Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 264 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

I've felt worse.

Quote:
In Abyss, you had some cutscenes, then got literally thrown across half the world into battles

No, you get thrown halfway across the world, see the Tartarus do stuff for one minute, then you go on the cheagle quest, you spend some time on the Tartarus, and then things start picking up. That took me around 2 hours. Berseria's intro is about an hour before the prison sequence. Xillia begins with Milla's mission... then spends like three hours building up stuff for later.
Quote:
On an entirely different note, why does Lailah get Miki's outfit for Idolm@ster?

Same reason Lailah's cameo outfit is Mint. I dunno.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
Quote:
In Abyss, you had some cutscenes, then got literally thrown across half the world into battles

No, you get thrown halfway across the world, see the Tartarus do stuff for one minute, then you go on the cheagle quest, you spend some time on the Tartarus, and then things start picking up. That took me around 2 hours. Berseria's intro is about an hour before the prison sequence. Xillia begins with Milla's mission... then spends like three hours building up stuff for later.
Quote:
On an entirely different note, why does Lailah get Miki's outfit for Idolm@ster?

Same reason Lailah's cameo outfit is Mint. I dunno.

But I got to do things and have a good balance of cutscene to battles to plot and to minor exploration.

Lailah getting Mint's outfit kind of makes sense... in that she is the very soft-spoken type of the group. I'm more wondering why Mikleo got Leon's outfit... or why Alisha gets Cheria's outfit (their personalities are nothing alike, same with their role) and Rose gets MILLA'S outfit from Xillia 2, of all people.

...on a different note, I think it would have been kind of cool to have Zestiria outfits available in Berseria. Like, give Magilou a Lailah outfit. Not only is it a nod, but would be a nice reference to Lailah and her dead voice actress.

An Enigma Among Humans

I picked up AC: Black Flag a few days ago, and I do have to believe what people say, it's probably the best Assassin's game yet.

I thought Magnamars were supposed to be difficult to find in Zestiria! I encountered one without even trying; I was just trying to get to that Gahada waterfall place. It killed me and I lost the entire process I had made since sleeping at the inn post-Sheperd-becoming. (That's totally on me; there was a savepoint nearby the Magnamar and I thought, eh, I'll save once I reach the waterfall area; I want to go to bed soon, anyway) Whatever.

So I unplugged my PS4 and plugged my Xbox in and started playing Fatal Frame II again, something I've been feeling like doing for a while now. I have played the Wii remake so many times, the Xbox controls are just so weird to me.

I've felt worse.

Lord Doitsu wrote:
I picked up AC: Black Flag a few days ago, and I do have to believe what people say, it's probably the best Assassin's game yet.

Eh, the pirate stuff is nice, but everything else just feels like I'm playing ACIII again.
CatMuto wrote:
I thought Magnamars were supposed to be difficult to find in Zestiria!

Magna what?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

OBJECTION!

Playing Trigger Happy Havoc (Danganronpa) and liking it a lot.

For such a depressing premise there's lots of humour in the game I think but
Spoiler: Chapter 4
It did make me sad when I got attached to certain characters - I felt so bad for Sakura - I mean, fuck :( She wanted to be friends and people didnt understand :(

I hate Byakuya, he's such an asshole and thinks he's superior :/

I dont want to go in the main DR thread in case of spoilers.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Happy Maria

It's probably my favourite DR game of the lot, though that isn't saying much. The cases are the weakest, but at least they don't directly steal from other mysteries for the most part.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the spoilers are tagged in the main DR thread, so you don't have to worry about those.

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
I thought Magnamars were supposed to be difficult to find in Zestiria!

Magna what?

Gay rainbow wolves. Level 19; my party was Level 9.

Finished the main story of TWEWY. That ending was...something. The game was great overall though, might have surpassed 999 as the best game in term of using the DS's features. I am still looking forward to post-game content, especially when it comes to clarifying the story.
Signature loading, please wait...

TWEWY might be the only Square Enix game I really LOVE.

The urban setting probably plays a large role in this. I love the game’s modern, electric, radio-friendly soundtrack and the despiction of Shibuya’s fashion/youth culture. And yeah, the story is amazing.

I don’t know why, but I’m beginning to notice some kinds of settings really bug me in fiction, mostly:

- Medieval-like settings (the Dragon Quest series being an exception for the most part)
- Any kind of setting which includes elves, dwarves, fairies, giant mushrooms, cute forests, this kind of shit. I haven’t even started to watch Game of Thrones because of this.

Besides Dwarves (as in an actual person with dwarfism, not the fantasy type.) Game of Thrones doesn't really have any of those things. It's mostly a medieval setting with some fantasy stuff, and the medieval part is portrayed in a darker way than most RPGs and such.
Signature loading, please wait...

Yabba Dabba Doo

Now that I'm (finally) done with Xenoblade 2, I can move on to the two games I got for Christmas: L.A. Noire and FFXV. L.A. Noire has been a joy so far (I'm about 4 cases in), and I have absolutely no idea what to expect from FFXV.

Ace Procrastinator

Persona 3 FES. I like it but I HATE the Tartarus floor bosses.

I've felt worse.

Dark Souls III, the Dark Souls of Dark Souls.
I've put off getting into the series for a while and only got this one because it was on sale. After only fighting the first boss, I regret not getting into the series sooner.

Fatal Frame II for the XBOX. The controls are still weird to me - and on one playthrough, I actually completely missed grabbing the Evade function. Got it this time around, though.

I'd also LIKE to play Doki Doki Literature Club as a game I go into blind... but haven't gotten it yet. I'm actually trying to avoid spoilers for it, though I have stumbled upon the news that there is a yandere in the game... don't know who it is, so no harm done.

Happy Maria

I've gotten back on an old favourite of mine-AJ. 4-1 might be my favourite first case in the series.

I've also started getting back to an old mobile game I was addicted to a few months back- KAMI 2.

In Justice We Trust

I've started playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'm still getting used to the new mechanics, but it still feels like a Xenoblade game. As for the plot, it's starting off about as well as that of Xenoblade Chronicles 1. My main issue with the game at the moment is that, as far as I've been able to gather up to where I last saved, a character's appearance can't change. Compared to XC1 at least having different-looking armor sets and XCX having "fashion slots," this feels like quite a step back. I've talked before about how much of a pet peeve sexual fanservice is to me, and while Xenoblade is at least a little infamous for it, I get the impression that this game is going to have even more of it than its predecessors. I'm quite pleased by the wider variety of accents in the cast, though. I'm not well-versed enough in the various English-speaking accents to catch all of them, but I've heard North American, English, and Celtic accents so far.
I'll always love you, Max.

I sort of semi-spontaneously grabbed Blue Reflection for the PS4. Chapter 1 and 2 are basically just a ton of cutscenes and some minor walking around, so as a 'tutorial' thing, it is a bit on the longer, boring side. But so far, chapters are short. And it's soooooooooooooo magical girl cheesy; it's kind of funny. I instantly did the Sailor Moon speech when Hinako first transformed into her Reflector state.

Yabba Dabba Doo

General Luigi wrote:
I've started playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'm still getting used to the new mechanics, but it still feels like a Xenoblade game. As for the plot, it's starting off about as well as that of Xenoblade Chronicles 1. My main issue with the game at the moment is that, as far as I've been able to gather up to where I last saved, a character's appearance can't change. Compared to XC1 at least having different-looking armor sets and XCX having "fashion slots," this feels like quite a step back. I've talked before about how much of a pet peeve sexual fanservice is to me, and while Xenoblade is at least a little infamous for it, I get the impression that this game is going to have even more of it than its predecessors. I'm quite pleased by the wider variety of accents in the cast, though. I'm not well-versed enough in the various English-speaking accents to catch all of them, but I've heard North American, English, and Celtic accents so far.

That’s a complaint of mine as well. Not being to change out of Nia’s mustard yellow jumpsuit sucks ass. Also, the sexual fanservice gets pretty blatant at certain points, although there are a few sexual-ish Heart-to-Hearts for a certain character that are funny as fuck.

I actually just started Xenoblade 1 myself, and it definitely feels...older. The UI is a lot messier and the combat feels stiff compared to XC2. It’s not bad at all, but that’s mostky a reflection of how much I love XC2. The story is great, and the voice acting is just as good as XC2. It doesn’t have the varying accents (Which is why I still prefer XC2’s dub) but Adam Howden is a fucking god. Way better than Rex.

CatMuto wrote:
I'd also LIKE to play Doki Doki Literature Club as a game I go into blind... but haven't gotten it yet. I'm actually trying to avoid spoilers for it, though I have stumbled upon the news that there is a yandere in the game... don't know who it is, so no harm done.

I wish I went into DDLC blind myself. I watched a playthrough blind, but it’s not the same. It’s one of those games that starts fairly slow, but if you push through it gets intense FAST. One of my favorite games from 2017.

Happy Maria

It's been 2 years since I've last touched it, but I've finally reinstalled Bookworm Advemtures 2 on my computer! Main problem is that it doesn't quite work on Windows, so I had to use Linux instead. But anyway, I forgot about how great the game is, as well as my talent for it. I really have had this game ever since it came out in 2009- almost a decade ago- so it does hold a lot of dear memories to me. I'll start properly playing it tomorrow, but I finished the tutorial level at least (which only took a minute lol).

Happy Maria

Got BA1 on Windows luckily. Got a no deaths run too. Incredibly proud of this.

I guess I'll post my overall scores below.

Spoiler:

Currently taking a small break before I try out BA2 because if I remember correctly, that one's even harder. Especially the final boss of that one.

In Justice We Trust

So now that I'm going through Chapter 8, I'm definitely inclined to think of Xenoblade Chronicles 1 as being better than its successor in the story department--or at least in the execution of said story. There are just so many clichés in XC2, especially in Chapter 7...

Spoiler: Chapter 7
Oh, boy, Rex just suffered a serious defeat and Pyra/Mythra has been captured. This must be the part when he gives up hope and plans on quitting, only for his friends to convince him to keep at it. Frankly, I wouldn't mind joining Nia and Brighid and striking the boy myself. I'm pretty sure his companions are the only people buying this "I quit" nonsense. Then again, it's not as if he regularly spews out those tired platitudes about the power of friendship, so maybe he really is leaving...

One quest for the not-Master Sword later...

So Pyra/Mythra is now a vegetative husk that's only nominally alive and has been stripped of all her memories while Malos is pretty much invincible. Well, I guess that's the end of Pyra/Mythra. Tough luck, Rex. Maybe you could find a new primary Blade to bond with and get Ship-Teased with? Maybe look into some way to revive Fan? She seemed nice (less fanservice-y, too), and thanks to that scene at the mural, there's already fuel for the ship... Yeah, I saw this next bit coming from a light-year away. How could anyone not see it coming? Of course Rex's devotion to Pyra/Mythra inspires her to come back right when everything looks hopeless. She even gains a new form, because apparently, Mythra awakening in a similar situation at the end of Chapter 3 wasn't putting this tired cliché to enough use. Well, at least unlike Mythra, this third form didn't need one of Rex's companions to die before it would surface...

I think the only thing in Chapter 7 that legitimately surprised me was that Pneuma's outfit is less revealing than Pyra and Mythra's outfits--it still shows some skin in odd spots, but substantially less than what Pyra and Mythra wear.

I'll always love you, Max.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Currently nearing the final boss fight in Xenoblade 1, and I have to agree with General that Xenoblade 1 has a better story. Xenoblade 2's story is great, and it gets really good at the end, but Xenoblade 1's story is just...amazing. It took a LONG time to start picking up, but every time I feel like I'm at the climax of the story, it just keeps getting more intense. Oh, and also...

