Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 3 of 4[ 138 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Superhero movies!Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

That strategy is so bloody insulting to my struggles XD
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ace Sidekick!

All-Star Superman was sooooo weird. :/

State Alchemist

"You wanna know how powerful I am?...Well I wanna know too.........I'm Electro!"

After a few hours in Photoshop CS3, I was able to do this! Hope you like it!

Spoiler: Before

Spoiler: After

Ace Sidekick!

D:

...*galls off bed*

...*picks myself back up* Sorry about that.

Anyways, there is going to be yet another Wolverine movie...Discuss?

Not sure if I'll watch it...Is it bad that I love X-Men but I don't really care for Wolverine? :/

He gets too much spotlight...And yet they say Batman is overexposed.

I'm going to see The Wolverine tomorrow! I'm looking forward to the Japanese setting and of course Hugh Jackman's performance! Hideo Kojima actually wanted him to play Solid Snake in the proposed Metal Gear movie at one point. :jake:

All this talk about super heroes reminds me of the Lupin III song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRBQz-yd7-Q
"I'm the one, everybody's waited fooooor..." :yogi:

Can't get it out of my head! :meekins:

Gettin' Old!

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
I'm going to see The Wolverine tomorrow! I'm looking forward to the Japanese setting and of course Hugh Jackman's performance! Hideo Kojima actually wanted him to play Solid Snake in the proposed Metal Gear movie at one point. :jake:

All this talk about super heroes reminds me of the Lupin III song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRBQz-yd7-Q
"I'm the one, everybody's waited fooooor..." :yogi:

Can't get it out of my head! :meekins:

Hmmm...yeah Hugh Jackman could pull it off.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Quote:

At one point Christian Bale was also considered, though that's probably not happening. I'd also say Clint Eastwood or Kurt Russel if the film was made years ago. Right now they're way too old. Perhaps one of them could work playing Old Snake. :jake:

Kojima wants to actually get someone who's virtually unknown in Hollywood. If Metal Gear's a success, it would be his "big break" into fame according to him.

I wonder if Kiefer Sutherland would be able to play Snake in the potential live-action film, though. After all he IS a live-action actor after all.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:

At one point Christian Bale was also considered, though that's probably not happening. I'd also say Clint Eastwood or Kurt Russel if the film was made years ago. Right now they're way too old. Perhaps one of them could work playing Old Snake. :jake:

Kojima wants to actually get someone who's virtually unknown in Hollywood. If Metal Gear's a success, it would be his "big break" into fame according to him.

I wonder if Kiefer Sutherland would be able to play Snake in the potential live-action film, though. After all he IS a live-action actor after all.

I don't think Kiefer Sutherland could really pull off Snake as a person. Still that's a real nice thing for Kojima to do. Though it would be a real classy touch to have Kurt Russell play as Old Snake XD
Made by Chesu+Zombee

State Alchemist

I haven't watched an X-Men movie in a while, and I've been watching a lot of Spider-Man lately. So I think the Wolverine would be a refreshing new thing to see. I heard that, financially, the movie's actually doing better overseas. That's wierd, I would've thought that an American audience would like Wolvie a little more. I guess the Japanese really do like X-Men as much as we do.

My dad really wants to see it in IMAX 3D. Ever since him and I went to see Pacific Rim, he loves watching everything in IMAX. ^^;

I'd like to watch it over the weekend, but me and my family are going away for a family reunion on Friday and Saturday.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Nice to see this topic pulled up for me so I don't have to dig it up.
Saw Wolverine today. My god I knew it was gonna be a shitty film, but... my god. That was a shitty film. Went in with low expectations, and it was still shitty.
Wolverine's a great character and all, and Hugh is fantastic as Wolvie, but... man... that was a horrible movie. Friends and I couldn't help but make fun of everything that happened. From predicting dialogue to the lack of blood in action sequences. Don't even get me started on that stupid fight scene on the train >.>

Is The Wolverine better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine? Yes. Of course it is, but not by much.
I think the X-Men movie franchise should go the route of Fantastic 4 and die.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Ace Sidekick!

Or, Marvel could develop Cyclops without Jean Grey. Or give Rouge more spotlight, or maybe focus on other mutants that are usually just in the background.

State Alchemist

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
Or, Marvel could develop Cyclops without Jean Grey. Or give Rouge more spotlight, or maybe focus on other mutants that are usually just in the background.

Well, even though I haven't watched First Class yet, I heard it was really good. It doesn't have Cyclops, Jean Grey, or Rogue, but it does have Magneto, X, Mystique, Havok, Beast, Banshee, and Sebastian Shaw. So there you've got some obscure X-Men to see.

By the way, Marvel Studios actually doesn't have the rights to the X-Men movie franchise, it's 20th Century Fox's property. Which unfortunately means no X-Men / Avengers crossover event...yet.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:
Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:

Well, even though I haven't watched First Class yet, I heard it was really good. It doesn't have Cyclops, Jean Grey, or Rogue, but it does have Magneto, X, Mystique, Havok, Beast, Banshee, and Sebastian Shaw. So there you've got some obscure X-Men to see.

In terms of canon, First Class is a disaster. For a movie being set in the same universe as the first trilogy it sure does shoot itself in the face.

Quote:
In terms of canon, First Class is a disaster. For a movie being set in the same universe as the first trilogy it sure does shoot itself in the face.

Yeah, in the beginning of The Last Stand; Magneto and Xavier suddenly made peace just to talk to Jean Grey and X can suddenly walk again. Makes perfect sense. :meekins:

First Class though was the first X-men film that I genuinely thought was a "good" movie that could stand on its on. The rest were okay, but nothing special.

Gettin' Old!

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:

Rouge?

I'm not sure who that is...if you meant Rogue then no, never give her the spotlight ever. Rogue in the film continuity is one of the most unlikable characters I have ever seen but hey at least the game hammers home some justice on her in the 3rd film.

Also I've not seen The Wolverine but at least Origins: Wolverine has Gambit, that wins it a fair few points, bloody give him a role in the X-men already or hell make his own film since he's now worthy of his own comic series.

An I really liked First Class when I saw it, what did it do that was so bad for the continuity? For me how Wolverine reacts to Sabertooth in X-men 1 is the biggest weird thing considering how they developed that in Origins.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Ace what-ever-my-ranking-is

I remember Deadpool being in one of those X-Men movies...don't remember which

State Alchemist

MrAwesome wrote:

X-Men Origins: Wolverine......Oi! What have they done to him?!
Spoiler:

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:
MrAwesome wrote:

Spoiler:

At least they kept his katanas!
Spoiler:
Which came out of his arms...

State Alchemist

Blak The Great wrote:
Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:
MrAwesome wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

But they forgot about his most important weapon of all!
Spoiler:
His wise-cracking, fourth-wall breaking mouth... :(

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

But they forgot about his most important weapon of all!
Spoiler:
His wise-cracking, fourth-wall breaking mouth... :(

Well... Apparently,
Spoiler:
There was a scene after the credits where Silentpool picks up his head and puts his finger to his nonexistent mouth to "shush" the audience.

Apologize!!!

Blak The Great wrote:
Well... Apparently,
Spoiler:
There was a scene after the credits where Silentpool picks up his head and puts his finger to his nonexistent mouth to "shush" the audience.

Impatient me went out of the theater before this...

I've gotta watch The Wolverine to wait for Days of Future Past.
Days of Future Past is like Dual Destinies for X-Men real action movies... Casts from the last stand and first class come out together.. :yogi:

State Alchemist

More Photoshop Artwork!

This time of how I imagine the Rhino to be once he's fully rendered in CG.

Spoiler: "Nothing can withstand me!"

Ace Sidekick!

I really wish we didn't have to wait till next year for Amazing Spiderman 2. :sad-maya:

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
I really wish we didn't have to wait till next year for Amazing Spiderman 2. :sad-maya:

2015 will be an even bigger year for films. Star Wars, Justice League, Superman vs. Batman, The Avengers 2. I hear that Marvel has their films planned until 2021! How long is this going to last!? :beef:

State Alchemist

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:

2015 will be an even bigger year for films. Star Wars, Justice League, Superman vs. Batman, The Avengers 2. I hear that Marvel has their films planned until 2021! How long is this going to last!? :beef:

Woah! O_O

What could Marvel have up it's sleeve this time? Hopefully Robert Downey Jr. will stay along for the ride, because I think he just got a renewed contract to be on for about 2 or 3 more movies as Tony Stark.

Also, with the appearance of Quicksilver in Avengers: Age of Ultron AND in X-Men: Days of Future Past, could this mean something for the future of the X-Men and Marvel Studio movies maybe...JUST maybe crossing over? Or is FOX still greedy about its franchises?

Gettin' Old!

Just watched Kick-Ass 2 with some pals. It was alright pretty decent, better than the first one because there was less Hit Girl in my eyes. Also Jim Carey does a pretty cool Superhero XD.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Just watched Kick-Ass 2 with some pals. It was alright pretty decent, better than the first one because there was less Hit Girl in my eyes. Also Jim Carey does a pretty cool Superhero XD.

Jim Carrey is the biggest hypocrite ever. He's in the movie, is earning millions of dollars, but refuses to support it because the film's "too violent."

Gettin' Old!

Pierre wrote:

Jim Carrey is the biggest hypocrite ever. He's in the movie, is earning millions of dollars, but refuses to support it because the film's "too violent."

Eh perhaps he has a problem with Hit Girl like most other folks that had a problem with her and the film.

Jim Carrey is also still the star of my childhood from his Ace Ventura movies so I don't mind.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Quote:

Eh perhaps he has a problem with Hit Girl like most other folks that had a problem with her and the film.

Jim Carrey is also still the star of my childhood from his Ace Ventura movies so I don't mind.

It's called acting. I personally haven't seen Kick-Ass, but it's just a movie. It doesn't affect real life in the slightest because its FICTION.

Jim Carrey just gets worse and worse with his films. Right now he's extremely mediocre, but that's just my opinion.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:

It's called acting. I personally haven't seen Kick-Ass, but it's just a movie. It doesn't affect real life in the slightest because its FICTION.

Jim Carrey just gets worse and worse with his films. Right now he's extremely mediocre, but that's just my opinion.

*shrugs* Was a fine and enjoyable character in this film.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

State Alchemist

Ladies and Gentlemen! We have found the next Batman...and the inheritor of the cape and cowl is none other than.....
Spoiler: *drumroll*
Ben Affleck!........Um...ok :/

So what do you guys think of this casting choice?

Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen! We have found the next Batman...and the inheritor of the cape and cowl is none other than.....

I've never seen any of his movies, so I don't have any real thoughts based on his previous acting experience. A lot of people seem to be pretty angry about the casting decision. Still, I remember when Michael Keaton was chosen as Batman; there was similar hate. I'm sure that it'll be fine.

State Alchemist

Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:

I've never seen any of his movies, so I don't have any real thoughts based on his previous acting experience. A lot of people seem to be pretty angry about the casting decision. Still, I remember when Michael Keaton was chosen as Batman; there was similar hate. I'm sure that it'll be fine.

Yeah, me neither. Although I did watch Daredevil once, but I don't remember much of it since I was kind of young at the time.

But I'll cut him some slack since it isn't easy trying to find someone really good who can pull off playing both Bruce Wayne and Batman since they're two distinctly different personalities of one character. And yeah, Michael Keaton did get as much backlash as Ben Affleck is getting now.

Not even Bob Kane, co-creator of Batman himself, endorsing the the 1989 movie could persuade fans the movie would do any good...that is until they actually saw the movie themselves, and it was a hit.

So maybe there's some untapped potential for Ben Affleck to show off that fans haven't seen yet.

Golf anyone?

Surprised no one mentioned deadpool the movie and how it's never going to happen. :sadshoe:
Living on a prayer.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Bloodfox05 wrote:
Surprised no one mentioned deadpool the movie and how it's never going to happen. :sadshoe:

Well. We did.

Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
I got interested cause of Mahvel. Nova's a pretty damn good character to play as.
And Doctor Strange has been in movie limbo forever.

And apparently so has Deadpool's movie. Then again, I don't think a lot of fans are begging for Ryan Reynolds to come back to that role.

It was just on another page.
Ryan would've been great as Deadpool.

Golf anyone?

Sorry, did not see it.
Living on a prayer.

All the actors in Origins were great, it's just that the script they were given was pretty bad. However, I don't necessarily view Origins in such a negative light as most other fans do.

I really enjoyed The Wolverine though.

Ace Sidekick!

So since Gnobo said I should watch the solo movies after watching The Avengers I already watched two.

For Thor I loved every shot in the movie, everything was gorgeous and Thor and Loki were hot! I'm already starting to adore them as characters.

And Captain America...I love how Steve was a super human hero that took a stand during WWII but the ending made me laugh but also made me feel bad for him. ^^;

But at least I know how he ended up in The Avengers though.

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
So since Gnobo said I should watch the solo movies after watching The Avengers I already watched two.

For Thor I loved every shot in the movie, everything was gorgeous and Thor and Loki were hot! I'm already starting to adore them as characters.

And Captain America...I love how Steve was a super human hero that took a stand during WWII but the ending made me laugh but also made me feel bad for him. ^^;

Thor n' Loki.

Ace Sidekick!

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:

Thor n' Loki.

My friend showed me this video yesterday. ^^; I don't get the joke.
Page 3 of 4 [ 138 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios