Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

CivilizationTopic%20Title

Hello! Hello! *squawk*

This thread is for discussing Sid Meier's Civilization series, and it's spinoff games, such as Colonization. Not sure if anybody else here plays them. Discuss preferred civilizations, leaders, victory methods, strategies, or pretty much anything related to the games.
Re: CivilizationTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Cultural Victory for life! It's just so satisfying winning by peaceful measures, on that note diplomatic victory is cool, especially in the later phases where you start ruling the council.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Cultural Victory for life! It's just so satisfying winning by peaceful measures

I'm all about that Military victory. Nothing's more satisfying than nuking civs that are still cleaning musket barrels.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Cultural Victory for life! It's just so satisfying winning by peaceful measures

I'm all about that Military victory. Nothing's more satisfying than nuking civs that are still cleaning musket barrels.

I dunno disarming an entire country with nothing but silk was pretty fun for me (done in the civ board game).

There's so many times I'm like "right power of science time!" And then someone starts trouble and I steamroll then with more advanced units.

Then I'm like "Hey...that felt pretty good..." And I press on with a just cause. Clearly this person is a tyrant who won't learn. For the safety of the scientific community they must be wiped out!

Then its done.

All of a sudden Other countries are like "how could you?" And their primitive minds just don't get it. I mean have we not been doing scientific deals? Why do they demand so much for those now? They are being so unreasonable. They are just poking me for war, unwise with their petty spearmen. Send in the tanks....

Then it ends with nukes and military victory.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Back in it, hopefully for the better

I've liked to do either a cultural or scientific victory. I tend to get stabbed in the back quite a bit though with some prime examples being Ethiopia in Civ V while I played as Korea. There was no animosity between us and what does he do. Send an entire army towards Busan and on to Seoul. Never picking Ethiopia to play with ever again!

Hello! Hello! *squawk*

I usually prefer peaceful victories such as domination (In Civ IV), diplomatic, or cultural. I don't usually go for military victories, but when I just happen to complete the Manhattan Project anyway, or a bordering Civ's military is ages behind mine, well things happen.

In Justice We Trust

I don't really have a preferred victory. In Civilization V, I tend to gravitate toward winning a Cultural Victory, followed by Diplomatic and then Technological. That's all a matter of playstyle rather than preference, though. As far as war is concerned, I try to stay out of it--though that's not to say I maintain no military forces of my own. There are only very specific circumstances under which I am willing to attack someone:
  1. They're being a jerk with city placement and founding cities deep within lands I consider to be rightfully mine.
  2. They're being a bully and repeatedly demanding tribute from or attacking City-States I've sworn to protect.
  3. They're being a monster and conquering pretty much everyone they share a border with.

I'll always love you, Max.

In Justice We Trust

Please excuse the double post; considering that I plan on changing the topic to a different area of discussion and the previous post is almost a year old, I believe it is acceptable for me to double post.

Let's see if we can get a discussion going with regards to Civilization VI. It's only been out for a month or so, but I'd like to call attention to one particular detail: the fact that the Greeks have two leaders. This suggests to me that we could see new leaders for existing civilizations in expansions and DLC, which I welcome. I loved that feature in Civilization IV, so I'd like to move the discussion to leaders and civilizations that we might want to see in the future. Just a few I'd like to see:
  • Ivan the Terrible of Russia: Despite being well-known, poor Vanya has never gotten any attention in actual Civilization games except as a Great General. His centralization of Russia and conquest of Kazan played a major role in Russia's eventual transition from an obscure eastern kingdom to a great power.
  • Sundiata of Mali: Musa I is somewhat well-known thanks to Civilization IV. Sundiata was the first Mansa of Mali and was of the same dynasty (the Keita Dynasty) as Musa I. Sundiata is a bit of a Gilgamesh-like figure in that accounts of his reign mix history with legend. The Epic of Sundiata was required reading for one of my classes in college, so I have a bit of a soft spot for him and his nation.
  • Abbas the Great of Persia: While I mean no disrespect to the Achaemenids and other pre-Islamic dynasties, Persian history does not end with the spread of Islam; there are a great many rulers (such as Abbas) who could be chosen to represent the Persia that rose from the ashes of the Mongol conquests.
  • Akbar the Great and Ashoka of India: Nothing against Gandhi, but a nod to a programming mistake in Civilization I isn't a good excuse to ignore other great Indian rulers. Ashoka has made an appearance in Civilization IV and is a good representative of early India. As for Akbar the Great, he's widely seen as the greatest of the Mughal Emperors.
  • Constantine of Rome/Byzantium: Which civilization he should represent is beyond me, but considering his role in preserving the Roman Empire, to say nothing of his role in the spread of Christianity, I think Constantine deserves an invitation to the party.
  • Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, and/or Ali of Arabia: For what I imagine are well-known reasons, I doubt Muhammad will ever be a playable character in Civilization even if the developers would have portrayed him respectfully. However, the four "Rightly Guided" Caliphs are also very respected. I like Saladin, but I also liked seeing Harun al-Rashid in Civilization V and would like to see more Caliphs.
  • Timur of the Mongols: Though he never styled himself Khan, Timur was the last great nomadic conqueror. I'm fine with Genghis Khan appearing, but I'd also like to see Timur.

I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

Greek gets two leaders this time around? I figured alternate leaders would always be the purview of steam mods.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station