Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 257 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

Fatal Frame I on Xbox - I hate how the ghosts are invisible a lot.
Fatal Frame II on Xbox - I mostly notice the differences that occured in Deep Crimson Butterfly, its Wii remake.

I also played The Sandman and The Boogieman, the second and third games of Uri's "The Whatever Man" series. I watched The Crooked Man and it was okay. Sandman was very simple in comparison and lacked a lot of its... horror. Not bad, just very different. Boogieman returned to the horror aspect. I think what I don't like about Boogieman is its length. Or the fact that it's really weird to get the only happy ending, because you need to do super random, out of the way things.

Overall, good games. Just wish there was a way to turn the voice acting in Boogieman off.
I mean, Voice acting in an Indie game? Cool. But the voices are... meh to me.

C-A

Chrono Trigger! One of the best games ever, its legacy marred by one of the worst sequels ever!

Specifically the DS port

Protip: Never try fighting the Sunken Desert boss without a water mage. I figured since I was on New Game + and had nearly all the best equipment already, I could just brute-force it with Crono, Lucca, and Ayla.

I was very wrong.

The cape is self-fluttering

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Chrono Trigger! One of the best games ever, its legacy marred by one of the worst sequels ever!

Specifically the DS port

Protip: Never try fighting the Sunken Desert boss without a water mage. I figured since I was on New Game + and had nearly all the best equipment already, I could just brute-force it with Crono, Lucca, and Ayla.

I was very wrong.

Yeah, the DS port tried, and I did enjoy the extra quests, but that ending somehow turned out to be even worse than the PSX's version.

But IMO the worst part was when the gamers asked for a real sequel to CT, and were basically told to go fuck themselves empty their pockets and buy up as many copies as they could get.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

You'd think they wouldn't have put in the effort to add extra connections to the story people didn’t like

Then again this is the company that made not one but TWO sequels to one of the least popular entries in their flagship series so who knows what goes on in Squenix's collective heads

I don't get why people WANT a sequel to Chrono Trigger.
One, the game doesn't need a sequel, because it never left any questions unanswered.
Two, just because a game was great does not mean that a sequel will do the same.

I love Tales of the Abyss. But I would be appalled if Namco were to create a sequel.
Mostly because of the two reasons mentioned above.

C-A

"You can never have too much of a good thing" - basic human mentality

It actually might have worked out if Square hadn't completely ignored absolutely everything that made Trigger good in the first place

Trigger's plot: Upbeat and compelling despite its simplicity
Cross' plot: Depressing, bloated mess that I still can't fully understand years later

Trigger's characters: Each with their own strengths, likable and relevant to the story
Cross' characters: 40+ random assholes, most of which you'll never use even once (the Suikoden model doesn't work when you only have two changeable party slots), are totally forgettable, join you for little to no reason, and have absolutely no bearing on the plot whatsoever
Also, as an extra kick in the teeth,
Spoiler: Cross spoilers
those likable characters from Trigger? They all got murdered off-screen by the Time Cops. Awesome.

Double and Triple Techs, those were cool, right? You'd think with such a huge cast, there'd be a ton of them in Cross, right? I think there's around a total of 12 Doubles and two Triples, one of which you can't even get until New Game+

Even getting Prism equipment sucked in Cross. In Trigger, you just do a couple side-quests and boom, you're done. In Cross, you have to do the stupid battlefield element manipulation countless times to get enough Prism Shards to craft the equipment for however many characters you want them for

I could go on and on

I will say there was one unanswered question in Trigger's ending, but that certainly wasn't worth the mess Cross was.

Spoiler: Cross spoilers
Speaking of Schala, the hell? She gets eaten by Lavos and decides to erase all of time and also creates a clone baby of herself and is able to create alternate histories? I thought Magus was supposed to be the stronger magician, why couldn't he do that kind of shit? And why the hell did Schala decide to alter history over such a relatively insignificant reason? The group that stopped Lavos and her mother's mad ambitions gets unceremoniously assassinated, meh. Lavos erupts from the earth and dooms all of humanity, whatever. Some random kid gets attacked by a panther, now THAT'S worth dividing time over!

And then the first thing she does after being freed is go to real-world Tokyo. Because why the hell not, right? :ron:

The cape is self-fluttering

CatMuto wrote:
I don't get why people WANT a sequel to Chrono Trigger.
One, the game doesn't need a sequel, because it never left any questions unanswered.
Two, just because a game was great does not mean that a sequel will do the same.

