Board index » General » Bar Exam

Page 2 of 2[ 66 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Warning: Down time whenever or whateverTopic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Very strange.

I just logged out and checked out the front page of both the forums and the main site. I don't see the errors you mentioned.

But this is the second time someone's mentioned this to me... So huh...

If anyone's able to duplicate this issue please say so, and give me any information you can regarding the circumstances.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Well, I have the error at home (Win 7 64, Firefox 5.0 + IE8) and at work (Win XP SP3, Firefox 5.0).

Web guy

Seems like a bug in PHPbb. Normally when you set headers with the header(); command they should apply. But in some cases if the output has already started to be sent, this is not possible.

This is due to the nature of HTTP. Headers can only be sent in the beginning, period. Theres no other way, because a HTTP response looks like this:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK (Here, for example, comes the INTERNAL SERVER ERROR with 500)
[Headers here]
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 1500
Cache-Control
[etc]
[2x LINEBREAK]
<html> [here starts the html content or whatever was sent]

My childhood right here

Well, I can't even get onto Court-Records.net, so...

Et tu, Brute?

Hmmm, I've tried messing around with the forums for a bit (changing options, etc.) and none of the aforementioned glitches/errors are arising. Maybe they are the result of browsers?

Edit: Spoke to soon, just encountered a problem. I can't update either my signature or my avatar picture. The page just continues to refresh after pressing 'Submit'. :eh?:

Web guy

No, I'm a dumbass.

The bug seems to be relating to court-records coding. In the index.php file of court-records ITSELF it seems the problem has to be searched for.

/home/courtrec/public_html/index.php

Question to the admin: Does this file or any of it's includes have a header(); command? This could be your hot lead.

Only if the php script checks for a browser before doing these header(); commands, only then can the browser do the difference.

It seems you are including phpBB functionality with include() or require(), and before that, setting headers.

My childhood right here

I can access the main page now...
DAMMIT WHY CAN'T I SOUND SMART LIKE YOU GUYS

Web guy

Steel Turnabout wrote:
I can access the main page now...
DAMMIT WHY CAN'T I SOUND SMART LIKE YOU GUYS

It isn't that hard. Read a book on PHP or something like that, keep the basic understanding of web development to yourself, and voilá, you can talk smart. Keeping the "understanding" of it is the hardest part though. It took me years of copying source snippets.

It's like speaking English. At the beginning you try to translate from your mother tongue, but later you more and more speak directly from your mind without thinking in your mother tongue. Ha!

Enough smart talk?

Deputy of Self-Esteem

The script itself for the front page news does not call the header function. However, it does delegate some of the load from the forums itself, which may be the source.

I've tenatively narrowed down the problem to either functions.php or session.php

But there's no valid reason I can theorize why if only phpBB is sending the header, why there'd be a conflict on the main site.

But that's just theorizing. The proof is in the pudding.

Web guy

Wooster wrote:
The script itself for the front page news does not call the header function. However, it does delegate some of the load from the forums itself, which may be the source.

I've tenatively narrowed down the problem to either functions.php or session.php

But there's no valid reason I can theorize why if only phpBB is sending the header, why there'd be a conflict on the main site.

But that's just theorizing. The proof is in the pudding.

So what comes up if you just search "header(" or possibly "header (" or just "header" in all the files? If there is nothing: Make sure that no HTML is being output before the header command is issued by phpBB. That means that even a single space " " can make php output something and make subsequent "header" commands error out.

Another solution would be to deactivate error reporting in php.ini. Cheap version ;D

Deputy of Self-Esteem

... or more practically, create a variable unique to the front page script, and wrap the header functions in conditional statements testing for said variable. =P

EDIT: Did what I just suggested I'd do. Someone mention if the error returns, as I've not had the error myself more then once.

It's yuzikichan!

Well, I can't get onto CR with my computer. I'm on my IPhone right now. When I try to go to the forums it says "Firefox cannot find the server."

Deputy of Self-Esteem

yuzikichan0 wrote:
Well, I can't get onto CR with my computer. I'm on my IPhone right now. When I try to go to the forums it says "Firefox cannot find the server."

I just loaded the site on FireFox 5... didn't have a problem.

It's yuzikichan!

I'll try it later

Wooster wrote:
yuzikichan0 wrote:

I just loaded the site on FireFox 5... didn't have a problem.

Same here, everything's working perfectly.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

It's yuzikichan!

Yeah, my computer was being dumb. It was loading every site BUT court-records. Then it was being weird on my iphone. But finally, it worked on both, but it takes a bajillion days to load because I have a really slow Internet connection (darn countryside, stupid farms). It's a lot quicker on my phone, but I only get 2gb if data a month.

I know, I'm just a mess.

Web guy

yuzikichan0 wrote:
Yeah, my computer was being dumb. It was loading every site BUT court-records. Then it was being weird on my iphone. But finally, it worked on both, but it takes a bajillion days to load because I have a really slow Internet connection (darn countryside, stupid farms). It's a lot quicker on my phone, but I only get 2gb if data a month.

I know, I'm just a mess.

I suppose you had DNS problems. But they resolve themselves fairly quick after mostly one day.

So before saying it doesn't work: Just wait one day.

Wooster wrote:
... or more practically, create a variable unique to the front page script, and wrap the header functions in conditional statements testing for said variable. =P

EDIT: Did what I just suggested I'd do. Someone mention if the error returns, as I've not had the error myself more then once.

Woah, true. I never did a lot of PHP (I am more of a ASP.NET developer!), so I don't know some specifics. The header problem exists the same in ASP.NET, though. At least if you don't use the MVC framework ;D.

Wooster wrote:

Well, I still have an error sometimes ;-)
On the homepage, juste above the news :
Quote:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/courtrec/public_html/index.php:6)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/courtrec/public_html/index.php:6)

From what I've seen, it appears when I load the homepage without having visited the forums before.
I can reload the homepage as much as I want, the error is still there; however, if I just visit the forums (I don't even need to login) and then reload the homepage, it works fine.

Logical conclusion : when it detects I don't have a session cookie yet, phpBB tries to set it, which is its normal behaviour - but since you have already displayed things in the page it fails sending headers for that.
You should put all your "phpBB-linking code" right at the top of the homepage, rather than just before the news, to avoid that :-)
Ace Attorney Online - Online trial creator and international Ace Attorney community.
AAO Deutsche version : AAO German section now open !

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Alright, I 'think' I've fixed this... again.

Again, next time someone sees this error tell me.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's back with reinforcements ^^

Still on the homepage :
Spoiler:
Quote:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Undefined variable: newblog
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1009: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/courtrec/public_html/index.php:6)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Undefined variable: newblog
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1009: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/courtrec/public_html/index.php:6)

And now there is also an error on the forum header when I'm logged out :
Spoiler:
Quote:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1009: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3528)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1009: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3528)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4248: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3528)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4250: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3528)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4251: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3528)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4252: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3528)

As far as the forum itself is concerned, it all comes from that "Undefined variable: newblog" error (the following errors occur because displaying the first error starts page output.)
Ace Attorney Online - Online trial creator and international Ace Attorney community.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Sorry about that... try it now?

Back to square one ;-)

The forums work perfectly again, but the homepage still gives out the following error before I first visit the forums (ie if the phpBB cookie isn't set yet).
Spoiler:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Alright... try it now?

It looks all right now, I can't reproduce the error ;-)

Thanks for fixing !

"Every puzzle has an answer!"

Great! CR is back ;_; I thought I'd never see it again.

So far, so great. Everything is perfect.

"We are all but travelers on a road of infinite points." - Godot -

My YouTube channel, click here!

Prime Suspect

Nice to hear that)))
I see everything!
Page 2 of 2 [ 66 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Bar Exam