Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

New AnimeTopic%20Title

With each new season comes a new bunch of anime! Crunchyroll and a bunch of other similar sites have pretty much announced their line up for new anime this season.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the new shows? Anything you're really looking forward to? With Kill la Kill and Attack On Titan being the most recent hits, any thoughts on what will be the more popular anime this time around?

You can view Anime News Network's list of spring anime here (I believe it's the most extensive): http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/preview-guide/2014/the-spring-anime/

My thoughts are that this season looks pretty bland at first glance. There's nothing particular that I'd be interested in. Most of them seem to either be sports anime, card-game related, or continuations of series I've never watched. Also, living in England, there are few shows that aren't available in my area, which sucks. :sadshoe:
However, I did try watching the first episode of 'The World is Still Beautiful,' which I think has some potential. The characters seemed quite original, although the plot does seem a bit cliche.

I think that new series seem to be quite lacking, but there are a whole lot of sequels and continuations. Is anyone going to be watching those? I've heard the new series of Fairy Tail is supposed to be good, but I never watched the first.

Any thoughts? :basil:
Re: New AnimeTopic%20Title

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I've seen the first episodes of:
Mahouka
Brynhildr
One Week Friends
Love Live S2
Daimidaler
Captain Earth
and Stardust Crusaders

Mahouka has some hype behind it, so hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
Brynhildr is written by the same guy that did Elfen Lied, so that may turn out good.
One Week Friends is like an anime version of 50 First Dates, and I enjoyed that movie.
I really liked the first season of Love Live.
Daimidaler is a mecha where the MC gets his powers from perversion. I'll just watch this for fun.
Captain Earth looks to be an interesting mecha.
AND STARDUST CRUSADERS IS JUST TOO GODDAMN MANLY!

Mirii-chan wrote:

I think that new series seem to be quite lacking, but there are a whole lot of sequels and continuations. Is anyone going to be watching those? I've heard the new series of Fairy Tail is supposed to be good, but I never watched the first.

Ever since I became a JoJo's fan, I just can't bring myself to watch normal shounens anymore. They're just... not as good.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Yeah, I thought some of those seemed interesting. Some of those shows aren't available in my area, though, which is pretty annoying. :sad-maya:

Blak The Great wrote:
Ever since I became a JoJo's fan, I just can't bring myself to watch normal shounens anymore. They're just... not as good.

I've never watched JoJo's, but it looks so awesome! I've heard a whole bunch of good things about it, so I'll probably end up watching that as well. I find it hard to sit through any normal shounen anime, to be honest. I thought Attack On Titan was good, though.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Mirii-chan wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

I've never watched JoJo's, but it looks so awesome! I've heard a whole bunch of good things about it, so I'll probably end up watching that as well. I find it hard to sit through any normal shounen anime, to be honest. I thought Attack On Titan was good, though.

I was hype for AoT when it first started, but then as the series progressed I became increasingly irritated with how most of the characters acted *coughErenandMikasacough*, plot-twists would never be resolved, and how quickly it turned into a mecha. I tend to criticize the stuff that goes mainstream a little more harshly since people tend to overlook their flaws and say "THIS IS THE BEST ANIMAY EVUR!" Most recent examples I can think of are SAO and AoT.

Blak The Great wrote:
I was hype for AoT when it first started, but then as the series progressed I became increasingly irritated with how most of the characters acted *coughErenandMikasacough*, plot-twists would never be resolved, and how quickly it turned into a mecha. I tend to criticize the stuff that goes mainstream a little more harshly since people tend to overlook their flaws and say "THIS IS THE BEST ANIMAY EVUR!" Most recent examples I can think of are SAO and AoT.

Yeah, I've only watched three episodes of AoT, so I'm just going really on first impressions. I like that there's a grittier feel to the series than a normal shounen anime, but even only a few episodes in, I find it a little cliche.
Spoiler: Spoilers, I guess, for AoT (though everyone's probably seen it already :/)
The main character wants to kill all the titans because his mother got killed by them. I've heard that a whole bunch of times before. Why can't there just be a series where a character hates something because of impersonal reasons, or at least different personal reasons! Still, maybe that's just me. I do find it better than SAO, though (I couldn't stand that past one episode).

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Mirii-chan wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

Yeah, I've only watched three episodes of AoT, so I'm just going really on first impressions. I like that there's a grittier feel to the series than a normal shounen anime, but even only a few episodes in, I find it a little cliche.
Spoiler: Spoilers, I guess, for AoT (though everyone's probably seen it already :/)
The main character wants to kill all the titans because his mother got killed by them. I've heard that a whole bunch of times before. Why can't there just be a series where a character hates something because of impersonal reasons, or at least different personal reasons! Still, maybe that's just me. I do find it better than SAO, though (I couldn't stand that past one episode).

I initially liked how Eren was at the start of the show. I thought I finally found a shounen protagonist who was bloodthirsty enough to get things done.
Spoiler: AoT
But then he becomes a little whiny bitch as the series progresses. I get it. Titans are fucking scary, but you still need to grow a pair and actually do something instead of just crying for 5 episodes in a row dammit! It really doesn't help when he's voiced by Kaiji Yuuki. Fuck that guy and his whiny characters.

Blak The Great wrote:
I initially liked how Eren was at the start of the show. I thought I finally found a shounen protagonist who was bloodthirsty enough to get things done.
Spoiler: AoT
But then he becomes a little whiny bitch as the series progresses. I get it. Titans are fucking scary, but you still need to grow a pair and actually do something instead of just crying for 5 episodes in a row dammit! It really doesn't help when he's voiced by Kaiji Yuuki. Fuck that guy and his whiny characters.

I actually quite like the emotional factors of the show, I think that's what makes it more realistic. That being said, I've not seen the entire series through yet, so I don't know how Eren's character will develop.

I watched Captain Earth. I didn't have a clue what was going on in the second half, but it seems interesting. I also saw Chaika -The Coffin Princess- and Black Bullet, which both seem cool. I found the main characters in Black Bullet a little grating, though.
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios