Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 4 of 8[ 301 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Re: Arkham Paranormal Detective AgencyTopic%20Title

"Too Awesome to Die"

"Yeah, welding and stuff," Jean muttered, "You know, I honestly don't know much about that sort of thing. Maybe when we get back to civilization we could spend some time together and you could teach me?" He opened the door and motioned for the lady to go first.

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria curstied and went through the door. "Why thank you. And, yeah! I would love to teach you some stuff!" she replied. She honestly didn't think of it as a date, but a learning experience!

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

Aeria walked over.

"Huh? Bullets? Why are they here?"
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

Yo Dawg!

"I'm trying to figure that out myself" Tyray said, "With such modern articles laying here I honestly wonder if it's a ghost or someone just screwing around with us...."

He looked around the saloon; he was more bewildered than he was frightened.

"Honestly the chili and beer imply someone is camping here, but the ammunition doesn't make sense...that rifle laying there is too old to even risk firing live ammunition..."

The Real Human Being

"I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth" Torque said as he pocketed the bullet and grabbed the box.

Last edited by DoMaya on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You’re so small in such a big world...

"Hmmm...That is strange," Argyle said calmly as he approached the group. "I don't suppose there would be anyone in town who knows about these, or why they are here...? These seem too modern to have been left by a ghost." He crossed his arms. "I say, let's search this saloon and see if there are more things like these laying around, then we should ask the townsfolk if anyone knows why they're in this place, or can at least shed more light on them."
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

"Isn't this place supposed to be empty?" Aeria asked.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

The Real Human Being

"I think if these people are keeping ammunition around they might not be willing to answer our questions."

And with that Torque walked back to the van to get his gun's parts.

"Too Awesome to Die"

"Sweetness," Jean said as he walked her out of the building and back towards the van, "But let's focus on the here and now. We need to get the van fixed." When they finally reached the van he gave Victoriaa pat on the back.

"Well then Tori, work your magic," He turned over to the saloon, "Hey guys? You still in there? What have you found?"
Child of Lida_Rose and Aliucon. Married to yuzikichan0! Father of Ha³ and Apollo72.

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria put on her goggles and gave Jean a thumbs up. After putting on all the equipment, she slid under the van and began welding the crack. It wasn't a big crack, but the location made it hard to reach. It took about an hour to fully complete the job.

"Bullets," Aeria replied.

Yo Dawg!

"I don't know what to make of it," Ty told Jean. "It looks like someone was camping here because we found some cans of chili and bottles of beer. And I still don't know how to explain the bullets..." Ty said, baffled.

It's yuzikichan!

When Victoria was finished, she put all her gear away and went over to Jean. "All done with the welding." She said, putting her goggles on her head like a hair band. "I think we can get away with putting the old oil back in for now. We just need to get some new oil when we get to civilization." She took the towel and began to wipe off all the dirt and grime from her face. "What's the use-by date on the chili? Maybe it will give us an idea on how long they've been there."
Wife of Inquisitor Amakiir and Mommy of Apollo72 and Ha³
ImageImageImage

Argyle tapped his chin.
"These things are very modern," he said. "My theory is that someone came here, probably a thrill-seeker who thought his gun would protect him from any harm. Then, they saw or heard something that scared them, and ran away. But, if they ran away, why would these things all be in a box and not strewn about this place?" He tapped his chin some more. "Ah, yes, the use-by date might give us an idea of when this mysterious camper was here."

Yo Dawg!

Ty looked at the can and read the use-by date aloud. "Best if used by 2013-10-23. It hasn't expired yet. It could have been owned by a previous investigator, as Argyle just said...I don't know what use a ghost would have for chili and beer..."

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria thought. "Well, We know that whoever was here was here pretty recently." She looked around. "But if they were scared, they could have just bolted out of here. That could explain why the stuff is sitting right here and not everywhere. But if that's true... Then, there could be skid marks from the person getting the heck outta dodge."
ImageImageImage

"Too Awesome to Die"

"So we've got bullets and beer in the saloon, and we've got an incident in the schoolhouse," Jean said, "This is turning our to be more of a mystery than expected." He pulled out his keys and went to the driver's seat.

"Look, I'm going to drive back into town, get some oil for the car," Jean said, "I'll be back as soon as possible." With that he turned the key, and the engine did nothing. No flooding, no grinding, nothing.

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria ran over to the van. "Dude! Let me put the oil back in!" She opened the hood and poured the bottle of oil into the proper place and put the cap back on. "Besides, I bet you have no idea what kind of oil this thing needs." She hopped into the passenger seat. "Alright. Start it up again."
ImageImageImage

"Too Awesome to Die"

"Sorry, sorry," he muttered as he waited patiently as Victoria finished with the engine. When the girl hopped the passenger's seat he turned the key again. Nothing happened again.

"Tori, I don't mean to be rude, but did you steal the spark plugs or something by accident?"

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria gave Jean a fake laugh. "I didn't even touch them!!" She retorted, "Besides, I messed with the oil. Spark plugs deal with fuel." After hopping out of the car again, she looked at the engine again. "Everything looks good here. I should be working."
ImageImageImage

Yo Dawg!

"Oh Lord, we're stranded...." Ty said, panic returning to him "and there's no cellphone service.." he said, checking his phone.

"Maan we're gonna be stuck and no one will know where we are....I only put 3 days worth of food in my cat's feeder, and he's gonna be all 'Maan where my human at? My noms are all gone, and I need to cuddle, and I'm all hungry...' and we're stuck here and we only got those cans of chili, but when that's gone we'll starve to death and then we'll be like 'Maan were all hungry' and we're gonna starve to death and meet the ghosts......And I'm probably gonna die first cause the black guy always dies, except in Predator 2, Danny Glover survives, but this isn't an alien movie it's a ghost movie....."

He thought for a second, "This isn't even a movie....I'M SAVED!" Then he realized how pathetic he probably looked. "Ahem...soo the van doesn't work.." he said, regaining his composure. "More time to investigate?" he asked.

"Hmmm...Curiouser and curiouser," Argyle said, tapping his chin. "We'll probably have to push the van to town, or push it until it starts, at the very least. It would take a lot of man power to move this thing, but if we all try together, we should be able to do it." He turned to Ty. "And we're not going to starve to death. Just because the van won't start doesn't necessarily mean we can't go anywhere."

"Too Awesome to Die"

"We'll be okay on supplies," Jean said, "I've brought two of those huge packs of water from Sam's Club, so we've got fluids. As for food, I'm hoping we bought more than gas and my pack of beef jerky back at that mini-mart."

"As for the van," he stepped out of the vehicle and patted the hood, "I am not pushing an Astrovan that has a certain amount of equipment in it all the way into town in the middle of the desert in the middle of summer. Not that I doubt our strength, but that's a bit much."

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria kicked the bumper of the van. "I-It should be working!" she said, clearly distressed over the situation. "I checked everything! I only found a problem with the.. Ugh!!"

Yo Dawg!

"It would appear Victoria has remembered a problem with the van!" Ty said as he walked to the van. "I don't know much about repairing cars. Changing a tire and oil and driving a stick-shift is as technical as I can get with a car," he added.

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria grabbed Ty and started to shake him. "But I fixed the van! I welded the leak shut! I fixed it!" she let him go and sat behind the van. "I-I fixed it..."

Yo Dawg!

Ty went up to the van and kicked it.

"Well that's all I've got," he said, sitting down. "Perhaps the battery is dead. Was anything left running while you worked on it?" he asked Victoria, "Lights, stereo, air conditioner, any component left running while the engine is off uses battery."

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria shook her head. "I turned everything off because I was afraid of something exploding while I was welding...." She was totally distressed. She had no idea what as going on.

"Too Awesome to Die"

"It appears that supernatural force doesn't want us to leave," Jean muttered.

He sighed as he turned back to the group, "Alright, here's my plan, unless you guys have anything you want to change. Let's keep up the search for now. You did the saloon and Victoria and I did the schoolhouse. That leaves the jail, the church, the farmhouse, and the graveyard. We search until nightfall and then two or three of us make our way back to the highway."

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria slowly came back to the group. "W-What should I do...?" she asked softly. She was very upset over the van not working.

Yo Dawg!

Ty sighed.

"The best thing we can do at this point is continue our investigation. We might as well. If it is a spirit holding us back....." he stopped mid-sentence, and looked toward the camera, "....wait, I left the main camera running, and the van was in it's line of sight! Perhaps it caught something tampering with the van!"

He ran over and checked the camera. It was still recording, and everything had been saved to the card.

Last edited by Neon Lemmy Koopa on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria perked up. "I knew it wasn't me!" she exclaimed as she followed Tyray. "So whatcha got? Whatcha got?"

"Too Awesome to Die"

"What? We might have film? Get it set up for viewing and we'll see what we got," Jean said excitedly. He shook his hands to get the nerves out. He was quite giddy until he saw the sad look on the mechanic's face. He placed a hand on her shoulder and looked her in the eye.

"Tori, you did a good job. It's the ghost's fault, not yours. Okay?" He wrapped his arms around her in a comforting hug. "You're brilliant, but we can only do so much." He then let go of her and looked at the camera, "Let's see what we've got."

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria blushed when she received the hug and compliments from Jean. "Th-Thanks..." She uttered, before trying to brush off the feeling.

Yo Dawg!

Tyray took the card out of the camera and inserted it into his laptop. He pulled it up in a video player. "Now I can't do any intense video editing or filtering at this point because I lack a stable source of power," he began, "but we can watch it, zoom, and look closely for any disturbances in the picture. It takes a 1080p picture, we'll notice something out of the ordinary."

He pressed play, unsure of what to expect.

"Too Awesome to Die"

"Hey, just speaking the truth," Jean said with a wink to Victoria before checking the footage.

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX

The footage showed Victoria and Jean at the van, discussing repairs and the like. If you looked closely, you could see the flicker of movement Jeah saw at the schoolhouse. He and Victoria walked over to the schoolhouse to investigate. After they went inside there is a brief burst of static, and another figure walks on scene. He is male, but the details are hard to tell as the color shifts and footage tears. He stands at the hood of the car and just looks inside. He then runs off and the static fades as Jean and Victoria are seen leaving.

Yo Dawg!

"....the static wasn't a coincidence, was it..." Ty said, "...from what I saw he didn't look like one of our group...and the static was loud so if there was something we couldn't hear it right off..."

He replayed the part with the figure. "....Holy mother lover, we may have gotten something.."

"Wow! A real ghost! This is exciting!" Aeria grinned. "Heheheh, I cannot believe this! Score! We've actually got paranormal activity here!" She was excited now!

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria looked confused. "That's strange..." She said, "It looks like all it did was look at the engine. Unless the ghost scared the van, it should be working."

"Too Awesome to Die"

Jean looked at the footage, "Either that's out ghost messing with the equipment somehow, or that's the guy who's leaving all this modern stuff around. Though that still doesn't explain where he came from or where he went off to, or why the static came in right when he arrived." He looked at the footage again.

"Okay, definately remember this footage for later. Let's continue scouting but search for this guy."
Child of Lida_Rose and Aliucon. Married to yuzikichan0! Father of Ha³ and Apollo72.
Page 4 of 8 [ 301 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay