Court Records
http://forums.court-records.net/

Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=31765
Page 1 of 7

Author:  Blademaster_Orca [ Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Arriving holiday 2016. See the announcement trailer here.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Author:  TheDoctor [ Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Looks interesting. I wonder if it's supposed to be an actual 7th gen game, or if it's still 6th gen like X/Y were.

Author:  Hanzo Shimada [ Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Well, I'm surprised. Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are official. At first, I didn't think they are the real deal, until I saw the announcement trailer for the games.

Author:  CatMuto [ Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Dude! GameFreak, I don't care what the cities look like. What do the player characters look like? Can I adjust their clothes or appearance? Will you retain the longer input of letters for names? Is the probably-necessary-to-appear villain team a huge improvement, compared to Team Flare?

C-A

Author:  Franzise Deauxnim [ Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

CatMuto wrote:
Dude! GameFreak, I don't care what the cities look like. What do the player characters look like? Can I adjust their clothes or appearance? Will you retain the longer input of letters for names? Is the probably-necessary-to-appear villain team a huge improvement, compared to Team Flare?

C-A

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Author:  ZoomBoom124 [ Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

When I first heard rumors of this yesterday, I thought it was fake but hey I quess I was wrong. But anyway I'm excited for Sun and Moon!

Author:  Klonoahedgehog [ Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

I'm more concerned with whenever or not it will be a continuation to gen 6's storyline, it feels like XYORAS was building up to something and it'd be a shame if there wasn't some kind of machine.

Author:  sumguy28 [ Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

What are the odds of this being a New 3DS exclusive?

Author:  Planetbox [ Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

The tweet calls Sun and Moon "the next era of Pokémon games", so I kind of doubt that it's going to be a continuation of Generation VI.

Author:  CatMuto [ Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I'm more concerned with whenever or not it will be a continuation to gen 6's storyline, it feels like XYORAS was building up to something and it'd be a shame if there wasn't some kind of machine.


What's there to continue in X/Y? Maybe AZ's story, but that would just prove how his story had more potential than Flare from the get-go. Nothing was really left... open. And ORAS? That felt pretty self-contained as a Gen III remake.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Dude! GameFreak, I don't care what the cities look like. What do the player characters look like? Can I adjust their clothes or appearance? Will you retain the longer input of letters for names? Is the probably-necessary-to-appear villain team a huge improvement, compared to Team Flare?

C-A

^^^^^^^^^^^^^


But hey! We can pick between 9 different languages to play in!

You know, between Sun and Moon, I'm probably more inclined to get Moon... can't say why.

C-A

Author:  Bad Player [ Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

They can always continue Gen VI's story in Gen VII--it's what they did for Gens I and II.

I'm not surprised that Sun and Moon are Gen VII, rather than Pokemon Z... but I am pretty confused now how Pokemon Z is going to fit into the whole release schedule and whatnot.

Author:  Franzise Deauxnim [ Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

sumguy28 wrote:
What are the odds of this being a New 3DS exclusive?

0%, the end of the trailer mentions New 3DS, 3DS, and 2DS

It'd be very, very stupid of Nintendo to make Pokemon unplayable on a 2DS anyway

Author:  Klonoahedgehog [ Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

CatMuto wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I'm more concerned with whenever or not it will be a continuation to gen 6's storyline, it feels like XYORAS was building up to something and it'd be a shame if there wasn't some kind of machine.


What's there to continue in X/Y? Maybe AZ's story, but that would just prove how his story had more potential than Flare from the get-go. Nothing was really left... open. And ORAS? That felt pretty self-contained as a Gen III remake.


You know, between Sun and Moon, I'm probably more inclined to get Moon... can't say why.

C-A


It's more with just Kalos overall not really the story itself.
Mysterious noises being heard in Lumiose.

The blocked off power plants.

The fact that XY's data seems to indicate that there should have been one more gen 6 game before gen 7.

The freaking ghost girl who shows up in both XY and ORAS!?

I need answers to these things dammit!

Also i'll probably end up getting Moon, mainly OCD because the other versions of Pokemon i have on 3DS are blue (AS X) it would stick out on my shelf if i got Sun.

Author:  Hanzo Shimada [ Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

I'm thinking of getting Pokémon Moon, just because blue's my favorite color.

Author:  Franzise Deauxnim [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Also Pokémon Bank will allow for Red, Blue & Yellow to send data to Pokémon Bank and be received into Pokémon Sun & Moon.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyK7T-7vCro

Author:  Klonoahedgehog [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

I am so excited for that feature.

Author:  Franzise Deauxnim [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

yeah can't wait for those no guard fissure machamps

Author:  Klonoahedgehog [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

The metagame will never be the same again.

Author:  Mister Gruel [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

finally

i can put Teleport on my competitive butterfree

Author:  dullahan1 [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Does this mean we can finally get Missingno. into the current competitive scene?

Author:  General Luigi [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

I've had fun designing regions of my own from time to time, so I'm looking forward to learning what part of the world the new region will be based on.

Author:  CatMuto [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Quote:
Mysterious noises being heard in Lumiose.


The what noises?

Quote:
The freaking ghost girl who shows up in both XY and ORAS!?


...what ghost girl?

Quote:
The fact that XY's data seems to indicate that there should have been one more gen 6 game before gen 7.


Well, this might have to do with XY turning out to be a bit rushed...?

Quote:
I've had fun designing regions of my own from time to time, so I'm looking forward to learning what part of the world the new region will be based on.


Hmmm, BW/BW2 seemed to be based on New York; Hoenn was likely based on Hawaii or tropical areas and Kalos is France-based... maybe a European area? I doubt they'll do something middle-eastern based, but it might be neat to see something like that. Mmhh, an Egypt-theme would be nice. Or beach-themed, but more like California.

C-A

Author:  Ash [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

CatMuto wrote:
Hoenn was likely based on Hawaii or tropical areas


Hoenn was based on Kyushu, the most southern of Japan's main islands (+surrounding islands).

Author:  dullahan1 [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Iirc, Gens 1-4 are all based off of various parts of Japan. It wasn't until Gens 5 and 6 that they started to base them off of other countries/areas.

As for the ghost girl in the Gen VI games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLgP1Iwmixs <--- Her in ORAS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyzrvfbw-VU <--- Her in XY

I'm kinda guessing the ghost girl thing in Pokemon has started to become some kind of running trend, though I'm unsure. I recall there being a ghost girl in the Gen 5 games as well on one of the bridges.

Author:  Klonoahedgehog [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

dullahan1 wrote:
Iirc, Gens 1-4 are all based off of various parts of Japan. It wasn't until Gens 5 and 6 that they started to base them off of other countries/areas.

As for the ghost girl in the Gen VI games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLgP1Iwmixs <--- Her in ORAS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyzrvfbw-VU <--- Her in XY

I'm kinda guessing the ghost girl thing in Pokemon has started to become some kind of running trend, though I'm unsure. I recall there being a ghost girl in the Gen 5 games as well on one of the bridges.

The ghost girl in BW actually had a bit of an arc though, she was foreshadowed in BW but you actually went to the play she died in BW2, f*ck you Darkrai.


CatMuto wrote:
...what ghost girl?


Did you not see all the discussions about the ghost girl when XY and ORAS were released and what the heck she's talking about?
Maybe the SUNMOON trainer will be "the one"

Author:  Mister Gruel [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

you guys need to get with the program its obvious who this ghost girl is

see she owned the old chateau in sinnoh with her butler, Jeeves, before Gardenia, her landlord, kicked her out. then she bought a house in the desert in unova and made up the darkrai story to commit insurance fraud before a series of lawsuits from the people trapped inside the house made her sell it and relocate to kalos. she lived in a lumoise city apartment for a bit but the rent was so high that she went to hoenn to live with phoebe until she "gets back on her feet"

truly the most deep and saddening story in all of pokemon

Author:  CatMuto [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Did you not see all the discussions about the ghost girl when XY and ORAS were released and what the heck she's talking about?


I didn't get XY or ORAS until at least a year after they released, nor did I spend time on any forum checking out their threads. :ron:
Also never encountered any ghost girl in my games.

C-A

Author:  Klonoahedgehog [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

CatMuto wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Did you not see all the discussions about the ghost girl when XY and ORAS were released and what the heck she's talking about?


I didn't get XY or ORAS until at least a year after they released, nor did I spend time on any forum checking out their threads. :ron:
Also never encountered any ghost girl in my games.

C-A

She's kind of tucked away in the side, in an empty building in Lumiose when you walk into one of the floors a cutscene will play where the music goes silent and a girl in black appears behind you, she floats in front of you before saying "Your not the one" and floats off.
A similar thing will happen with a character with the same model that's in MT Pyre in ORAS, she will say the same thing.
She's saying that the XY and ORAS trainer is not the person she's looking for, maybe the one in Sun and moon is the one?

Author:  CatMuto [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

I generally don't go out of my way in Pokémon. Especially not in Lumiose, once I unlock the botique. That place is obnoxious to traverse.

C-A

Author:  Klonoahedgehog [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

CatMuto wrote:
I generally don't go out of my way in Pokémon. Especially not in Lumiose, once I unlock the botique. That place is obnoxious to traverse.

C-A

Well that explains a lot.

Author:  luck [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

I think there's a huge chance that the ghost girl is there just to scare/troll people. They probably did it for the laughs in XY and since the girl became so popular, they added it to ORAS.

Author:  Klonoahedgehog [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

luck wrote:
I think there's a huge chance that the ghost girl is there just to scare/troll people. They probably did it for the laughs in XY and since the girl became so popular, they added it to ORAS.

But the other ghosts at least have a backstory, The lumiose ghost girl is just there.

Author:  luck [ Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

That's why I say it's there just for the scare. Maybe they ran out of ideas of how to fill the buildings in Lumiose (since it's so big), and they put a jumpscare. That's what I think, at least.

Author:  Planetbox [ Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

CatMuto wrote:
Hmmm, BW/BW2 seemed to be based on New York; Hoenn was likely based on Hawaii or tropical areas and Kalos is France-based... maybe a European area? I doubt they'll do something middle-eastern based, but it might be neat to see something like that. Mmhh, an Egypt-theme would be nice. Or beach-themed, but more like California.


There should totally be an Antarctica region.
Actually that's a terrible idea. I think an Egypt region would be pretty cool. Or perhaps a region based on China.

Mister Gruel wrote:
see she owned the old chateau in sinnoh with her butler, Jeeves, before Gardenia, her landlord, kicked her out. then she bought a house in the desert in unova and made up the darkrai story to commit insurance fraud before a series of lawsuits from the people trapped inside the house made her sell it and relocate to kalos. she lived in a lumoise city apartment for a bit but the rent was so high that she went to hoenn to live with phoebe until she "gets back on her feet"


That's canon actually. They confirmed it on April 41st last year.

Seriously though, there's plenty of stuff in Pokemon that they never explain. Like that writing on the back of the sign in Lumiose station. And then there's the greatest mystery of all, the mysteriously disappearing dancing people in Black and White. I doubt the Ghost Girl will be any different.

Author:  Klonoahedgehog [ Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Planetbox wrote:

That's canon actually. They confirmed it on April 41st last year.

Seriously though, there's plenty of stuff in Pokemon that they never explain. Like that writing on the back of the sign in Lumiose station. And then there's the greatest mystery of all, the mysteriously disappearing dancing people in Black and White. I doubt the Ghost Girl will be any different.

The dancing people in BW was more of a joke though...

And the things scattered in XY feel like they were deliberately put there to foreshadow future things. The strange souvenir supports this because if the Sun/Moon hawaii theory is correct then that just means they were planning sun and moon since 2012.

Author:  Planetbox [ Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
The dancing people in BW was more of a joke though...

And the things scattered in XY feel like they were deliberately put there to foreshadow future things. The strange souvenir supports this because if the Sun/Moon hawaii theory is correct then that just means they were planning sun and moon since 2012.


But when you think about it, it's really bizarre! A group of people who all look exactly alike, dancing in front of an main intersection without letting anyone going past! And while they're doing so, they all say the same thing, all foretelling their eventual disappearance, never to be mentioned on the game again! I refuse to believe that that was just a lazy, shoe-horned excuse to keep you from moving to the next area early.

Also, what do you mean by the strange souvenir? I'm not sure I've heard of that one...

Author:  Klonoahedgehog [ Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Planetbox wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:
The dancing people in BW was more of a joke though...

And the things scattered in XY feel like they were deliberately put there to foreshadow future things. The strange souvenir supports this because if the Sun/Moon hawaii theory is correct then that just means they were planning sun and moon since 2012.


But when you think about it, it's really bizarre! A group of people who all look exactly alike, dancing in front of an main intersection without letting anyone going past! And while they're doing so, they all say the same thing, all foretelling their eventual disappearance, never to be mentioned on the game again! I refuse to believe that that was just a lazy, shoe-horned excuse to keep you from moving to the next area early.

Also, what do you mean by the strange souvenir? I'm not sure I've heard of that one...


The strange souvenir was an item shaped like a tiki head you got by talking to a guy staying at the various different hotels throughout Kalos.

He goes on and on saying that his home region "Has a battle facility that'll blow your mind!" and "It has some beautiful waterfalls!" he also goes to say that the region isn't Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova. So it's gotta be Sun and Moon's region right?

Author:  CatMuto [ Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

Planetbox wrote:
There should totally be an Antarctica region.
Actually that's a terrible idea. I think an Egypt region would be pretty cool. Or perhaps a region based on China.


Well, I didn't mention a snowy area, because Platinum was already overly snowy... though a russian setting would be neat.

Quote:
That's canon actually. They confirmed it on April 41st last year.


Wow, must've been a kickass day, that I don't remember it existing. :will:

Quote:
So it's gotta be Sun and Moon's region right?


Or it's just some random talking that never actually means anything. An NPC in Tales of Symphonia refers to a flowergirl in the slums - clearly, a reference to Aerith. But she doesn't appear in the game, so whatever.

C-A

Author:  Planetbox [ Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
So it's gotta be Sun and Moon's region right?


Or it's just some random talking that never actually means anything. An NPC in Tales of Symphonia refers to a flowergirl in the slums - clearly, a reference to Aerith. But she doesn't appear in the game, so whatever.

C-A


Exactly. There are plenty of regions in the Pokemon world, so even though it would be cool if we went to his region, it could also be a ragion that we never go to.

Author:  Klonoahedgehog [ Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and Moon

CatMuto wrote:
Or it's just some random talking that never actually means anything. An NPC in Tales of Symphonia refers to a flowergirl in the slums - clearly, a reference to Aerith. But she doesn't appear in the game, so whatever.

C-A

Why is it that whenever you post something it always seems to be something heavily negative towards me?

Besides when they reference regions like this they usually bring up regions that we went too before, the fact that you have to go so out of your way for the strange souvenir makes me think it's gonna be brought up again in Sun and Moon.

Page 1 of 7 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/