I love Tales of the Abyss. But I would be appalled if Namco were to create a sequel.
Mostly because of the two reasons mentioned above.

C-A

Either you've never played Chrono Trigger, or you're blatantly ignoring certain plot points.

Schala's fate was an important loose end that needed to be tied up.

Besides, by your logic, plenty of games should never have had a sequel to them because they left nothing unanswered. For example, FFX.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Oh, right. Shala. See, she comes across as so unimportant, I forget about her. Frankly, what's her purpose? Mama Drama and then that whole thing of sacrificing herself... it's like Mafuyu in Fatal Frame 1. His only purpose in the game is minor exposition in the very beginning, then he ends up dying. His main purpose is basically to give Miku a plot point in the later games (which weren't planned at the time. When Fatal Frame ended up with going to 3 and having Miku reappear, then his actions were made more important). He could be removed and not much would change. (Or Madoka in Fatal Frame 4, only even less reason to exist)

Uh, yeah, and? I never said FFX needed a sequel.
I don't even think XIII needed a sequel.
VII? Ditto. Glad they gave us focus on Zack, but that's not really a sequel. (They could've done more with that game, but... Genesis.)
Same as VI - I like the game, but I don't want or need a sequel.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Oh, right. Shala. See, she comes across as so unimportant, I forget about her. Frankly, what's her purpose? Mama Drama and then that whole thing of sacrificing herself... it's like Mafuyu in Fatal Frame 1. His only purpose in the game is minor exposition in the very beginning, then he ends up dying. His main purpose is basically to give Miku a plot point in the later games (which weren't planned at the time. When Fatal Frame ended up with going to 3 and having Miku reappear, then his actions were made more important). He could be removed and not much would change. (Or Madoka in Fatal Frame 4, only even less reason to exist)

Uh, yeah, and? I never said FFX needed a sequel.
I don't even think XIII needed a sequel.
VII? Ditto. Glad they gave us focus on Zack, but that's not really a sequel. (They could've done more with that game, but... Genesis.)
Same as VI - I like the game, but I don't want or need a sequel.

C-A

I remember CT ending with a cutscene where someone finds a magical baby in the woods...

That seemed like a bit of an unanswered question to me warranting and hinting at a sequel.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

That was only in the DS version, Pierre, and I think it was a half-hazard attempt to try to tie the game more to Cross.

There is a decent sequel to Chrono Trigger out there called Radical Dreamers. I quite liked Magus's involvement in the plot.

About Chrono Cross, how I personally feel about it. Great game, horrible sequel. I find myself enjoying it a lot more as a stand alone game rather than thinking about it as a sequel to Chrono Trigger. Is it a perfect game? No. But I personally find it fun. Has a great OST, I quite enjoy the locale, and I personally find the battle system a lot of fun. Yeah, there's only about 5 or 6 useful characters out of however many and knowing where to trap elements or making prism weapons can be a bit of a guide dang-it, but that personally doesn't break the game for me. I do dislike Kid though.

For me, I actually like Chrono Cross as much as I like Chrono Trigger. I enjoy them for different reasons, and I used to enjoy Trigger more than Cross, but over the years, I've come to like the two the same. Honestly, I don't feel Trigger needed a sequel. I think leaving the whole Schala sub-plot up in the air could have stayed and it would have been fine. Cross's whole attempt at tying itself to Trigger in and of itself was pretty bad, but I enjoy it as a game, not a sequel. If I want to enjoy a sequel, I'll just go find a translated rom of Radical Dreamers.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Quote:
About Chrono Cross, how I personally feel about it. Great game, horrible sequel. I find myself enjoying it a lot more as a stand alone game rather than thinking about it as a sequel to Chrono Trigger.

I used to feel the same way (though "great" is a stretch for me) but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I barely remembered anything about the events in Cross. I feel like without the Chrono name, Cross would be mostly forgotten like the other Square RPGs that released around the same time (anyone remember Threads of Fate/Dew Prism? There was a third game that released in the same quarter too but I don't even remember the name of that one)

dullahan1 wrote:
There is a decent sequel to Chrono Trigger out there called Radical Dreamers.

Which is Chrono Cross... ' original version.

Quote:
anyone remember Threads of Fate/Dew Prism?

I think I've heard of it, but I don't think I've ever played it... speaking of absolutely overlooked Square RPGs (and, coincidentally, this particular one was overshadowed by Chrono Trigger) is Live A Live. It can only be played in English as a ROM and I did an LP of it, but I absolutely enjoyed it. Decent characters - not super deep; each scenario's character is pretty shallow and the scenarios tend to be short, so you quickly notice how things will go - and the music was absolutely amazing.

I mean, Megalomania - the battle theme - was added as DLC for Theatrhythm: Curtain Call.

And, as someone who is not that easily influenced to like fictional characters, I have to say that I did feel along with them during the game. Though I think my favorite would be the unlocked 8th scenario. But I guess that's a favorite for a lot of people, because it not only ties the other scenarios together, but also is the one with the most... emotional investment. Also, doing that one unlocks the final scenario.
Second favorite would probably be Cube's. Has no battles, except for the final one, but the story in it is pretty good. Not boring.

C-A

Chrono Cross is more of a huge expansion/rewrite of what Radical Dreamers is. In fact, Chrono Cross only shares one scene with RD and that's the invasion of the Viper Manor.

I honestly view them as two different games and continuities because they are so radically different. Whereas Radical Dreamers ties in to the continuity of Trigger more easily, Cross goes in and pretty much tears it up and then tries to tie it all back together with worn out string.

Radical Dreamers I feel does a good job of exploring the narrative of the characters it has by keeping it to just three. Serge, Kid, and Guile/Magus. I actually tolerate Kid more too. But what I enjoy that it does that Cross doesn't even touch upon is what's going on with Magus's mind as to what happened with Schala, how he's dealing with the loss, and what actions he will take in the future to deal with the situation. I like how he goes from being silent and distant to opening more as the game goes on. The fact that it's very self contained makes it feel much more coherent.

I can see how some people might look at it as a Chrono Cross original version as you put it, but if anything, all the game did was just moreso inspire Chrono Cross and then Cross went to go and take out pretty much all the good character development and plot that Radical Dreamers provided, leaving pretty much only the sequence of events in the Viper Manor.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

In Justice We Trust

I’ve completed my playthrough of Europa Universalis IV. Since the game allowed me to continue past the usual end date, I chose to continue playing until 1836, the start of Victoria II. I downloaded a fan-made converter and am now in the process of tweaking the converted file and game data to make it better reflect the world of my Europa Universalis IV playthrough (I banned slavery in EU4, so why does Victoria II say slavery is still legal in my state!?).

So how does the world look in 1214 (1836)? I’ve included a map as well as a general explanation of what happened (with a few personal twists added for realism’s sake).
Spoiler: map

The Great Powers of the World

1. The Aryan Empire, shown in medium green on the map, is far and away the dominant power in the world, its landmass, population, and military might dwarfing that of all others. I’ve covered its gradual rise to supremacy in my various posts about my Crusader Kings II playthrough. Since finishing that playthrough and moving on to Europa Universalis IV, the Yohannanid Caliphate has expanded dramatically. The last Caliph was Dariush III, who renounced and abolished the title in 1147 (1768). Since then, the state has been known as the Aryan Empire. Aryan dominance of Africa’s coasts led to a veritable monopoly on the slave trade, but once Caliph Kavadh II outlawed slavery in 1078 (1700), the exportation of slaves from Africa practically ended entirely, as any slave ship would have to make the journey without ever stopping in an Aryan port or running afoul of Aryan fleets. Kavadh’s successors would eradicate the African slave trade completely in the Great Emancipation Wars, a series of conflicts culminating in Aryan control of the entirety of Africa, guaranteeing that no African would ever be enslaved again. The Aryan Empire was among the first to colonize the New World and what in our timeline is called Australia, favoring a policy of assimilating the indigenous peoples rather than trying to drive them out. This policy worked to their advantage, as other states were prone to provoking natives, costing them many a colonial expedition. It is a point of pride for the Aryans that their forces never took up arms against the indigenous peoples except to help an ally crush a rebellion.
  2. Brythonia, shown in dark blue, is the dominant European power. To make a long story short, the Anglo-Saxons were conquered by the Welsh in my Crusader Kings II playthrough. English culture and the English language simply do not exist in this timeline. Brythonia saw some success in colonizing the New World, colonizing several islands in the Caribbean as well as most of what in our timeline is called Canada. Brythonia’s Caribbean possessions were lost to the Aryan Empire in a war, though.
  3. Gothia, shown in yellow, replaces Spain and Portugal in this timeline to an extent. Through an odd stroke of luck, a Catholic rose to the Andalusian throne in 164 (785), later crowning himself rightful sovereign of the entire Iberian peninsula. Though the throne would alternate back and forth between Muslims and Christians for a few centuries, the stage had been set for the decline of Muslim rule. The last Muslim ruler, Jibril, was among the victims of the Great Plague of the mid-300s (970s). Since then, the land was ruled by Catholics. Visigothic culture grew to absorb Andalusian and the Latinized cultures of the region, ultimately leading to the nation being named Gothia. Gothia briefly colonized small areas of what are Brazil and Argentina in our timeline, though those colonies were lost to the Aryan Empire in two wars. Their colonies in what is the United States in our timeline remained under Gothic control, though.
  4. Mali, shown in olive green, lost all of its African possessions in the Great Emancipation Wars of the late 1100s and early 1200s (late 1700s and early 1800s). Nevertheless, thanks to inheritance through several strategic marriages, Mali was able to continue existing as a state in Europe. I like to think that this led to the various European languages in this timeline having a large number of Bambara loanwords.
  5. Nanguo, shown in pink, was one of several breakaway states that formed during the Ming Collapse of the 900s (1500s). Originally, the state was known as Hubei, but as the other breakaway states fell one by one and Hubei came to dominate the south, the land came to instead be known as “Nanguo,” or “The Southern State.”
  6. Italy, shown in off-white, was the Aryan Empire’s only real rival for much of this playthrough, though that isn’t saying much, considering how much more powerful the latter is. Italy was one of the first colonizers, establishing colonies in what are in our timeline Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, and Chile, conquering much of the Inca civilization in the process. Ultimately, though, those colonies would be seized by the Aryan Empire in two wars in the mid- to late 1000s (late 1600s). Italy remains strong, but is no longer the unrivaled European superpower it once was.
  7. Maharashtra, shown in black, experienced a rise similar to that of the Aryan Empire, beginning this playthrough in control of a single backwater province. After about a century of being trivial as Karnata began spreading northward, Maharashtra was able to seize on Karnata’s sudden reversal of fortune in the 900s (1500s). Karnata began to weaken, allowing Maharashtra to grow in the power vacuum its enemy left behind. By 1200, Maharashtra controlled the entirety of the Deccan peninsula, and with the decline of Delhi, is now the second most powerful country in the Indian subcontinent, second only to the Aryan Empire.
  8. Litwa, shown in maroon, is the name I chose for Lithuania, as it is ruled by Poles in this timeline. Litwa spread eastward, conquering lands held by Mongols, Khazars, and Mordvins in the process and also occasionally seizing land from the Roman Empire. When Roman power began to decline in the late 1000s (late 1600s and early 1700s), Litwa took advantage of the opportunity and seized most of Rome’s holdings in Eastern Europe and the Carpathian Basin. Though most of Litwa’s Black Sea coast would be lost to the Aryan Empire in a war, Litwa struck one final blow against Rome by defeating it in a war and subjugating it, forcing the state to rename itself Calabria.

The Secondary Powers of the World

1. Bavaria, shown in white, never really had a great rise or fall, and while the borders changed periodically, the changes were never major. It spent most of its existence landlocked, not gaining a coast until 1166 (1788). Along with the Aryan Empire, Bavaria is the only non-Catholic state in Europe, having embraced the Reformed faith. With the rest of what in our timeline is Germany controlled by non-German powers, there is no “German” culture in this timeline per se; instead it is simply known as Bavarian culture.
  2. Delhi, shown in orange, flourished for most of the playthrough, expanding from the start and at one point controlling most of the northern regions of the Indian subcontinent. With the Aryan Empire focused more on expanding elsewhere, Delhi was free to pursue its own agenda without fear. For a time, Delhi even expanded into the New World, establishing colonies in what is in our timeline western Mexico and the southwestern United States. In the 1090s (1710s), the Aryan Empire attacked, seizing Delhi’s colonies in the New World and some of its western borderlands. In the century to follow, Delhi would time and again be crushed in wars with the Aryan Empire. By 1200 (1821), what you see on the map was all that remained of the once-mighty kingdom, and while Delhi is not necessarily weak, it is no longer the powerhouse it once was.
  3. Melaka, shown in bright blue, originally only controlled the southern part of the Malay Peninsula. In the 900s (1500s), though, it began expanding into Sumatra and colonizing what in our timeline are known as the Philippines.
  4. Poland, shown in bright red, is in largely the same situation as Bavaria, albeit with a coast and a large exclave to the east. Throughout the years, it gained and lost land, but remained moderately strong. Poland was actually the birthplace of the Protestant Reformation in this timeline, but Protestantism failed to catch on and was largely snuffed out during the Counter-Reformation.
  5. Beiguo, shown in bright cyan, was originally known as Shaanxi, another state that broke away during the Ming Collapse. While Hubei expanded southward, Shaanxi expanded northward, eventually taking the name “Beiguo,” or “The Northern State.” In later years, the remnants of the Ming state would be subjugated by Beiguo.
  6. Ava, shown in bright green, rose to prominence in the early 1100s (mid-1700s), its fortunes having shifted over the centuries. At the height of its power, it controlled most of Bengal and Burma, but began falling apart around the turn of the century. Ava is the only Buddhist state in the world, the remaining Buddhist lands being under the control of Confucian Chinese.
  7. Zheguo, shown in magenta, took its name from the Zhe river that flows through its capital, Hangzhou. Like Nanguo and Beiguo, Zheguo formed during the Ming Collapse. Unlike Nanguo and Beiguo, though, Zheguo was unable to expand its territory, though its control of Hangzhou Bay and the Yangtze Delta secured its significance in the region.
  8. Majapahit, shown in dark red, was on the verge of being completely conquered in the mid-900s (late 1500s), having been driven completely from Java by its neighbor, Sundha, and controlling only Bali. Its fortunes reversed a century later, though, and Majapahit began recapturing Java, ultimately driving Sundha out completely (albeit with a little help from Melaka) around the beginning of the 1100s (1700s).

The Fallen Giants

• Calabria is all that’s left of the once-powerful Roman Empire. For most of my Crusader Kings II playthrough, I was more concerned with Africa and the Middle East than with Europe, so the Romans and the Aryans enjoyed a long-lasting peace. They even established some colonies in the New World. …Do I even need to say it at this point? One look at the map will give you a decent sense of who is to blame for Rome’s decline. The Aryan Empire finally broke its centuries-long peace with Rome in 887 (1509). In the centuries that followed, Rome lost most of its colonies, as well as most of its land in Europe and Asia, to the Aryans. Litwa and Italy both took advantage of Rome’s decline, seizing some of its lands for themselves. In the end, Chrysogonia, Rome’s only remaining colony, declared independence in 1202 (1823) and Rome itself was forcibly subjugated by Litwa in 1207 (1828), changing its name to the Despotate of Calabria in recognition of its new status.
  • Laoguo is the new name that Ming China took after its rulers were forced to swear fealty to Beiguo. The old empire suffered a series of internal crises in the 900s (1500s), known to historians as the Ming Collapse. The people came to believe in such dark times that the empire had lost the blessing of Heaven, rebellions breaking out all across the realm as the imperial family’s right to rule was called into question by local warlords. The ruling family survived, but as their grip on China weakened, they were eventually forced to move their court to their colonies in what is in our timeline the Russian Far East. In the end, they were forced to renounce even the title of emperor, becoming a vassal under the King of Beiguo.
  • Korea was once a great colonial power, successfully colonizing and conquering much of the west coast of North America, in addition to several islands, such as Taiwan and the Hawaiian Islands. Alas, they were not so successful on the mainland, gradually losing their homeland to the Manchus. Taepyeong, Korea’s colony in the New World, declared independence in 1043 (1664) response to its overlord’s decline. The Korean state lost control of the Korean peninsula completely in the year 1088 (1709), relocating its court to Kagyrgyn in what is in our timeline Chukotka.
  • The Talibid Imamate, that longstanding obstacle to Aryan dreams of a truly united Islam, never managed to expand out of the Horn of Africa, the Aryans conquering its coast in short order and preventing colonists from ever leaving the continent. The state eventually renamed itself Alhabsha after the succession line was broken. Despite no longer having an Imam, Alhabsha remained a target of the Aryans, losing war after war and finally being conquered completely in 1039 (1660). Some descendants of its last citizens still cling to their Shia faith, but most ultimately converted to Sunni Islam.
  • Japan, run by the Shoguns, attempted to restore central authority during the Sengoku Jidai and saw some success in the 800s and 900s (1400s and 1500s). Stability had been restored to such an extent that Japan even managed to establish colonies in the New World. Things fell apart in the late 900s (early 1600s), though, with the Takeda, Yamana, Shimazu, and Nanbu clans breaking off from the Shogunate entirely after a disastrous war with Korea. Those colonies would ultimately be the Emperor’s saving grace, as the Home Islands were gradually conquered by the rebel clans, falling completely in 1642. After barely surviving wars with Pasai and Taepyeong, Japan now only controls what in our timeline are known as the Aleutian Islands.

I'll always love you, Max.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

On a whim, I decided to play Persona 4 again. I'm amazed at just how much I was attached to that game. Even the music, which I largely hated, helps make the game feel warmly nostalgic, as if I was hanging out with an close friend I hadn't seen in years.

In Justice We Trust

TheDoctor wrote:
On a whim, I decided to play Persona 4 again. I'm amazed at just how much I was attached to that game. Even the music, which I largely hated, helps make the game feel warmly nostalgic, as if I was hanging out with an close friend I hadn't seen in years.

I can definitely relate to that. I think the game as a whole just generally has a very warm and pleasant tone to it.
I'll always love you, Max.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Kind of ironic, considering the driving force behind the plot is a murder mystery.

Really hoping P5 lives up to it.

Been shuffling between Atelier Sophie, Dragon Quest 8 on the 3DS, and Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Also found this oddly addicting hack of Ocarina of Time called Beta Quest where every time you leave an area, the next area is random, depending on the seed. It's pretty neat trying to figure out a new way to go about the game.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Sims 3 100 Baby Challenge - also working on putting together a story-driven little... uh, story.

Puzzle & Dragons Z - Super Mario Edition.
I felt like playing it again and I got to World 8. Previously, I always got stuck on Iggy's Airship level in World 5.
Now I'm fighting with the World 8 Ghost House.

C-A

dullahan1 wrote:
Been shuffling between Atelier Sophie, Dragon Quest 8 on the 3DS, and Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Also found this oddly addicting hack of Ocarina of Time called Beta Quest where every time you leave an area, the next area is random, depending on the seed. It's pretty neat trying to figure out a new way to go about the game.

Original Neptunia or Re;Birth? I've heard the combat system in the original is really out there

Re;Birth. I had gotten the 3 Re;Birth games for a good bundle price on Humble Bundle a while back. I picked them up since some people I talked with kept telling me how good they were.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I thought they were pretty good for as much as I played them

Little too high on the item farming and side quests for me though

Also Plutia is the absolute worst but thankfully she's only in the third game

Pikmin 3.
I looked up a few things - and am glad I did - because it did point out some things for me. Like, punching as the captain doesn't exist anymore. Kind of sad, since it was a neat little feature in the first game and allowed the captain to seem a little less dependent on the Pikmin. I do love the graphics and how I only need to press A once to pluck all Pikmin sprouts. No more mashing A. But I don't like how swarming them or moving them while in your squad seems to have been removed. Why? I don't want to have to remove and re-whistle my squad, just so they can grab the things I want them to.

C-A

Every Puzzle has an answer.

A few things

Pokémon White 2 Challenge run - A simple challenge run of pokémon White 2. Also I never played this game before but I do know what happens.

The Sims 3 - So I am starting to get addicted to this game. It's way funner than it looked for me.
It's a gentleman's duty to help a lady in need.

I've felt worse.

I'm playing A Story About My Uncle. It's nice.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:

Not heard of.it.what kind of game is it?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

You play as a kid journeying through an alien world using a mech suit and a grappling hook. Emphasis is on platforming.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Dead Or Alive: Xtreme 3 Fortune.
Overall, it feels a lot like Xtreme 2.5 because a lot of it feels like a cheaper version of Xtreme 2, with less characters, barely any new swimsuits (I do not count the new characters' suits, I am referring to the girls who have been there before), some previous minigames removed... but I do like the graphics. The jiggle physics are done just fine without exaggeration. I like how the whole "Mission" thing can give you a suggestion to do... what I don't like is how you can't turn them off, if you don't want a suggestion and it can be difficult to get the girl's 7 specific wishes to get the 'Perfect' vacation with them.
I'm disappointed by its wasted potential. Kinda wish Itagaki went back onto the team, it was his baby, after all.

Story of Seasons.
No matter how I try to be slow, I still have the 'regular' vendors unlocked by the end of year 1 and the two that have bigger unlock options will come soon... I hope Trio of Towns will improve a lot.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

You play as a kid journeying through an alien world using a mech suit and a grappling hook. Emphasis is on platforming.

Not brutal child murder like Heart of Darkness?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
Not brutal child murder like Heart of Darkness?

The only thin that can kill you is a bottomless pit. And I'm pretty sure there isn't any traditional combat. It's quite relaxing.

Happy Maria

Layton Brothers:Mystery Room.

So far,despite my initial scepticism,I'm really liking this game so far. I've finished the first four cases and it's great. I'll wait for my final ranking when I finish it though.

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
Layton Brothers:Mystery Room.

So far,despite my initial scepticism,I'm really liking this game so far. I've finished the first four cases and it's great. I'll wait for my final ranking when I finish it though.

Looks like we are playing the same game. Although I finished the first 3 cases a whIle ago, I just boughthink the full game now.
Signature loading, please wait...

Happy Maria

What a coinkidink!

The fourth case is pretty good,btw. It's so far one of my favourites. Alfendi too is pretty great.

Honestly,I would say this is the most consistently fun time I've ever had playing a Layton game,for reals.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

And not even 12 hours after that comment,I have finished the whole game. Man,I'm really tired and feel the need to vent. Spoilers for the whole game below of course

Spoiler:
This game was...actually really good! No joke,I still stand that this is the most fun I've consistently had while playing a Layton game. Wow. Most of my gripes are mostly with the beginning and the ending.

The beginning made me feel sceptical. The intro wasn't anything great,though I did appreciate how Barton became commissioner. I didn't like how the CGI looks like times and the jump to the investigation device was really sudden. I don't even know what it looks like. Things like the stone heart and the red and green arrows really confused me. The songs were good, but they really don't sound Laytonesque to me.

Of course,that's because other than design,this game isn't that Laytonesque. Sure,the son of Layton appears,but this game can actually get surprisingly dark and grim. Like the case in the warehouse and the hut in South America.

First couple of cases were alright,to set the mood. I quite like Potty Prof,and it's a neat twist that he was the original Al. I also love how Placid Prof was created because Justin read him some stupid book.

Third case was interesting because it's technically suicide and murder simultaneously; and the fourth is rather grim. Also good foreshadowing for Estita/ Diane. The radio case is good,and the case in the warehouse is spooky as hell. Very unnerved by it,and I like how we still don't have a 100% clear idea what went on in there,and who killed who,except for the assassin guy,who was killed by Diane. But not the others.

The one after that is alright,but wow...the last two. I like how the 'Pig' murder was just one big metaphor. The last case was phenomenal....but I'm a bit underwhelmed that not everything was clarified. Oh well,but well,we shall see in the sequel.

Just a really good game overall. Definitely recommend, an underrated AA like game.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Pretty much a given, but I'm just burying my time in Breath of the Wild. It's gotta keep me invested for another 24 days, and then I can move on to Yooka Laylee.

Gettin' Old!

Thunder84 wrote:
Pretty much a given, but I'm just burying my time in Breath of the Wild. It's gotta keep me invested for another 24 days, and then I can move on to Yooka Laylee.

Yooka Laylee is out? That released quietly!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yooka Laylee isn't out until next month.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Yabba Dabba Doo

Yeah, Yooka Laylee is out on the 11th in April. Hopefully Zelda can keep me hooked up until that point.

I've felt worse.

Okay this time I'm actually going to try to finish Deus Ex (2000). Should be a lot quicker now that I've abandoned any attempt at a pacifist playthrough.

As mentioned in the Zelda thread, I've finally started playing Breath of the Wild.
I'm doing my best to keep my opinion regulated until I am much, much further in the game. Mostly because I feel like I am still in the 'introduction' phase of the game (I think that stays until I get the Paraglider?) and so very little has actually happened up to now, I can't say anything about plot beyond what has been given to me up to now and I still need to work on getting used to the controls.
One minor thing, is there a way to put the map onto the Gamepad? I'm guessing no, but it would be SO convenient.
The stupid thing's flashing of "Tap here to play on just the gamepad" keeps distracting me.
I doubt I can play with a controller...

C-A
Page 257 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station