Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 13 posts ]

Ultimate Muscle/KinnikumanTopic%20Title

Formerly Dr.Cube

I love this series so much!!!! Yudetmago started writing the original kinnikuman when they were still in high school which I think is pretty neat. My favorite character is Brocken Jr. (kinda obvious isn't it?). I really like his techniques like the red rain of berlin, bremen sunset, and the black fog of hamburg. I love how goofy the series can get and how cool the series can get at the same time. Well my fanboy will continue so I'll just stop for now.
Re: Ultimate Muscle/KinnikumanTopic%20Title

spr fckn srs peepz

You know something I hate about that series?

G-1 was never translated.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Kanpeki Choujin

Tony_Tony_Gangsta wrote:
But all the characters (besides wally tusket) are amazing, right Jr.? Larry

Formerly Dr.Cube

huh I haven't read that part. Oh well wally just makes me angry because of how much he loses. He gets up there and you start reading his fight and he starts to take the lead and someone in the crowd is like "You can do it wally!" but he always ends up getting his butt kicked like hardcore.

Paddy O'Reily O'Shwartzenburg

Not anymore.

Kanpeki Choujin

Formerly Dr.Cube

Neptuneman? I thought the hell's missionaries were from the original kinnikuman. Oh also do you have a scan of a good red rain of berlin or kinniku buster? Sorry but you're like my hero now.

Last edited by Brocken_Jr. on Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Formerly Dr.Cube

Oh when does Brocken use Bremen sunset? You seem to be the real kinnikuman person on these boards. (sorry for the double post it was an accident)

spr fckn srs peepz

A question :

Is the english translation of the Kinnikuman G-2 manga any good? I'm thinking of picking it up.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Formerly Dr.Cube

Yes it is very good. They do keep wally tusket's dub name but the rest have their original japanese ones. Except for canadianman they made him the caknuckler. Its very good and there is no censorship.

Paddy O'Reily O'Shwartzenburg

Actually there's a lot of censorship, but they've toned it down lately since the cartoon has ended and the fad has sort of died out. The early volumes are rough--and I don't really agree with a lot of the name changes. Sure, Seuichin to Wally or Gazelleman to Dik Dik are stupid, but I'm more annoyed about things like the Kinniku Buster becoming the 'Butt Buster' for no apparent reason. It could have just been 'Muscle Buster.'

There are also a lot of weird WWF references and puns which are slightly annoying but not so much. If you're a Kinnikuman fan and you don't mind reading raws, Viz does a decent job. They've started leaving in a lot of the toilet humor that they took out of the earlier volumes.

A good way to know if things have been changed with Viz is to look at the page where they list all the print info--if they've changed stuff, there's a disclaimer that reads 'some artwork has been changed from the original etc. etc.'

Formerly Dr.Cube

Oh I got the re-print volumes. After volume 13 they stopped censoring it. Then some of the reprints were uncencorsed. I hate to use this as the example but you can see kid muscle get a boner (when he thinks about all the girls who will be after him if he wins) before the checkmate fight in the reprints but not in the original (which I think is volume three). Also butt buster was changed back to kinniku buster. Sorry to sound like I'm just trying to contradict you trust me I'm smart enough to not pick a fight with a mod.

spr fckn srs peepz

Kenjimurasame wrote:
Actually there's a lot of censorship, but they've toned it down lately since the cartoon has ended and the fad has sort of died out. The early volumes are rough--and I don't really agree with a lot of the name changes. Sure, Seuichin to Wally or Gazelleman to Dik Dik are stupid, but I'm more annoyed about things like the Kinniku Buster becoming the 'Butt Buster' for no apparent reason. It could have just been 'Muscle Buster.'

There are also a lot of weird WWF references and puns which are slightly annoying but not so much. If you're a Kinnikuman fan and you don't mind reading raws, Viz does a decent job. They've started leaving in a lot of the toilet humor that they took out of the earlier volumes.

A good way to know if things have been changed with Viz is to look at the page where they list all the print info--if they've changed stuff, there's a disclaimer that reads 'some artwork has been changed from the original etc. etc.'

Kenji, considering my avatar, I don't think I'm going to mind WWF/E references all that much :P

Also, if Viz would have given this the same treatment they gave Tough... it'd have been uncensored from the get-go. But the reprints sound like they've given it that treatment, so it should be decent enough to warrant picking up.
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios