Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 37 of 41[ 1610 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Re: Rate the Last Movie you SawTopic%20Title

The King of All

I also saw Fury Road, I thought it was amazing and a modern classic. Mostly everything was perfect, the cinematography, the effects, I loved it all.
9.5/10
The king of all, Sir Duke

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Cursed - (「超」怖い話A 闇の鴉)
A Japanese horror film from 2004 directed by Yoshihiro Hoshino, based on written work by Yumeaki Hirayama.

It was very different and unique. It was pretty cheesy in some areas, but it had me speaking to my television.
"Why do you have so many keys, bitch?"
"Omg run!"
"CLOSE THE ELEVATOR!"
"That guy is gonna be there... I KNEW IT!"
and many other things were shouted, but overall it was a pretty good/odd film and I wouldn't mind watching it again.

7 / 10
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

Spy - 9/10

I went into this not expecting much but it turned out to be much more fun than I anticipated. It's sort of the female equivalent of Kingsman: The Secret Service in that both films serve as a deconstruction of Bond films only to become a celebration of them in the end.

Of particular note is Jason Statham's character, in which he parodies his usual badass manly man roles and plays a bumbling idiot who talks about how badass he is. I'm impressed at how good at comedic timing he was and he definitely stole the show.

Objection!

The last movie I watched was Age of Adeline.

I loved it! I would recommend it to people who love history and a little romance.

9/10

:will: :will: :will:
Huh!? Hey! You can't just go saying "pal" like that! That's MY endearing character trait!- Dick Gumshoe

Demonic Toys - 1992
Pinocchio's Revenge - 1996
Amityville Dollhouse - 1996

Daniel and I watched creepy doll films on Sunday.

Demonic Toys. First time watching it. I looked away from the screen a lot because one of the main evil toys was a clown. After he had his face blown off I was okay, but then there were little clown toys here and there. *shivers* Pretty good film, for an oldie.
7 / 10

Pinocchio's Revenge. I've seen this film before yeeeeears ago. It just makes me laugh. I wish it was more brutal, but it was alright.
7 / 10

Amityville Dollhouse. I had high hopes seeing as I liked the other Amityville films, but this one was dumb. It was supposed to revolve around the dollhouse, but I see more sex than anything else. Plus a character Daniel and I liked dies. If it didn't have all the sex I'd like it more.
5 / 10

[Whip the cream!]

Who saw her die? Giallo movie from 1972. It wasn't a favourite of mine when it comes to that genre, but I enjoyed it quite a bit and I definitely find it memorable (sometimes when I watch a lot of movies in the same genre, where some are great, some good and some half-good some of them melt into a blur). 4/5
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Call me James

Just got back from seeing Inside Out. Wow. What a movie. And it's good for both children (by suggesting to them that certain feelings are okay to express) and adults (I cried massively at the end, no joke).

Solid 10/10. After sequels/prequels to existing franchises, Pixar absolutely nailed it with this one. This is why I love them. Films like these.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Sherlock Holmes II: A Game of Shadows

9/10

This movie's great! A story that wraps up at the end nicely, plus two climaxes that really keep you guessing. Plus, Downey Jr. captures Holmes's deductions and quirkiness brilliantly.

Also, that ending.

Watched Birdman today. Some friends were talking to me about how the movie is overrated and didn't deserve the Oscars. I disagree completely. It's fucking brilliant. It's not easy to like it because it is too filled with symbolism and surrealism, but that's what makes it suit my tastes. And I really liked its cinematic technique. I'm giving it 8,8/10 or 4/5.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Jurassic World. Prepare for a long post here.

I didn't enjoy it at all. It was a giant rehash of the first Jurassic Park film. There are literally whole sequences that seem to be lifted from the original. The problem is that A) I've already seen it before, and B) Colin Trevarrow's cinematography and directing is good but not as good as Spielburgh's, so the reminiscent scenes seem cheap by comparison. If the movie tried some more original action scenes, I'm sure it would have looked great, because Trevarrow is obviously a talented guy. But when something is that close to the original it cheapens the thing.

I also found the few new elements in the plot (mutant dinosaur, Chris Pratt training raptors, etc.) to be reaching too hard to try and one-up the last film. The mutant dino isn't a dino; it's basically a supervillain, and the films basically treats it like that when it's not treating it like T-Rex 2.

I also found Bryce Howard's character to be poorly-written and badly acted. Arrested Development's Judy Greer was a better actor in this film and she's in the movie for like 3 minutes. The choices made with her character are kind of sexist as well. The whole movie basically makes her character arc go from "she's a successful woman who can't feel love or compassion" to "I'm a good mother figure now". The phone conversation between her and Greer's character just spells this out, with Greer saying something along the lines of "You will have children someday, even if you don't think you want them". This is also coupled with the fact that the character won't take off her high heels, even when Pratt tells her to because they are running away from the dinosaur. Trevarrow says that he told her that and that she really wanted her character to keep them on, but my response to that is: you are the director. If an actor makes a choice that doesn't make sense, you are in a position to say "actually, that won't work". It's disappointing that the character turned out the way she did, considering the previous Jurassic Park films have always done a pretty good job with strong women's roles (to be fair, Laura Dern in JP1 also really wanted a baby, but she was much more practical in her actions throughout the movie, and it was Sam Neil who almost took on the Bryce Howard role as he slowly learned to like kids).

I didn't find any of the characters really likable or logical in their actions, especially the children. I don't care how long Jurassic World has been around for, no teenager is on his cell phone while going past a stegasaurus. I've been to Disneyland like 5 times in my life and I still can't help but stop and look at the C-3PO and R2D2 animatronics that are inside Star Tours. Dinosaurs are like 1000x that.

I found the scene where the assistant gets tortured and eaten to be way over the top. It came out of nowhere as none of the violence in the movie is that bad. I'm unsure why they focused on her, as she didn't really do anything wrong, especially when the "villain" Vincent D'norfrio died pretty quickly and off-camera.

D'norfrio was also my favorite actor in this film. The rest (even Pratt) seem pretty wooden, but I don't blame them because it's obviously the script.

In conclusion, I felt like the movie didn't do anything new, both in film form and story content. If I wanted a nostalgia fest about how great the first movie was, I'll go back and watch the first movie. People bad-mouth The Lost World and Jurassic Park III (and while I really like the Lost World I agree that Jurassic Park III isn't great) but those movies both did something different, especially The Lost World; I think that's part of the reason that The Lost World gets a lot of hate.

So, I wasn't crazy about it. It kind of makes me worried about the new Star Wars film: will it try something new, or will it just be a giant OT rehash to stir up nostalgia (and possible use that to try and "atone" for the prequels). It looks great visually but we'll have to see when it comes out.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Great Revival

I used to love Chicken Little, but rewatching it, it's horrible.
I rate it 2/10 for mostly reasons in this video

[Whip the cream!]

Scarface. It was... well, it was good. Had been wanting to see it for a while, so it was fun to finally watch it. Not really "my" genre, but I understand why so many people love it. Pacino's accent was atrocious, though. I think the movie is... hm. 6/10 I think.

Call me Ishmael.

Watched The Intouchables (France, 2013) in a class. When it tried to be funny I mostly found it obnoxious. Still a decent "odd friendship" story.

6/10
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Star Wars VII 8.5/10

Enoshima Junko-chan!

It's been a while

Inside Out: 9.5/10, up there with Pixar's greatest like Toy Story and The Incredibles.

Frozen: 7/10. Tangled is better in almost every way.

Call me Ishmael.

^ It's been too long since I watched anything from Disney or Pixar.

Hachi: A Dog's Tale - 9/10
Very moving, a must-watch for dog lovers. It's rather telling that a movie can feature Jason Alexander (Costanza from Seinfeld) as a major role and still be a tearjerker.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Hmm... It was actually Star Wars: the Force Awakens. I'll rate it... 8/10. Good nostalgia, good story but some parts were a bit too predictable. Minus points for certain characters death. I'm still not over it. Plus points for BB-8 and Poe Dameron.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2. 7.5/10. A good movie, and my favourite of the Hunger Games movies. There's plenty of tension and drama, but there are a few pacing issues and remembering the names of these characters is a pain.

Danksgiving

Pitch Perfect 1 and 2. 4/10 and 2/10 respectively.

plz wipe the look of permanent disgust off your face main character okay thanks

Evangelion 3.33333333333333333532154354609643

Okay I guess it's kind of my own fault for expecting Eva to actually make any sort of sense but ffs Gainax khara how many shots are you going to take at this

Spoiler: Don't read if you want to find out about the movie yourself
So after the second movie I guess Shinji accidentally brought on the apocalypse (I was pretty sure Kaworu swooped in at the very end to stop it but whatever it's been like three years since I watched it) and he's been in a coma for the last 14 years, though he and the other Eva pilots are the only ones who haven't aged because REASONS

Misato and the rest of the NERV crew apparently mutinied against Gendo and she's leading them in a mission to save what's left of the earth and "wipe out NERV". So why doesn't she just bomb the shit out of what's left of their headquarters, since the only ones left are Gendo, Fuyutski, Rei, and Kaworu? You're asking the wrong person

So anyway, Shinji wakes up (he was inside his Eva which is apparently now powering Misato's new aircraft) and the first thing Misato does is order her team to slap a bomb collar on him and threaten to blow his head off if he even thinks of setting foot in an Eva again. Yeah, that's real nice, can't believe he took the first chance he had to get out of there.

Rei shows up, saves Shinji, takes him to the remains of NERV where he's not treated much better by his father, blah blah long story short he finds out not only did he fail to save Rei at the end of the second movie, but Rei is a completely expendable clone. So he pretty much destroyed the world for nothing. Okay, I get it, Shinji, your life sucks hard. That's still no reason to act like a complete dipshit.

After being dead-set against ever piloting an Eva again, Kaworu just tells him to go to Central Dogma, pull the spears out of Lilith, and Fourth Impact will fix the world, and Shinji immediately goes with it. Then Asuka shows up to try to stop him and even Kaworu says "hold up, something's not right about this" so you'd expect Shinji to at least hesitate a little. Nope, he basically goes "shut up, I'm doing this" and nearly destroys the world. Again.

Oh, anyone remember how neat it was when Mari was introduced to the story? A brand-new Eva pilot to add to the group, bet that'll shake things up! Well, she spends the entirety of this movie as Asuka's backup. That's literally all she does. Will she ever serve an important part in the story? I guess I'll find out in another three years when the last film comes out.

3.33 repeating out of.... let's say 6.

[Whip the cream!]

Reservoir Dogs, 's been a while since I last saw it, and since I watched The Hateful Eight, which I really enjoyed (4,5/5 or something), on cinema a few days ago I felt like watching and rewatching some more Tarantino. I love Reservoir Dogs, it's my favourite Tarantino movie, and Tim Roth's acting and bleeding is wicked, wicked, wicked. 5/5.

Ready for action!

Just got back from seeing the live action Jungle Book remake/reboot.

9/10 It improved so much from the original film. Loved Baloo and Bagheera's roles especially.

Another recent movie I saw, Zootopia.

9/10. I really want to give this a perfect score. I really do. But I hate that damn sloth scene. It gets on my nerves and isn't even the least bit funny to me. x.x

The Boy - 2016

It seemed pretty interesting judging by the trailer, buuuut it wasn't good. I feel that it was a bad attempt at creating a movie that, I believe, was loosely based on Robert with a few things left out and changed.
The trailer made it seemed like the doll would move, talk, etc, but he just sat there. I feel fooled like the way I was fooled as a child by the Kangaroo Jack trailer. I thought he could talk, but it was only a 2 minute scene that was a mirage.
Back on topic, I really love scary doll movies, but this was just ugh.
I'm glad I didn't waste money seeing it in the theater.

★☆☆☆☆

i feel pretty

Hardcore Henry.

Mostly just a gimmick that plays out like a bad videogame adaptation (silent protagonists are an outdated trope in gaming as it is) and has the aesthetic of a tacky, early 2000s goth kid's favourite action-horror movie. The highly predictable twist also created a lot of plotholes, not that this movie was particularly concerned about plot.

On the other hand there were some inventive setpieces here, and Jimmy absolutely stole the show.

Hit and miss, 5/10.

Last edited by Lind on Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Objection intensifies

Mad Max: Fury Road ("Mad Max: Estrada da fúria" in portuguese)
9/10
Brazil has Ace Attorney fans too!
Vasco da Gama, Champion of Land and Sea! Always by your side, until the end.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Monsters, Inc.

A month ago, I saw this movie for the first time since I saw it in theatres. One of Pixar's best, it's still funny, touching, and has a good message about facing your fears. 9/10. Monsters University lacked what made Monsters, Inc. great.

Bidoof bidoof bidoof is on fire

Inside Out
I watched it for the third time, in my psychology class yesterday. I definitely recommend it if you haven't seen it already; I take something new from it each time I watch it. One of my absolute favourite Pixar movies. 10/10

I also saw Return of Jafar for the first time in years and I'm neutral to it, I guess. I don't like it quite as much as I did when I was a little kid, but I think it's better than most people say it is. It's not very high quality or as exciting as the first Aladdin, but it's enjoyable enough. 6/10
I... feel foolish.

My tumblr: http://www.polkadot-cookie.tumblr.com
My Apollo-centric sideblog: http://www.chords-of-fine.tumblr.com

If we don't have order, Prosecutor Blackquill will yell at us!

Enoshima Junko-chan!

You've probably heard that Pixar consulted psychologists and therapists to make Inside Out accurate.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Just saw The Peanuts Movie for the first time today. It was actually surprisingly good. I was worried I wasn't going to care for it too much, but despite a few minor hiccups with various stylistic choices (which honestly weren't all that bad, just different), I found myself enjoying the movie as much as, if not more than, most of the other movies in the franchise.

A solid 8/10

Beware of the Dog

I saw Spiderman and it was pretty nice. Maybe a little unrealistic because
a) Nobody recognised Spiderman's voice. Not even MJ.
b) Everybody who was present when the brawl at school happened saw the thread linking that tray directly to Peter's wrist, but nobody made the connection to Spiderman.
c)There were a lot of other things that should've made them suspicious. The backflip. The reflexes. The brawl itself. The missing glasses. The muscular build out of nowhere. But nobody cared.
But it was cool anyway, and I think Marvel's super hero's are a bit nicer than DC's, and I like super heros in general, so I'll give it a 7/10.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Viktoria von Karma wrote:
I saw Spiderman and it was pretty nice. Maybe a little unrealistic because
a) Nobody recognised Spiderman's voice. Not even MJ.
b) Everybody who was present when the brawl at school happened saw the thread linking that tray directly to Peter's wrist, but nobody made the connection to Spiderman.
c)There were a lot of other things that should've made them suspicious. The backflip. The reflexes. The brawl itself. The missing glasses. The muscular build out of nowhere. But nobody cared.
But it was cool anyway, and I think Marvel's super hero's are a bit nicer than DC's, and I like super heros in general, so I'll give it a 7/10.

If you liked that one, you should really enjoy Spider-Man 2. Just don't bother with Spider-Man 3.

Also, you may want to check out The Amazing Spider-Man. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was okay, but the first film in that series was the best.

迷探偵

Captain America: Civil War's portrayal of Spider-Man is pretty good actually. Might want to check that one out too.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Captain America Civil War 9/10 I liked how it introduced new superheroes mainly black panther. Basiclly there's two plots to the movie, Zemo tries to revive other super soldiers in an abandoned base by mind controlling Bucky "Winter Soldier". The other plot is while saving the world the Avengers have killed hundreds of people, and the government wants them to sign a contract were they can only fight if the government makes them. I also like the new spiderman, they didn't try to make him cool like the Andrew Garfeild spiderman instead they made him like what an average teenager acts like!

But yeah the movie was really good, if your into superhero movies go see it. You won't be dissapointed.

Bidoof bidoof bidoof is on fire

MBr wrote:
You've probably heard that Pixar consulted psychologists and therapists to make Inside Out accurate.

I actually didn't know that, but I'm not surprised. It really is an accurate depiction of what depression feels like; it clears up misconceptions that people tend to have about mental illness. (showing how it isn't just crying all the time, how you can't just "cheer up")

It's funny, before the movie came out I wrote a story for my French class about emotions and associating them with colours (anger with red, fear with purple, sadness with blue) and how depression wasn't so much blue as it was grey, feeling empty and not just crying everyday. Then the movie came out around three months later and it was identical to what I was trying to get across.
I... feel foolish.

My tumblr: http://www.polkadot-cookie.tumblr.com
My Apollo-centric sideblog: http://www.chords-of-fine.tumblr.com

If we don't have order, Prosecutor Blackquill will yell at us!

Nado13579 wrote:
MBr wrote:

I actually didn't know that, but I'm not surprised. It really is an accurate depiction of what depression feels like; it clears up misconceptions that people tend to have about mental illness. (showing how it isn't just crying all the time, how you can't just "cheer up")

It's funny, before the movie came out I wrote a story for my French class about emotions and associating them with colours (anger with red, fear with purple, sadness with blue) and how depression wasn't so much blue as it was grey, feeling empty and not just crying everyday. Then the movie came out around three months later and it was identical to what I was trying to get across.

I think that it is notable how art usually romanticises loneliness, but Inside Out was a case of saying "hey! Feeling this way is awful!" Hence why the main character's room was absent of decorations and furniture: as it provided a physical representation of the isolation and loneliness of the character.

I agree with you that it is an excellent representation of depression. There is someone in my University class that claims that it is a rubbish display of depression, but I have never understood it.

All the praise goes to Inside Out!

(Why didn't Joy just put the core memories up the tube with the annoying jingles?! It just doesn't make sense :yogi: )
Sig.

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

The Jungle Bungle Remake

why is this getting scored high, exactly

Christopher Walken Monkey was entertaining. The script was shoddy and I never once bought the main kid's acting. The best part is the end credits that just show off the great animation and really beautiful visuals. The more I think about it the more annoyed I get by the writing. Things just. Happen. Seemingly big emotional moments are annoyed. Logic is defied and flimsy unless the plot needs it to be. Things just happen and then ok onto the next scene. The story ends as abruptly as it began.

on the plus side, i've looked into original Jungle Bundle and found that original Mowgli was hardcore. Living with wolves made him actually badass, when Shere Khan finally got on his nerves he trapped and straight up killed him, and when a village turned on him and his family, he had his animal friends just stomp it to the ground

can i get a movie of that please

Shadowsleuth wrote:
The Jungle Bungle Remake

why is this getting scored high, exactly

Christopher Walken Monkey was entertaining. The script was shoddy and I never once bought the main kid's acting. The best part is the end credits that just show off the great animation and really beautiful visuals. The more I think about it the more annoyed I get by the writing. Things just. Happen. Seemingly big emotional moments are annoyed. Logic is defied and flimsy unless the plot needs it to be. Things just happen and then ok onto the next scene. The story ends as abruptly as it began.

on the plus side, i've looked into original Jungle Bundle and found that original Mowgli was hardcore. Living with wolves made him actually badass, when Shere Khan finally got on his nerves he trapped and straight up killed him, and when a village turned on him and his family, he had his animal friends just stomp it to the ground

can i get a movie of that please

Haven't seen this movie yet, but you sold me at "Christopher Walken monkey" :')

"I... Am... AMONNNKEEEY."
Sig.

Gettin' Old!

X-Men Days of Future Past

Finally got to this one so that I can be up to date for the next one but man this one messes with my head...

Well good things first:
Quicksilver is amazing and absolutely has the best scene in the movie, possibly tied with Young!Magneto.
It's good to see the cast meeting up like this. Especially seeing Old!Magneto and Old!Xavier again.
It's different from how I remember the plot (Bishop is the one who is sent back and Gambit is suspected of the murder I think) but it still holds together.
The action scenes are genuinely pretty great and there's plenty of tension to be had.

Right now some of the problems, in the spoiler box.
Spoiler: Spoilers!
Assuming the 'present' of this movie is the same timeline as the first three X-men movies then it leaves a number of problems:
1: Did those films not happen or something? According to the events of the film Sentinels would have been in production much earlier...in fact the first film is talking about whether mutants should be punished or persecuted but for the 'present' of the film to happen then the Sentinels would have to be commissioned in the 70's and America would have already made a decidedly anti-mutant stand. Jean Grey would never be given a chance to speak as an ambassador for mutants in the first film because the production of Sentinels would mean all out war.
2: It would also mean Mystique wouldn't have been around for those original movies due to being captured and experimented on.
3: I'd been told this erased the X-Men origins Wolverine plot and sure he doesn't have the Metal Skeleton yet but by the end of the film we can see Weapon X is still a program on the go. The abominable Dead Pool would probably still have happened instead of the Deadpool we know.
4: Toad was in NAM. I mean...he's also in the first X-Men film and he looks nowhere NEAR old enough to have fought in Vietnam there.
5: If we assume that the 'Present' Xavier is a result of the 'Past' Xavier, how on Earth did he get that 'together' in the first place? When we see Xavier in the 70's he's an utter mess who has given up on the school. It takes Logan and an actual timey-wimey discussion with his future self for him to get his head together. Now assuming that in the original timeline of 'Present' Xavier Logan never arrived first time around how on Earth did the X-Men even formulate with a drunk Charles Xavier who doesn't do anything and denies his powers so he can stagger around in his dressing gown.
6: Same really goes for Magneto, in the original timeline he'd have stayed locked away.

Really it's the first one that really bothers me.

Overall it is a good movie though. 8/10
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

迷探偵

Pierre wrote:

It's different from how I remember the plot (Bishop is the one who is sent back and Gambit is suspected of the murder I think) but it still holds together.

That's the cartoon version, actually. The original comic has Kitty Pryde sending herself back in time.

Quote:
Assuming the 'present' of this movie is the same timeline as the first three X-men movies then it leaves a number of problems:
1: Did those films not happen or something? According to the events of the film Sentinels would have been in production much earlier...in fact the first film is talking about whether mutants should be punished or persecuted but for the 'present' of the film to happen then the Sentinels would have to be commissioned in the 70's and America would have already made a decidedly anti-mutant stand. Jean Grey would never be given a chance to speak as an ambassador for mutants in the first film because the production of Sentinels would mean all out war.

Spoiler:
It's been a while since I saw the film, but I think the Sentinels were indeed in (some form of) production/development in the original timeline since the 70s, but at a different (slower) pace. After Trask's murder, the Sentinel Program was continued, but things like widespread recognition of the existence of mutants (and 'the dangers they pose') are slightly more recent problems. And it took them quite some years to make the Sentinels with the new adaptative features.

But then Logan was sent back in time, they broke out Magneto and made a nice international TV appearance at that one conference, which sped up the Sentinel Program and anti-mutant sentiments in the DOFP timeline, until it was stopped again at the end of the film because of whatever happened to Trask at the end of the film/mutants saving the president/stuff (memory is blurry)

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Gettin' Old!

Ash wrote:
Pierre wrote:

That's the cartoon version, actually. The original comic has Kitty Pryde sending herself back in time.

Quote:

Spoiler:
It's been a while since I saw the film, but I think the Sentinels were indeed in (some form of) production/development in the original timeline since the 70s, but at a different (slower) pace. After Trask's murder, the Sentinel Program was continued, but things like widespread recognition of the existence of mutants (and 'the dangers they pose') are slightly more recent problems. And it took them quite some years to make the Sentinels with the new adaptative features.

But then Logan was sent back in time, they broke out Magneto and made a nice international TV appearance at that one conference, which sped up the Sentinel Program and anti-mutant sentiments in the DOFP timeline, until it was stopped again at the end of the film because of whatever happened to Trask at the end of the film/mutants saving the president/stuff (memory is blurry)

Spoiler: In response
But that doesn't make any sense though. In the original timeline Trask was still assassinated and Mystique was captured and KILLED. Therefore she wouldn't have been available for the first 3 films.

Also Trask already had 8 prototype sentinels ready to go in the 70s so even if production was slower the sentinels would have still been around and a known thing in addition to drastically different attitudes towards mutants that shouldn't exist.

After all if legislation is signed that legalises the hunting and apprehension of mutants then there's no way a known mutant like Jean Grey could have given a speech to congress in X1.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 37 of 41 [ 1610 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios