Board index » Roleplay » Trials

Page 1 of 2[ 57 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Turnabout Catfight is GOOOOO!!!Topic%20Title

Oh, Mr. Moffat, you card you.

Here I go, my first RP trial.
Try not to get the defendant a guilty!
Here is the link to the RP trial if you are too lazy unable to find it on your own: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6840
--------------------------------------------------------
Turnabout Catfight
Crime: Murder, 1st degree

Case Description: Cymric Chartreux and Paul Slynx were friends and co-workers in the armed services. Before the murder, Paul had been called to Cymric's apartment. It appeared there was an argument over something, as shouting could be heard by the neighbors. Suddenly, Paul left, and only made it part of the way across the street from Cymric's apartment when a single gunshot was fired at, and killing, Paul. The victim, Paul Slynx, had been murdered by a single shot. Officials would discredit the murder's authenticity as the murder weapon was a handgun and the shot was from over 30 feet to a moving target, except scope was found and defendant has military training, and all the current evidence fits.

Victim data: Paul A. Slynx, Male, age 38. Friend of Cymric Chartreux

Suspect data: Cymric (Ricky) Chartreux, Male, age 42. A colleague of the victim, engaged in argument with the victim before crime occurred.

Reason for suspicion: Murder weapon was found in his apartment, recently fired. Had his prints on it, and was registered to him.
Account from witness near the entrance to Paul's apartment complex during murder. Investigation determined reverse angle of trajectory, and determined that the bullet fired originated from Paul's window. Final evidence (Military-grade scope found attached to weapon) makes investigators believe the murder was planned.

Crime scene: Cymric's Apartment - A three room apartment. The main room has a big window facing the street, a couch by the left wall while facing the window. The bedroom, located on the right wall, facing the window, has the bed, computer, and a small window and. The third room is a bathroom, and connects from the bedroom. THe apartment complex is up to six stories, with Cymric's being on the third floor, facing the street. The entrance opens to the reception desk, which is watched the Manager. Victim was walking away form entrance, heading for the sidewalk across the street.

Evidence List:
-Attorney's Badge: 'Nobody would believe I was an Attorney without this,' is inscribed in the back of it. Must be the motto.
-Ricky's "M1911A1 Colt" pistol (Murder Weapon): Fired Once. Registered to the defendant, and has the defendant's finger prints on it.
-Bullet: Was found inside the victim. Ballistics markings match that of the defendants handgun.
-Autopsy Report: Death caused by single bullet to the head from 30-40 feet away. Ballistics from bullet match defendants weapon.
-Special Scope: Was customized to attach to the murder weapon. Prints located on it, but none can be matched. Apparently special-ordered.
-Receipt: Receipt for custom scope from an unknown company, "G.A.T.O. Corp.". No determinable fingerprints.
-G.A.T.O. Corp.: The infamous Guns and Artillery Transition Operative Corporation. Has a prestigious name, but is just a weapon's smuggling company. Manufactures and sells illegal weapons and appliances.
Lotta's Photo: The picture Lotta's took. It shows the scene after the murder took place. The victim is seen lying on the ground...
PM me for the additional spoilers evidence.

Roles: PM me if you wish to have one of these roles.
NOTE: Name is player's choice unless already given.
The Judge - (Name not given)(Male, age 49): (filled by me) Insho
-Like most Judges, he is easy to fool with a compelling argument.
Defense - Xero Wright(Male, Age: 22): Xero Wright
-Son of Phoenix and Iris Wright. This is his second case as a defense attorney. Gets excited easily when contradictions are found, but is mostly serious. Does not let insults pass without shooting them back (metaphorically, of course). Has no rival at this time.
Defense Aide - Alexander West (Male, Age 20): Wanton DestructionZerenos(same guy, new name)
-A young up-and-coming Attorney, he actually wants to become a Prosecutor, but chooses to learn everything he can, and so is dabbling in other aspects of law (hence the legal aide bit). Back in high school he idolized Miles Edgeworth's skills at Prosecution, and always employs these tactics in mock trials.
Prosecution - Micheal Gray(Male, Age 24): Micheal Gray (a.k.a. Evilduck w/ a name change.)
-A young, but headstrong prosecutor, not too long out of law school. He is known for his cold courtroom manner which unnerves his opposition. He also tends to be rude, and believes most attorneys to be below him, and normally avoids any help. He seems to enjoy taking on the most difficult of cases, and always requests to take on difficult opposing council. Although he is still fairly new to the courtroom, he has yet to meet a proper rival.
Prosecution replaced by GP as Edgeworth. XD
Detective - Riccardo "Rick" Ercatore (Male): Gyakuten Phoenix
-Promoted to 'Head Investigator' within a few years of joining the force, Riccardo is an excellent at his job. Of Italian heritage, he has a habit ending his sentences with "capisce". On the side of being a detective, he buys and sells used-furniture at his family's shop. Overall, he's your resident lovable-oaf.
Defendant - Cymric (Ricky) Chartreux (Male, age 42): Ryuuichi NaruhodouGordon Frohman (Same guy, new name)
-Accused of murdering his best friend after the two had an argument in his appartment. A jovial fellow, but easy to aggravate.
Apartment Manager - Amanda Huggenkis (Female, age older-than-dirt): General Luigi
-Stereotypical crazy landowner lady. Otherwise called "the beast". Owns the apartment complex that Cymric lives at.
Witness 1 - John Idoh (Male, age 28): NeroIvan Okrainec (Same Guy, new name)
(Located next to the entrance of apartment building, across the street from where victim was hit.)
-Just your regular john-doe, who happened to witness a murder. The name seems a bit fishy, though.
Witness 2 - Merry Pines (Female, age 19): Lana_Skyes_Heart
-Lives in the apartment next to Cymric's. Claims to have heard argument and gunshot. On a side note, she tends to get a mean-streak with authority figures
Witness 3 - Lotta Hart (Female, age 26): Lauren Order
-Overly southern investigative journalist, who's camera ironically went off and caught a photo of the crime scene just before the bullet fired.
Witness 4 - Jinx: Ben Credable (PI)
-???
PM for character' spoilers.

Spoiler: EDIT: Full case details, for reference. DO NOT READ if you are a character in the case.
Try not to get the defendant the GUILTY death-sentence.

Crime: Murder, 1st degree

Case Description: Cymric Chartreux and Paul Slynx were friends and co-workers in the armed services. Before the murder, Paul had been called to Cymric's apartment. It appeared there was an argument over something, as shouting could be heard by the neighbors. Suddenly, Paul left, and only made it part of the way across the street from Cymric's apartment when a single gunshot was fired at, and killing, Paul. The victim, Paul Slynx, had been murdered by a single shot. Officials would discredit the murder's authenticity as the murder weapon was a handgun and the shot was from over 30 feet to a moving target, except scope was found and defendant has military training, and all the current evidence fits.

Real Events: Cymric and Paul had been working undercover to bust an illegal arms trade. They had just given up, but had managed to find on vital piece of evidence: Jinx. It was a new robot and AI system that the G.A.T.O. Corp. had developed. It was originally just the test body for a new atomized killing machine, developed to be able to use weapons, and also conceal weapons about the size of the handgun inside a compartment on it’s underside. Pero Gato knew they had it, but waited until the right time to steal it back. However, he became paranoid with what the two knew, and so reprogrammed Jinx to drop the scope and receipt inside the apartment and shoot Paul, throwing suspicions on Cymric. Just to Gato’s luck, Paul had called to come over to Cymrics to talk about finding Jinx, and they eventually got into an argument, Cymric wanting to keep it like a pet, and Paul saying that they should recover it and turn it in for investigation. After the argument ended, Paul left, and Cymric went over to type up his LOST PET FLIER. At this point, the reprogrammed Jinx made his way from where Gato had planted him, behind the couch, and quickly found Cymrick's gun. Cymric was close to finishing his flier, only to hear a gunshot. Jinx had fired, dropped the gun upon the floor next to the window, and fled to back behind the couch, where he was recovered by investigators. When Cymric ran out to his dead friend, Gato made his way to Cymric's apartment to find the computer detailing the lost machine-pet, and so started to delete it, only to quickly escape halfway through once he heard the sound of the police sirens. The second part of the reprogramming Gato had added was to tell a fabricated story, on how Cymric had been getting very angry about his friend Paul dating his girlfriend. However, Paul was happily married to a woman out-of state, and Cymric was single, so this caused a big contradiction in the testimony, as they didn’t have the time to find a girl to go steady with and travel around the country.

Victim data: Paul A. Slynx, Male, age 38. Friend of Cymric Chartreux

Suspect data: Cymric (Ricky) Chartreux, Male, age 42. A colleague of the victim, engaged in argument with the victim before crime occurred.

Reason for suspicion: Murder weapon was found in his apartment, recently fired. Had his prints on it, and was registered to him.
Account from witness near the entrance to Paul's apartment complex during murder. Investigation determined reverse angle of trajectory, and determined that the bullet fired originated from Paul's window. Final evidence (Military-grade scope found attached to weapon) makes investigators believe the murder was planned.

Crime scene: Cymric's Apartment - A three room apartment. The main room has a big window facing the street, a couch by the left wall while facing the window. The bedroom, located on the right wall, facing the window, has the bed, computer, and a small window and. The third room is a bathroom, and connects from the bedroom. THe apartment complex is up to six stories, with Cymric's being on the third floor, facing the street. The entrance opens to the reception desk, which is watched the Manager. Victim was walking away form entrance, heading for the sidewalk across the street.

Evidence List:
-Attorney's Badge: 'Nobody would believe I was an Attorney without this,' is inscribed in the back of it. Must be the motto.
-Ricky's "M1911A1 Colt" pistol (Murder Weapon): Fired Once. Registered to the defendant, and has the defendant's finger prints on it.
-Bullet: Was found inside the victim. Ballistics markings match that of the defendants handgun.
-Autopsy Report: Death caused by single bullet to the head from 30-40 feet away. Ballistics from bullet match defendants weapon.
-Special Scope: Was customized to attach to the murder weapon. Prints located on it, but none can be matched. Apparently special-ordered. SPOILERS: Was actually never used in the crime.
-Receipt: Receipt for custom scope from an unknown company, "G.A.T.O. Corp.". No determinable fingerprints.
-G.A.T.O. Corp.: The infamous Guns and Artillery Transition Operative Corporation. Has a prestigious name, but is just a weapon's smuggling company. Manufactures and sells illegal weapons and appliances.
Lotta's Photo: The picture Lotta's camera accidentally took. It shows the scene before the murder took place. The victim is seen crossing the street, J-walking, but that doesn't matter now.... It looks like there is a glare from inside Cymric's apartment window.
PM me for spoiler evidence.
EDIT: SPOILER EVIDENCE:
Jinx’s AI instructions booklet: It seems Jinx is quite the robot. This manual describes multitudes of ways for programing... EVEN MURDER! Hahaha, just kidding... right?
Cymric’s Computer: Found in the second room of Cymric’s apartment. The history file indicates that two users have been on his computer, “SirSim97” and “KINGC4TZ2”.
Missing Pet Flier: Found on Cymric’s computer. He didn’t have time to finish it before he was arrested. Mentions something by the name “Jinx.”
Deactivated Jinx: It seems this crazy cat-bot was the one who pulled the trigger. The only question, who programed it? Has unknown prints all over it. EDIT: Prints match to a ‘Pero Gato’.
John Idoh’s wallet: Accidentally left at the apartment entrance, and picked up by apartment manager. Is empty, except for $30, a happy-pill, and an ID card.
ID Card: Found in John Idoh’s wallet. Has the name ‘Pero Gato’. Maybe it is his friend’s.

Roles:
NOTE: Name is player's choice unless already given.
The Judge - (Name not given)(Male, age 49): (filled by me) Insho
-Like most Judges, he is easy to fool with a compelling argument.
Defense - Xero Wright(Age: 22): Xero Wright
-Son of Phoenix and Iris Wright. This is his second case as a defense attorney. Gets excited easily when contradictions are found, but is mostly serious. Does not let insults pass without shooting them back (metaphorically, of course). Has no rival at this time.
Defense Aide - Alexander West (Male, Age 20): Wanton Destruction
-A young up-and-coming Attorney, he actually wants to become a Prosecutor, but chooses to learn everything he can, and so is dabbling in other aspects of law (hence the legal aide bit). Back in high school he idolized Miles Edgeworth's skills at Prosecution, and always employs these tactics in mock trials.
Prosecution - Micheal Gray(Male, Age 24): Micheal Gray (a.k.a. Evilduck w/ a name change.)
-A young, but headstrong prosecutor, not too long out of law school. He is known for his cold courtroom manner which unnerves his opposition. He also tends to be rude, and believes most attorneys to be below him, and normally avoids any help. He seems to enjoy taking on the most difficult of cases, and always requests to take on difficult opposing council. Although he is still fairly new to the courtroom, he has yet to meet a proper rival.
Detective - Riccardo "Rick" Ercatore (Male): Gyakuten Phoenix
-Promoted to 'Head Investigator' within a few years of joining the force, Riccardo is an excellent at his job. Of Italian heritage, he has a habit ending his sentences with "capisce". On the side of being a detective, he buys and sells used-furniture at his family's shop. Overall, he's your resident lovable-oaf.
Defendant - Cymric (Ricky) Chartreux (Male, age 42): TexasBBQ
-Accused of murdering his best friend after the two had an argument in his appartment. A jovial fellow, but easy to aggravate.
Apartment Manager - Amanda Huggenkis (Female, age older-than-dirt): General Luigi
-Stereotypical crazy landowner lady. Otherwise called "the beast". Owns the apartment complex that Cymric lives at.
Witness 1 - John Idoh (Male, age 28): Nero
(Located next to the entrance of apartment building, across the street from where victim was hit.)
-Just your regular john-doe, who happened to witness a murder. The name seems a bit fishy, though. EDIT: His real name is Pero Gato, owner of the G.A.T.O. Corp. SPOILERS: Knew that Cymric and Paul were getting close to discovering his illegal guns trade, so framed Cymric for Paul’s death.
Witness 2 - Merry Pines (Female, age 19): Lana_Skyes_Heart
-Lives in the apartment next to Cymric's. Claims to have heard argument and gunshot. On a side note, she tends to get a mean-streak with authority figures
Witness 3 - Lotta Hart (Female, age 26): Lauren Order
-Overly southern investigative journalist, who's camera ironically went off and caught a photo of the crime scene just before the bullet fired.
Witness 4 - Jinx: Ben Credable (PI)
-??? (PM me especially for this role. It's gonna be interesting.)
EDIT: A new-age battle android designed to look like a domestic cat, and currently Cymric’s pet. Developed by G.A.T.O. Corp.. Has incredible dexterity, quite an advanced AI, and can even be programed speak. Was a witness to the crime from inside the apartment. SPOILERS: Was reclaimed by Gato, and reprogrammed to commit the murder once Paul left, and deny the whole occurrence. Used the gun and calculated correct target location for the shot. Has Gato’s finger prints all over it.

PM for character' spoilers.

Last edited by Insho on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:30 am, edited 21 times in total.
Re: Turnabout Catfight (Signups: 3 character's left)Topic%20Title

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

:D I'm already signed up, but I'll post here to keep informed on the goings-on. IF YOU ASK TO BE DETECTIVE I WILL BREAK THAT VASE! YOU KNOW THE ONE I MEAN!
Re: Turnabout Catfight (Signups: 2 character's left)Topic%20Title

Who the hell do you think I am

I will be John Idoh if thats ok
Don't Believe In The You Who Believes In Me
Don't Believe In The Me Who Believes In You
Believe In The You Who Believes In Himself

Sure thing! I'll PM you a bit of pre-case info.

Thx when i tried to make a case it did not get off the ground lol

Nero wrote:
Thx when i tried to make a case it did not get off the ground lol

You didn't get it approved, but I'm sure you know that.
Anyway, Mr. Insho I don't want to do this, but thanks for offering.
Don't mind me, just passing through.
Re: Turnabout Catfight (Signups: 1 character left! W00T!)Topic%20Title

Sorry to hear that, Bleachlover.
Either way, though, there is only one role left now, and I'm sure not too many people will be crazy enough to take it.

I will wait, though!

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

Quote:
Apartment Manager - Amanda Huggenkis (Female, age older-than-dirt): OPEN
-Accused of murdering his best friend. A jovial fellow, but easy to aggravate.

Maybe it's because in the description of "her" you keep uisng male connotations. Or I could be horribly wrong...

Last edited by Rov on Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

In Justice We Trust

Insho wrote:

Care to edit this bit, comrade? I'd be willing to take the role if the bio actually made sense. On a side note, just how knowledgeable are you about cats? Slynx's name appears to come from the lynx, and Chartreux is a domestic cat breed.

Edit: Never mind. And I'm willing to take the part. This ought to be fun.
I'll always love you, Max.

General Luigi wrote:
Insho wrote:

Care to edit this bit, comrade? I'd be willing to take the role if the bio actually made sense. On a side note, just how knowledgeable are you about cats? Slynx's name appears to come from the lynx, and Chartreux is a domestic cat breed.

OOPS! I didn't notice that mistake! Thanks for the catch!
Yeah, I based several of the character's names off of cats (the name of the case now makes sense!)
Well, the bio is fixed, and the part is yours!

I now have all the roles! Now I'll need to PM everybody... (I may need to do that tomorrow, though, as this is the last post for me for the rest of the night.)

In Justice We Trust

Please PM me what I need to know about my character and what I witnessed. I'll make sure to visit this site more often so I don't miss anything.
I'll always love you, Max.
Re: Turnabout Catfight (Signups: Complete! W00T!)Topic%20Title

Faith is for the transient people.

Coming back to check up on everything.

I might wanna note, CarChaseCityMan has been gone for a long while. He has not contacted me as of late, and so I cannot ascertain where he went. I've attempted to contact him, but he has not answered.
Proud supporter of Phoenix/Iris, past, present and future
Thank you Elriel! :D

pal!

Can I be the victim?
Son of Gordon Frohman and Tifa grandson of VioletBlu and PhoenixAshes.

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

Mii wrote:
Can I be the victim?

So, you want to be the only character who has no lines whatsoever, never appears in the actual roleplay, and cannot appear because he's dead? You want to be an inanimate object? Why don't you just audition for the role of the desk?

Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?

Here in Canada we call that a burn :butzthumbs:
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.

Hmmm... it seems this'll be a big deal sending the info to everybody...
SO! I'll make a note of it here for anybody who is a part of the trial to PM me to make sure we are in contact.
I will issue the "call-back" PM's on Friday to alert everybody we are done.

If there is anybody I cannot reach, I'll hold a quick recruiting session, or, if need be, take the role myself.

I'll talk to everybody tomorrow!

Oh, er, you misspelled the name. Xero WRIGHT, not Xero Right...

My body is ready.

WANTON DESTRUCTION, REPORTING FOR DUTY.

Woo, it's been a while.
"Freedom without socialism is privilege and injustice while socialism without freedom is slavery and brutality." - Mikhail Bakunin

^ It has been a while... oh... ya... Im only here for the cake, and to laff at people who get burned
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

Sorry, but the cake is a lie.

Mii wrote:
Can I be the victim?

I guess that is why he has Gumshoe for a profile pic lol oh and i'm here

Pressing until the end.

If the prosecution is not reachable, I'd VERY much like to take this case, so I'm just registering my interest.

((I especially want to go up against Xero))

Kick CarChaseCityMan and let Evilduck do it

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

Evilduck! Evilduck! CCCM hasn't been around for a while. He's probably dead.

I just want to die

There are no roles open. </3 Man every trial I come to all the roles are taken. D:

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

Actually, you might have a chance at one of the roles where the username is blue. Those people have yet to respond to their call, so you might be able to snatch their role.

CCCM responded to a post a few days ago, but that's ALL he responded to. Nothing else. No PMs. Nothing.

What the hell is going on over there!?

Right, just to let everybody know, I have PM'd Evilduck about the role. The deal is that if CCCM doesn't respond by the time I log on on Tuesday, it's automatically Evilduck's. By then, I'll also decide what to do with the non-respondent roles as well.

Other than a little shakiness, everything is going fine.

I just want to die

So if TexasBBQ doesn't respond soon I can have the Defendants role?

Sure. I will give him until Wednesday (like how I'm giving CCCM till tuesday) to respond..

Then will there be cake?
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:

I just want to die

No because THECAKEISALIE!

Fine then, Im going to make my own RP trial!
With Black Jack
And hookers
in fact, Screw the RP trial
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:

I just want to die

Everyone knows you can't have a true RP trial without Pyrotechnics and a laser light show!
(BTW you got that from Yu-gi-oh Abridged ;P)

By the way, No I didnt :P Yu-Gi-Oh Abriged got it from somewhere else XD
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:

Of course he did... in America.

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

*COUGHCOUCHCOUGHFUTURAMACOUGHCOUGHCOUGH*

I just want to die

I'm sutre he got it from Futerama... BTW My hair is assulting you! :pencil:

Right, well, seeing as CCCM has not contacted me and that means he is officially dead (call off the search parties), I hereby give the role of prosecutor to the newly named Evilduck, Micheal Gray!

Last edited by Insho on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryuuichi Naruhodou wrote:
I'm sutre sure he got it from Futerama Futurama...[size=7]

And yes, I did
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Page 1 of 2 [ 57 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Trials