate cube in the fields, but still.

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 804

Is there a stigma against linear games? I feel like that's why sandbox games have been on the rise and the new Zelda has followed suit. I think linear games have their advantages in telling stories and linear challenges which complement the narrative like in Spec Ops: The Line and Ghost Trick.

I like the example with Ghost Trick's puzzles. If a puzzle designed to keep the protagonist from progressing can be solved in multiple ways, then that's not a good puzzle in the context of the game world. It's like a lock that can be opened with more than one key.
11037
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

I don't feel like Zelda is following suit in terms of sandboxing as it is more going back to its roots. The first Zelda was one of the biggest sandboxes in terms of gaming back in its day and getting to explore and visit any dungeon in pretty much any order was its main appeal back then. It's just from there that the series started to grow more linear as it progressed.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3537

this is relevant
Image
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 804

I wasn't even thinking of the first Zelda when I posted that. It seems that for the sake of story and conveyance the games became more linear.

That Egoraptor video is why I ended liking Zelda in the first place. I wanted to play the two games he compared to formulate my own opinion. I'm not as critical on OoT as he is, but I do think his points are valid. I liked OoT enough that Majora's Mask, A Link Between Worlds, and Breath of the Wild are on my list to be played in the future.
11037
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

MBr wrote:
That Egoraptor video is why I ended liking Zelda in the first place.


You mean the video where he stopped every few minutes to WHINE and COMPLAIN about Skyward Sword - a game that wasn't even part of the two games he was comparing? The one where he kept allowing his personal opinion on an UNRELATED GAME to distract him from what he actually was doing? The video where he said he was comparing the first Zelda game and Ocarina, but his constant complaining about Skyward Sword made it difficult to stay on track AND he ended up not actually comparing the two games?

THAT video? That's one of the few videos I disliked on YouTube (I tend to not like or dislike videos, unless I really enjoy the video - I rarely ever dislike a video) and that is a crowning example on how to NOT make a video about your opinion?

I mean, I get it. Not everyone likes Skyward the way I do. I can see what the problems are to other people - or even what I considered a minor thing to be a major thing to them. But Skyward had nothing to do with Ocarina or the first Zelda. He didn't even properly explain why Skyward is different from those two, during his complaining. He just complained.

If he wants to rant about Skyward, MAKE A SEPARATE VIDEO. Do not shove it into a video about a set topic. It makes the video quality suffer and makes YOU look bad. That's like if I were to do a review on... Tales of Symphonia and kept interrupting myself to complain about the problems I see in the Danganronpa series. Has nothing to do with what I'm actually supposed to be talking about.

As for the idea of linear games - I rather like it.
A linear game, as you say, allows for a coherent plot to be told and not distract you with sidequests. Sure, sidequests might be there, but are generally done later in the game, when I have the world open for sidequests since I only have the final boss location to head to, or are built in a way that I can easily complete them WHILE I go through the plot.

Sure, an open world may be nice, but it can lead to making the terrible thing of the plot seem less terrible.
Sorry, Meteor, excuse me, I'm trying to get a high score on basketball over here!

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

How ironic

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1933

I hate Egoraptor. I really do. He's just so ignorant and pissy, especially with his views on the Sonic series and how he refuses to acknowledge Colors and generations, saying that all Sonic games are as bad as 06.

On a related note, I actually liked Sonic Lost World. I thought it was a pretty fun game, and not deserving of all the hate it got. I also enjoyed Sonic Heroes and Sonic And The Black Knight, which were also pretty fun, if flawed games.

I liked Star Fox Zero. I don't think the motion controls are as invasive and unnecessary as everyone seems to think they are; they certainly don't ruin the game. The game is a good, fun Star Fox game, and I don't see why it's so hated.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14002

Yeah Sonic gets a crazy amount of hate. Its the "in" thing to do so don't worry about it too much.

Sonic heroes is good though I could never do the special zone well enough to finish it. Sonic lost world was totally fun. Sonic colours and generations are both pretty amazing (though I've not personally played colours).

Gonna have to disagree on Sonic and the Black Knight though.

While I found the world and how it used the characters great I felt the swordplay absolutely slowed down the game and was unwieldy. Though perhaps I just wasn't good at waggling the controller accurately.


Also Sonic Unleashed...didn't really get mentioned been its got some amazing bits in it. I feel of their 3D speed levels it had some of the best versions of that around.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3537

Sonic gets a lot of (possibly disproportionate) hate because the fans constantly insist the series is incredible when there's so many shit games in it

I'm sorry, but when a game series has like one good game for every five or six shitty ones, it looks a lot more like the good games are flukes than "the series in general is great, it's just a bunch of bad games dragging it down"


Quote:
I can see what the problems are to other people - or even what I considered a minor thing to be a major thing to them.

You've stated on multiple occasions that you don't understand how anyone had problems with the controls in SS simply because you didn't



Skyward Sword was brought up in the video to demonstrate how Ocarina (and to a lesser extent Link to the Past) started shoving the Zelda series into a specific formula that eventually led the series away from its roots.

The original Zelda was a wide-open world you could explore at will and you were only limited by your own skill.

Skyward Sword is a completely linear world that basically has no exploration elements and only lets you go somewhere when the game tells you it's time to go there.

It also added a ton of extra padding bullshit that only served to make the game longer than it needed to be because the mentality people have now is that if a game doesn't take 60+ hours to complete, it's not worth their money (thanks, FF7). Was it really necessary to have to go to the Isle of Songs, then to the Ancient Cistern, then back to the Isle of Songs, then to the Sandship, then to the Isle of Songs again, then to the Fire Sanctuary, keeping in mind that you're not doing anything at the Isle on the second and third visits other than going to watch Fi's dance? No, it's just a stupid waste of time.
Image
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
You've stated on multiple occasions that you don't understand how anyone had problems with the controls in SS simply because you didn't



Skyward Sword was brought up in the video to demonstrate how Ocarina (and to a lesser extent Link to the Past) started shoving the Zelda series into a specific formula that eventually led the series away from its roots.


Only if they insist that their problems with the controls remain, even on multiple playthroughs. Skyward Sword was the first motion-control mandated game I played. Sure, I had difficulties at first - especially when it came to skydiving or doing the stab. But I learned it as I played through the game and the problem solved itself. I have no more problems with the controls.

But, say, complaining about... the swimming in Skyward. I liked it. I can see why others may not like it, cause it uses motion controls again, but I overall enjoyed that part. Some of the problems I agree with - the Imprisoned is an obnoxious boss that is not very interesting to fight past the first time, because it's basically the same battle for a second and third time. Ghirahim is a much better villain than... Demise; see, I had to take a few seconds to remember his name.

Needing to balance on tightropes... annoying. But minor to me. Bigger for others.

I honestly do not recall Eggy talking anything about Skyward doing anything but "COMPLAIN COMPLAIN SHUT UP, YOU ARE SO NOT FUN TO PLAY, PISS OFF, SKYWARD SWORD SUCKS BLA BLA BLA" I watched Eggy's video to see a comparison of first Zelda and Ocarina. NOT to suddenly talk about Skyward.

And even then, most of what he said meant nothing. It didn't feel like he was really comparing them.

Quote:
Skyward Sword is a completely linear world that basically has no exploration elements and only lets you go somewhere when the game tells you it's time to go there.


Aside from the one, supremely small, section of the sky that is only unlocked partway through the game, you CAN go to the entire sky whenever you want. As I've said about the sky before, you might not GET anything from certain floating islands to land on until a certain point of the game... but the same can be applied to previous Zelda games, where you couldn't get an item behind, say, a boulder or wall or a hookshot. So, Skyward was no different.

Quote:
It also added a ton of extra padding bullshit that only served to make the game longer than it needed to be


*coughtriforcehuntcough* And no, that part is STILL asinine bullshit in the HD 'remake'.

Quote:
the mentality people have now is that if a game doesn't take 60+ hours to complete, it's not worth their money (thanks, FF7)


Anyone who requires 60 hours to complete a Zelda game is, frankly, too stupid to play that type of game. I cannot think of a single Zelda game that I've read about or played myself that would ACTUALLY require anything remotely past ~20 hours to complete. 30, if we want to be nice.

And people who expect an ACTION ADVENTURE game to take the same amount of time as a ROLEPLAYING GAME are, again, too stupid to play those games.

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3537

Quote:
Only if they insist that their problems with the controls remain, even on multiple playthroughs.

"Play through the game multiple times and you'll eventually get used to the controls" isn't a good argument

Quote:
I honestly do not recall Eggy talking anything about Skyward doing anything but "COMPLAIN COMPLAIN SHUT UP, YOU ARE SO NOT FUN TO PLAY, PISS OFF, SKYWARD SWORD SUCKS BLA BLA BLA" I watched Eggy's video to see a comparison of first Zelda and Ocarina. NOT to suddenly talk about Skyward.

So he's not allowed to talk a bit about any of the other games in the series?

Also LttP is the third Zelda, not the first

Quote:
Aside from the one, supremely small, section of the sky that is only unlocked partway through the game, you CAN go to the entire sky whenever you want. As I've said about the sky before, you might not GET anything from certain floating islands to land on until a certain point of the game... but the same can be applied to previous Zelda games, where you couldn't get an item behind, say, a boulder or wall or a hookshot. So, Skyward was no different.

There's a pretty huge difference between a world where stuff is blocked behind obstacles you need tools to overcome and a world that's completely empty other than a few floating islands with nothing on them

Quote:
*coughtriforcehuntcough* And no, that part is STILL asinine bullshit in the HD 'remake'.

Have I ever claimed the Triforce piece hunt was anything but time-wasting garbage? Just because a previous game does something stupid doesn't give later games a free pass to do the same. In fact, later games should get less of a free pass on it since players didn't like that sort of thing the first time, so why do it again?

Quote:
Anyone who requires 60 hours to complete a Zelda game is, frankly, too stupid to play that type of game. I cannot think of a single Zelda game that I've read about or played myself that would ACTUALLY require anything remotely past ~20 hours to complete. 30, if we want to be nice.

I guess we can't all be gaming savants like Cat
Image
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

Quote:
"Play through the game multiple times and you'll eventually get used to the controls" isn't a good argument


I didn't say you have to play multiple times to get the controls, I'm saying that you learn them as you play. Heck, same goes with recalling the controls of a game you haven't played in a while! Just takes a bit of playing and you know what you have to do.

Quote:
So he's not allowed to talk a bit about any of the other games in the series?


Not if they A) do not actually have anything to do with the games he's put into the topic or B) his talking consists of nothing but BITCHING.

Quote:
There's a pretty huge difference between a world where stuff is blocked behind obstacles you need tools to overcome and a world that's completely empty other than a few floating islands with nothing on them


I don't know if you played Skyward (I cannot recall right now if you mentioned you had), but those floating islands do not have nothing on them. Majority of them have Goddess Chests or similar on them; those will be activated as you continue through the game and progress and others are only accessible if you progress through the game and get items to get past obstacles. How is that any different from TP's or Ocarina's locations?

Quote:
Have I ever claimed the Triforce piece hunt was anything but time-wasting garbage? Just because a previous game does something stupid doesn't give later games a free pass to do the same. In fact, later games should get less of a free pass on it since players didn't like that sort of thing the first time, so why do it again?


I agree on that, but I have seen too many people who claim Skyward (or another game's series) did something and yet conveniently forget that this exact type of thing happened in a game's previous series (like Wind Waker or Ocarina), but THERE it's apparently okay to do.

Quote:
I guess we can't all be gaming savants like Cat


Oh, for fuck's sake, how stupid are those people? Skyward doesn't even have the excuse of getting you confused on where you have to go!

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

How ironic

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1933

Please, you guys, can we get back on topic? The title of this thread is "unpopular gaming opinions", not "Egoraptor's Zelda video".

Anyways, I think Yoshi's Story is a main series Yoshi's Island game instead of a spinoff like everyone seems to consider it. People refer to Yoshi's Island DS as the second game in the series, it's not! It's the third game in the series, fourth if you count Yoshi's Topsy Turvy, which I don't know enough about to consider it a main series or spinoff. Yoshi's Touch and Go and Tetris Attack are spinoffs, Story isn't. The basic mechanics are the same, you eat enemies to turn them into eggs, which you then throw at other enemies, there's nothing spinoff about it!
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1559

Limbo's second half failed at maintaining the atmosphere that the first half built up.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 181

Well I hate the Metal Gear Solid franchise because I find it way too long and boring, I also dislike Final Fantasy, probably because I don't like the gameplay and the stories in the series make me want to blow my brains out with how badly written I find them to be (PS: I don't really want to kill myself over a video game's story)
Oh, and I really hate Bethesda as a company, their games are mostly good, I rant about Bethesda a lot to my friends, like at least once or twice a month, there's just so much to hate about their business model, even EA has a better business model, Bethesda works on a game, they hype it up because it's been 5 years since their previous game, then the trailer drops and the graphics look like something from 5 years ago, they're the exact opposite of naughty dog when it comes to graphics, anyway, when the game releases it sells millions of copies and everyone praises them, yet all their games are some of the buggiest most unfinished pieces of garbage I've ever seen, yet they still get praise, they also have day-1 modding support and unsurprisingly, fans fix their bugs and boring games FOR them, I love Skyrim, but if it weren't for the modders I would never have played the game again, and even after 5 years, they still haven't fixed most of the glitches for Skyrim, fans did that for them, modders also fix their graphics, their boring stories, and make the gameplay better, but I feel like that should be Bethesda's job, not the fans'
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

Out of curiosity, what do you find so badly written about the many stories in FF?

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 181

CatMuto wrote:
Out of curiosity, what do you find so badly written about the many stories in FF?

C-A

I don't actually find them to be badly written, they're just not the type of stories that interest me, I've never been a fan of fantasy stories that take place in a completely different universe so that's probably why, also, the writing is WAY too Japanese for me.
When I said badly written in my post I should have clarified that I meant that it wasn't my type of story.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Procrastinator

Gender: Male

Location: USA

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:47 pm

Posts: 324

I don't see what's so awesome about Final Fantasy 7. There are so many other Final Fantasy games better than it, in my opinion.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

I pretty much agree. For me, FF7 is pretty middle of the road in the series for me. It's not amazing, but it's not bad. It's just there.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

Kessler wrote:
also, the writing is WAY too Japanese for me.


*snort* Well, yeah. The company creating those games is Japanese, of course it'll have Japanese elements in all of its parts, even the writing. What about AA, then? No matter how much they try to deny it, it's still obviously very Japanese.

Quote:
I pretty much agree. For me, FF7 is pretty middle of the road in the series for me. It's not amazing, but it's not bad. It's just there.


I'm not even that nice. I pretty much see it as a badly-aged and horribly dated game that never did anything new. At least, nothing that hadn't been done in the previous FF games... and better, at that. Character death - Cid in VI was much sadder to me, heck, Tellah was sadder; Protagonist - I'd take Cecil over Cloud, any day, even if I don't care much for Cecil; Rest of Party - seriously, outside of Aerith and maybe Barret, none of the party members are actually important, they are just there... also, it led to the creation of Cait Sith.

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 181

CatMuto wrote:
Kessler wrote:
also, the writing is WAY too Japanese for me.


*snort* Well, yeah. The company creating those games is Japanese, of course it'll have Japanese elements in all of its parts, even the writing. What about AA, then? No matter how much they try to deny it, it's still obviously very Japanese.

C-A

xD, yeah, Ace Attorney is also pretty Japanese, but I have my limits in terms of how Japanese it can be before I just stop getting invested, I think the reason I love Ace Attorney so much is because the localization team did a great job with the way they localized the game, apart from burger noodles, everything sort of fits into a western world, same with other Japanese games that I love such as the Zero Escape series.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

Kessler wrote:
I think the reason I love Ace Attorney so much is because the localization team did a great job with the way they localized the game


Ahahahahahahahaha :will: No, please, don't make me laugh more, I think I'll puke. :will:

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 181

CatMuto wrote:
Kessler wrote:
I think the reason I love Ace Attorney so much is because the localization team did a great job with the way they localized the game


Ahahahahahahahaha :will: No, please, don't make me laugh more, I think I'll puke. :will:

C-A

But they did... they localized it very well
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14002

Kessler wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Kessler wrote:
I think the reason I love Ace Attorney so much is because the localization team did a great job with the way they localized the game


Ahahahahahahahaha :will: No, please, don't make me laugh more, I think I'll puke. :will:

C-A

But they did... they localized it very well


Disclaimer: Cat hates Ace Attorney and thinks it's stupid, only way she can enjoy it is by making constant Yaoi observations of the cast and mocking it constantly for her youtube channel.

You should know what you're getting into.


Also I'd agree with you for the most part though I think Case 4 is too embedded in Japanese Culture that there was no real way to localise it effectively and some of the nuances were lost on me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 181

Pierre wrote:

Disclaimer: Cat hates Ace Attorney and thinks it's stupid, only way she can enjoy it is by making constant Yaoi observations of the cast and mocking it constantly for her youtube channel.

You should know what you're getting into.


Also I'd agree with you for the most part though I think Case 4 is too embedded in Japanese Culture that there was no real way to localise it effectively and some of the nuances were lost on me.

Wait, but if cat hates Ace Attorney, then why she on court-records? That makes no sense to me... whatever, I agree with you on case 4, but the localization team did a good job of making it humorous so the whole case was pretty fun thanks to blackquill and nayhuta being hilarious in the case.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14002

Kessler wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Disclaimer: Cat hates Ace Attorney and thinks it's stupid, only way she can enjoy it is by making constant Yaoi observations of the cast and mocking it constantly for her youtube channel.

You should know what you're getting into.


Also I'd agree with you for the most part though I think Case 4 is too embedded in Japanese Culture that there was no real way to localise it effectively and some of the nuances were lost on me.

Wait, but if cat hates Ace Attorney, then why she on court-records? That makes no sense to me... whatever, I agree with you on case 4, but the localization team did a good job of making it humorous so the whole case was pretty fun thanks to blackquill and nayhuta being hilarious in the case.


A question I ask myself often.

Though I disagree...I was extremely displeased with Case 4 but I've already typed my thoughts on the case in detail in Case 4's discussion thread.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 5 of 8 [ 296 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO