Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 29 posts ]

Disney's "Tarzan"Topic%20Title

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

...is extremely underrated.

I didn't like it much when I first watched it as a kid, but after rewatching recently, it's really, really, growing on me. The animation is BEAUTIFUL (the tree-surfing is just mind-blowing in how fluid and smooth it is), the soundtrack kicks ass (Phil Collins!) and it's one of the darker Disney movies... at least, it's got one of the highest body counts of all of them (characters that actually matter, that is). Well voice acted, also.
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)
Re: Disney's "Tarzan"Topic%20Title

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I've only seen the movie a couple of times, but I have to admit that it is one of my favorite Disney movies. The animation, in my opinion is breathtaking and the songs by Phil Colins always seemed to have fit the moods that the movie was in. In fact, his song "You'll be in My Heart" was a very well done song and it even moved me to tears! I really need to see this movie again though!
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

e × e = e²

Yeah, of the late Disney animated movies, Tarzan truly is one of the better features. It's probably the "Little Mermaid" of its batch, being one of the first new Disney movies to ditch the Broadway setup.

And then Disney proceeded to overuse Phil Collins for the rest of its productions. D:

But yes, Tarzan is in that special little corner of our video collection, right next to Tonari No Totoro for family-friendly viewing. For when the little cousins come over to play... or when we feel like turning time back some years.
ImageImageImageImageImage

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

Phil Collins rules but it is quite possible to overuse him. And they did.
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

Built For The Kill

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Phil Collins rules but it is quite possible to overuse him. And they did.

That statement just screams "Brother Bear". :/

On-topic: I never really cared much for the movie, and that's possibly due to the fact that the animated series they made after the movie was released wasn't even good. I do agree that it's got some good animation and the plot's well done. Tree Snowboarding = Win.
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.

Fabu♥

MoronSonOfBoron wrote:
Yeah, of the late Disney animated movies, Tarzan truly is one of the better features. It's probably the "Little Mermaid" of its batch, being one of the first new Disney movies to ditch the Broadway setup.

Which is ironic because Tarzan is now on Broadway
ImageImage

Fabu♥

I loved Tarzan as a kid and I still love it to this day. It's not my favorite Disney movie but it had some damn good animation and the music was <3

And I don't think it was too underrated. After all there's a Broadway show based on it now.
ImageImage

Shake it up, baby, now, TWIST AND SHOUT!

Phil Collins was good, and the story was ok, but not the best diney film.

LION KING FTW!

(also mickey mouse rules)

I think the movie was good, but the whole Tarzan thing was so familiar it didn't impress me. I used to watch live-actions and parody movies (George of The Jungle WTF) as a small kid and me liked.
Then the Disney movie came out, and I see almost the exact same type of story and ending. Tarzan saves Jane from an evil hunter with the help of some Gorillas and blah blah, so familiar. However, tree snowboarding and animation was PURE WIN. :godot:

The same thing can be said about other Disney movies as well, though I think the Tarzan franchise was already popular and known before its Disney-counterpart came out. I think that's why it's underrated.

Most concerned citizen out there.

Awesome movie!
Xbox Live: LadyDuoMaxwell

Comfy and easy to wear.

Really? I didn't think they overused Phil Collins at all... maybe it's because I love him to bits, but the only Disney movies I remember him being in were Brother Bear and Tarzan. And I loved him in both.

I only rewatched it pretty recently and I noticed it ebing a lot darker than I remember, particularly regarding Clayton's death - I was all "O.o I don't remember that."

The voice actors were all suberb, yeah, but it was the animation that was the most stunning thing of all - Disney really outdid themselves with the tree-surfing scenes and such. My favorite bits were the fight with the leopard and the running away from the rabid monkeys.

This has always bothered me - is Turk (the young gorilla) a boy or a girl?

e × e = e²

Both voice actors for Turk are female, so I'm assuming.... but then again, Rosie O'Donnell is kind of a dyke. I just try not to think too hard about it. :meekins:

The animation for this movie was wonderful. <3

Oh, and Turk is a girl.

Defend til the End!

My memory of this is film is that Tarzan got to put his face against Jane's boob.

I recall thinking, 'Lucky Bastard.'

e × e = e²

Interesting thing happened at the Sony Metreon in San Francisco. I was watching Tarzan with my family and we just got to the part where Tarzan started to inspect Jane.

At that precise moment he approached her, the video cut out, and all we could hear was Minnie Driver squealing...

Eventually the audience was ushered out and given free tickets to another showing.

MoronSonOfBoron wrote:
Interesting thing happened at the Sony Metreon in San Francisco. I was watching Tarzan with my family and we just got to the part where Tarzan started to inspect Jane.

At that precise moment he approached her, the video cut out, and all we could hear was Minnie Driver squealing...

Eventually the audience was ushered out and given free tickets to another showing.

That is HILARIOUS. XD

Ace Sidekick!

Tarzan is friggin hot. x3

Tarzan is one of my favorite Disney movies as well, awesome animation, awesome family scenes, awesome soundtrack.

The sad thing though is I didn't know Turk was female until I was.....18. ^^;

The animation was done very well.
But the villain is boring and I feel like Phil Collins was severely overused. Why does he have to sing for majority of the movie? Whatever happened to just letting music play for a scene, let the music tell me what's going on and move me emotionally, not have some guy singing lyrics that basically broil down to "Yoooouuuu must feel thiiiiiiiiiis a this sceeeeene~"
Really ruins the moments for me.

Subtletly, people, subtlety.

C-A

Little known fact- Phil Collins recorded the whole soundtrack in English and in Spanish! It's cray.

Ace Sidekick!

chief_skye4444 wrote:
Little known fact- Phil Collins recorded the whole soundtrack in English and in Spanish! It's cray.

And Italian and German. ^-^

chief_skye4444 wrote:

Still stands the point that he sings too much in that movie...

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

I think Brother Bear had worse use of Phil Collins...Then again I only watched Nostalgia Critic's review.

The dwarf geeky panda!

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
chief_skye4444 wrote:

And Italian and German. ^-^

And french! Man this guy was really into this project. :will: My favorite song is more Two world though. I'm also one of the dumbasses who did not realise Tuck was female.

Cat: It is a disney movie. It is normal that there is a FEEL THE EMOTION in the movie, like in all american movie.
Please don't hit me...

Quote:
Cat: It is a disney movie. It is normal that there is a FEEL THE EMOTION in the movie, like in all american movie.

Indeed it's a Disney movie, but I don't remember previous Disney songs having THE SOUNDTRACK singing and telling me how to feel. In Lion King, we don't have "This is saaaaaaaaaaaad~ You gotta cryyyyyy~" during Mufasa's death. In Mulan, we don't have "This is epic! This is tense! See how she does this epic stuff!" when she cuts her hair and decides to join the army in her father's stead.

Yes, we had THE CHARACTER'S singing their song and telling us about their emotions. But that was in-universe stuff, the characters doing stuff. Not the soundtrack suddenly breaking the fourth wall.

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

True, I don't think even Guile's theme would go good with mufasa's death. :/

*is shot*

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
True, I don't think even Guile's theme would go good with mufasa's death. :/

*is shot*

That is a challenge, if I ever saw one.

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

On the bright side Phil Collins didn't start singing during the character death at the end...No, not Clayton. Tarzan's "father."

Speaking of which, the original opening of Tarzan was much darker ._.

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
Speaking of which, the original opening of Tarzan was much darker ._.

I know this is Disney, but what's so wrong with making a dark movie? They can make a dark movie and still be it for kids. Learn something from Don Bluth movies. Like the Feivel movie or Land before a Time (was that one of is? I think I did) those were pretty dark, had some really dark imagery for kids and yet they were still great. Mostly because, for the most part, they had a happy ending.

Look at Hunchback. That is the darkest Disney movie, and adult one, I can think of. Of course it's still very kid-friendly at parts, I mean Esmeralda not dying, her getting together with Phoebus, Phoebus actually being kind and Frollo being displayed as nothing but a bad guy, rather than a Priest who was extreme but always had a kind heart inside... It's still pretty dark and adult. (And why I love it!)

But even Disney has some really dark parts in it.
Look at Snow White and the forest she runs through.

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

The dark opening was replaced with Phil Collins...Go figure. You can still find the original opening on YouTube though. (On my phone, don't feel like sharing a link now.)

However Tarzan was still dark...As a teen learning more about Clayton's death made my stomach turn.
Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios