Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 2[ 50 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

E3 2016 discussion thread!Topic%20Title

A Kirby and AA fan

E3 has officially kicked off and we've already had several press conferences. If I'm not mistaken, we've had EA, Bethesda, Microsoft, Ubisoft and Sony, and they all togther had plenty of announcements.
This is a discussion thread for anything E3, be it the show floor itself, the press conferences, the games that were presented, the new announcements... you name it!

As a general rule, I think it would be nice to put any leaks (so, announcements that got leaked before they were supposed to be unveiled) between spoiler tags.

This thread was made by request of Sniper and Rifle

Last edited by Nurio on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: E3 2016 discussion thread!Topic%20Title

A Kirby and AA fan

I actually didn't really follow much of the press conferences. I am simply waiting for the Nintendo Treehouse event.
...People might not be surprised when I say I'm mostly a Nintendo fan. And it's a bit disappointing to see Nintendo's presence at E3. Let's hope they'll have a few surprises still!

Yabba Dabba Doo

Just say the new Zelda trailer and holy shit it looks beautiful.

Gardevoir lover

These new Pokemon names are fun to say.

Pikipek, Yungoos.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

OH BOY, 3AM!

Thanks for making this thread.

The new Zelda game looks fantastic and it looks like it takes place in the Wind Waker timeline with the presence of Korok. The new Pokemon game looks really nice too, but I feel they are making it too friendly for beginners from what I've seen.
"The business is on. I am trying to raise the balance for the Gummy Bear so he could submit all the needed Fizzy Cola Bottle Jelly Beans to the Creme Egg for the Peanut M&Ms process to start. Send £1,500.00 via a Giant Gummy Lizard" -Solomon Odonkoh

Yabba Dabba Doo

I'm worried that the new Zelda game is becoming too Far Cry-esque. The lack of music in the overworld really bugs me.

OH BOY, 3AM!

Thunder84 wrote:
The lack of music in the overworld really bugs me.

I know. The overworld music is normally amazing. A shame really.
"The business is on. I am trying to raise the balance for the Gummy Bear so he could submit all the needed Fizzy Cola Bottle Jelly Beans to the Creme Egg for the Peanut M&Ms process to start. Send £1,500.00 via a Giant Gummy Lizard" -Solomon Odonkoh

Yabba Dabba Doo

Sniper and Rifle wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:
The lack of music in the overworld really bugs me.

I know. The overworld music is normally amazing. A shame really.

Especially after hearing the music in the trailer. Hopefully we still get dungeon music. They wouldn't be the same without it.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Turns out Capcom is having an E3 stream on Twitch. And it's confirmed that gameplay of SoJ will be shown off!

Source:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2016/06/14/capcom-at-e3-2016
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

OH BOY, 3AM!

You can ride your shield like the frozen leaves in TP.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Yash K. Productions wrote:
Turns out Capcom is having an E3 stream on Twitch. And it's confirmed that gameplay of SoJ will be shown off!

Source:

Thank god. I was worried it wouldn't have that much time at e3.

Sniper and Rifle wrote:

That's gonna be me half the time playing the game lmao.

OH BOY, 3AM!

Thunder84 wrote:

Source:

People are saying the stream starts in about 40 minutes btw (3:00 PM EST).

Edit: LoZ:BofW has battle music so that's something.

Last edited by Sniper and Rifle on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Sniper and Rifle wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

Source:

People are saying the stream starts in about 40 minutes btw (3:00 PM EST).

Edit: LoZ:BofT has battle music so that's something.

The shrines definitely look interesting.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

So, should we ask if we can restream this on CyTube?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Yabba Dabba Doo

So, should we ask if we can restream this on CyTube?

If it's possible, then might as well.

A Kirby and AA fan

Ah, I'm so glad to see a lot of you are amazed by Zelda. I was blown away when I first saw it. There's just so much I want to say that I'd be here all day if I typed it all up.
So I'll just say that I really liked all that I've seen so far. The only thing worrying is the framerate, which seems to have dropped hard at some points

Sniper and Rifle wrote:

As long as there is no ice level... I don't watch E3, so I have no idea what's going on.

C-A

Yabba Dabba Doo

Nurio wrote:
Ah, I'm so glad to see a lot of you are amazed by Zelda. I was blown away when I first saw it. There's just so much I want to say that I'd be here all day if I typed it all up.
So I'll just say that I really liked all that I've seen so far. The only thing worrying is the framerate, which seems to have dropped hard at some points

No surprise there. I doubt the Wii U would be very capable of running a world that large. I imagine it will run better on NX.

Master of sharp things!

As amazing as Zelda is (I've been watching the livestream for hours now), there are other games that looked great as well. To name a few;

South Park: The Fractured But Whole - A follow up to the Stick of Truth, with various additions to the gameplay that make it more strategic.

Days Gone - An action-adventure game where you have to survive against enormous hordes of zombies using whatever you have available.

Horizon: Zero Dawn - Hunting robotic animals and fierce mechanical monsters in a vast overworld.

Spider-Man - A PS4 exclusive Spider-Man game developed by Insomniac Games.

Detroit Become Human - A multiple-path game where you investigate crimes and capture criminals as an android detective.

Tekken 7 - Has a really interesting feature where the cutscenes transition seamlessly into the fights.

There was plenty more as well. Various Nintendo announcements (new amiibo, release dates for a few titles), The Last Guardian finally getting a solid release date after ten-or-so years in development, Crash Bandicoot making a comeback, among other things. Granted there were things I didn't like, like the VR stuff and the fact that mid-cycle console upgrades are being push so forcefully, but the good definitely outweighed the bad this year.

And there's the 3DS-focused Nintendo livestream tomorrow as well, so there's that to look forward to.

OH BOY, 3AM!

CatMuto wrote:
Sniper and Rifle wrote:

As long as there is no ice level... I don't watch E3, so I have no idea what's going on.

C-A

They showed a mountain with snow on it, and then they went to it. So there probably is one.

Gardevoir lover

I hope they talk about Yokai watch 2 tomorrow, the games coming out in September but there's not a lot of info on the western release of it.

I've felt worse.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Detroit Become Human - A multiple-path game where you investigate crimes and capture criminals as an android detective.

>not-really-human protagonist that some people view as unethical
>first level is a hostage situation
>in Detroit
Is this bootleg Deus Ex?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Sniper and Rifle wrote:
They showed a mountain with snow on it, and then they went to it. So there probably is one.

Nooooooooooooooooo! :beef:

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Not had a chance to check it out. Anything on Tokyo Mirage Sessions?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

CatMuto wrote:
Sniper and Rifle wrote:

C-A

Aside from most platformers, I actually really love ice/snow areas. =( In my opinion, I feel that Zelda's track record has been worse with underwater areas than ice areas.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Yabba Dabba Doo

dullahan1 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Sniper and Rifle wrote:

C-A

Aside from most platformers, I actually really love ice/snow areas. =( In my opinion, I feel that Zelda's track record has been worse with underwater areas than ice areas.

I'm lookin' at you, Water Temple :edgeworth:

A Kirby and AA fan

I actually never really had any trouble with any Zelda dungeon, aside from maybe the mansion in Twilight Princess, where you have to get swings moving with your ball and chain, then jump on the swing, and use the swing to reach the other side, all while stupid ice monsters throw ice spears at you...

Thunder84 wrote:
Quote:

The Water Temple was never that bad. Tedious, sure. But it was not overly complicated. And, in fact, out of the Zeldas I've played, I rather liked the (under)water areas. Like the Water Temple in Twilight Princess. I loved that temple, especially when you got to slide later! But the desert dungeon in TP was absolutely awesome - the Spinner! I loved it! And the boss battle using it, it was such a nice change and really cool... unfortunately, the Spinner became obsolete as soon as you left the area...

Nurio wrote:
I actually never really had any trouble with any Zelda dungeon, aside from maybe the mansion in Twilight Princess, where you have to get swings moving with your ball and chain, then jump on the swing, and use the swing to reach the other side, all while stupid ice monsters throw ice spears at you...

Urgh, I hated the Mansion. Mostly because it was SO annoying. It's not just the fact that it's an ice level - and those INEVITABLY mean that you have to push some fucking blocks on an icy ground and you need to deal with them sliding further than you want - it's the fact that it's almost a bit claustrophobic. Everything is locked up.

And then there's the fact that 2/3 of the mansion are a fucking goose chase. Why the hell do you have ingredients locked away all over your house instead of just having them in the kitchen? Why can't you remember where you put the goddamn bedroom key to begin with? Hey, I have a fucking Morningstar! Screw the key, I'll just break the goddamn door down. (I wouldn't be surprised if Yeto actually did that during the post-boss scene)

I hate ice levels because you slide around all over the place, can't get good footing and, as I say above, you always have those damn push-blocks-on-ice puzzles. I hate them. They are my weakness. One of the reasons why Skyward Sword is my currently favorite Zelda game is because THERE IS NO DAMN ICE LEVEL! Sure, I'm a tad sad that it has two fire-themed and fire-prominent dungeons to go through, but hey. At least no ice.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

The new Mario Party actually looks really fun.

I've honestly never really had trouble with Zelda dungeons myself. Closest I can really think of is Great Bay Temple, but that was more the fairies than anything else.

For me, the reason the Water dungeons usually stand out as being bad to me has more to do with how Zelda handles swimming mechanics more than anything else. I'll still stand that Majora's Mask Zora on the N64 had the best swimming mechanics to date. But for me, dungeons like the water temples in OoT and TP felt more like a slog than something enjoyable to me. Just my opinion though.

Watching treehouse today, DQ8 was a must buy, but I'm really interested in wanting to try 7 now too.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
I've honestly never really had trouble with Zelda dungeons myself. Closest I can really think of is Great Bay Temple, but that was more the fairies than anything else.

I never understood the Great Bay Temple, so I never finished it. Then again, never 'properly' finished Majora's Mask cause I found the overall gameplay and mechanics terrible. Though I also never saw the Zora swimming in Majora to be good... felt horribly clunky to me.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

Well Mario party seems to be getting back on track.

But i lost an old friend in the process. Sayonara, Mario the paper.

Yabba Dabba Doo

CatMuto wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:
Quote:

The Water Temple was never that bad. Tedious, sure. But it was not overly complicated. And, in fact, out of the Zeldas I've played, I rather liked the (under)water areas. Like the Water Temple in Twilight Princess. I loved that temple, especially when you got to slide later! But the desert dungeon in TP was absolutely awesome - the Spinner! I loved it! And the boss battle using it, it was such a nice change and really cool... unfortunately, the Spinner became obsolete as soon as you left the area...

Nurio wrote:

Urgh, I hated the Mansion. Mostly because it was SO annoying. It's not just the fact that it's an ice level - and those INEVITABLY mean that you have to push some fucking blocks on an icy ground and you need to deal with them sliding further than you want - it's the fact that it's almost a bit claustrophobic. Everything is locked up.

And then there's the fact that 2/3 of the mansion are a fucking goose chase. Why the hell do you have ingredients locked away all over your house instead of just having them in the kitchen? Why can't you remember where you put the goddamn bedroom key to begin with? Hey, I have a fucking Morningstar! Screw the key, I'll just break the goddamn door down. (I wouldn't be surprised if Yeto actually did that during the post-boss scene)

I hate ice levels because you slide around all over the place, can't get good footing and, as I say above, you always have those damn push-blocks-on-ice puzzles. I hate them. They are my weakness. One of the reasons why Skyward Sword is my currently favorite Zelda game is because THERE IS NO DAMN ICE LEVEL! Sure, I'm a tad sad that it has two fire-themed and fire-prominent dungeons to go through, but hey. At least no ice.

C-A

To be honest, I only hate the Water Temple because of the tedium. It just takes so god damn long to finish. After that though, I really enjoyed the other water temples (Great Bay and Lakebed are two of my 15 favorite dungeons, and the Ancient Cistern is my favorite one of all time.)

I also loved Snowpeak, but then again I love all of TPs dungeons lol.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Well Mario party seems to be getting back on track.

But i lost an old friend in the process. Sayonara, Mario the paper.

The new Mario Party sounds ok, although I probably won't pick it up. It's a step in the right direction, though.

As for Color Splash, I'm convinced that someone has kidnapped the Paper Mario development team and is forcing them to make crappy games. Either that, or the development team is REALLY out of touch with the community.

A Kirby and AA fan

Thunder84 wrote:
I also loved Snowpeak, but then again I love all of TPs dungeons lol.

Just to make it clear, I liked that dungeon too. Just that part I described was frustrating. I didn't mind the nonsensical quests in that dungeon. "Grab the ingredient from the other side of the mansion" and all that kind of stuff.

Thunder84 wrote:
As for Color Splash, I'm convinced that someone has kidnapped the Paper Mario development team and is forcing them to make crappy games. Either that, or the development team is REALLY out of touch with the community.

It's actually a mostly new development team since Sticker Star, which definitely explains why it looks like this

OH BOY, 3AM!

CatMuto wrote:

I hate ice levels because you slide around all over the place, can't get good footing and, as I say above, you always have those damn push-blocks-on-ice puzzles. I hate them. They are my weakness.
C-A

The sliding block puzzles weren't that bad, imo.

I've played games that had way harder ice block pushing puzzles compared to Twilight Princess. I found TP's to be quite tame.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Sniper and Rifle wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

I hate ice levels because you slide around all over the place, can't get good footing and, as I say above, you always have those damn push-blocks-on-ice puzzles. I hate them. They are my weakness.
C-A

The sliding block puzzles weren't that bad, imo.

I personally hate them, because I just am not very good at figuring out how to move something that slides further than I want it to. Especially since iceblocks usually revolve around making longish roundabout ways to getting it to where you want it to. Which would have been done much faster, had there not been ice or I had a means of not letting them slide away.

Let's add in some spiked boots in Zelda, so that Link can have good footing on ice ground and PULL blocks instead of just pushing them on ice.

Quote:
I've played games that had way harder ice block pushing puzzles compared to Twilight Princess. I found TP's to be quite tame.

I don't care how tame or hard they are, I want them gone.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

How would spiked boots help you pull blocks on Ice? Sure they allow you to pull it but then it rolls over you and crushes you...not like it's going to have any more grip.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
How would spiked boots help you pull blocks on Ice? Sure they allow you to pull it but then it rolls over you and crushes you...not like it's going to have any more grip.

Don't question my science or that of videogames! :machi:

C-A

Witness my stand... FOUGHT THE LAW!!!

E3 this year ended up being interesting.

As an all time low Ubisoft bore me to the point I almost fell asleep. Watch Dogs 2 has dogs... and it still seems like a game with characters composed of absolute edgelords and wannabe revolutionaries, still it seemed fine gameplay wise... but I do not trust them one bit anymore.

Pc had a bunch of ripoffs of Space Engineers+No Man's Sky... I bet the developers are hoping for another delay until they can release their rippofs.

Sony ended up being my favourite with stuff like Zero Dawn, the God of War reboot. The rest was cool but no gameplay means not much to say... Resident Evil VII and Death Stranding seemed cool, but kojima's game has shown nothing and RE7 had a demo with not much to show besides a ton of similarities with P.T. And this year as a novelty... Call of Duty seemed to be actually cool.

Nintendo was pretty much just about Zelda and well it looked cool at least.

Microsoft had the XBONES (would have been funnier as the XBONER), scalebound and re-core so yeah that was kinda cool.

EA showed Battlefield 1 and the stream with celebrities playing was alright I guess... Titanfall2 was way cooler with all the additions made to gameplay and map size... story mode? Not so important but apreciated.

There was much more but that stood out...
Thanks. It was, is and always will be a pleasure.
"Getting into law school will make you realize how fucking bonkers these games are... like REALLY"
Page 1 of 2 [ 50 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station