Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 2 of 2[ 51 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: RP revitalisationTopic%20Title

Lack of sleep sucks...

Location: Between the Stairway to Heaven and the Highway to Hell.

Quote:
I've actually been contemplating ideas for a Persona RP, but I'm having trouble plot-wise. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Okay, when I started off, people just did a simple coffee shop RP or a haunted house RP. Try one of those. Or would you rather I did? I can use the nostalgia. :will:

Gettin' Old!

Dofa wrote:
Quote:
I've actually been contemplating ideas for a Persona RP, but I'm having trouble plot-wise. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Okay, when I started off, people just did a simple coffee shop RP or a haunted house RP. Try one of those. Or would you rather I did? I can use the nostalgia. :will:

XD Coffee shop RP sounds dull I prefer one with story than open world ones.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Lack of sleep sucks...

Quote:
XD Coffee shop RP sounds dull I prefer one with story than open world ones.

That's the beauty of it. It can lead to the starts of MORE RPs. Sort of a hub if you will. A character can say "I just read about this haunted house down the street!" And more characters go "Really? that sounds great! Lets go!" And BAM! A new RP.

Prolific Writer

Dofa wrote:
Quote:

Hmm. In the context of Persona, that could work, at least in terms of setting. I'll have to think about it a bit.

Just so you know, I am a bit of a veteran, at least in terms of forum-based RPs. Just putting that out there.

Pierre wrote:
One of my friends made a pen and paper Persona RP, XD it wasn't entirely balanced.

Dare I ask what happened so that I can avoid making a similar mistake?
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout

Lack of sleep sucks...

Quote:
Just so you know, I am a bit of a veteran, at least in terms of forum-based RPs. Just putting that out there.

Well, Just so you know, I'm kinda like those old guys who complains to all the kids about :yani-fist: "BACK IN MY DAY!" sort of BS.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
Dare I ask what happened so that I can avoid making a similar mistake?

Well it's pen and paper so it was a stats issue. He made a stat for endurance and magic and strength like in the game. Except I think in the game Endurance affects magic resistance as well, in the Pen and paper RPG it was made to represent only physical resistance so essentially the MAG stat doubled as resistance and power. One of the testers cracked this and made a supremely powerful character by just pumping points into MAG.

Granted it was only homebrew.
Spoiler: Potential Persona 4 spoilers
I'd toyed with the idea of a Persona plot (assuming no Fool arcana's are allowed) which operates on the alternate universe assumption that the Investigation Team failed and Fog and Shadows covered the world then the roleplay would pick up whereever where a bunch of people had awakened to their persona with the help of some of the P3 crew (who shouldn't appear much just to help awaken since you can't really face yourself without persona) and it would be the crew of people fighting through a series of bosses and enemies to get to essentially the final boss of P4 and remove the fog from the world.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Prolific Writer

Dofa wrote:
Quote:

Well, Just so you know, I'm kinda like those old guys who complains to all the kids about :yani-fist: "BACK IN MY DAY!" sort of BS.

Ah, I see. Interesting. :think-pw:
Pierre wrote:
Spoiler: Potential Persona 4 spoilers
I'd toyed with the idea of a Persona plot (assuming no Fool arcana's are allowed) which operates on the alternate universe assumption that the Investigation Team failed and Fog and Shadows covered the world then the roleplay would pick up whereever where a bunch of people had awakened to their persona with the help of some of the P3 crew (who shouldn't appear much just to help awaken since you can't really face yourself without persona) and it would be the crew of people fighting through a series of bosses and enemies to get to essentially the final boss of P4 and remove the fog from the world.

Spoiler: Persona 4 Arena Spoilers
Well, if Persona 4 Arena is any indication, the AU plot might not be necessary. Just have someone else (or a bunch of people) fall into the TV world and screw things up. Also, nothing is really wrong with the Fool Arcana. It's the Wild Card that might make the RP unbalanced.

My Fanfiction

Gettin' Old!

Dammit I ain't gonna read P4A spoilers.
Plan on buying that when it's released in Europe.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Prolific Writer

Fair enough.

Without getting too far into detail, all I'll say is that the AU scenario you described might not be necessary. There's a simple tactic that I use in my fanfiction that can be applied to RPs: Find something in the story that is not explained because it doesn't really need to be, and use that as your basis. That's kinda what Persona 4 Arena does, although I won't say how for your sake.

Also, there's nothing wrong with the Fool Arcana. It's the Wild Card that might cause unbalance in the RP.
My Fanfiction

Gettin' Old!

Little_Thief wrote:
Fair enough.

Without getting too far into detail, all I'll say is that the AU scenario you described might not be necessary. There's a simple tactic that I use in my fanfiction that can be applied to RPs: Find something in the story that is not explained because it doesn't really need to be, and use that as your basis. That's kinda what Persona 4 Arena does, although I won't say how for your sake.

Also, there's nothing wrong with the Fool Arcana. It's the Wild Card that might cause unbalance in the RP.

Fool is the Wild Card
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Prolific Writer

Pierre wrote:
Fool is the Wild Card

Maybe, but there's nothing wrong with using a Persona who is characterized by the Fool Arcana (Black Frost, Loki, etc). It's just that you can't switch Personas. At least, that's my thinking.

Anyway, I think I might have an idea. Let me get things set up.
My Fanfiction
Page 2 of 2 [ 51 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay