Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 6 posts ]

Devil May Cry AnimeTopic%20Title

Sailor Senshi

If you haven't already know, Capcom is finally giving us a series based on another men in red. It shall be released in Japan, Spring 2007. Here is it's official site.
http://dmc-tv.com/

From what I googled, the series will only last 12 episodes, will be produced by Madhouse studios, directed by Shin Itagaki, and Toshiki Inoue will be the script writter.
Though I ponder if it will be English, since most of the DMC games are voiced in English with Japanese subtitles.

This will be the second time Dante appears anime-like, the first is Viewtiful Joe game.

Oh well, when I go to Otakon this year, I could seek it out to see if it's any good.

Here's the trailer on You Tube if anyone is interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEsDB2SzMk0
C'est la vie, watashi ga watashi de iru kagiri. C'est la vie, anata o aishi tsudzuketai. C'est la vie, watashi ga watashi de aru riyuu. C'est la vie, anata ga anata de aru riyuu
Re: Devil May Cry AnimeTopic%20Title

nuuuuu, stoooooop

It's about time! They've only been teasing us for the last year. Nick

I hope it really rocks. DMC is a perfect series for anime and movies (I haven't really been impressed with the comics. Has anyone read the novel? I heard it starred the writer's original character or something and stayed totally away). I don't really mind if it's in Japanese or English as long as it's done well.

Or if not done well, done completely over the top and cheesy, like DMC has always been. Redd White
ImageImage

stirring

Croik wrote:
Or if not done well, done completely over the top and cheesy, like DMC has always been. Redd White

While cheesy and over-the-top is good, it just doesn't work when you have a character who looks like he just graduated from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's University, scarfing down pizza and rocking the bowl cut. Sadshoe (DMC3) That was just too cheesy.
If you come across an older post of mine, said with insensitivity or without empathy, I am sorry.

Sailor Senshi

Croik wrote:
Has anyone read the novel? I heard it starred the writer's original character or something and stayed totally away).

I have, both were released by TokyoPop. DMC Novel 1 was a prelude to DMC, while DMC Novel 2 was a prelude to DMC2.
Spoiler: DMC Novel 1
The novel stars Tony Redgrave, the name Dante used to hid himself from the demons, but when the demons kept on coming and killed off a local gunsmith, Tony returned to his roots, calling himself Dante once again. The guns he owns, Ebony & Ivory, are engraved with this; "For Tony Redgrave".
Anyways, during the end, Dante finds out the mysterious man who summoned the demons is his brother, who disappears into the darkness after being defeated by Dante.
Interesting info; Dante's favourite dessert is Strawberry Sunday. He asks for it in the tavern/bar he works for.

Spoiler: DMC Novel 2
They have a monster similiar to Cerberus in DMC3, but since this novel came out before DMC3, the monster was called "The Beastheads".

C'est la vie, watashi ga watashi de iru kagiri. C'est la vie, anata o aishi tsudzuketai. C'est la vie, watashi ga watashi de aru riyuu. C'est la vie, anata ga anata de aru riyuu

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Quote:
I have, both were released by TokyoPop. DMC Novel 1 was a prelude to DMC, while DMC Novel 2 was a prelude to DMC2.

Ah, okay. I got thrown off when they were talking about "Tony" (laaaaaame). Are they actually any good?

And you're right, HH, DMC3 Dante was too much for me. Detective Gumshoe Dante's much better in the first game, when he's a goober but not an obnoxious little punk.

Maybe if he actually, like, talked at all in DMC2 he could have been cool then, too.
ImageImage

Sailor Senshi

They're actually good for 10$ Also both feature artwork based on the story.

New Anime Trailer up, along with clips from DMC4 on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he6nIpQrhIk

Other news, they say the anime will start in June, which means I won't be seeing it at Otakon. Oh well.
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios