Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 2[ 62 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

One Piece Vs Fairy TaleTopic%20Title

Which one of the two do you love the most and why?
Re: One Piece Vs Fairy TaleTopic%20Title

1000% Knight

I love One Piece but I also love Hiro Mashima

don't make me pick ;-;
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Ace Sidekick!

One Piece...I haven't watched much Fairy Tail but from what I've currently seen Fairy Tail seems a bit shallow, and I've kind of lost faith in the fantasy genre.

1000% Knight

Emiko Gale wrote:
I haven't watched much Fairy Tail but from what I've currently seen Fairy Tail seems a bit shallow

Yeah, I guess I'll second this.

But I absolutely love Rave Master. It's really generic but... it's not a bad thing. Hiro Mashima's stuff is pretty generic, but he knows how to make generic work.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Stupid question. It's obviously One Piece.
/end thread
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Call me James

Do you even need to ask? One Piece all the way.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Bad Player wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:
I haven't watched much Fairy Tail but from what I've currently seen Fairy Tail seems a bit shallow

Yeah, I guess I'll second this.

But I absolutely love Rave Master. It's really generic but... it's not a bad thing. Hiro Mashima's stuff is pretty generic, but he knows how to make generic work.

i admit as well that rave master was good but the problem with fairy tale is the boring generic plot and the similarities of one piece

Ace Sidekick!

Exactly! Boring. Generic. Reminds me too much of Soul Eater and something about Soul Eater bugs me.

Emiko Gale wrote:
Exactly! Boring. Generic. Reminds me too much of Soul Eater and something about Soul Eater bugs me.

exactly yet people say they like fairy tale and not one piece its like there the same so you must hate fairy tale as well :hoboleft: and if your talking about the anime for soul eater then yes it wasn't as good as it should have been but manga wise its much better

Just another day.

dullahan1 wrote:
/end thread

well anything needed to be said has already been done for me so...qft.

Cold52 wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
/end thread

well anything needed to be said has already been done for me so...qft.

oddly i expected alot to say fairy tale cuz its becomming popular for no reason :chinami:

One Piece.

Spoiler: Water 7 Arc
Because what other anime can make you cry over a goddamn boat.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
One Piece.

Spoiler: Water 7 Arc
Because what other anime can make you cry over a goddamn boat.

Well damn put also dont forget
Spoiler: MarineFord arc
when ace and whitebeard both died
One piece copy cat?Topic%20Title

just wondering who here on court records dislikes fairy tale as much as i do? :yogi:

1000% Knight

There's already a thread about One Piece and Fairy Tale.

That you made.

Merged.

Bad Player wrote:
There's already a thread about One Piece and Fairy Tale.

That you made.

Merged.

but arnt they different?

1000% Knight

If you want to diss Fairy Tail because you think it's a One Piece rip-off, then that clearly goes in the One Piece vs Fairy Tail thread.

If you want to diss Fairy Tail on its own without reference to One Piece, you could make a Fairy Tail thread... It would be a bit weird to make a thread for a series you don't like, but there's no reason you can do it. I would recommend that you actually explain why you don't like it, if you choose to do this, however.

Bad Player wrote:
If you want to diss Fairy Tail because you think it's a One Piece rip-off, then that clearly goes in the One Piece vs Fairy Tail thread.

If you want to diss Fairy Tail on its own without reference to One Piece, you could make a Fairy Tail thread... It would be a bit weird to make a thread for a series you don't like, but there's no reason you can do it. I would recommend that you actually explain why you don't like it, if you choose to do this, however.

well it was supposed to be for why i didnt like it which i was gonna explain why with someone who shared my same beliefs on it

Inspector Cabanela wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

well it was supposed to be for why i didnt like it which i was gonna explain why with someone who shared my same beliefs on it

You do that with the initial post. A topic isn't gonna thrive on something that's only one sentence and expresses a vague opinion on something. Topics work because your starting post has something to work from, you elaborate, setting a good example of how you want the thread to run. Just saying you hate something and not elaborating is more along the lines of spam rather than setting up a good discussion. Then again, this is just my opinion.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

You do that with the initial post. A topic isn't gonna thrive on something that's only one sentence and expresses a vague opinion on something. Topics work because your starting post has something to work from, you elaborate, setting a good example of how you want the thread to run. Just saying you hate something and not elaborating is more along the lines of spam rather than setting up a good discussion. Then again, this is just my opinion.

i agree thats why i started that other thread asking who on court records had the same feelings i had on fairy tale that way i could have a discussion about it while stating my reasons for it

...you missed my point completely.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:

wait you realize that another of my threads where merged into this thread right? the post about
just wondering who here on court records dislikes fairy tale as much as i do? :yogi:
was a different thread all entirely seperate from this thread

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

One Piece > Fairy Tale

God forbid if a thread is made, my goodness.
Inspector, just be "mindful" when you post threads, it poses many "issues."
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

1000% Knight

dullahan1 wrote:

wait you realize that another of my threads where merged into this thread right? the post about

Dullahan is right; if you want to have a discussion about it, post your reasons in the first post of the thread. Don't state your opinion, and wait to see if someone else shares it to explain your reasons; explain your reasons from the very first post, and then that should promote discussion on its own.

Anyway, let's try to stop being off-topic.

Bad Player wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Dullahan is right; if you want to have a discussion about it, post your reasons in the first post of the thread. Don't state your opinion, and wait to see if someone else shares it to explain your reasons; explain your reasons from the very first post, and then that should promote discussion on its own.

Anyway, let's try to stop being off-topic.

Well the thread i posted was to see if anybody else besides me didn't like it besides me im not just gonna post a random rant at first its just to bring people in as a initial statement but whatever whats done is done you already merged it with this thread so your right no more going off topic

All I see is "blah blah blah I'm right, you're wrong". The topics were merged, now everyone drop it and get back on topic.
What's the use of arguing anyway?

Inb4 "we weren't arguing, it was a disagreement"

So at the time of my original post in this thread, I hadn't actually seen or read Fairy Tail other than skimming a couple pages at B&N, but recently a friend of mine sold a bunch of excess manga and so I picked up the first seven volumes for a buck each. Seemed like a reasonable price.

Honestly, it's better than I expected. One Piece still wins in the story and male characters department, but Fairy Tail has better art and ERZA. Nice to see a female character in this kind of series that can actually hold her own against the guys in the group.

I enjoy Fairy Tale a great deal. One Piece is much better in every aspect, but Fairy Tale is pretty great on its own. My only gripe is that it overdoes the fan service at times.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Golf anyone?

I feel i need to say something, since i feel responsible for this thred in the first place.
I like fariy tail, mostly because i have yet to see one piece. But what i saw in fairy tail, i really enjoyed. Am i saying fairy tail is the best? no, but it sure is a heck lot better then the other crap out there (looking at you kempfer).
Living on a prayer.

Golf anyone?

also, we can all agree that op #3 ruled.
Living on a prayer.

An Enigma Among Humans

I use the spell card “Thread Reborn” to revive the thread “One Piece vs Fairy Tail”.

The reason being is that me and Foolbright have in a way dug up this topic, for anyone who has been reading the “Rate the last movie you saw”. I want to say I have seen One Piece and am watching because I have nothing better to watch, and I say that it is ok. It is good. It fills the space, WHAT DO YOU want from me? I’m on team Fairy Tail. I have my reasons for liking Fairy Tail better (minor one in the long run, but they are my reasons). One of the many being that the character art does not make all the skinny people look like they “Took a bite of Gum-gum”. This second reason is a bit embarrassing, but we can all agree I am a guy and I like what I like, and girls like seeing muscular men without shirts, and I like girls whose running joke is that her outfit can’t stay on. The animation is more modern and looks pretty, which in the long run does not matter but I like it. The plot threads are good and the twists are genuine (then again so is One Piece’s). And I think this is the most important reason: It was the first one I saw. It took me in and showed me how good anime is. One Piece looked weird and strange. Fairy Tail looked smooth and inviting, however still slightly strange. But it was my first love and I will defend it with all that is in me.

Blood_fox5 wrote:
I use the spell card “Thread Reborn” to revive the thread “One Piece vs Fairy Tail”.

The reason being is that me and Foolbright have in a way dug up this topic, for anyone who has been reading the “Rate the last movie you saw”. I want to say I have seen One Piece and am watching because I have nothing better to watch, and I say that it is ok. It is good. It fills the space, WHAT DO YOU want from me? I’m on team Fairy Tail. I have my reasons for liking Fairy Tail better (minor one in the long run, but they are my reasons). One of the many being that the character art does not make all the skinny people look like they “Took a bite of Gum-gum”. This second reason is a bit embarrassing, but we can all agree I am a guy and I like what I like, and girls like seeing muscular men without shirts, and I like girls whose running joke is that her outfit can’t stay on. The animation is more modern and looks pretty, which in the long run does not matter but I like it. The plot threads are good and the twists are genuine (then again so is One Piece’s). And I think this is the most important reason: It was the first one I saw. It took me in and showed me how good anime is. One Piece looked weird and strange. Fairy Tail looked smooth and inviting, however still slightly strange. But it was my first love and I will defend it with all that is in me.

I only have one answer to all those reasons why you like fairy tail

Blood_fox5 wrote:
The animation is more modern and looks pretty, which in the long run does not matter but I like it.

You must be way behind in One Piece. The latest seasons are very crisp and clear and the animation is amazing.

Blood_fox5 wrote:
And I think this is the most important reason: It was the first one I saw. It took me in and showed me how good anime is. One Piece looked weird and strange. Fairy Tail looked smooth and inviting, however still slightly strange. But it was my first love and I will defend it with all that is in me.

Why would Eiichiro Oda want One Piece to be a carbon copy of other anime? It looks the way it does so it'd be different from other anime AND it was made in the 90s. Just like movies in the 90s, the visuals aren't completely clear like movies after 2000.
If I wanted to watch Fairy Tail, I could just watch One Piece and Rave Master simultaneously. I also feel that the majority of people only like Fairy Tail for the excessive unnecessary fan service.

I still say One Piece is the best.
You can state your piece on how this is better than that, but it won't change my mind and Fool Bright and I won't change yours.

This "war" is at a standstill because nobody is going to win this.

An Enigma Among Humans

As far as this war goes (so that there is at least SOME resolution) I surrender and admit that One Piece is better than Fairy Tail. However, has I have said, Fairy Tail is my favorite, but I will admit that One Piece is better.

(And that is how the great One Piece X Fairy Tail war on Court Records ended).

Blood_fox5 wrote:
As far as this war goes (so that there is at least SOME resolution) I surrender and admit that One Piece is better than Fairy Tail. However, has I have said, Fairy Tail is my favorite, but I will admit that One Piece is better.

(And that is how the great One Piece X Fairy Tail war on Court Records ended).

Kurain Fey! Lolness, behold~!

Oh no! I really can't decide. One Piece? I really enjoyed watching Fairy Tail tho.... :maya: One Tail or Fairy Piece? .....Okay, maybe One Piece. :pearl:
Kurain Fey! Spirit Medium at Law!

kurainkun wrote:
Oh no! I really can't decide. One Piece? I really enjoyed watching Fairy Tail tho.... :maya: One Tail or Fairy Piece? .....Okay, maybe One Piece. :pearl:

Dear mother of god for all that is holy please dont ever....combine both animes together :grey:

Call me James

I'm fairly neutral when it comes to this argument. I just love mah One Piece and that's that, really.

What I will say however, is that I do think Mashima does take a few too many liberties when it comes to inspirations and the like, from One Piece.

Inspiration is all well and good, and I'm trying to keep it as neutral as I can, despite being biased. So I'll just ask any Fairy Tail fans what they think of this? :gumshoe:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Professor Yoshi wrote:
I'm fairly neutral when it comes to this argument. I just love mah One Piece and that's that, really.

What I will say however, is that I do think Mashima does take a few too many liberties when it comes to inspirations and the like, from One Piece.

Inspiration is all well and good, and I'm trying to keep it as neutral as I can, despite being biased. So I'll just ask any Fairy Tail fans what they think of this? :gumshoe:

This is actually one of my reasons when I argue with Fairy Tail fans because like you said its fine when you wanna use some ideas of someone like Oda who was trained by the same person who trained Mashima which was Akira Toriyama then its fine but when you try too hard to have your series popular by almost making a carbon copy of One Piece then I feel like thats crossing the line which is also why I hate that a Fairy Tail fan could ever say it is better than One Piece.

Kurain Fey! Lolness, behold~!

Fool Bright wrote:
kurainkun wrote:

Dear mother of god for all that is holy please dont ever....combine both animes together :grey:

Ahaha... Then again. That would be bad..... :payne:
Kurain Fey! Spirit Medium at Law!
Page 1 of 2 [ 62 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios