Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 6 posts ]

Is Animation Just for Kids?Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

This has been a rather hot topic that's been discussed for years.

Personally,I think animation should be embraced as its own genre. There are many more adultish animations nowadays,and even kids movies are starting to appeal to adults heavily. Of course,there is the exception-the stupid kids film that tries to talk down to their audience,hammer in their message,and just turns everyone off in general. This,I feel is what keeps us from embracing animation as its own art form.

What are your thoughts on this subject?
Re: Is Animation Just for Kids?Topic%20Title

What is important is the message the art tries to spread. The meaning. Not the appearance. I can create a cute animation with childish, sweet cartoons, and deal with themes that are very mature in essence. Or I can create a movie that looks mature, with real, adult characters, without going beyond infantile subjects and ideas.

So no, animations are not just for kids. It all depends on their content, message, etc.

Though I know some people in their 20s and late teens who like My Little Pony. I don't judge, but I can't understand, personally. How watching something like this can enrich me, or benefit me? Seems like a waste of time, like watching Barney & Friends just for the sake of nostalgia.

Gettin' Old!

While we're talking about artistic style, in games with childish/cutesy art like Cave Story and Undertale there can still be very adult and dark themes.

In didn't realise this was still a commonly held opinion these days? Thought most new generations now have an understanding that Animations come in many forms.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

No,there are still many who consider animation an inferior art form,suitable only for kids. Sad,really

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I'd argue the existence of various anime series, along with shows like The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, etc... kind of proves that animation isn't just used for kids, though I do wish the U.S. would embrace animation for that middle range of viewers who like more mature content, but don't care for the crassness of "adult cartoons."

Happy Maria

Yeah,stuff like those are too raunchy for my taste.
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios