Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 22 posts ]

Dingo Pictures- The Best Worst 'Animation' You'll Ever SeeTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

This company is infamous for producing some of the worst animation movies that anyone has ever seen. This is the fan club for them.

Here, have a link to some of their ""works"", like this, this, and this.

If you're amused by this, then I HIGHLY recommend you view their other works. They're great. If not, get out while you still can.

What are your thoughts on these amazing atrocities in animation?

Last edited by Southern Corn on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Lion and the King-The Best Worst Movie I've ever SeenTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Pah, it's been so long I forgot this existed. So I rewatched it. Lion and the King, that is. It was definitely worth it. So I'm going to do a detailed analysis on this because it deserves it. Here we go:

Spoiler: Spoilers for the best half hour of your life
Alright, so I'll be separating this into several categories. Let's start with...

Story
The story is well written, and is narrated by a couple of, um, er...meerkat...gopher things? Rodents. Anyway, this is technically a sequel to another film made by the same company. Sadly, it was never released in English and it never got to see the light of day. The sequel, however, focuses on the conflict between the two ruling fathers on both sides of the border (aka the Lion King and the extremely notorious Black Panther) and their sons. While they are both enemies, the subtle parallels between each of them definitely lends credence to the movie. The search for the diamond also kept me intrigued, and it definitely did disappoint! I really like the cliffhanger this movie leaves us on, too. While it seems to tie everything up and the end, there are still some unanswered questions that will most likely be addressed in the sequel.
Oh yeah, the message is also pretty good. They subtly incorporated a message to donate to the society of endangered animals. If you missed it, then I suggest rewatching the movie but paying closer attention. It's pretty hard to get though.

Animation

Look, I know a lot of people give this movie shit for having terrible animation, but I completely disagree with that. The preschoolers they hired as illustrators did a great job drawing the stock backgrounds and tracing artwork of the Lion King characters, and I won't believe anyone who says otherwise. And despite having a slightly lower budgets than most modern Hollywood films, they still managed to have arrays and arrays of fully unique animations which they never even repeated once. So you have to give them credit for that.

Characters

As I mentioned earlier, there are some definite parallels between some characters, but I feel honestly that some stuff went unexplored. Like the love triangle between Robin, Mew Mew and Dundee. I feel that they honestly could have put in a bit more conflict but as it stands now it's also fine. I can see why some people find Robin kind of an asshole, but only literally. That nose is disgusting. But other than that? Absolutely not. He treated both Dundee and Mew Mew fairly and equally, and never once said anything to them that he shouldn't have. Now that's what I call a likeable character. The side characters are appropriately annoying, and the fathers are both terrible. I do wonder why Mew Mew's mother is a gorilla, but I'd rather not know.

Voice Acting

Once again, I have to defend the VAs. A lot of people think they're terrible, they're not. This is honestly one of the best anime dubs I've ever heard, and I have to give credit to both the VAs for pulling it off, considering they were also the VAs in the original dub. The fathers both sound like they're high, the cubs sound uninterested in everything that's happening, Dundee is trying too hard to pull off an Australian accent considering he's never spoken English in his life, the elephants are drunk, the female characters are forgettable, the monkeys are hellspawn and the bird....just why? Why is that bird so screechy?
Anyway, I'm getting off track. The VAs did a great job with the characters and you can't deny it.

Comedy

The comedy...speaks for itself. Here are some highlights:

1. "The diamonds, MUH GOD!"
2. "Even if it's just a joke, it's not DONE!"
3. "It's hard when your father's the king."
4. "Your father the black panther is your father?!"
5. "Shall we be friends?"
"Hmm, I dunno. I think we should be enemies."
"Okay"
6. "Do you know where the hiding place is?"
"That's not an easy question to answer. Do you know where the hiding place is?"
7. "Shut up, Dundee."

If you're not converted by the end of this, then I dunno what to tell you.

Overall Thoughts

Clearly, Lion and the King is the best movie ever made. Every aspect of this movie is the best thing ever. On a scale of 1-10, I give this film a 11/10, partially because 11 doesn't exist on a scale of 1-10. I can't wait for the sequel where the temporary armistice between the two leaders ends and more unnecessary conflict arises.

So yeah. There you go. Enjoy.

sorry I'm not that great at doing this

Last edited by Southern Corn on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

That's Dingo Pictures for you - the "best" my country has to offer. ;)

They made other *cough*... "movies", too. Probably most of them can be found on Youtube. Phelous reviewed some of them.
(As a side note, this piece of crap isn't even what it claims to be. It's part 2. For some reason, they sold the same "movie" twice in the US, one under the title that should have been the first part, and one with the "2" in the title. From what I remember, part 1 was about Robin's birth -he's born with the same look he has in the second movie- and something something politics, ow the animals want to vote the leader instead of having him born into it, and it ends with the adult lion telling them they will get their democracy, "but, you're going to vote for Robin, of course" )hint int threat threat).

dingo even used to offer commissions a few years ago, but I think they no longer do that. Probably because people laughed at them a bit too much. ;)

Happy Maria

Indeed! That truly is something to be proud of. IMO this is their magnum opus. The other ones...aren't really that funny. Aladin and Animal Soccer World are prime examples of this :/

That movie sounds great too. Wish it got localised. I would've LOVED to see that.

I wonder what Dingo's ""commissions"" were like. ..I bet they could sell well.

Try out Pocahontas or (I think) Dinosaur Adventure. It's bad. ^^
The only things I remember from Aladin are the really bad bath song (including copypasted random angry woman) and a German politician who was probably still chancellor at the time being one of the random bystanders. (In fact, I think they put him in more than one "movie", I just don't remember where else.)
ETA: Apparently, one ther instance was the Hunchback Of Notre Dame.

Happy Maria

Dinosaur Adventure was very amusing. Lots of good moments, like when the baby falls off a cliff, when the science Dino says that they'll be able to fly, when some dinos become meat eaters just because, and my favourite- Tio II. Everything about that is so twisted. I love it.

Pocahontas is meh. It goes on for quite a while but it's quite boring. I'll never quite forget the talking bush though.

Dalmatians and its sequel though are pretty great. The first one's pretty short with a crow narrator who's pretty much uselesss except for one scene, and the sequel takes place with the protagonists' children. With a terrible fifteen minute flashback to the first film for no good reason.

What a goldmine this animation studio is.

Ooh, I haven't seen the Dalmations yet. Will have to watch those some time. :D
One of the greatest thing with Dingo movies is definitely the parenting. ALL the parenting. It's hard to decide who did it best. ^^

Happy Maria

Indeed. Ironically, King MUHGOD and Black Panther were the only ones they actually called 'bad parents'. Personally though, nothing will beat the parents from Dinosaur Adventure. Just the fact that they didn't even bother looking for their son and immediately decided to reproduce and THEN name their baby after their other child and TELL HIM ABOUT HIS SUPPOSEDLY DEAD BROTHER.

You know, now that I think about it, Dingo Pictures can actually be rather dark sometimes. Yet they always do it in the goofiest way possible.

I watched their Hunchback a while back, and I was surprised by their accuracy regarding the original story (though that doesn't necessarily make it better). They made it a bit happier at the end, but still, in the end, Quasimodo gets put in jail. Still, they included Frollo's death just like it was in the original, which is nice. The goat's testimony though...that was so hilariously idiotic. Apparently judges in Paris weren't very bright. Oh, and you can't forget Pierre. Honestly? He was prettier than Esmeralda. :P

Maybe I should make this topic more about Dingo Pictures. They certainly are an interesting group, alright.

I had the same thought about Pierre. ^^
Also, is it just me, or did the goat always look like it had three tails?

Happy Maria

I changed the topic to just Dingo Pictures in general. I think it fits better and now we can encourage more discussion on this topic.

Pessimistic_Fool wrote:
I had the same thought about Pierre. ^^
Also, is it just me, or did the goat always look like it had three tails?

Indeed, Pierre is quite the prettyboy.

As for the goat, I think you're right. I saw it too. It looks like the goat's butt is...well, you know where this is going.

What I also didn't notice was that it had a puppy dog nose for some reason. I learnt that from the TVTropes page. Which, yes, it exists. It was an entertaining read, and now I feel the urge to go watch more Dungo (a typo, but a rather fitting one).

Edit: So...as you can probably see by my new avatar, I went ahead and watched the Mouse Police. It was certainly interesting. It was rather short, but that also made it more enjoyable.

Also a lot more swearing in this one. I could've sworn I heard 'shit' twice as well as a 'smartass'. Who're these made for again?
Re: Dingo Pictures- The Best Worst 'Animation' You'll Ever STopic%20Title

Could just be lazy translation (I mean, their English really isn't all that great, and the rest is plain lazy. "I'm Butcher. That means 'butcher'").

Other things you gotta admire throughout their movies:

-How they have no cle how animals move, and have them just do a human leg motion that looks like their knees are broken
-Noses in general (lion with a butt for a nose, the goat, dinosaurs also with dog noses...)
-How they can't even cut off their background so the sheets behind it don't show in the picture
-How the voice actors. Talk? As if...itwasallrecorded in one taaaaaake? And they're redding off a betly witten scwipt with no punctuation
-Random bystander laughing for no reason
-Padding out the "movie" length by showing random characters slowly walk from one end of a background sheet to the other

ETA: Oh dear god... I just checked their website out of curiosity. They still do commissions, they just changed the wording. http://www.dingo-pictures.de/en/production.htm

Happy Maria

Pessimistic_Fool wrote:
Could just be lazy translation (I mean, their English really isn't all that great, and the rest is plain lazy. "I'm Butcher. That means 'butcher'").

Could be, but I swear, there's a lot of swearing in these movies. Probably due to cultural dissonance.

Quote:
Other things you gotta admire throughout their movies:

-How they have no clue how animals move, and have them just do a human leg motion that looks like their knees are broken
-Noses in general (lion with a butt for a nose, the goat, dinosaurs also with dog noses...)
-How they can't even cut off their background so the sheets behind it don't show in the picture
-How the voice actors. Talk? As if...itwasallrecorded in one taaaaaake? And they're redding off a betly witten scwipt with no punctuation
-Random bystander laughing for no reason
-Padding out the "movie" length by showing random characters slowly walk from one end of a background sheet to the other

-Yeah, like Wabuu the kangaraccoon. It gets worse in Animal Soccer World.
-Hey, give them some credit. They did a good job sketching out the Lion King characters with crayons. But yeah, their noses suck. I've heard that the dolphins from their Atlantis movie have nostrils for some reason too. I don't know why this is a recurring theme for them. Of course, my favourite one is my profile picture. It looks soooo terrible. And goofy. And it also has the same nose as the bears and the goat.
-Yeah, that's something I've also seen a lot. I don't know why they can't use basic editing software.
-"Your father the Black Panther's your father!" was obviously meant to be spaced out more, but yeah, you know what happens with these people. Animal Soccer World and Aladin only have 1 voice actor, and they really suck. You can even hear the turning of the script at one point, and the creaking of their chair.
-Heeheeheeheehee. Don't forget how they increase and decrease the size of the character's face when they're shouting, like the nuns in Norte Dame.
-I remember a lot of that from Mouse Police, and it felt SOOO awkward.

Quote:
ETA: Oh dear god... I just checked their website out of curiosity. They still do commissions, they just changed the wording. http://www.dingo-pictures.de/en/production.htm

'Animated movies not just for kids', eh? ...I'll pass.

One of their genres under there is 'Mystery Stories'. I was expecting all of their films to be under there tbh.

I can thank Phelous for introducing me to them.

I only know of Dingo Pictures because of Phelous. (He reveiws bad movies and stuff. He's like Nostalgia Critic but with a lower budget and debatably lower brow humor.) The main one I remember him reviewing was Dingo Pictures version of Hunchback of Notre Dame. The movie itself looks like it was drawn in MS-Paint, It seems as they reuse animations and character sprites to spend less money on the production of the movies they make. It's very hard to take these movies seriously tbh.

Happy Maria

I think their laziness and tackiness really add to the entertainment value imho.

Also, is this Pelous guy that popular? I'll have to look him up and see his reviews on these.

Yabba Dabba Doo

I heard the Yee music at the end of Lion and the King.

That's an immediate 10/10 in my book.

Happy Maria

Eh preferences differ, but what really sold it for me was the immediate flubbing of lines not one minute into the film.

Now THAT'S a sign of quality.

Just watched Lion and the King.

12/10, that was excellent in animation and voice acting quality, not to mention the writing. "I think we should be enemies."

Dingo pictures should do the animation for the next AA anime season.
Signature loading, please wait...

Happy Maria

shaddup Dundee I'm gonna donate you to the society of annoying crocodiles

bOIng!

I absolutely love that scene in one of their movies where a live bug starts crawling on the screen. How is that even possible?

Happy Maria

They're excellent at their craft obviously what else?

bOIng!

Well, obviously, considering that said bug is crawling under the freaking animation cel. Not being entirely sarcastic here, something like that certainly requires a kind of talent.
Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios