Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 8 of 8[ 290 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Re: Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma (3DS/Vita/PC, June 28thTopic%20Title

Those were the segments written by Uchikoshi

*laugh track*

That makes sense. To be honest, I was more interested in the VLR characters than the newcomers, or even Junpei and Akane tbh.

Spoiler: ZTD
The bonus files this time around were pretty crappy. The Post-Payoff stuff feels so forced. Plus we don't even get one for D-Team

The ending was also kind of a strange cliffhanger even though it's the final game in the trilogy. We never get to find out if Carlos shot Δ or not

Δ himself was kind of a weak villain. Plus his (supposedly complex) motives don't even fit in with what we learnt of him in VLR. Pretty stupid if you ask me

Also, I found this gem on the Trivia section on the game's article in ZE wiki

Quote:
Once Virtue's Last Reward was released, Uchikoshi was told by someone above him at the company that his career was washed up and he would never ever get to make a sequel, so he should quit while he was ahead. In the end, he proved them wrong, showing the power of not giving up, perseverance and will.

How oddly wholesome for a supposedly objective wikis. I love it
A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?

Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore

Apologize to the funyarinpa!

Socot wrote:

The bonus files this time around were pretty crappy. The Post-Payoff stuff feels so forced. Plus we don't even get one for D-Team

Those ending bonus files felt cringey and amateurish. Like someone's first fanfic. Not trying to be mean, but that's what I felt by them. Like yaaay~ Everyone gets a happy ending~ Except for D-team, I guess.

Also, the Q-Team after ending made no sense. Even if they went back in time, it would be another history, so Mira would've still killed Eric's mother and all the events would've stayed the same in their history, so why even bother? Was it to clear Mira's conscience? She still committed the crimes and couldn't undo them. Besides, the real her would've just stayed behind in their history anyway, so she's just going to get in even more trouble for breaking out of prison. I don't understand what they were thinking with that one.

I finished the game a year ago, practically to the date, so my memory isn't the absolute best to talk about it. But I remember I liked the game, but the ending was ridiculously flat and
Spoiler:
Delta
was definitely worst Zero. And I thought Akane was severely disappointing and too different from how she was in 999 and VLR.

Considering how much it was put-off, the fact that Uchikoshi had to go a different company, other random people had to write the scenarios for C-Team and Q-Team, and the budget was most likely very low (awful visuals with really bad framerate drops and color banding), I have a feeling that we didn't get the game that Uchi wanted to give us. If you look at the questions he answered after VLR, there are so many questions where he answers "That will be revealed in the third game, please look forward to it." Like
Spoiler:
What happened to Snake? Did he just search for Clover for years? What happened to Aoi? Was Alice actually All-Ice? etc.
But they weren't touched upon at all.

I'm grateful that the series got a conclusion, and I still honestly did like the game. Like, there honestly were great themes in it, and the Zero Escape feel was pulled off really well despite all the changes to the narrative; but I just know it wasn't truly what Uchi had in mind.

*laugh track*

I mostly agree, but
Spoiler: Whole game
Aoi is actually referenced in the game. He's one of the main men behind Crash Keys, and apparently he's going to be the first man at Junpei's wedding.

As for Snake, we already got a good deal of backstory on him in VLR Clover Ending. It's very likely that Clover was returned to him at the end of the game since the AB Project was no longer needed. As for Alice, she was just a red herring. That's it.

A great man once wrote:

OBJECTION!

I'm about half-way (?) through the game and it's "okay", it does have some good parts and
Spoiler: ZTD/VLR?
genuine WTF scenes like when Q takes his helmet off, and also one of the endings with Sigma and Diana... - but... I have a feeling Q will be Zero for some reason, maybe Q is something Sigma in VLR was working on

However, I really don't like the lack of interactivity from the player. The puzzles are good but the narrative lacks the sense of urgency or danger that 999 or VLR had, and half the time I feel I'm just watching a movie, not making any choices myself or playing a game.
Spoiler: Beginning of game
Dropping you right in the action at the start was a mistake imo. Being stuck with the same group of people with the "teams" and not mixing things up is a shame too

Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

*laugh track*

grim_tales wrote:
I'm about half-way (?) through the game and it's "okay", it does have some good parts and
Spoiler: ZTD/VLR?
genuine WTF scenes like when Q takes his helmet off, and also one of the endings with Sigma and Diana... - but... I have a feeling Q will be Zero for some reason, maybe Q is something Sigma in VLR was working on

Pretty much what I feel about the game.

Which ending are you referring to btw?

D End 1 or 2?

Quote:
However, I really don't like the lack of interactivity from the player. The puzzles are good but the narrative lacks the sense of urgency or danger that 999 or VLR had, and half the time I feel I'm just watching a movie, not making any choices myself or playing a game.
Spoiler: Beginning of game
Dropping you right in the action at the start was a mistake imo. Being stuck with the same group of people with the "teams" and not mixing things up is a shame too

Spoiler:
Oh yeah, definitely. Way fewer puzzles this time around than the other two games. It feels more like a sitcom here tbh. The start was so confusing too because it doesn't tell you anything. Like you said, it's rather tiring to just be stuck with three different groups of people. They could've done something better. I don't really remember if there's even a purpose to it other than to give suspense and stuff.

Anyway, continue playing on. I wonder how your reaction to /that/ twist will be. :viola:
A great man once wrote:

OBJECTION!

Spoiler: Sigma and Diana
In the 2nd D Team ending theyre stranded together with the transport pods, Diana becomes pregnant and has twins, and decides to send them back in time to 2009 (even though they were born in 2029).
She calls the girl Phi and the boy Delta.
Phi... hmmmm.

OH NO
OH NOOOOO

*laugh track*

grim_tales wrote:
Spoiler: Sigma and Diana
In the 2nd D Team ending theyre stranded together with the transport pods, Diana becomes pregnant and has twins, and decides to send them back in time to 2009 (even though they were born in 2029).
She calls the girl Phi and the boy Delta.
Phi... hmmmm.

OH NO
OH NOOOOO

Spoiler: Response
Were you a Sigma/Phi shipper? :p

A great man once wrote:

OBJECTION!

Is it safe for me to click on your response if I havent finished the game yet? :)

*laugh track*

Yes. Don't worry.
A great man once wrote:

Page 8 of 8 [ 290 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station