Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 6 of 8[ 289 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 


Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Japanifornia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Posts: 435

Kessler wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Kessler wrote:
I think the reason I love Ace Attorney so much is because the localization team did a great job with the way they localized the game


Ahahahahahahahaha :will: No, please, don't make me laugh more, I think I'll puke. :will:

C-A

But they did... they localized it very well


Remember that the idea of turning Japan into an alternate-universe America came from a guy named Ben Judd, the head of the team that localized Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney back in 2005. Janet Hsu, the person who is in charge of the localization since PW:AA - Justice for All, was forced to keep the american setting to not break the consistency between the games.

But then again, by now the whole "we are in LA/the US" has become a running joke in the AA series.
Hell, even Capcom makes fun of it, so I don't think it has to be taken too seriously.

I mean, come on! Nobody believes Kurain Village or Nine-Tails Vale are "japanese-immigrant-founded american towns", or
Spoiler: SoJ case 4
that there's a rakugo school in Los Angeles.

Image

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 180

Slammer wrote:
Remember that the idea of turning Japan into an alternate-universe America came from a guy named Ben Judd, the head of the team that localized Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney back in 2005. Janet Hsu, the person who is in charge of the localization since PW:AA - Justice for All, was forced to keep the american setting to not break the consistency between the games.

But then again, by now the whole "we are in LA/the US" has become a running joke in the AA series.
Hell, even Capcom makes fun of it, so I don't think it has to be taken too seriously.

I mean, come on! Nobody believes Kurain Village or Nine-Tails Vale are "japanese-immigrant-founded american towns", or
Spoiler: SoJ case 4
that there's a rakugo school in Los Angeles.

I wouldn't even be surprised if there was a rakugo school in LA, here there's a ton of weird stuff, but yeah, I was referring more to the dialogue and not the setting, I believe Janet Hsu said that when she started localizing the games she had to make lots of changes to make references fit with Americans, and I'm sure the localization team for the first game did the same, that's why I find the localization good, other than that, the setting is fine with me because it seems like it would be a city near a bunch of mountains with nothing but forest behind said mountains, so I don't think it works as LA, but I think it fits as a city in Japanifornia if you catch my drift... probably not though, I suck at explaining my thoughts through text.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1535

Quote:
Wait, but if cat hates Ace Attorney, then why she on court-records?

Because C-R is a forum for people to discuss Ace Attorney, and not the unironic version of /r/aceattorneycirclejerk. Right?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 180

sumguy28 wrote:
Quote:
Wait, but if cat hates Ace Attorney, then why she on court-records?

Because C-R is a forum for people to discuss Ace Attorney, and not the unironic version of /r/aceattorneycirclejerk. Right?

I'm not saying you should love Ace Attorney to be here, you can dislike most of it, but I just feel like it's weird to be part of a community that is centered around a game series where pretty much every member loves that series, and being one of the only persons who's really negative about it, maybe it's just a personal thing, but I would find that to be extremely annoying to have 99% of people disagree with me
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9718

Kessler wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Quote:
Wait, but if cat hates Ace Attorney, then why she on court-records?

Because C-R is a forum for people to discuss Ace Attorney, and not the unironic version of /r/aceattorneycirclejerk. Right?

I'm not saying you should love Ace Attorney to be here, you can dislike most of it, but I just feel like it's weird to be part of a community that is centered around a game series where pretty much every member loves that series, and being one of the only persons who's really negative about it, maybe it's just a personal thing, but I would find that to be extremely annoying to have 99% of people disagree with me


Well, I keep myself away from the main AA-section of the forum, because I know I might devolve into rants about my problems with the game. If you check, most of my recent posts are in other sections or the random conversation.

I just think AA is NOT well localized. Nothing about it makes me believe it takes part anywhere else than Japan. The kotatsu table in 1-4, okay, that MIGHT be something that can appear in American households... but generally in an established sense that, yes, it's eastern and it's there for a reason. The entire system is a huge, exaggerated parody of the Japanese system - vastly different from the American one, so that already fails majorly.

And as Slammer points out, there are multiple instances and locations that are just so obviously Japanese. I mean, there's a reason I had the Ace Attorney Awkward Zombie comic as part of my sig at one point. As for the translation, I could've done without pun names (though I know that's a Japanese original there, still) and references to things that I don't get, even if I am from the west.
I didn't watch The Grid. Also, typos. Everywhere.

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Japanifornia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Posts: 435

Kessler wrote:
I wouldn't even be surprised if there was a rakugo school in LA, here there's a ton of weird stuff, but yeah, I was referring more to the dialogue and not the setting, I believe Janet Hsu said that when she started localizing the games she had to make lots of changes to make references fit with Americans, and I'm sure the localization team for the first game did the same, that's why I find the localization good, other than that, the setting is fine with me because it seems like it would be a city near a bunch of mountains with nothing but forest behind said mountains, so I don't think it works as LA, but I think it fits as a city in Japanifornia if you catch my drift... probably not though, I suck at explaining my thoughts through text.


Yeah, I get what you mean. But personally, I would've preferred if they had kept the japanese setting. Unfortunately, Judd made the mistake and then Janet didn't have any other choice than going on with the americanized setting.

Though, I really appreciated the general translation/adaptation of the quips and the puns.
Image

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Error 404

Gender: Male

Location: Get out of my room I'm typing!

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Posts: 500

Honestly E.T gets to much hate it's not even that bad. Only reason people hate it is because of The Game Crash of 1983.
Friend me on: 3DS: 0963-3569-2439 PSN: ZoomCraftGaming and Steam: ZoomBoom124
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 180

The Mechanic wrote:
Honestly E.T gets to much hate it's not even that bad. Only reason people hate it is because of The Game Crash of 1983.

I think that's a good enough reason to hate it, I mean it's not a good game, and it caused the crash, so it deserves all our hate, but then again, the crash did allow for the return of video games, and the return was pretty awesome, if the crash never happened however, maybe technology would be better, it's a pretty interesting subject, and all of it caused by one game... E.T
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Procrastinator

Gender: Male

Location: USA

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:47 pm

Posts: 324

The Mechanic wrote:
Honestly E.T gets to much hate it's not even that bad. Only reason people hate it is because of The Game Crash of 1983.


Ehhh it's pretty bad, dude.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Error 404

Gender: Male

Location: Get out of my room I'm typing!

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Posts: 500

Butz the Klutz 52 wrote:
The Mechanic wrote:
Honestly E.T gets to much hate it's not even that bad. Only reason people hate it is because of The Game Crash of 1983.


Ehhh it's pretty bad, dude.


I know it's really bad but there's way worse games out there like Action 52, or Big Rigs Over the Road racing. I mean Action 52 was a glitch filled mess and somehow it's all 52 games are glitchy and weird. By far the weirdest of the games is The Cheetamen. Big Rigs dosn't even work for one there is no gravity the truck goes the same speed all the way up the mountain and you can go a million miles an hour backwards. Also it's a racing game but your opponent never moves a inch.

The reason E.T is bad is also because it was programmed in 6 weeks and that was impossible in 1983. I feel terrible for Howard Scott Warshal the designer of this game. People tend to think it caused the game crash of 1983. There were verious other reasons. Like to many consoles unlike now where there are 3 excluding PC. But in 1983 they was 15 consoles to choose from. There was also a flood of terrible games. (Yes E.T's one of them but that's not the point.)

Honestly the worst game I think has to be Action 52 or Hong Kong 97.
Friend me on: 3DS: 0963-3569-2439 PSN: ZoomCraftGaming and Steam: ZoomBoom124
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 180

The Mechanic wrote:
I know it's really bad but there's way worse games out there like Action 52, or Big Rigs Over the Road racing. I mean Action 52 was a glitch filled mess and somehow it's all 52 games are glitchy and weird. By far the weirdest of the games is The Cheetahmen. Big Rigs doesn't even work for one there is no gravity the truck goes the same speed all the way up the mountain and you can go a million miles an hour backwards. Also it's a racing game but your opponent never moves a inch.

The reason E.T is bad is also because it was programmed in 6 weeks and that was impossible in 1983. I feel terrible for Howard Scott Warshaw the designer of this game. People tend to think it caused the game crash of 1983. There were various other reasons. Like to many consoles unlike now where there are 3 excluding PC. But in 1983 they was 15 consoles to choose from. There was also a flood of terrible games. (Yes E.T's one of them but that's not the point.)

Honestly the worst game I think has to be Action 52 or Hong Kong 97.

Where did you hear about all these shitty games xD?
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Error 404

Gender: Male

Location: Get out of my room I'm typing!

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Posts: 500

Kessler wrote:
The Mechanic wrote:
I know it's really bad but there's way worse games out there like Action 52, or Big Rigs Over the Road racing. I mean Action 52 was a glitch filled mess and somehow it's all 52 games are glitchy and weird. By far the weirdest of the games is The Cheetahmen. Big Rigs doesn't even work for one there is no gravity the truck goes the same speed all the way up the mountain and you can go a million miles an hour backwards. Also it's a racing game but your opponent never moves a inch.

The reason E.T is bad is also because it was programmed in 6 weeks and that was impossible in 1983. I feel terrible for Howard Scott Warshaw the designer of this game. People tend to think it caused the game crash of 1983. There were various other reasons. Like to many consoles unlike now where there are 3 excluding PC. But in 1983 they was 15 consoles to choose from. There was also a flood of terrible games. (Yes E.T's one of them but that's not the point.)

Honestly the worst game I think has to be Action 52 or Hong Kong 97.

Where did you hear about all these shitty games xD?


AVGN Obviously. (Starts humming the AVGN Theme.)
Friend me on: 3DS: 0963-3569-2439 PSN: ZoomCraftGaming and Steam: ZoomBoom124
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Swiggity Swooty

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding from responsibility

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:32 am

Posts: 509

Damn, I got a few unpopular opinions.


-Super Mario World was boring for me, and I've never gotten invested in it at all. I'd rather play SMB3 or NSMB any day of the week.

-Breath of the Wild looks great, but I don't think it'll be a great "Zelda" game. Mayby I'm just not open to change as much as others, but it doesn't look like the same mold I see in the other games that are some of my favorite games of all time.

-It's definitely good, but the original Ace Attorney is my third least favorite game in the series, only topping JFA and PLvPW.

-FNAF gets too much hate. It's also waaaay overhyped by the obsessed fanboys, but for $5 or whatever it goes for, it's not bad for an indie "horror" game. Ditto for Undertale, although it's vastly superior.

-Far Cry 4 is better than Far Cry 3. This is probably just because I played 4 before 3, so all the complaints about 4 being the same as 3 kinda flip-flopped for me. I thought Far Cry 3 was exactly the same as Far Cry 4, so I think 4 is better.

-I think Partners in Time is better than Superstar Saga, same reasoning as above.

-Fallout as a series in general is meh, not that interested in it from my gameplay experience.

-I liked the Great Bay temple quite a bit

-Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie aren't bad, but they're nowhere near some other 3D platformers. I'm not a huge fan of collectathon games, so that's probably why I don't like it. Doesn't stop me from being hyped for Yooka Laylee, tho.

-Grant Kirkhope's music isn't that good. Not my style whatsoever.

-I hope to all hell that Retro's next game is another DKC game. Favorite 2D platforming series, and Tropical Freeze is my favorite 2D platformer I've ever played.

-Shovel Knight is overrated.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9718

Thunder84 wrote:
-FNAF gets too much hate. It's also waaaay overhyped by the obsessed fanboys, but for $5 or whatever it goes for, it's not bad for an indie "horror" game. Ditto for Undertale, although it's vastly superior.


I've played indie horror games - and have watched AestheticGamer play indie horror games - that were better than those games AND were free. Can't top 'free' in the price range.

Quote:
-Breath of the Wild looks great, but I don't think it'll be a great "Zelda" game. Mayby I'm just not open to change as much as others, but it doesn't look like the same mold I see in the other games that are some of my favorite games of all time.


So... you prefer the same ol' same ol' game over and over and over again, because you enjoy the formula?

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

ケーキたん(仮)

Gender: None specified

Location: Fukuoka, Japan

Rank: Scanlator

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:40 am

Posts: 1383

CatMuto wrote:
So... you prefer the same ol' same ol' game over and over and over again, because you enjoy the formula?


For some people, there's no need to fix what isn't broken. Musou fans have been playing practically the same game for over 15 years.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Swiggity Swooty

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding from responsibility

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:32 am

Posts: 509

CatMuto wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:
-FNAF gets too much hate. It's also waaaay overhyped by the obsessed fanboys, but for $5 or whatever it goes for, it's not bad for an indie "horror" game. Ditto for Undertale, although it's vastly superior.


I've played indie horror games - and have watched AestheticGamer play indie horror games - that were better than those games AND were free. Can't top 'free' in the price range.



As I said, it's "Not bad". Not great by any means, but it's not as bad as people say it is. There's definitely better ones out there for sure, but I don't hate it.

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
-Breath of the Wild looks great, but I don't think it'll be a great "Zelda" game. Mayby I'm just not open to change as much as others, but it doesn't look like the same mold I see in the other games that are some of my favorite games of all time.
So... you prefer the same ol' same ol' game over and over and over again, because you enjoy the formula?


Well, yeah. Zelda is my favorite video game series, so if the formula keeps producing games I know I'll love, then I'll be very skeptical to them changing it. Don't see what's wrong with that.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 13976

Hmm? By my standards "Breath of the Wild" is a decided stretch on "same ol' game over and over again."
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9718

Thunder84 wrote:
Well, yeah. Zelda is my favorite video game series, so if the formula keeps producing games I know I'll love, then I'll be very skeptical to them changing it. Don't see what's wrong with that.


Hmmm. Strange, because I've played majority of the Zelda games and really only like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword - though I am fully aware that they, too, use the same formula as the other ones; so it somehow doesn't make sense that I don't like the others, when they go by the same aspects...

Quote:
Hmm? By my standards "Breath of the Wild" is a decided stretch on "same ol' game over and over again."


I haven't seen a whole lot of gameplay of Zelda WiiU (Jeez, that subtitle Breath of the Wild just sounds so DUMB to me), so I can't agree or disagree fully. But it does seem to want to do the whole "huge Hyrule field" thing from TP again, though probably with more to do and interesting aspects to it, that actually make it worthwhile.

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Swiggity Swooty

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding from responsibility

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:32 am

Posts: 509

CatMuto wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:
Well, yeah. Zelda is my favorite video game series, so if the formula keeps producing games I know I'll love, then I'll be very skeptical to them changing it. Don't see what's wrong with that.


Hmmm. Strange, because I've played majority of the Zelda games and really only like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword - though I am fully aware that they, too, use the same formula as the other ones; so it somehow doesn't make sense that I don't like the others, when they go by the same aspects...


I'd like to direct you to the part of the thread where it says "Opinions". It's quite the concept.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title

Game Dev

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:27 pm

Posts: 11

I actually enjoy the Draw system in final fantasy 8. it's relaxing, and if I draw all my enemies spells guess what they can't use. Also having ultima spells on disk one is just silly fun, as well as getting some of the legendary weapons in disk one <3 It's my favorite in the series.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:38 pm

Posts: 46

Panda Corp wrote:
I actually enjoy the Draw system in final fantasy 8. it's relaxing, and if I draw all my enemies spells guess what they can't use. Also having ultima spells on disk one is just silly fun, as well as getting some of the legendary weapons in disk one <3 It's my favorite in the series.


I don't like how you have to junction magic to your stats. It's pretty annoying. I also hated weapon shops. But FF8 did have my favorite characters
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 13976

edgey_poo wrote:
Panda Corp wrote:
I actually enjoy the Draw system in final fantasy 8. it's relaxing, and if I draw all my enemies spells guess what they can't use. Also having ultima spells on disk one is just silly fun, as well as getting some of the legendary weapons in disk one <3 It's my favorite in the series.


I don't like how you have to junction magic to your stats. It's pretty annoying. I also hated weapon shops. But FF8 did have my favorite characters


Worked fine for me. I usually hate magic in FF games since the magic users traditionally die easily and use a finite resource.

Being able to junction magic and never spend it worked fine for me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:38 pm

Posts: 46

Pierre wrote:
edgey_poo wrote:
Panda Corp wrote:
I actually enjoy the Draw system in final fantasy 8. it's relaxing, and if I draw all my enemies spells guess what they can't use. Also having ultima spells on disk one is just silly fun, as well as getting some of the legendary weapons in disk one <3 It's my favorite in the series.


I don't like how you have to junction magic to your stats. It's pretty annoying. I also hated weapon shops. But FF8 did have my favorite characters


Worked fine for me. I usually hate magic in FF games since the magic users traditionally die easily and use a finite resource.

Being able to junction magic and never spend it worked fine for me.


FF6 did an excellent job with the magic system. Not only did all the main characters( Except for one) have access to magic, they also had their own unique skills. And in my opinion, equipping espers to improve your stats at level up was so much better than junctioning magic which you couldn't use.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 13976

Pretty sure you could use it plenty...just it would have an incremental effect on your stats the more you used it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title

Game Dev

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:27 pm

Posts: 11

time for another one I think the next AA game will have the triad figure out what happened to Kristoph. Meaning because the locks are black they can now make it so he doesn't freak out in pain from getting his locks broken. Naturally Phoenix will know of the locks so he takes his collegues with him. Apollo to point out his tells to draw out information from him, and Athena to help him cope with what he's hiding. Why revisit this? I haven't played all of Spirit of Justice yet. I just started chapter 3 but I've been told it has a lot of Apollo in it and that's all I want to know about it really. I'm gonna beat it, but who else do we know little about? Klavier. We know he started his band early. What of his parents though? Are they orphans? What possessed to enter law? For Klavier one could argue it is to emulate his brother as he even mimics his hair style later. Hopes for a Gavin game staring Klavier maybe <3
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Swiggity Swooty

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding from responsibility

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:32 am

Posts: 509

Panda Corp wrote:
time for another one I think the next AA game will have the triad figure out what happened to Kristoph. Meaning because the locks are black they can now make it so he doesn't freak out in pain from getting his locks broken. Naturally Phoenix will know of the locks so he takes his collegues with him. Apollo to point out his tells to draw out information from him, and Athena to help him cope with what he's hiding. Why revisit this? I haven't played all of Spirit of Justice yet. I just started chapter 3 but I've been told it has a lot of Apollo in it and that's all I want to know about it really. I'm gonna beat it, but who else do we know little about? Klavier. We know he started his band early. What of his parents though? Are they orphans? What possessed to enter law? For Klavier one could argue it is to emulate his brother as he even mimics his hair style later. Hopes for a Gavin game staring Klavier maybe <3


Uhhh...is this in the wrong thread?
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:41 pm

Posts: 90

Thunder84 wrote:
Panda Corp wrote:
time for another one I think the next AA game will have the triad figure out what happened to Kristoph. Meaning because the locks are black they can now make it so he doesn't freak out in pain from getting his locks broken. Naturally Phoenix will know of the locks so he takes his collegues with him. Apollo to point out his tells to draw out information from him, and Athena to help him cope with what he's hiding. Why revisit this? I haven't played all of Spirit of Justice yet. I just started chapter 3 but I've been told it has a lot of Apollo in it and that's all I want to know about it really. I'm gonna beat it, but who else do we know little about? Klavier. We know he started his band early. What of his parents though? Are they orphans? What possessed to enter law? For Klavier one could argue it is to emulate his brother as he even mimics his hair style later. Hopes for a Gavin game staring Klavier maybe <3


Uhhh...is this in the wrong thread?


Yeah I don't really understand either
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 180

I think he meant to post it in the "GS7 Ideas" thread, something like that... otherwise it makes absolutely no sense.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:41 pm

Posts: 90

Yeah that makes more sense. But the post just seems so incoherent to me to be able to understand.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9718

Panda Corp wrote:
time for another one I think the next AA game will have the triad figure out what happened to Kristoph.


Why? Kristoph is a giant baby who threw temper tantrums and did shit because his poor widdle feewings were hurt. Why the hell should I give a flying shit about this character? He was boring as a non-villain. Hell, he was boring AS a villain! Why waste any more time on a character like that?

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

I'm not mad! I...I'm just angry.

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2777

CatMuto wrote:
Panda Corp wrote:
time for another one I think the next AA game will have the triad figure out what happened to Kristoph.


Why? Kristoph is a giant baby who threw temper tantrums and did shit because his poor widdle feewings were hurt. Why the hell should I give a flying shit about this character? He was boring as a non-villain. Hell, he was boring AS a villain! Why waste any more time on a character like that?

C-A


How else do you make an audience "give a flying shit" about a character? You give them more story.

Not everyone accepts that Kristoph's problems and motives are limited to that time he had his feelings hurt.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1535

Quote:
and references to things that I don't get, even if I am from the west.
I didn't watch The Grid.

The Matrix, actually, but I get your point. Sneaking in a bunch of references really doesn't add anything aside from making me remember that one thing just because. The only one I really laughed at was Phoenix claiming he's not a Time Lord in SoJ, if only because there's a WMG on TvTropes claiming that he is.
As a side note, constant references are my biggest problem with Life is Strange.
I say all this when I've probably abused constant references on this site.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9718

Jean Descole wrote:
How else do you make an audience "give a flying shit" about a character? You give them more story.


Actually, you do it by making them interesting to begin with. If you have an absolute jerk of a character, you have a very short amount of time to make him tolerable (or even likeable) to the audience, before they give up on him and don't care if anything happens to expand or improve. Take a look at posts of people complaining that they stopped playing Tales of the Abyss because they found Luke - who does begin the game as an insufferable, spoiled brat who is abrasive and doesn't know the simplest of world views (justified, but still) - too annoying to continue.
And, yes, the big point of Luke changing starts around 10-11 hours into the game, which is at the end of the first arc.

Though, I personally found Luke to be a good character. As said, he is a jerk, but I found all of his bad attitude was because of the way he was raised and the limited world he, literally, knew. He hasn't left the grounds of his home for ten years and is then suddenly transported far away. It's only about an hour before his big change that he becomes unbearable to me. And I write that up as a writing mistake... to me, it feels like Namco ended up realizing that, hey, Luke isn't THAT annoying to begin with; he's actually likeable in a sense and has good reason for being the way he is. So they just upped him to being self-centered, arrogant and blind to others because of the 'Ambassador' title.

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Swiggity Swooty

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding from responsibility

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:32 am

Posts: 509

CatMuto wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:
How else do you make an audience "give a flying shit" about a character? You give them more story.


Actually, you do it by making them interesting to begin with. If you have an absolute jerk of a character, you have a very short amount of time to make him tolerable (or even likeable) to the audience, before they give up on him and don't care if anything happens to expand or improve. Take a look at posts of people complaining that they stopped playing Tales of the Abyss because they found Luke - who does begin the game as an insufferable, spoiled brat who is abrasive and doesn't know the simplest of world views (justified, but still) - too annoying to continue.
And, yes, the big point of Luke changing starts around 10-11 hours into the game, which is at the end of the first arc.


Or you...you know...give them more story. I mean, look at Darth Vader. He was a piece of shit in the first movie, and by the end everyone felt bad for him.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

I'm not mad! I...I'm just angry.

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2777

CatMuto wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:
How else do you make an audience "give a flying shit" about a character? You give them more story.


Actually, you do it by making them interesting to begin with. If you have an absolute jerk of a character, you have a very short amount of time to make him tolerable (or even likeable) to the audience, before they give up on him and don't care if anything happens to expand or improve.


If you don't believe in second chances, sure.

Of course people will end up having a certain impression of a character. That doesn't mean they can't or won't change their minds down the road. As for the ones that don't... their loss.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title

The man for your trials!

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Posts: 49

Thunder84 wrote:
-Super Mario World was boring for me, and I've never gotten invested in it at all. I'd rather play SMB3 or NSMB any day of the week.

I thought I was the only one who felt that way about Super Mario World. I honestly just took the fastest route so I could say I had completed it.

Thunder84 wrote:
-I think Partners in Time is better than Superstar Saga.

Same. Superstar Saga was still a fun game, but I felt that Partners in Time had more interesting gameplay, and I liked it's style better.

While bringing this up, I feel like saying that I think Super Paper Mario was the last good Mario RPG. I felt Bowser's Inside Story was merely okay, then Dream Team Bros., I only played it for about 5 hours, and have never touched it since. Sticker Star, we all know how that went. After that, I've been just avoiding Mario RPGs altogether.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9718

Thunder84 wrote:
Or you...you know...give them more story. I mean, look at Darth Vader. He was a piece of shit in the first movie, and by the end everyone felt bad for him.


Urgh, I hate it when they make the villains - who I am supposed to hate - sympathetic. It's so overused these days AND keeps getting more times where their supposed reason for doing things has as good as nothing to do with their past.

C-A
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 13976

CatMuto wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:
Or you...you know...give them more story. I mean, look at Darth Vader. He was a piece of shit in the first movie, and by the end everyone felt bad for him.


Urgh, I hate it when they make the villains - who I am supposed to hate - sympathetic. It's so overused these days AND keeps getting more times where their supposed reason for doing things has as good as nothing to do with their past.

C-A


You see in my opinion you aren't just supposed to HATE villains. Like any character they can have many dimensions to them. Some villains we love to see, for me its especially the ones who really enjoy what they do. Like Kefka or Yuuki Terumi, guys who love every bit of what they do and have fun doing it are really enjoyable. I LIKE these villains as opposed to hating them. Their in universe actions might be deplorable but they can be charismatic and fun characters to the audience.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ready for action!

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:29 am

Posts: 59

-Shadow the Hedgehog is one of my favourite 3D Sonic games. I mean yeah the story and characterization of some of the Sonic characters suck and Black Doom is a laughable villain, but gameplay wise I really enjoyed it. Shame we won't be seeing the gun gimmick return for any future games.

-Sonic Adventure 2 is a great game. I enjoyed all the alternate gameplay styles.

-Chao Gardens are awful and should never return. I'd rather the extra dev time go to improving the game if possible or adding unlockables. Not spent on a useless tamagotchi game that doesn't fit the series in any way at all.

-I don't really find the original 3 AA games to be really that good. They're not really fun to play, they're really annoying and pretty boring.
Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 13976

Lhancat wrote:
-Shadow the Hedgehog is one of my favourite 3D Sonic games. I mean yeah the story and characterization of some of the Sonic characters suck and Black Doom is a laughable villain, but gameplay wise I really enjoyed it. Shame we won't be seeing the gun gimmick return for any future games.

-Sonic Adventure 2 is a great game. I enjoyed all the alternate gameplay styles.

-Chao Gardens are awful and should never return. I'd rather the extra dev time go to improving the game if possible or adding unlockables. Not spent on a useless tamagotchi game that doesn't fit the series in any way at all.

-I don't really find the original 3 AA games to be really that good. They're not really fun to play, they're really annoying and pretty boring.


:objection:

Sonic Adventure 2 being a great game I would argue is the majority opinion and not the unpopular one! :wall-bang:
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 6 of 8 [ 289 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO