Board index » General » Bar Exam

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

Forum ContestsTopic%20Title

GOD! MY! OH!

(noow imma not sure if this is the right topic to put this in,but I hope you wont go to harsh on me)

like, this is a concept I stole from an another forum I used to go to(non-english) where the users would often make unofficial (as in, no real award) user made off-topic contestests; in example Guess the Movie, where one user would post a picture from a movie (usually the whole screen) and then the other users would guess what movie it is, sending their answers to the OP,and once the round was over,the correct answer was revealed and the ones who answered right got a point (or two if the round consisted of two pictures, the first being the difficult and the latter easier but you got only 1 pt if you answer after the second picture), there were like 10-20 rounds usually, and then the one user with most pts or maybe the top three would get a reward,which usually consisted (since as I said it wasnt a serious contest for money or anything) of getting his post count up (because you got different levels bestowed upon biased of your post count, it was kinda a prestige thing but nothing to serious came with it); so since the forum has also like different levels you can get from post coutn (suspect, desk jockey, ace attorney and whatnot), so I think if it is the type of forum I think it is(at least I saw admins manipulate some users post count on an another different forum which also had .php in it) maybe the mods/admins could then gave the winners of said contest give the post count bonus,because as I said its nothing serious but kind of a prestige thing and the contest is manily for fun, to participate for other users

you can do lots of other themes like, Guess the Game (always sucked at that one), Guess the Song, Guess the City (boorign) or even really intricate forum games, where, the original poster would give a question and the answer that occured the most was the winning one and all the users who sent that answer got just as many points (empathy quiz I believe it was called), very original at times

so I wanted to ask if it is possible to manipulate that post count(because I mean, its not technically necessary but it is kinda a motivation for users to participate, other than fun) and ofc if people would even want to participate (or even make their own games)
I could do the movie themed one, maybe, like, updating once or twice per week, a few rounds...but lets not get too far ahead I gues

so waht do you guys think?
Re: Forum ContestsTopic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

We don't really like forum games so much, if only because CR folks turn them into chatrooms and it becomes a posting contest. Hence the rise and fall of the Berry Big Circus. No way to moderate them effectively either. And no, we won't bump post counts. Last thing we need is an incentive to spam.

But, considering the nature of your suggestion, it 'might' not be out of place in "Global Studios", assuming you keep with the movie theme. But I want other mods input before throwing the gavel.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

GOD! MY! OH!

but it aint a posting contest or spam imo, becuase you don't post the answer in the thread (so it wont keep getting bumped or anything) it all goes to the poster who runs the contest PM Inbox, which now that I think about is maybe a drawback because there is a limit..but I think no more than 20 ppl would join anyway
so let's say there would be a single thread named Guess the Movie and everytime I'd post an update, maybe some users would say if they recognize the movie a little but are not sure and the like (no hints ofc) and if they know the answer they send a PM, then when it ends (maybe after a week), the correct answer is revealed, you update the statistic so far and post the next round
wouldn't have too many posts in it really, definately less than 10 pages by the end of the whole thing

GOD! MY! OH!

huh well, guess its a moot topic now that no one has shown interest in it anyway
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » General » Bar Exam