Spoiler: Late game Xenoblade 1 spoilers
Fuck off Dickson, I wanted to like you. Piece of shit.

I haven't finished the story yet, so this isn't truly definitive, but overall I still prefer Xenoblade 2 by quite a large margin. Although the story may be better in XC1, I overall prefer the characters of XC2. They took a lot more chances. I mean, just compare them:

Spoiler: XC1 spoilers
  • Hero guy
  • Brash friend of hero guy
  • Girl wanting to avenge her boyfriend
  • Mentor to hero guy
  • Secret royalty girl
  • Completely random guy with almost no relevance to the main story, but still joins because he's that badass
  • Childhood friend and sweetheart of hero guy

Compared to...

Spoiler: XC2 spoilers
  • Hero guy
  • Former terrorist
  • Engineer who basically said "fuck you" to the laws of the world
  • High ranking army general
  • Outcast prince

While the characters in 1 get a ton of good development, the only one that really "stands out" to me is Riki. XC2, on the other hand, is so wacky, but it works incredibly well. Not to mention the 30+ blades that the characters can interact with.

The combat in XC2 feels much more fluid and rhythmic too. XC1 has solid combat, but it feels stilted sometimes. On the other hand, I can chain arts together in XC2 and feel like a complete badass. I also have had a much bigger problem with being under leveled and having to grind in XC1 than XC2. I never really had too many issues with being under leveled in XC2, and when I was the enemies provided decent enough EXP. With XC1, I've had to step out of the story in order to do some random sidequests or fight enemies for an hour.

Although I slightly prefer the setting of the Bionis and Mechonis over Alrest, I honestly cannot get interested in it. The world of XC2 felt a lot more...real, I suppose. I haven't actively done many sidequests in XC1, but in XC2 I was dead set on finishing up the big questlines and the blade quests. The soundtrack of XC1 is great (You Will Know Our Names and One Who Gets in Our Way being the highlights) but XC2's is just leagues better in my opinion. Not only is almost every god damn track fantastic, but XC1 has the annoying habit of interrupting it's own fantastic music with the much worse "Vision" track. There's been so many times where I was just getting to the electric guitar in YWKON, but lo and behold it switches over the vision track. Let me listen to the good music, dammit!

I still think Xenoblade 1 is a fantastic game. I'm completely absorbed in the story, and it's overall a really fun experience. I just think that, in general, Xenoblade 2 fixes almost every main issue XC1 had. Both are great games, and I'm excited to try out XCX next.

Also, fun little thing I noticed today: As I was leaving my school's parking lot, I saw a car with the license plate "Heropon".

EDIT: Well, I got to the final boss, and holy shit I can’t even touch him.

Spoiler:
Theres 3 phases of this guy? I can’t even beat one of the Guardians. I’m under leveled (77), but I’m also pissed that the game let me get to the final
boss so under leveled in the first place. If you’re gonna implement a point of no return so early on, you need to make sure the player is at a decent enough level to fight the final boss. I have no motivation to grind even more and play through the last 30-60 minutes before the final boss, so I may just watch the ending on YouTube, which sucks ass.

Happy Maria

T&T, Recipe for Turnabout. Forgot how fun this case was, even with its problems. It's one of the more memorable filler cases, next to 1-3 and 6-4.

太多時間

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3, and Monster Hunter: World.
Let us dye the world in despair, and bring a dismal end to this fairy tale.

I've felt worse.

Tomb Raider 2013.
Idk, I heard it was "like Uncharted." It's got the "lots of climbing" and "mass murder" parts down, though I'm fairly certain Uncharted didn't have this many quicktime events.
Also Lara has been running around with a hole in her side and her leg damaged by a bear trap, hasn't treated either wound, yet seems to be just fine.

sumguy28 wrote:
Tomb Raider 2013.
Also Lara has been running around with a hole in her side and her leg damaged by a bear trap, hasn't treated either wound, yet seems to be just fine.

Ohoho. Just you wait. She ends up drenched from rain. She ends up making a fire, but no implication that she takes off the wet clothes or dries them. If I wasn't convinced she would have died of her stomach wound (which bleed like crazy) within minutes of originally getting it, I'd think she's dying of hypothermia.

Happy Maria

Finished replaying T&T recently. 'Twas a fun experience. Going to start BA2 when I can as well.

I just got Apollo Justice and I'm playing through the first case. (It took me so long to get it because I wanted to wait for the hd remake to come out, and to have money to even buy it.)

Yabba Dabba Doo

Started my playthrough of Xenoblade X. So far it's...interesting? It's not at all what I expected it to be. I'm very confused on what I'm supposed to be doing and if there's any big differences in the combat system. It's hard for me to really get into it. It doesn't help that I'm nearsighted and the text is small as all fuck.

However, NG+ for Xenoblade 2 is coming out in a couple days, which I'm stoked for. I really want to play through the story again, as I've heard there's a lot of good foreshadowing. Plus, I can fight Akhos with Akhos. That's amazing.

Once I finish those up, I'm planning on getting Celeste and Night in the Woods, both of which I've heard are fantastic indie games. Hopefully this'll last me until the end of March, when Far Cry 5 comes out.

I grabbed the remake of Secret Of Mana.
And it honestly feels like a REmake. The graphics have been updated to the PS4, but its menu ring, game and battle mechanics, and even the sprites are the same as in the Super Nintendo version. On the one hand, that's really cool because it feels like you are playing the old game, updated for a newer console. Downside, it still retains the battle mechanic of having each attack having to go back to 100% before you can do full damage again, and retains the hold X down to charge your weapon up to Level X mechanic.
That was something I didn't like about the original version because it felt like it made the battles slow.

But it's still cool. The sprites are based on the Super Nintendo ones, but with more details. There is no lipsynching, just facial expressions. And yes, it's hilarious to see a character 'talk' while having a :tigre: face the entire time. The music has been remade and you can tell where the differences are... but if you don't like that, the game gives you an option for original soundtrack or remade one.
It also includes English or Japanese voice acting, and my European version offered at least 5 languages for the text. (I have noticed that one 'cutscene', so to speak, referred to Popoi - the redhaired sprite child - as 'they', to avoid saying whether Popoi is a boy or girl. Something I recall was a question in the Super Nintendo version, too? But he uses 'oira' which I am pretty sure is a very male pronoun. And was officially a boy, anyway.)

Speaking of voice acting... it's not bad. I just feel... torn about it. It's nice, but I kind of wish that the NPCs only had voiced lines when there was an important scene. Like the Elder talking when he banishes you, but otherwise being mute.

I like it. It's really sweet to play the game again, especially with newer graphics. I only saw a PS4 theme for download (so far), beyond the two costume sets you can grab from a code in your gamebox. (A moogle and a tiger-print set, with Primm having a bikini, of course) And it only cost 40€, in total, to buy.

PS: Fun fact, the minimap in the corner (if you have it visible) is basically the super nintendo version maps. Such a cute little detail.

The video game boy; the one who wins

I got a giftcard for nintendo e-shop for my birthday and got myself, amongst some other games, Super Mario Bros. 3. We had that briefly at home when I was a kid, I think we'd borrowed it from someone and I thought it was sooo hard (the first Super Mario Bros. was my jig). Honestly my clearest memory of the game from that time is the map screen blinking on the television and me just leaving the room.
Anyway, me and my little sister rotated that, Super Mario Land and the o.g SMB2/"The lost levels" on my 3DS when I visited. She didn't quite understand why I got so excited when I finally won the very first airship level because the boss fight "didn't look that hard" but man, after seventeen years it feels so epic to see Mario fall through the air with the wand in his hand to that sweet music.
Also, now I remember why I hate that stupid, angry sun in world two so much.
And thank goodness for the ability to save in these games in the 3DS version.
This week I think I'm gonna commit to Super Mario Land. I don't have any previous connection to that game so it's fun to see what it's like.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

I've felt worse.

Going for Miles wrote:
I got a giftcard for nintendo e-shop for my birthday and got myself, amongst some other games, Super Mario Bros. 3. We had that briefly at home when I was a kid, I think we'd borrowed it from someone and I thought it was sooo hard (the first Super Mario Bros. was my jig). Honestly my clearest memory of the game from that time is the map screen blinking on the television and me just leaving the room.
Anyway, me and my little sister rotated that, Super Mario Land and the o.g SMB2/"The lost levels" on my 3DS when I visited. She didn't quite understand why I got so excited when I finally won the very first airship level because the boss fight "didn't look that hard" but man, after seventeen years it feels so epic to see Mario fall through the air with the wand in his hand to that sweet music.
Also, now I remember why I hate that stupid, angry sun in world two so much.
And thank goodness for the ability to save in these games in the 3DS version.
This week I think I'm gonna commit to Super Mario Land. I don't have any previous connection to that game so it's fun to see what it's like.

Man, I have fond memories of 100%-ing the GBA version of that game... and maxing out the score at 9999990.
And yes, I remember that stupid sun. IIRC, you could kill it with a Koopa shell.

The video game boy; the one who wins

That's impressive!
Haha, damn. I thought it was unkillable. At least the way it moves is predictable, but it's so annoying xD
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Secret of Mana PS4 remake.
I. Am. EXHAUSTED! Oh my god, I spent, like, the last... let's say 5-7 HOURS preparing to Platinum the game! (And that doesn't include the few hours yesterday, to get the Pure Land exclusive drops.) Grinding Primm's magic to Level 8 is okay. The Wind Palace remains the best place for that, as it keeps the weapons out and you have free healing right next to you. But Popoi's magic... so, I got the "All Magic At Level 8" trophy done. And the rare drop equipment from enemies... and the Level 9 Orbs... I tell you one thing, if the RNG for those drops was the same in the Super Nintendo version, OF COURSE I never went for that! Oh my God, I had to kill those fucking enemies soooooo maaaaaany tiiiiimes...! (Including the game crashing every now and then.)

But I did it. I was close to tears whenever I got the message I got one of the last 3 orbs I needed. Now, once I actually proceed past the point of no return and fight Thanatos, I unlock Dryad's last spells, and using that on the Sword should unlock the "All Weapons At Level 9" trophy. AND THEN I CAN TELL THIS GAME TO GO FUCK ITSELF! Oh my god, I don't think I want to even look at Secret of Mana (either version) for a year, at least, once I'm done!

I've felt worse.

There's a demo for FFXV's PC port and I figured "eh, why not." I really need to stop doing that.
-Well first off, why would you include "Windows Edition" in the logo? I understand using "Windows Edition" to try to differentiate this from the console versions, but when I boot up the demo and see "Windows Edition" on the title screen, I'm left wondering if the Windows of Light become a key plot point.
-The size of the demo is ~19 GB. For comparison, the digital version of Persona 5 on the PS3 is only 16.1 GB.
-My computer can run the game at around 40-50 fps, downside is that doesn't look nearly as good as it would on a PS4, and the framerate frequently stutters. I could cap the framerate at 30 fps, but the stuttering remains at the same frequency so why bother.
-I have no clue what the hell is going on in combat, and the aforementioned stuttering framerate isn't helping.
-The car feels less like a car and more like a train you can move slightly from side to side.
-Also purchasing the game before May 1 gets you the HEV suit from Half-Life, and I can't tell if that's a brilliantly stupid idea, or a stupidly brilliant idea.

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
There's a demo for FFXV's PC port and I figured "eh, why not." I really need to stop doing that.
-Well first off, why would you include "Windows Edition" in the logo? I understand using "Windows Edition" to try to differentiate this from the console versions, but when I boot up the demo and see "Windows Edition" on the title screen, I'm left wondering if the Windows of Light become a key plot point.
-The size of the demo is ~19 GB. For comparison, the digital version of Persona 5 on the PS3 is only 16.1 GB.
-My computer can run the game at around 40-50 fps, downside is that doesn't look nearly as good as it would on a PS4, and the framerate frequently stutters. I could cap the framerate at 30 fps, but the stuttering remains at the same frequency so why bother.
-I have no clue what the hell is going on in combat, and the aforementioned stuttering framerate isn't helping.
-The car feels less like a car and more like a train you can move slightly from side to side.
-Also purchasing the game before May 1 gets you the HEV suit from Half-Life, and I can't tell if that's a brilliantly stupid idea, or a stupidly brilliant idea.

I remember hearing that complaint about the Car quite a lot.

Combat also remains pretty confusing throughout the whole thing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Was it really? I probably did nothing right, but IIRC the combat was nothing more than "Hold B, Hold X, press some other shit every now and then, hope you don't die". The car is junk though.

Finished Xenoblade X, and god damn did it do a 180. Once I understood what was actually going on, the whole world opened up. The world is fantastic, the music is amazing, combat is rock-solid (Flying skell combat is so god damn fun). It's mostly the story that has issues. It had a lot of potential, but the protagonists besides Elma, Lin, and Lao never get any sort of interesting depth to them. The villains are laughably bad, maybe the worst I've seen in a video game yet. And that god damn final chapter...

Spoiler: Chapter 12
I liked the story aspect, but holy shit is this poorly designed. I went in level 44, thinking I would be fine.
Nope. After the point of no return (In which I saved beforehand, thank god), I got completely shredded. Thought I'd just hop back into my skell and try again. Nope! Once your skell is destroyed, you don't get it back. So, unless you want to try and go without a skell (which is borderline suicide), you need to reset the entire fucking system. I was obviously not happy, but sure,
whatever. Reset, grind some more, go back, and fight again. Finally able to beat the damn fucker, but guess what! That was only part 1! Now here's 10 separate enemies that you need to kill! That obviously went poorly, but whatever. Reset, grind some more, get a good OP weapon, wipe those fuckers out. Finally. Done with the chapter? NOPE! Here's ANOTHER boss you have to fight! But wait! If you're not 10 levels above him, you're toast! So I have to reset again, grind again, and try the god damn boss again. And during this entire time, you're not allowed to start any affinity missions due to the game not letting you quit story chapters. Fuck you, chapter 12. Fuck you.

Gettin' Old!

Well if that was all there was to it then maybe I was wrong. It felt confusing because to me it felt like there should have been more depth that I just wasn't grasping. Yet I healed through nearly anything dangerous because it's so easy in that game.

Your review of Xenoblade X is so good that maybe I'll go back and finish it. There were lots of bits that really annoyed me. Still maybe if I stick with the story it'll pay off.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yabba Dabba Doo

I really do think it's a case of missed potential rather than bad story. They could've done a lot with it, but it mostly felt rushed. Lin could've been so much better if she wasn't saying "LETS COOK TATSU FOR DINNER" every 15 seconds. Doug could've been absolutely phenomenal if he had gotten more background. Same with Lao.

Still, my main story gripes are the villains, ESPECIALLY Goetia and Ryyz.

Spoiler: Chapter 7, 10 spoilers, but it's so god damn insignificant it doesn't really matter
They literally show up, say they hate you, disappear, show up again, and you kill them. That's literally it. No backstory.
No extra cutscenes. They just show up and die. Hell, Goetia doesn't even get a death scene! You fight her in a boss battle,
and afterwards you just see her flaming skell. How pathetic can you get?

Besides that, everything else is a ton of fun for me. Mira is such an incredibly designed world, with all 5 continents feeling connected and interesting. Skells are an absolute joy to use, and they make grinding fun (somehow). Hell, I grinded to max level and had a great time doing it. The amount of content here is crazy, and replacing most heart-to-hearts with affinity missions was genius. I love the original series (2 is still my favorite) but I'll be thrilled if there's a sequel in the works, which seems likely.
Page 264 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station