Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 24 of 24[ 956 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Re: The Future of Law (Feel Free to Join At Any Time)Topic%20Title

You’re so small in such a big world...

~Lucias~
"Then who-?" he began to ask, but it was too late. She hung up on him. Lucias turned to Zeth. "The one in charge of the scene is police chief Donald. A couple of policemen are with him, but they all report anything to him." He then turned to Martha. "You're awfully quiet. Are you alright?"

~Martha~
Martha smiled slightly. "I'm fine."
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Waiting on Godot...

"Well, what are we waiting for then," Zeth replied, "I think we should inspect the integrity of the information on trial today. I'd like to look too if you don't mind." Glancing aside, Zeth crossed his arms, "I know that Prosecutors usually have big issues with Lawyers walking onto crime scenes let alone ME doing it. Most prosecutors don't trust me around evidence."

((There'd be rumours of Zeth forging evidence. They wouldn't be false rumors, but he always has reasons))
ImageImageImageImage

((Oh, crap. I thought I posted. I'm sorry. v.v))

~Lucias~
"Of course I don't mind you two coming along...As long as Miss Fey keeps an eye on you at all times," Lucias said. "I'm aware you have a history of forging evidence, Mr. Gant, so I'm trusting you, Miss Fey, not to allow him to fabricate any evidence. If one is truly innocent, it will be proven with real, not falsified, evidence." He turned to Martha. "That is, if that's okay with you."

~Martha~
"...I'll be sure to supervise," Martha said after a slight hesitation. Why was she so nervous? They were just reviewing the evidence and making sure none of it was forged... "I won't leave Mr. Gant's side unless absolutely necessary. But why do you need me to do it? Aren't you going to be there as well?"

~Lucias~
"Hmph, yes, I will be, but I will be looking over the evidence thoroughly, along with Mr. Gant. I won't be able to concentrate on him while I am doing that," Lucias replied. "So, shall we?" He pocketed his phone and started walking away.

Waiting on Godot...

"But..." Going to object to Lucias' accusation of him forging evidence, Zeth nearly put up a defence for himself. He couldn't honestly say that he had never forged evidence before however. There HAS been the odd time he tampered with the evidence results to exclude a witness or two from being part of the trial, but he never done it in a way that changed the case results. Except before he reformed and became a detective. He preferred to not remember those days with the mafia. He still has many favours owed to him for the work he had done, but none of them pursued legit methods of filling them so he held out asking for them till there was no other way of solving the problem. Besides, if the evidence wasn't tampered with, he could solve any crime. Given time. IF just LOOKED like he forged the evidence the way he deduced it.

"I see you've heard the rumours," Zeth sighed, crossing his arms, "So you're one of the many that don't trust my results. Fine. I'm use to people judging my integrity. It doesn't matter in the end though, as long as a verdict is reached that tells the whole truth."

So much for being friends, Zeth thought to himself as he turned to follow Lucias, I thought he may have been different, I guess I can't use my underground contacts for this case either. Heh- Ironic, cause I have a feeling I WILL need them if we are to truly back up this case. Don will be carrying more than fancy words outside of court. We may need protection.
ImageImageImageImage

~Lucias~
"Please try to understand, Gant," Lucias said. "It's not because I heard rumors about you. Why, there are rumors about me forging evidence as well. But past experience has taught me that you can't trust anyone."

~Martha~
"Past experience?" Martha echoed. "But, if that's true, then why do you trust me to supervise?"

~Lucias~
Lucias looked from Martha to Zeth, then back to Martha.
"Who was I supposed to ask? Santa Clause?" he asked. "There is no one else currently in this room."

~Martha~
"And what of these past experiences? How could you say you can't trust anyone?"

~Lucias~
Lucias glared at Martha. "Are we going to chat all day or are we going to check the evidence?" He turned back around and briskly walked out the door, not even checking to see if Zeth and Martha were following.

~Martha~
Martha turned to Zeth.
"So...What are these rumors about you?" she asked nonchalantly. "If you don't mind my asking..."

Waiting on Godot...

"I'm not sure of all the rumours," Zeth answered honestly as he walked, "There's been a few cases where I've found some evidence that people considered 'unusual', or 'surprisingly decisive'." Turning to Martha, Zeth smiled, "It's only because some detectives are lazy though that the rumours get out. They need an excuse to make themselves not look incompetent. I'm use to people keeping an eye on me, don't worry. You wont find anything."

Because how can you find anything if I've decided not to use it? She still likely wont notice anything if I do use my contacts. I'm pretty careful with my methods...

((Wher'es some_person? We need to start getting on site to assess the scene of the crime))
ImageImageImageImage

((As I see you, you tree are still at the courthouse. Change that and we can continue)).

((Okie dokes.))

~Martha~

"Hm..." Martha said, matching Zeth's stride. "Surprisingly decisive..." Could that really be because of incompetent detectives? Or is there more to this story? She glanced into Zeth's eyes. What's with that look just now? Is he...planning something?
"Well, I suppose if prosecutors can be accused of evidence forging, so can defense attorneys."

Waiting on Godot...

"We're only human," Zeth simply replied as they left the courthouse and made their way to the cars, "Humans are very quick to point fingers, don't you think? That's why the only truth is proven evidence." Pulling a key out of his pocket, Zeth motioned it to Martha with a link, "That is why the legal system has a defence, a prosecution, AND a judge. So both sides of the story can be heard, and mediated by a third party. Those detectives lose sight of that. All that matters is the truth. Not the method itself."

Pushing a button on the key, the lights of a yellow Vespa flashed from behind Zeth, making a loud "Bleep bleep!" noise. Turning to Lucias, Zeth offered a pen and paper as he fished out his helmet. "An address for the restaurant in question if you could please. I detest the waste of resources of a car, and prefer something... smaller."

((Lets GO!))
ImageImageImageImage

~Martha~

All that matters is the truth, not the method itself...Does that mean Zeth...? No, he wouldn't forge evidence. He knows he never would need to do that. Then, she saw the flashing lights of a car and heard some "bleep"ing. And Zeth pulled out...a helmet?
"I detest the waste of resources of a car, and prefer something...smaller," Zeth said.
"W-wait, there's no way the three of us can fit in this..." Martha stammered.

~Lucias~
Lucias wrote the address on the piece of paper.
"It's okay. Naturally, I have my own car." He turned to Martha. "You can ride with whoever you please..." Mumbling, he added, "assuming he has an extra helmet."

Waiting on Godot...

Zeth smirked, strapping the helmet on his head, "As it happens, I do have a spare helmet today. I wasn't expecting to be part of a court case today, so I was able to pack it. The spot does however require a certain level of body contact." Chuckling to himself, Zeth pulled out the spare helmet and readied it in his hands, "So, what do you say, Martha? I'll be following him anyway, so you could go with either of us."
ImageImageImageImage

~Lucias~
"Don't be ridiculous, Gant. Even with that spare helmet, this thing is hardly safe for someone in Miss Fey's position," Lucias said curtly. He noticed Martha glaring at him and hastily added, "But, uh...I'll let her choose."

~Martha~
Martha didn't know why she glared at Lucias when he said it would be dangerous for her to ride with Zeth. She knew it was. Why then did she get angry at that statement? She reached for the spare helmet.
"I would like to ride with you, Mr. Gant, if that's okay," she announced.

~Lucias~
Lucias sighed.
"Very well, Miss Fey. Enjoy your ride," he said. Then, he looked at Zeth and added, "Her life is in your hands." He was talking about more than just the ride with that statement.

Waiting on Godot...

"Don't be ridiculous, Gant. Even with that spare helmet, this thing is hardly safe for someone in Miss Fey's position...But, uh...I'll let her choose."

"I would like to ride with you, Mr. Gant, if that's okay,"

"Very well, Miss Fey. Enjoy your ride, her life is in your hands."

Clipping his helmet,then putting his glasses back on carefully, Zeth had adopted a grin as Prosecutor Mercad talked. He didn't trust him that much, that was was obvious. He was fine with that. He'd learn he'd have to deal with it in this case. Perhaps he was even slightly protective of the lawyer... Who knew. He conceding slightly to his reasoning for protecting her though. Zeth shrugged. In the same argument, he was in just as much danger, but he atleast knew what he was up against. OR atleast vaguely up against. Opening up his 'boot' compartment, Zeth pulled out a leather jacket, and a tuxedo liner, he offered the jacket to Martha.

"Put this on for safe keeping, Martha. It wont be much use against a real underground weapon, but we may get lucky in the event of a gun shower that it'll deflect. That and we look different than we did in court." Going close to whisper, Zeth smiled, "Don't worry too much about it though. I'm careful with my driving. They wont expect us to be driving a Vespa, and they certainly wont see our faces behind these helmets." Thinking to himself for a moment, Zeth checked around for another item of clothing to hide himself behind. Spotting a spare tee-shirt in the ranks there, Zeth sighed, pulling it out. Atleast it's not my shirt and a tie... some disguise though. I'd be toast in gun fire...

Unbuttoning his shirt then and slipping it off, Zeth slipped into his tuxedo liner, and the black tee-shirt on over it. Glancing back at Martha with a smile, Zeth flipped down the visor and gave her a thumbs up. "Good to go?"
ImageImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

*bump*

((Please don't make me have to bump this all the time ^^; If we're gonna kill this RP, lets just do it. Please don't ignore it :( ))
ImageImageImageImage

((I'm waiting for a response from Lida before I move things forward)).

((Sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorryyyy!!! I've been experiencing some...technical difficulties. Anyway, posting now.))

~Lucias~

Lucias got into his car and thought for a minute. Martha...she didn't seem to like him too much. And Zeth didn't seem to think he trusted him. Granted, he didn't trust him very much, while Zeth and him were working together, it didn't change the fact that they were rivals, but he still trusted him a lot...considering he didn't trust anyone too much. Lucias nibbled his lollipop. Martha, on the other hand, seemed to trust this Zeth character wholeheartedly. You can think later. Right now, you have to discover the truth about this case before it is erased forever. Lucias sighed and pulled his car out of the parking lot.

~Martha~

Martha put on the jacket.
"Y-yeah. I'm not worried in the slightest about your ability, Mr. Gant," she said, putting on the spare helmet and lowering her visor. "Good to go."

Waiting on Godot...

((BWAHAHAHAHAH! All these people who trust Zeth XD Unheard of!! XD Lol. It's so unusual to be in an RP where people actually trust him ^^ ))

((Sorry- I should meantion that his a bullet proof tuxedo liner. Kevlar and all that, except discrete. It's only for the torso of course :) They're made specifically for a person, so Martha wouldn't have fitted it.))

((Um- at this point, Zeth follows Lucias. We want a scene setter now? :D ))
ImageImageImageImage

((Sure. You guys are heading to the restaurant, right?))

Waiting on Godot...

some_person wrote:
((Sure. You guys are heading to the restaurant, right?))

((Yes))
ImageImageImageImage

((Sorry for the delay on this post)).

Upon arrival, the fact that the place was in business, as if the murder had never taken place. A waitress walked up to Zeth and Martha. "Welcome to Don's." She said, as she handed Zeth and Martha a menu. "Please wait right here and you two will be seated shortly."

The waitress looked familiar, but how? To Martha, she might have seen her somewhere, but as for Zeth, she only reminds him of someone... A certain someone.

Waiting on Godot...

((Oh- I thought we were going to get an outside description first ^^; Well, just incase it affects anything, Zeth is still wearing his teeshirt and tuxedo liner for protection- if he gets shot in the chest area it'll stop the bullet unless its point blank. Not sure how they work then. He'd be wearing a beanie too- a cool one that fits loosely on his head. He'd get Martha to keep wearing his jacket too- if she refuses, then as long as he modifies her outfit, then he'll be happy. He'd also ask Lucias to change his appearance too.))

Glancing around the place, Zeth huffed loudly as the waitress dashed off, slipping an arm around Martha's waist,

"I don't like this," Zeth said, glancing around the place, "The dragon's den looks like it's un touched. We're too late for any obvious trace evidence, and we're on their home turf. Keep on your guard. All their staff will be on a watch out for suspicious people. They may already be onto us." Watching the woman walk off, Zeth traced back his memory, "I have the sneaky suspicion I've seen her before. Maybe she's changed her hair colour... I'm not sure. If I could remember where..."
ImageImageImageImage

Martha felt her cheeks get hot as Zeth slipped an arm around her waist. She quickly looked around the restaurant.
"Yes, nothing seems out of place right now, aside from the vibes from the waitress. I don't think I've seen her before, but something's tugging at my memory," she said. "Well, if we don't want to look suspicious, then I say..."

~Lucias~

Lucias walked into the Palochini restaurant and saw Martha and Zeth. And Zeth had an arm around her waist? He raised an eyebrow as he watched the waitress walk away. He cleared his throat.
"I suppose...I'll be right back. I'd better change into something more...casual," he said, walking past the two and further into the restaurant to find the nearest bathroom.

Waiting on Godot...

Zeth heard a loud throat clear from behind him, taking him slightly by surprise,

"I suppose...I'll be right back. I'd better change into something more...casual," Lucias said striding off towards the bathrooms. Giving him an odd look as he stormed off Zeth then realized that he had inadvertently put his arm around Martha. Glancing towards her to see if there was any objections, she seemed to atleast not reject his advance.

I didn't realize how forward that looked, Zeth thought to himself, glancing aside slightly, It's ok though- she knows I'm not trying to hit on her, right? I'm just worried about her safety. Blinking back to reality, he spotted Lucias still walking away from him.

"Mercad," Zeth cursed, clenching his fingers slightly, "What is he doing? He may be the safest one out of the three of us, but if he gets spotted doing something wrong then he'll be done for! Urgghh!" Placing his hand over his face, Zeth mumbled to himself slightly, before glancing towards Martha.

"Stay close to me, ok Mis Fey?" Zeth asked, "I'll need someone to bounce ideas off for this one."
ImageImageImageImage

"I guess we'll have to trust that Mr. Mercad knows what he's doing..." Martha said uneasily. Why had the prosecutor sulked away like that? He was the one who could show up looking as he did in court with no problems. Was there something more to his walking away than simply changing? Yes, Martha was certain there was...But she saw Lucias disappear into the bathroom, as he said he would.
"Yeah. I'll stay close," Martha replied.

~Lucias~

Lucias slipped into the bathroom and locked the door. He really was going to change, but he also was using this time to think clearly. For some reason, he couldn't think with Martha around. As he changed out of his suit and into a t-shirt and jeans with a leather jacket, he thought about where to go from there. Nothing was odd about the restaurant, at least, not that he'd seen...Which meant that he'd either have to go further in, or try looking for evidence in the trash cans outside. Lucias sighed. He would much rather go further into the restaurant, but first, he had to talk to Martha and Zeth. They were supposed to be a team with this, after all. If there was going to be any splitting up, he'd have to clear it with them first. After all, should something happen to him, someone should know where his final destination was...He slipped out of the bathroom in his new outfit and waited a few more seconds before returning to Martha and Zeth.

A moment later, the same waitress came back with two menus, and handed one to Martha and Zeth. "Follow me." She said, as she was leading them to a table.

Once Lucias got back into the waiting area, another waitress came into the area, essentially splitting him away from Martha and Zeth, just as that one waitress lead them away from the waiting area. "Welcome to Don's. Are you eating alone today?" The waitress asked.

Waiting on Godot...

Zeth glanced around quickly o see if he saw anything suspicious, before tightening his hold on Martha slightly and following the waitress.

"Lets see what table she takes us to," Zeth told her softly.

((Lida- feel free to get him to crash our party if you're concerned abotu his safety, but if he has a plan, he's just as safe on his own at the moment as long as he's in eye sight :) I assume they all swapped cell phone numbers and can text ))
ImageImageImageImage

Hm...They're trying to separate us. I can't be certain they won't try to kill Mr. Gant and Miss Fey without me around...But this separation might be advantageous. It'll give me a chance to investigate without those two looking over my shoulder. But if either of them died just because I wanted my "alone time", would I ever be able to forgive myself? But if I blew my cover, we would all be in danger!
"I...Yes, I am," Lucias lied, feeling like no matter what he said would be a huge mistake. He glanced at Martha and Zeth's backs as they were being led away.

~Martha~

"Y-yeah..." Martha stuttered uncomfortably. She could tell Zeth was just as uncomfortable as she was, judging by how his hold on her had tightened. She also followed the waitress, but glanced around to make sure nothing was going on behind the scenes.

Waiting on Godot...

((Mercad wants his 'alone time', does he? ^^ Lol. OK, so team prosecutor wants to be a hero- that's cool :) As long as he gets info Can't have then hunting the same stuff- that's inefficient. Zeth and Martha are likely to get the table they were murdered at, or Mercad. If that's the case, investigate fast and report. ))
ImageImageImageImage

Martha's and Zeth's waitress pulled two seats a bit away from the table, then motioned that they sit down. Once that did so, she asked "Do you need time to read the menu?"
-------------------
"Please wait right here." Lucias' waitress requested, as she went to go fetch a menu.

Waiting on Godot...

((Are they anywhere near the murder scene? Anything suspicious yet?))

"That'd be great. Miss...?" Looking for a name tag in curiosity, Zeth still couldn't quite figure out where he had seen her before
ImageImageImageImage

She said nothing, though her nametag said "Cecilia", and she walked off.

Near the threshold of the restaurant, separating the dining area from the lobby, a man in black slipped his way into what appeared to be an office.

"Didn't you think the defense could have motioned to disqualify the prosecution's case when the defendant declared that he had no idea what he was arrested for?" An attorney at the next table asked.

"Yeah, I wonder what she's thinking. Then again, this is her second case - at least her second time on air." Another attorney replied. "Though after her apparent illness, I doubt she will attempt to examine the legality of the prosecution's case."

"Good point." The first attorney replied.

"The new defense attorney did make quite a breakthrough in her absence, but do you think that he'll actually examine the prosecution's case, from a more legal standpoint?" Yet a third attorney asked.

"Nah, it seems to me that the current defense is going to focus more on the evidence and witness testimony. I guess it's more entertaining that way, though." The first attorney commented. "Glad that Ms. Fey is all better now, but I think Mr. Gant will end up finishing the defense's case with a not-guilty verdict."

"Agreed." The second attorney replied.

None of them noticed the man in black.
Re: The Future of Law (Original Players Might Want to Watch ThisTopic%20Title

~Martha~

Martha looked at the name tag. "Cecilia"...Why did that name seem so familiar? She gave a start as she remembered the name. But it couldn't be...could it? Cecilia...The "nurse" who was actually the daughter of a crime boss. She glanced at Cecilia's retreating figure, as if trying to confirm something.

~Lucias~

"Please wait here? Yeah, right. Like I really would sit around on my butt while there is evidence to uncover, Lucias thought. He tried to think of a way to discreetly go explore the restaurant before the waiter returned. He sat up straighter, his eyes darting about the restaurant, as he tried to see if he could find Zeth and Martha from his seat.

Cecilia just continued on her way.
---------------------------------------
Lucias only noticed the man in black slip into an office-like room.

"Here's your menu, sir. Do you want to look at the menu now, or do you want me to have you seated first?" The waitress asked Lucias.

Waiting on Godot...

((My apologies- I am slow with RP at the moment as I have been very busy lately, and very tired because of it. In the last few years, I've been recovering from chronic stress related issues, and a week that is too busy raises my stress levels, and makes me stay up later until I burn out, which is what has happened. I'll be ok in a day or so's time when I've caught up on sleep, but till then, I'm sorry that I am quiet :( ))
ImageImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

"Hmph..." Zeth murmered as she walked off. Name didn't ring any bells. Perhaps he was imagining things. Spotting a man in black slip off into a room nearby however, Zeth raised a brow for a moment.

Wrapping his fingers behind his head as he over heard to two in the next stall talking, Zeth closed his eyes, and used this moment to stop and think. It was true. There were holes the size of Texas in Mercad's arguments. He assumed it was because the case was flaky however and the evidence was tampered with.

What if it were Mercad that was tampered with too? It'd make alot of sense. What was to say he was on their side... really? He didn't have really anything to go on with Mercad's honesty except that he had not previous history of dark dealings. That didn't mean he was completely clean- just that he hasn't been caught yet.

"How long have you known Mercad, Martha?" Zeth asked, not noticing her expression as he looked around for the prosecutor, "I've just been thinking, we don't really know the guy..."
ImageImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

This RP is pretty dead, but so you two know, I'm pulling out of all my forum based RPs so I can regain some spare time again that I've lost. I've enjoyed the rp, but it's time for me to move on :) Sorry.
ImageImageImageImage
Page 24 of 24 [ 956 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay