Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 3 of 3[ 101 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: Detective Conan/Case ClosedTopic%20Title

迷探偵

davech1987 wrote:
to the chime that plays when it all clicks in conan's head to the music

コテリン☆
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

DetectiveTohru

Ash wrote:
davech1987 wrote:

コテリン☆

Indeed... Completely forgot they did that... The anime has some real down time during the 500s or something for me but it has been picking up and I love the atmosphere in some of the current episodes.

The easy case before mystery train is one that I've rewatched multiple times. In the 600s I definitely liked the one hour special with Heiji, it's alot funnier than in the manga.
The anime originals haven't been all that great lately so about that I think it's a good idea that they decide to rerun older episodes most of the time.

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Hatshinit wrote:
Ash wrote:
davech1987 wrote:

コテリン☆

Indeed... Completely forgot they did that... The anime has some real down time during the 500s or something for me but it has been picking up and I love the atmosphere in some of the current episodes.

The easy case before mystery train is one that I've rewatched multiple times. In the 600s I definitely liked the one hour special with Heiji, it's alot funnier than in the manga.
The anime originals haven't been all that great lately so about that I think it's a good idea that they decide to rerun older episodes most of the time.

I remember I think it was in the 600's episode region that instead of showing a clip of he next episode they would show clips (remastered) for an old one , I don't plan to watch anyomre detective conan apart from dvd. Since I don't have the resources to do it often , has the BO plot advanced last I saw was the reveal of Burbon has the BO plot advance much since then ??

Also can anyone tell me what happen to Akai did he turn out to be Subaru and if so how the hell did it all get pulled off ?

thanks
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Don't call me Shirley

Careful with spoilers :/ some people reading us haven't necessarily watched everything.

Quote:
Also can anyone tell me what happen to Akai did he turn out to be Subaru and if so how the hell did it all get pulled off ?

Spoiler: Spoiler - around Chapter 890
Apparently he has been masquerading as Subaru. But that chapter was also full with other stuff and masquerades, like the Subaru in THAT Chapter was actually Yuusaku dressing up as Subaru, while Akai was in the car with Jodie and the Yuusaku at the award ceremony on the TV was probably his wife playing him...

tl;dr basically, it feels impossible to get a damn straight answer from Aoyama anymore that doesn't open up another box full of questions that won't be answered until way too freaking late.

Seriously, half the stuff he reveals I feel like I have to go back hundreds of chapters to remember who or what the fuck they are talking about again...

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

Apparently he has been masquerading as Subaru. But that chapter was also full with other stuff and masquerades, like the Subaru in THAT Chapter was actually Yuusaku dressing up as Subaru, while Akai was in the car with Jodie and the Yuusaku at the award ceremony on the TV was probably his wife playing him...

tl;dr basically, it feels impossible to get a damn straight answer from Aoyama anymore that doesn't open up another box full of questions that won't be answered until way too freaking late.

Seriously, half the stuff he reveals I feel like I have to go back hundreds of chapters to remember who or what the fuck they are talking about again...

C-A

Part of the reason I gave up too much to remember when it becomes the next major plot point
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

C-A

Part of the reason I gave up too much to remember when it becomes the next major plot point

I read a review a while back for one of the movies and the reviewer discribed Detective Conan as Nancy Drew but instead of it being in book form it is animated ( think it was mainly because of the kids element )

DetectiveTohru

davech1987 wrote:
I read a review a while back for one of the movies and the reviewer discribed Detective Conan as Nancy Drew but instead of it being in book form it is animated ( think it was mainly because of the kids element )

What movie could that be because they seem more like Die Hard movies to me at times.

Private Eye in the Distant Sea is my favourite Conan movie in a long, long time btw.

迷探偵

I thought that Private Eye in the Distant Seas was a good movie, though it felt more like an Aibou film than a Conan film (because of the scriptwriter Sakurai; a bit similar how Phantom of Baker Street felt kinda out of place because of Nozawa Hisashi's script).

I have high expectations for Ijigen no Sniper though! Stories from a friend who saw the film in the theater make the wait for the home release even more difficult!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

DetectiveTohru

I must say Makoto is quite the monster, lol! I never expected to see that go down...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNPlMAsyC5A&t=4m40s

DetectiveTohru

So Conan got a new ending today, but with the 3 weeks of break for the anime, we won't be seeing the actual animation for the ending itself in a while yet. The song itself feels really fresh. As expected of Mai Kuraki.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23ub2h_ed48-20140816_music

迷探偵

So, if they were to make a live action version of the Lupin III vs Detective Conan movie...

https://twitter.com/trend_today/status/ ... 48/photo/1

DetectiveTohru

Ash wrote:
So, if they were to make a live action version of the Lupin III vs Detective Conan movie...

https://twitter.com/trend_today/status/ ... 48/photo/1

I'd say it probably wouldn't work but the styles would be less different than in the anime form so...

DetectiveTohru

So I hear that Magic Kaito manga will continue for 3 chapters, I think that makes it few chapters from getting a volume out unless Gosho starts putting out 30 page chapters for it again?

New anime for MK also announced, made a thread about it here. It's by different studio this time. 24 episodes sounds quite a bit for a 30-33 chapter series.
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/manga/magi ... 12-351471/

迷探偵

Hatshinit wrote:
So I hear that Magic Kaito manga will continue for 3 chapters, I think that makes it few chapters from getting a volume out unless Gosho starts putting out 30 page chapters for it again?

The only other story collected yet is the two chapter long Phantom Lady, so assuming the new story will be of normal length too, Aoyama doesn't even have enough to fill half a volume.

DetectiveTohru

Ash wrote:
Hatshinit wrote:

The only other story collected yet is the two chapter long Phantom Lady, so assuming the new story will be of normal length too, Aoyama doesn't even have enough to fill half a volume.

If that's true, I hope he won't get some kind of sudden urge to get a volume out just because of this anime remake/original/whatever.

迷探偵

Oh wait, Magic Kaito chapters are usually longer than Conan, right? Then Aoyama should have a bit more than half a volume. I wouldn't mind a new volume for Magic Kaito, but I doubt he will rush out chapters just to fill out a volume: I remember he had almost enough for volume 4 when he released Golden Eye back in...2002? and it still took him four, five years to do the last two chapters (Dark Knight). The new story is just to cross-promote the new TV series, I think, like how Phantom Lady was done to cross promote the Summer of KID month a couple of years ago.

DetectiveTohru

I think the chapter length varies on how much time he wants to spend writing the chapters, Aoyama seems to either want to do 3 chapter cases for DC or just 1 chapter short stories for Kaito (30-32 pages per or something) for the most part...

I got Magic Kaito volume 1 somewhere but I can't find it right now to confirm, but on net it says that the 1st volume had only 6 chapters so I guess that's about right.

迷探偵

Actually, almost all MK chapters written after Aoyama started with Conan have been 'short' (18? 20? pages. The same as Conan). The long chapters were from MK's serialization / during Yaiba's serialization That's why volume 4 has nine chapters, instead of the six like the first volume (and it's nine, because the first chapter is still a long story). Black Star, Golden Eye and Dark Knight were all 'short', and I think Phantom Lady too, so I guess the new story will be as long as a Conan three chapter story (~60 pages).

DetectiveTohru

Hmm so it seems... Well hopefully it can still contain a nice short story.
Luckily Aoyama is not one to flood chapters with one panel double spread pages....
Page 3 of 3 [ 101 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios