Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 9 of 9[ 346 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Re: Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin)Topic%20Title

I thought i'd share this with you guys but here is this anime store here in New York that sells this figure

Here is the link if anyone wants to order it :hotti: http://www.imageanime.com/atontile18pv.html

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Eww. That's like $30 more than what I bought him for.
Wanted to buy him from the usual import sites I get all my figures, but man... SnK is too popular. He was up for pre-order for a good 10 minutes and he was already sold out.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Blak The Great wrote:
Wanted to buy him from the usual import sites I get all my figures, but man... SnK is too popular. He was up for pre-order for a good 10 minutes and he was already sold out.

True they are abit expensive but they usually charge that much because all there item's they sell are all imported from Japan.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pirate Hunter Zoro wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

True they are abit expensive but they usually charge that much because all there item's they sell are all imported from Japan.

The place I pre-ordered from was like $80 plus $12 shipping, and why are you explaining to me how figure collecting works?

Blak The Great wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

The place I pre-ordered from was like $80 plus $12 shipping, and why are you explaining to me how figure collecting works?

Because i Can? Is there a problem with that? :hotti:

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Uh huh.

Blak The Great wrote:

Uh huh.

Okie :hobohodo:

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Moving right along, this Halloween I'm planning on going as Titan-kun.
Note: This isn't me, but it isn't too far off from how I'd act either.

Blak The Great wrote:
Moving right along, this Halloween I'm planning on going as Titan-kun.
Note: This isn't me, but it isn't too far off from how I'd act either.

looks hard to breath under that nylon

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

dullahan1 wrote:
Gonna throw out my stupid theory that all the mindless titans are just failed human weapon experiments. It's nothing more than a higher up conspiracy and it's really just humans wanting to wage war against themselves.

Why not, it's fun to speculate stupid theories and I don't get to do it much.

I agree too, the latest chapter was nothing short of amazing.

First, that theory is far from stupid -- it's pretty sound, and I believe the truth is gonna be quite close to that.

And second, I don't have enough words to express how badly I need to see Chapter 50 animated, and how BADLY I need Chapter 51 to come around. Why can't the manga release every other week :c

Do you see the black one...or the white?

DeMatador wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
Gonna throw out my stupid theory that all the mindless titans are just failed human weapon experiments. It's nothing more than a higher up conspiracy and it's really just humans wanting to wage war against themselves.

Why not, it's fun to speculate stupid theories and I don't get to do it much.

I agree too, the latest chapter was nothing short of amazing.

First, that theory is far from stupid -- it's pretty sound, and I believe the truth is gonna be quite close to that.

And second, I don't have enough words to express how badly I need to see Chapter 50 animated, and how BADLY I need Chapter 51 to come around. Why can't the manga release every other week :c

I actually have a bit more to my theory, but I rarely speculate as is. Usually most shows I'll watch are already completed and if not, I usually stay away from speculating because I purposely like to keep myself somewhat surprised. It's hard to not want to do it with this show though. With a common cause to fight against the titans though, I do find it rather silly with how the humans are still constantly bickering with each other instead of joining in for a common cause. Kind of a red flag there if I say so myself.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same
Re: Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) (ANIME SPOILERS INSTopic%20Title

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

Pretty sure that's along the same lines as all the speculation we've made so far, so not exactly out there in terms of theories.

And heck, there's quite a bit I can't wait to see animated all the way up to chapter 50.

Spoiler: Chapter 50
So, doe sanyone reckon Eren will be able to control the regular Titans while in his Titan form, or is being squishy the trade-off for controlling Titans? Because regular Titans aren't much use against any of the shifters seen so far. Maybe Ymir, but she has the speed to get away from them.

Oh, yeah, and how long til the Survey Corps is leading an army of Titans charging against the real big bad? And will we ever find out just what the Beast Titan is, and why it can make people into Titans?

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

I had been purposely avoiding checking this thread because I was afraid it would turn into a spoiler-heavy bonanza, but everyone's been very gracious with their spoiler tags so thank you all for that~

I'm currently at chapter 30 of the manga, so nothing too new yet. Mostly I'm just having fun spotting the differences from manga to anime and yes, still doing silly voices for everyone. However, I did get to read that part about Ilse's notebook...
Spoiler: whaaaaaat
So this titan could talk... and said the girl was one of "Ymir's people".... whaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I laughed a bit at first cuz I thought, "Is it because they both have freckles?" ...unless she's actually related to Ymir, which would be interesting, especially given a couple things I've been spoiled on >3> BUT it could also just refer to being a human. But why does the titan know Ymir? Why does it know how to speak? Why does it stop speaking when she asks it questions that we would all like to know? EXPLAIN, MANGA, EXPLAAAAAAAIN. But yes I am very fascinated by all this.

Also, I was debating about posting this part but I figured I would because it's starting to go around. Apparently Isayama has some "secret twitter account" (which sounds kinda fishy to me but hey, what do I know) and posted something about Japan's colonization of Korea being a good thing (I am total crap at history but I know Japan did some very bad things in Korea) and some people I know are ditching the series because they're outraged about his stance. I would've called BS on this and called it fake, but he did seem to create Dot Pixis after a general in real life, and the twitter they're referring to has had announcements appear there before they'd go public or something.
Point is, there's some politics being mixed up in my snk and I don't like it. I'm really hoping it's just a misunderstanding. :sadshoe:

EDIT: In much happier, cuter news...
LOOK AT THIS ADORABLE LITTLE MUFFIN

LOOK AT THE ACCESSORIES HE COMES WITH I'm laughing too much at this

So I just finished the anime last night (haven't read the manga yet) and here are a couple of thoughts:

- Someone PLEASE tell me that's not the end of the anime. That ending was so unsatisfying simply because I had no idea there was more to the manga than what was shown in the anime. I want to know what's in that damn basement!
- Mikasa would be a much better character if they actually explained why she's so OP compared to the rest of the characters. Yeah, I know she had a harrowing experience when she was younger and it most likely made her cold and hardened, but we never actually see any flashbacks to where she actually trains to become so strong. It's like, both her parents were married, she stabs a guy, and boom she's suddenly the Goku of the series. At least some of the other stronger characters like Annie and Levi have a reason to be OP. Part of me really thinks she's secretly a Titan, but that would actually make her character interesting.
- Why the hell are the main characters in some animes so whiny and obnoxious (see Edward Elric in the first FMA anime)? I can't even begin to count how many times I've wanted to punch Eren in the face. Oh, and the fact that he basically doesn't do shit.
- Levi, Armin, and Jean are by far my favorite characters. Oh, and the dumb, bald dude. Can't remember his name, but he's funny.

Expert bluffer

TheIdioteque wrote:
So I just finished the anime last night (haven't read the manga yet) and here are a couple of thoughts:

- Someone PLEASE tell me that's not the end of the anime. That ending was so unsatisfying simply because I had no idea there was more to the manga than what was shown in the anime. I want to know what's in that damn basement!
- Mikasa would be a much better character if they actually explained why she's so OP compared to the rest of the characters. Yeah, I know she had a harrowing experience when she was younger and it most likely made her cold and hardened, but we never actually see any flashbacks to where she actually trains to become so strong. It's like, both her parents were married, she stabs a guy, and boom she's suddenly the Goku of the series. At least some of the other stronger characters like Annie and Levi have a reason to be OP. Part of me really thinks she's secretly a Titan, but that would actually make her character interesting.
- Why the hell are the main characters in some animes so whiny and obnoxious (see Edward Elric in the first FMA anime)? I can't even begin to count how many times I've wanted to punch Eren in the face. Oh, and the fact that he basically doesn't do shit.
- Levi, Armin, and Jean are by far my favorite characters. Oh, and the dumb, bald dude. Can't remember his name, but he's funny.

Well, it most likely won't be the end of the anime. The open end welcomes a second season, but currently there isn't enough material manga-wise to make one. Although,
Spoiler: Manga
They still haven't reached the basement in the manga either...

Mikasa...um, I guess those abs, maybe. Must be the secret source of all her power...but speaking seriously, I think it's just a result of training she did in order to protect her 'family'.
As for Eren, well, just wait and see. He goes from whiny and obnoxious to permanently furious, and it's pretty interesting.
I was hoping by 'dumb, bald dude' you didn't mean Connie Springer, but you most likely do. I love Connie myself. And hey, Jean is the mangaka's favorite character as well, so I'm sure you're doing something right there...
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

DragonCactus wrote:
Well, it most likely won't be the end of the anime. The open end welcomes a second season, but currently there isn't enough material manga-wise to make one. Although,
They still haven't reached the basement in the manga either...

Oh ok. Most sources I've seen seem to state that the anime is over. I can't imagine them not doing a second season considering how successful the manga seems to be.

Quote:
Mikasa...um, I guess those abs, maybe. Must be the secret source of all her power...but speaking seriously, I think it's just a result of training she did in order to protect her 'family'.

Yeah, it's just one of those things that irks me. I mean, Annie and Levi are OP as well, but at least they have their power explained. Also, she kind of annoys me the way she obsesses over Eren. Am I a bad person for kinda wanting to her to die in the series?

Quote:
As for Eren, well, just wait and see. He goes from whiny and obnoxious to permanently furious, and it's pretty interesting.

I'm not sure that will improve things for me. The whole reason why I dislike Eren so much is because all he ever seemed to do was whine and scream at people but I'll give him another shot.

Quote:
I was hoping by 'dumb, bald dude' you didn't mean Connie Springer, but you most likely do.

Yeah, I forgot his name and the "dumb kid" seems to be his thing. I think he even says himself that he's "not very smart". I never said I didn't like him though, I actually think he's a cool character.

Quote:
And hey, Jean is the mangaka's favorite character as well, so I'm sure you're doing something right there...

Well, considering that he's basically the only character besides Armin that has any development in the anime whatsoever, I can see why. I'd much rather Jean or Armin be the main character instead of Eren.

Expert bluffer

TheIdioteque wrote:
Yeah, it's just one of those things that irks me. I mean, Annie and Levi are OP as well, but at least they have their power explained. Also, she kind of annoys me the way she obsesses over Eren. Am I a bad person for kinda wanting to her to die in the series?

Nah, Mikasa is hated by lots of people so it's not like you're in the minority. I suppose she could have gotten a better explanation, but as for where the story is now, I doubt there's a proper time and place anymore.

Quote:
I'm not sure that will improve things for me. The whole reason why I dislike Eren so much is because all he ever seemed to do was whine and scream at people but I'll give him another shot.

Well, let's see...he STILL whines and screams, but he also has at least a little character development.

Quote:
Yeah, I forgot his name and the "dumb kid" seems to be his thing. I think he even says himself that he's "not very smart". I never said I didn't like him though, I actually think he's a cool character.

Connie isn't very smart, and he did indeed proclaim it himself, but he's still a pretty cool guy, so I'm glad you like him.

Quote:
Well, considering that he's basically the only character besides Armin that has any development in the anime whatsoever, I can see why. I'd much rather Jean or Armin be the main character instead of Eren.

Haha...yeah, but the anime only went so far. Almost everybody gets character development past that point. Jean and Armin had good roles in the anime adaption, while some like Eren and Mikasa stagnated. The two of them have surprisingly similar characters actually...
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

Mikasa min-maxed during character creation, obviously. Levi's from a previous edition.

Treating every story like an RPG makes things make a lot more sense. Or a lot less.

But yeah, I wouldn't really say there's a sppecific main character, since just about everyone gets the same amount of development and focus over time, sure Eren's the one the plot's revolving around, but Frodo had the plot reolving around his actions despite the fact the rest of the Fellowship, particularly Sam, were more the main characters.

Not that I'm outright comparing the two, just giving an example of what I mean by that.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Oh yay, finally a topic about my favorite anime :godot:

I'll have a lot of fun with this.
*cough*

First off, I didn't read the manga - just to clear things up. I only watched the anime, and I didn't just watch it one time, but countlessssss times over and over. I don't know, I really don't like the manga. Sure, I read a lot of mangas, but from Attack on Titan.. I'm not saying the manga is crap, but I just don't like the drawing style.

Maybe because I'm focused on animes a lot recently? :hotti:

Oh and btw, Levi is hot. Best character ever.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Expert bluffer

Mary Faraday wrote:

*cough*

First off, I didn't read the manga - just to clear things up. I only watched the anime, and I didn't just watch it one time, but countlessssss times over and over. I don't know, I really don't like the manga. Sure, I read a lot of mangas, but from Attack on Titan.. I'm not saying the manga is crap, but I just don't like the drawing style.

I'm a little confused. If you say you haven't read the manga, then how can you already dislike it?
But I understand--the manga's art style takes some getting used to. To be honest, I've seen far, far worse so it doesn't really both me at all, because Isayama Hajime has a style that fits his own story. Yet many people absolutely hate his artwork, so, I understand.
The anime is worth watching if only for the animation and voice acting. Oh, and the extra scenes, most of those were pretty great.

Levi is so incredibly popular it's astonishing. But
Spoiler: Author Interview About The Ending
Apparently, Isayama Hajime is considering changing the ending due to the popularity of his series, because it seems as if it's a horrible, depressing ending in which most people die, including Levi. Maybe the mangaka is just fearing for his life.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

DragonCactus wrote:
Apparently, Isayama Hajime is considering changing the ending due to the popularity of his series, because it seems as if it's a horrible, depressing ending in which most people die, including Levi. Maybe the mangaka is just fearing for his life.

Yeah that whole author changing the ending so all the characters don't die seems like a cop out. I'd actually prefer that ending over whatever BS he's got planned for it now since I hate a majority of the cast aside from Jean and Levi.
Not that I'd read the manga since I'm not a huge fan of SnK anymore.

DragonCactus wrote:
Mary Faraday wrote:

*cough*

I'm a little confused. If you say you haven't read the manga, then how can you already dislike it?
But I understand--the manga's art style takes some getting used to. To be honest, I've seen far, far worse so it doesn't really both me at all, because Isayama Hajime has a style that fits his own story. Yet many people absolutely hate his artwork, so, I understand.
The anime is worth watching if only for the animation and voice acting. Oh, and the extra scenes, most of those were pretty great.

Spoiler: About that Ending
Why? Why the hell would you change it because some fans are idiots who can't deal with character deaths in a series about THE END OF FREAKING HUMANITY? Y'know, when you go out to fight giant, man-eating zombies that have reduced humanity to a single small country inside the walls, there's gonna be some death. Even in the happiest of endings.

Gah, stupid fandoms.

Anyway, the manga's getting where I've wanted it to go for a while now, so that's good.

Did anyone catch the extra episode they released? I've been meaning to watch that, too.

Expert bluffer

Hylian100 wrote:
Spoiler: About that Ending
Why? Why the hell would you change it because some fans are idiots who can't deal with character deaths in a series about THE END OF FREAKING HUMANITY? Y'know, when you go out to fight giant, man-eating zombies that have reduced humanity to a single small country inside the walls, there's gonna be some death. Even in the happiest of endings.

Gah, stupid fandoms.

Anyway, the manga's getting where I've wanted it to go for a while now, so that's good.

Did anyone catch the extra episode they released? I've been meaning to watch that, too.

Firstly:
Spoiler: That good ol' ending
I would rather he keep the ending the same as well. If there's a miraculous ending where everyone's favorite characters magically survive, then it'll just be like the rest of these type of shows.

Ah, and by extra episode, you mean Ilse no Techou, or Ilse's Notebook, right? Yes, I was there the day after its release, excited. It has tons of extras compared to how it was in the manga, but I suppose you already guessed that. A lot of Hanji, really, and I liked this adaption a lot more than I expected to. Two members of the Special Operations Squad make a regular appearance as well. The anime did a good job portraying Ilse's perseverance in terms of how she kept writing until the end.
(Hanji was even crazier; it was great.)

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

Spoiler: concerning the ending
I dunno, I was under the impression that Isayama was originally gonna do an ending similar to The Mist. I forgot where I read that but I know he's a fan of the movie. If you wanna know the ending, look at the wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mist_(film). I feel like that may be a little /too/ much of a downer. Either way, I'm reserving my thoughts for when I actually see the ending because I don't think he's one to pander a lot to the fans; I mean, stories change over time so it's not entirely surprising that he's changing something as far away as the ending of the series I guess.

Concerning Mikasa, I'm one of those people who doesn't hate a single character from the series so I would have to disagree (well maybe the unnamed kidnappers or the douchey MP people, but I mean any character important enough to have a name i guess.) BUT I am annoyed that she nor Eren have gotten much time to develop their characters.
DragonCactus wrote:
Haha...yeah, but the anime only went so far. Almost everybody gets character development past that point. Jean and Armin had good roles in the anime adaption, while some like Eren and Mikasa stagnated. The two of them have surprisingly similar characters actually...

^I think that's actually kinda interesting, actually. Eren is outwardly emotional whenever Titans are mentioned (and they're always mentioned in this universe, so that sucks for his anger management) and Mikasa, though she has much more outward control of her emotions, her decisions and actions become very crazy and emotionally-driven when Eren is mentioned (and Eren is always in trouble so that sucks for her sanity).
Maybe I mentioned before but Eren might actually be my favorite character but I'm so bad at articulating why and maybe I don't completely know why so I'll just say "shounen protag who is not allowed to be shounen protag in this world". I'm not sure if that makes any sense. (What I don't get is when people compare him to NGE's Shinji? Shinji would refuse to GET IN THE ROBOT do his job even if the fate of mankind was at stake, while Eren is like HUMANITY MUST FIGHT, blahblah motivating speeches!!)

Y'know, every time Shinji didn't get in the goddamn robot, he turned round five minutes later and jumped into it, especially just before Unit-01's awakening. He's not a coward, just hesitant. When the world is really on the line, he's right out there, reluctantly, but he's there.

Diverging aside, I've figured out where the series is going to go. The Survey Corps are going to form a travelling circus, with live performances recreating famous battles with Titans, with Eren of course providing the role of Titan for the brave heroes of the Survey Corps to fight gloriously for fun and profit.

Expert bluffer

Hylian100 wrote:
Y'know, every time Shinji didn't get in the goddamn robot, he turned round five minutes later and jumped into it, especially just before Unit-01's awakening. He's not a coward, just hesitant. When the world is really on the line, he's right out there, reluctantly, but he's there.

Hesitant or indecisive? Then again, I have no idea how Shinji was in the anime, I only read the manga and that was strange enough. Still, seeing as Eren really starts losing his marbles at times, particularly a bit later, I think there's enough of a difference.

Quote:
Diverging aside, I've figured out where the series is going to go. The Survey Corps are going to form a travelling circus, with live performances recreating famous battles with Titans, with Eren of course providing the role of Titan for the brave heroes of the Survey Corps to fight gloriously for fun and profit.

That sounds like a great idea, until someone gets hurt or Eren is mysteriously murdered.
If only there was a friendly Titan in the legion that could provide some aid, then the show'd be even better.

Still, it'd be a great way to raise funds for the corps.

Page 9 of 9 [ 346 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios