Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 266 of 266[ 10608 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

Finished my Anarchist playthrough of Tyranny. I figure I might as well run with a Chorus playthrough (as well as look into New Game +) at this point. No idea if I'll like it; Nerat's been good for plenty of laughs, but they don't come much more evil than him. I prefer to play the role of an otherwise good person who seeks to do good whenever he can get away with it. "Chaotic Evil" is a role I've always been hesitant to play, so this could be a nice test of my role-playing skills, if nothing else. I'll probably stick to the "Rebel" path after that, as I feel it allowed me the most room to be the kind of character I prefer to be.

Close enough...

Nice work General!

I'm trying to work through Pillars of Eternity now. Currently in Twin Elms and still enjoying it a good bit. My mate is doing the same because he wants a completed character file for Pillars of Eternity 2.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Just ordered a Persona machine Playstation TV and P4G. It's coming just as my finals wrap up, so I'll have quite a bit of time to play it. Very excited, and I hope it's as good as the 5th one.

Still in the middle of Chrono Trigger. It's a solid game, but I often time have trouble finding the motivation to start playing it. It's a good game, but it's worn down on me. Add in that I'm maybe halfway through at best, and I dunno if I'll finish it before P4G gets here, which was my goal.

I've felt worse.

Twilight Princess HD and Devil May Cry HD Collection

It feels weird, going back to Twilight Princess when I'm already used to BotW's controls. Even the wolf sections feel off, since I'm already used to Ōkami's controls. Still, I can see a couple of QoL changes were added: Link's climbing speed increased, you only need to find 12 Tears of Light in each area, and the starting wallet holds 500 rupees. Textures were also given an overhaul, so nothing looks pixelated. Now if only Link's hat would stop clipping through his shield...

In contrast, this is my first time entering the Devil May Cry series and I can easily tell the HD collection is a lazy port. Sure, the in-game graphics can be rendered in 1080p, but the FMVs are all in their original resolution, making them look worse than standard gameplay footage, and none of the textures have been updated. You could probably get similar performance results with an emulator and a widescreen hack.
Still, it's pretty fun. DMC1 is fine if you accept that the level design was salvaged from a scrapped Resident Evil game.
I knew people hated DMC2, and I wanted to try to give it a fair chance. I put it down after four chapters, tried DMC3 and immediately understood why everyone hates 2. 3's controls just feels so much more fluid.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

often mistaken for a trash can

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster

My sister bought it for me a while ago and I haven't played it yet. I've only played the PS2 version when it came out. Aside from new dresspheres and slightly upgraded graphics everything is pretty much the same. Which I like. I'm almost finished with my first playthrough. I didn't really care for the story. I usually get more into it the second time around. I'm going to try to get 100% in my second playthrough though.
It feels so nostalgic playing it again.
TNSFW Tumblr.Buy My Art/Request Commissions
Instagram & Twitter: @miilkywei ☆ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ FC: 3883-9579-4899
Currently Playing: Pokemon Sun and Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Yabba Dabba Doo

Been playing Octopath Traveler a lot for the past 5 days (About 45 hours logged so far). I honestly cannot recommend this game enough. It is phenomenal. The battle is constantly strategic and compelling, the artstyle is absolutely gorgeous, the stories are fantastic (Save for H'aanit's), and the music is absolutely superb. My only complaint comes in the lack of integration between the party, especially considering...

Spoiler: Late game/Final Boss spoilers
Unlike what most reviews say, the stories DO tie in together. And not just a little bit; they're all HEAVILY connected. For example, Alfyn's childhood hero (The Apothecary that saved him) is also the man that wrote Tressa's journal, Kit's missing father, AND Redeye. Despite this connection, we never see the party react to this at all. Hell, during the final boss, no one from the party speaks AT ALL. I get that the devs wanted maximum freedom, but you have to draw the line at a certain point and sacrifice some unneeded freedom for narrative purposes.

Despite that, this is definitely my game of the year so far. Curious as to whether Smash will surpass it or not.

While I'm at it, might as well rank all the characters. They're all great, with the top two being absolutely stellar.

1. Alfyn
2. Primrose
3. Therion
4. Tressa
5. Ophilia
6. Olberic
7. Cyrus
8. H'aanit

You know you've got a good cast when Cyrus somehow is 7th overall.

Close enough...

Yeah this is the selling point for me: do the party members interact?

I played the demo and when I rolled into town to collect a new party member and help them with their quest I was quite surprised to see the existing party members were represented nowhere in the quest. They were just invisible.

Does that sense stick or does it improve?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Sorta? You get these little scenes called travel banter where your party interacts, but they never interact in the cutscenes themselves. It’s not enough to ruin the game and the stories are great on their own, but it’s definitely rather jarring.
Page 266 of 266 [ 10608 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station