Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 20 of 25[ 964 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next

Re: Not Just a Computer Game Roleplay (Anyone can join!)Topic%20Title

You’re so small in such a big world...

Austin smiled and reached out for Zoey's hand.
"Hey, at least we're all okay now," he said. Which is odd. Shouldn't we be under attack? He sat up to see nobody was really moving. Austin coughed again. "I...guess they're letting us go for now..."
"I'm just glad you're alright," he thought toward Zoey.
Why should you be? It was her fault you came here in the first place.
No, it wasn't. It was my decision to come here.
And what about Cairus? She loves him.
Yet she was so desperate to escape him, she actually killed herself.
But she...
So they had an intimate moment during the fight. Big whoop.
They probably used to have a relationship, her and Cairus.
The key words being "used to." And we didn't really expect that a vampire as beautiful as her to never be in a relationship before ours, did we?
That's what I thought.
Austin smiled again, realizing it fell as he thought. "So, who's hungry?"
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Zoey had been staring at the large pile of earth, thinking about what had caused her to leave him in the first place. As the vivid memory washed over her, her eyes suddenly sprung with tears, and she blinked them away hurriedly before standing. All of this emotional trauma had made her hungry, but the more pressing need was her thirst.

She had officially 'given up' human blood since Austin had stopped her, but she was beginning to feel the effects already. Zoey was weaker - she could tell from things such as the speed at which she had run to the scene, which was significantly slower than what she was used to. "...yeah."

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Almost having to tear his gaze away from the window, Jay explained, "I'm sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring you, but... I'm exhausted. It's hard to make a difference in anything when you're a low level and any supernatural thing you try to do takes so much MP away." He then stood up from the chair and wiped away the sweat from his brow.
"Diamond bindings, huh? What is this guy trying to prove?" Jeremy asked, both to himself and aloud. "I wonder what his real-life self must be like..."
"I could say the same about anybody in this room," Jay admitted casually. "Man, Zoey, that was a clever idea utilizing a feature in this world like that in the way you did, though isn't it weird that lives can become so disposable when you know you will just come back one level the lesser?"
"Good question, but can we talk about it on the way to a real restaurant? I'm sure we're all powerful hungry after the fiasco that went on here. I know we are," Jeremy suggested, trying not to destroy the mood with his comment while also responding to Austin's question.
"I sure am, but I'm just glad everyone's okay, or at least semi-okay," Jay replied. It had been a long day, and then a light through the window caught the brothers' eyes: it was the late afternoon sun, beginning to peek through the clouds! The rain was slowing down, but still falling.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

"...Naturally."

"Hm, I'm starving. Been in this game for 4 days and haven't had a single decent thing to eat." Mika remarked.

He turned to the cookers in the resturant. Blimey, the designers sure knew how to design realistic rust. he thought to himself.

He paused. So, a loss of life, has you respawn one level less. Interesting. I'd hate to think what would happen if you died as soon as entering the game.

He turned. "They didn't animate a Pizza Hut around here did they?" he joked. Then he grinned. A rather large grin.
Engaged to Reiji!
Credit to Nadindi for the awesome sig! :D

Zoey could smell Cairus on Austin, and it was unsettling her greatly. The scents of her past and present lovers, one older one younger, both on a single person. It was concentrated around his side, which looked crumpled, so he'd clearly been struck there. The smell was having a strange effect on her - she knew that the person there was Austin, but the hint of Cairus unsettled her, and she drew back slightly automatically. "We should go," she said, straightening with another glance at the pile of earth.

Austin's face fell as Zoey drew back. What did he do?
"Yeah. We should." He forced himself to sit up. "Ow...It stings a little." That vampire kicks pretty damn hard. "I'm...Sorry." Austin coughed a little more. The poison has stopped draining my health, but I can't stop coughing very long...

Zoey hesitated before crouching back down. "Do you want me to carry you?" she said cautiously, with a glance at his side. "If it's too painful..." Cairus must have kicked him multiple times, if he was this bad and unable to sit up without pain.

Austin smiled and shook his head.
"Nah. I'll be fine." He coughed and slowly stood. "Okay, so where would you like to go now."

Zoey nodded doubtfully at Austin's refusal of help. Hearing his next question, she blurted out without thinking, "Away." Stopping herself to think about her words, she forced a weak smile. "I think we have spent enough time here in Tepple." Her mind brightened at the prospect of travelling to another town - journeys were always a convenient way to find time to think, and they would be away from large masses of people.

"Austin, we'd love to help you out with another healing spell, but our reserves are tapped," Jay admitted sadly after Zoey said she wanted to get away from Tepple.
"Hm, an excursion? Sounds like fun, but--and I know this could be really risky considering what happened here--can we please at least get some take-out before we skip town?" Jeremy asked, feeling his stomach growling.
"Oh, if only we'd taken points in Conjure Meal..." Jay said with a laugh. "Anyway, do you think it would be a good idea to loot the ambushers around here or not? I think it's only fair considering the trouble they put us in." Then he added as an afterthought, "Actually, I think it would be smart to gather some supplies for the journey anyway, but I'm sure you guys already had that in mind." Jay looked out the window, seeing the clouds dissipating even more. 'Ah, such a beautiful sunset... wait, sunset!? Oh crap...' He hadn't forgotten what happens after sunset and a bit of uneasiness showed on his face as the mellow orange glow of the setting sun illuminated the room.
100% pure Joy.

"...Naturally."

"Ah... money, money, money." uttered Mika, in a rhythmic fashion. "What sort of food do they have in this..." he stopped seeing a face of uneasiness on Jay.

"You Ok?" he asked.
Engaged to Reiji!

Austin turned his head outside.
"Oh, I see...Um...Bye," he said before running outside, feeling the pain from the kicks and coughing louder and harder than he ever did. Maybe it was better that he was poisoned. His wolf would be weakened this way. As he left the building, he felt himself begin to transform. No. Wait just a little longer. His transformation stopped and Austin fell to the ground.
"I've got to get away," he said to no one in particular. He couldn't kill Zoey, and he'd do whatever it took to keep her safe. Slowly, even slower than before, he got up and ran toward Tepple's nearest exit, hoping he could stay human long enough to put his plan into place.

Zoey looked to the brothers, an emotion clear on her face for once - panic. She had feared this happening because of the sheer indecision as well as the danger. She hated to see Austin completely helpless to the wolf, but if he got near to her, she wouldn't stand a chance. She was only in her level twenties, whereas he was in his fifties. "What do we do?!" she asked. They couldn't go outside, because he may have already transformed and headed back, but the monsters here were starting to come around.

"...Naturally."

"Right, everyone, get to the hole in the wall!" ((*Shudder*)) shouted Mika. "I think I can get rid of all the monsters and distract Were-Austin in one shot! Go quickly, I'll catch you up."

He lept over the counter and into the kitchen. Let's hope this works. he thought. He turned the gas cookers on.

Slowly the room began to fill with gas, as the monsters were waking up. Mika lept back into the main area, and sealed off the hole in the wall and the front door with shield spells. He was alone with the creatures. Ok. Oooook. Once I can, I should take flight.

Finally, he started to choke on the gas. I guess it's time. Here I go. I hope my HP's ready for this... He concentrated his mind on a fire spell, just as a creature lept at him. He clicked his fingers, emitting a spark. One spark. One that was enough to ignite the gas... and it did.
Engaged to Reiji!

Austin grit his teeth as he felt himself try to transform again.
"No...Not yet," he said between pants as he exited town. "Trees...Come on..." He bit his lip as he fell to the ground, sweating, trying not to transform, but knowing it wouldn't work before too long. "T-trees..." He forced himself up and went to the nearest tree, pulling out the chains he bought at the market. Hastily, he tied himself to it with the chains and shoved the rotten onion in his nose. Then, he couldn't fight the wolf any longer as he transformed.

After Zoey asked what they should do, Jay began, "Zoey, we're not here to give you advice, as you probably know more about this place than we do, but--" He had been interrupted when he felt a presence behind him. He quickly swung back and cleanly hit a human who was still trying to attack, sending it to the ground in a heap. Just then, Mika told everyone to hurry out.
"We have to move, now!" Jeremy commanded. The brothers grabbed Zoey's hands and made a beeline for the makeshift back entrance Mika and they had made. Just as they escaped, they saw a glowing barrier form over the hole. They let go of Zoey and ran ahead a bit so she didn't have to smell them. 'What's Mika planning?' Jeremy thought. They saw Mika jump over the counter and run into the kitchen The brothers knew they had to move though, so they kept going down the back alley hoping Zoey was following them. The rain was merely a drizzle now as the sun's last rays came over the horizon. The moon was clearly visible now, and it was bright. Most importantly though, it was full.
As the group came to the edge of the alley, Jay tried to start his answer to Zoey's previous question again. He began, "Now, what we need to do is--" Just then, he was interrupted again as the group came out into the street and smelled something burning. "I don't like where this is going," Jay muttered as they ran to where they could see the restaurant, only to observe that it was now nicely in flames. The fire was gaining power fast and of course the rain was now much too light to extinguish it.
"Oh, Mika..." Jay remarked worriedly.
"Man, if he wanted a spark, all he had to do was ask Jay," Jeremy commented, realizing what Mika had been planning.
'Why did he do that?" Jay asked, knowing nobody there would know the answer.
100% pure Joy.

"...Naturally."

A few seconds after that spark the whole resturant had exploded in a maelstrom of fire and glass. The creatures were all dying, their HP going down. Mika, feeling the experience inside him rise, quickly lept, despite the fact his suit was flaming, and flew out the roof! However, he soon ran out of MP and began gliding. Then falling, flailing his arms. He closed his eyes. Then hit the ground, landing on his ribs, at the feet of the brothers.

"AAACCKK...!!" screamed Mika. His injuries had reduced his HP down to 2 points, and it showed. His suit smoking, burnt and torn, his face covered in cuts and bruises, and his hair, which was once scarlet, was now slightly charred a nice dark brown.

"All... creatures.. killed... nothing to worry... from them... enjoy the experience..." He managed to utter... then went into unconciousness.
Engaged to Reiji!

As soon as Austin transformed, his eyes watered, the rotten onion sticking to his nose. He reached up to remove it, but he was chained.
So, this is how you planned to stop me?
Zoey is the best thing that ever happened to us.
Shut up. Cairus was right. No werewolf could ever love a vampire.
I'm not giving up without a fight.
Images of Zoey flashed through Austin's head and he screamed, yanking against his chains. They didn't break, but he pulled so hard, the tree was uprooted. Austin caught the tree easily, then bit clean through the chains.
"Zoey, it is too dangerous for us to have relations. My stupid alter ego loves you too much to break up. Therefore, the only solution...Is killing you," he said with a snarl as he tossed the tree, threw the onion, and ran after Zoey's scent.

Only glancing at Mika's dramatic entrance, Zoey felt a rush of energy before a message flashed before her eyes.

You have reached level 27!

Wow. She had gained three levels from that mass monster killing. She remained alert, eyes darting everywhere for signs of attack. Either from Austin or Cairus. She itched to just run, run as far away from this blasted town as she could, but her mind warred with her to stay where Austin could find them again. But if he could find them...they were all in danger. Yanking Mika to his feet none too gently, Zoey jerked her head to the nearby exit. "We have to leave."

Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten. Eleven. The brothers saw the level-up screen keep flashing before their eyes. Time seemed to have stopped as they kept counting.
"Five levels," they muttered as the screens faded and Jay and Jeremy were back in reality... well, virtuality. Something felt different, though, as if the brothers had been... invigorated. They checked their levels and sure enough, their MP and HP had somehow been refilled.
"Ha, funny. I didn't think the game could be this generous," Jay remarked with a small chuckle. Just then, they saw Mika get pulled up by Zoey who quickly and firmly stated the obvious; they had to run, run far away. Before they wanted to run, though, the brothers wanted to get some healing done. They ran over to Mika and placed their hands flat against him. Almost instantly, Mika was bathed in a radiant blue glow as all of his wounds and burns were healed completely. Then, thinking quickly, the brothers pulled out their hoverboards. They didn't want to stick around to decide whether or not to use them to quickly evade Austin, at least not there where they were sure to be found in no time, so Jay and Jeremy began running, hoverboards strapped to their backs, hoping Zoey and Mika could keep up. They instantly noticed a difference in their running speed and were quite elated, that is until they noticed they were already about a hundred feet from Zoey and Mika. They quickly turned around and ran back, grabbing Mika and Zoey's hands, almost dragging them along. They ran about three-quarters of their newly-found top speed to make sure they didn't just pull the others along the ground.
As they ran, Jeremy asked behind him, "Should we go ahead and use these hoverboards, or can you still run faster than these can go, Zoey?"
100% pure Joy.

Zoey shook her hand out of his grasp irritably. "I can keep up," she snapped, clearly in a foul mood. She didn't like not being able to control the situation, and found it all emotionally draining.

"...Naturally."

4! 5! 6! 7! 8! 9! 10!

Now a level 10, Mika opened his eyes. now having been re-energized by the brothers, let go of the hand he was grasping. "I'm... fine." He started running faster. And faster! Then with an aura of golden light glowing around him, he took flight, only slowly draining his MP, and speeding faster than Zoey and the Hoverboards. Then he faced them. "Yeah, I spent loads on the speed and dexterity attributes." he smiled, scratching the back of his head. He then turned again.

"Right then! Allons-y!" he shouted, then began flying, at a very high speed.

((I love that word. Allons-y. It sounds cool. :edgy: ))
Engaged to Reiji!

"Well alright, suit yourselves," Jay said, not wanting to push the matter further. The brothers unstrapped the hoverboards, got on them, and kicked them up to the highest thrust, sending them flying forward at quite a nice speed. When they got next to Mika, they moved the thrust down a little to match his speed. The scenery was still flying by quite quickly.
"Allons-y, indeed!" Jay and Jeremy shouted at the same time excitedly. They were happy, though a little worried. They hoped zoey would be able to keep up with the three of them, but they'd seen her speed before and knew it shouldn't be a problem.
100% pure Joy.

Despite herself, Zoey felt a thrill of exhiliration as they whooshed past the gates of Tepple and into the beginnings of the woods. She idly thought that the brothers and Mika should be careful - they needed to still have the reaction times to slow to dodge trees. Suddenly, she caught a hint of Austin's scent. Alarmed, she sped up, sprinting past the others.

The brothers saw Zoey quickly speed past them, seemingly-alarmed.
"Austin must be near," Jay said to himself. He said "Allons-y!" to himself inwardly as he quickly jumped forward, moving into a lying-down position and landed face down back on the hoverboard, now riding it like a luge. Jeremy did the same shortly after, and the brothers used their hand to flip the thrust to maximum again. "Better speed up, Mika!" Jeremy said as the brothers began to overtake Mika. Surprisingly enough, the boards were fast enough to keep up with Zoey, and just barely faster because of the brothers' now more aerodynamic positions. As they closed in on Zoey, they turned the speed down just slightly. They wanted to stay behind Zoey a bit so Austin would have to go through them to get to her. Zoey was right, you definitely needed tight reaction times to maneuver through the trees, as the brothers had to lean right and left and in some cases do a barrel roll ((lolstarfox64)) to avoid a few oncoming obstacles. The brothers had their staves securely held against the board facing backward just in case they were required to throw back a slow spell or some other non-lethal attack. They sort of wished they'd learned Charm Enemy, but that didn't matter right now. The feeling of almost-flying was very, very exhilirating and the brothers hoped they'd be able to fly like this sans-hoverboards soon. After that, they'd just use the hoverboards to conserve MP when traveling long distances. Jay's concentration was almost broken as he flew under the arch of a natural rock formation.
"Ten points!" Jay shouted, obviously having an adrenaline rush as he continued flying forward through the dense forest with Jeremy just behind him.

((I don't want to "steal" Mika's catchphrase, so now I need to think of my own for the brothers.))
100% pure Joy.

"Zoey," Austin thought. The wolf could control him and run after her, but it couldn't outwit him. "Listen to me. There is someone you know who could defeat me..." Austin was charging after Zoey's scent at full-speed. It would be a matter of seconds before he caught up to her. He grimaced at himself, remembering what just happened. Wasn't he poisoned just seconds ago? Why wasn't it slowing him down? "Get that vampire guy to stop me, or at least slow me down." He hated the idea, but it was better than allowing himself to slaughter her. He now saw Zoey, only a few feet away, with the twins on hover boards and Mika...Flying? Well, whatever. They're still no match for me.

"...Naturally."

"HAH! This is great!" Shouted Mika, as he sped up, flying even faster than before, completely over-taking the brothers, his hair blowing like a short cape and his clothes rippling like in a hurricane. The trail of golden energy he was leaving intensified as he sped up, lighting the forest as the sped along.

He twisted, turned and barrel-rolled through the woods. Then he noticed something. Something moving. Something very quickly moving through the trees.

"I think we've got a small problem here!" Mika told the party, in a slightly worried tone. He then turned around, the emitting light energy allowing him to see straight ahead. He certainly did and didn't expect to see who he saw.

"Ah, quickly!! We need to go faster!! As fast as you can go, come on! I think it's Austin, in his wolf form!I don't think he's friendly. COME ON!!" shouted Mika, at the top of his voice. He had seen Austin's fighting ability before, and didn't want to get involved in a fight with him. Nor did he want anyone else getting hurt either.
Engaged to Reiji!

As the brothers saw Austin close in behind them, they clicked the thruster to the last notch. The boards went a bit faster, but not quite fast enough. There was only one thing Jay could think to do. Making a simple movement, he shouted "Paralyze!" and thrust his staff backward towards Austin. Jeremy did the same, only he shouted "Freeze!" The two spells collided and merged into one as the double-spell headed toward Austin. Not missing a beat, the brothers cast Quicken on the boards, which then emitted a golden jet trail similar to what Mika might have been emitting only it was coming from the board's thrusters and it created a neat effect. The brothers could barely keep control of the boards now as they overtook Zoey and cast Quicken on her as well. It took all of their reflexes to keep from colliding with something. They would have to put more points in Agility the next chance they got. For now, though, they would have to survive this.

((The brothers don't know Austin's backstory, but from what I've read, he would not like to be paralyzed...))
100% pure Joy.

Austin wanted to leap out of the way of the spell and dodge it as the wolf, but the human part of him forced him to hesitate just long enough for the spell to hit. He froze, but all they could hope for was to hold him for a couple seconds thanks to his superior level. And the quickening charms could also last so long. But Austin decided to force them to stop short. What should he force them to feel?

He howled the slowest, most tiring song he could think of, but the undertones were tortured as his human side tried to force him to stop.

Zoey felt herself weaken, panicking as she slowed, consequently tripping over a large tree root and sprawling to the floor without any of her usual grace. The tiring howl made her struggle with the task of getting back up, so by the time she'd got back to her feet, Austin was only a few feet behind her, the others very far ahead. She started sprinting again desperately, looking back at the creature Ausin had become who was gaining on her.

The brothers saw what happened to Zoey as well as heard Austin began to howl, and began to circle back the way they came. They'd gained a certain sense for music while leveling up, and they could tell Austin was being forced to sing "against his will". Consequently, the slow, tiring melody had a bit less of an effect on them. As they got close to him, they jumped back up so they were standing on their hoverboards, intending to circle around him.
"Zoey, run, cover your ears!" the brothers said as they passed her, not trying to be too commanding. When they reached Austin and began maneuvering around him, they held their staves like guitars and began strumming softly to the tune Austin was howling, but twisting the slow, lulling melody around into one of sadness, desparation, and a bit of "fruitless longing" for good measure using the chords they played. Jeremy started to switch to a counter-melody that harmonized with Austin's, but wavered just enough to change its meaning to something like "What am I doing?" and "Who am I?", questions they themselves sometimes asked. They kept their guard up just in case Austin would try to attack them (and they figured he probably might, the wolf in him certain to adversely react to the music). It was very difficult to avoid the obstacles at this speed, trying to keep up with Austin as well as circle around him and concentrate on their music. Even the brothers themselves began to wonder what it was all for.

((I'll have to start composing pieces to go with the brothers' music descriptions if I can think of some good ones. What do you all think? Also I hope I'm not being too "Mary Sue-ish" with my characters.))
100% pure Joy.

Zoey hesitated, running slower whilst she covered her ears. Reaching a decision, she yelled to the brothers. "Go! It is just me that he wants!" Giving them no other choice, she reached over and flicked boh of their hoverboards to maximum, praying that they would still be able to manouver through the trees.

"...Naturally."

Mika narrowly dodged the brothers, who zoomed past him and light-speed, and closed in on Austin. This is gonna cost me... he thought to himself. But still he proceeded. Paying 20 MPs to get him up to hyper-speed, he slammed straight into Austin, shouting "Zoey! Get out of here! I'll stall him! Just run!". He grabbed hold of Austin's fur as they were in the air.

In the few seconds that followed, Mika looked at Austin. Into his eyes. Into the wolf that taken over the human. A few seconds later, they slammed into a tree, breaking it, and knocking them both to the ground. Mika almost instantly got up, despite a severe pain flowing through him...
Engaged to Reiji!

Frustrated, Zoey ran over to Mika and picked him up, throwing him to one of the brothers in the hope that he'd be caught. "I am the higher level!" She turned to the wolf, stomach sinking in dread. "...Do not do this," she said quietly.

((Okay, so either nobody reads my out-of-character comments, or you just don't want to bother answering them. That's fine.))

"If it's you he wants, then he can have you, but not in his current condition!" Jeremy shouted as he felt his hoverboard speed up. The brothers quickly jumped off their hoverboards as they began to speed off out of control and snapped their fingers, calling them away. The boards phased out of existence and back into the brothers' inventories. Then, they saw a streak fly past and slam into Austin. They saw that it was Mika after he'd run into a tree along with Austin, but couldn't do anything about it before it had already happened.
"No! Mika, we didn't want to hurt him! ...Didn't we?" Jay said with a bit of outrage but mostly panic in his voice, very weakly adding the question afterward. Then they saw Zoey pick Mika up and throw him toward the brothers. They caught him and cast a light healing spell on him, standing him up on the ground and holding him steady until he seemed balanced, then let go of him. Jay stated, being as calm as he could, "Listen: wolf or human, that's still Austin in there. You hurt the wolf, you damage the human part as well, but..." He couldn't go on, because he didn't know what to add. For some reason, the sad music the brothers were playing was still resounding in the air around the group as if they'd never stopped playing it. Jay raised up his hand slightly and made a pushing motion, causing the music to fade away into the sound of the wind. The brothers took a seat on the nearby fallen tree trunk Mika's impact had created, facing away from Zoey and Austin.
"She wants only him, he wants only her, it's obvious we shouldn't interfere," Jeremy remarked softly, closing his eyes. The adrenaline rush was subsiding.
"Yes, Zoey has certainly made that clear, but were we really 'helping'? I can't even tell anymore," Jay replied. He glanced up at the starry sky, which did start to look a bit synthetic, and wondered about... something, he wasn't sure what. The sky was clear and the moon was bright, but the scene felt very dark.
"Sometimes the best thing you can do for someone is stay out of their way," Jeremy added.
"It is interesting how we didn't have to be a part of this world at all, but we joined anyway," Jay mused. The brothers thought about how they knew what would happen if they booted up the game, how they didn't have to come but wanted to for some reason unknown to them, and about all the other people who didn't know what the brothers knew when they chose to install this... thing in which they were now ensnared.
100% pure Joy.

((I did read the OOC post - your characters are by no means Mary sue's.))

"...Naturally."

((Nah, your characters are far better than that! :edgy: So sorry for not actually replying sooner.))

"Hmm... I hope she knows what she's doing. If I know anything about werewolves, it's that they're uncontrollable. All I was trying to do was get him a distance away and stall him. By no means would I want to hurt him. I'd never like, fire a bolt at him, unless in self-defense."

Mika turned. "So should we do? Wait?"
Engaged to Reiji!

((Ahaha...Sorry, guys. Everyone posts while I'm asleep. O_O Anyway, I agree with Naddy about your characters, and if you can compose songs that fit the brothers' description, then by all means do so. I'd love to hear your results. :D))

Austin heard the brothers harmonizing with him, trying to make him wonder what he was doing and who he was. He was about to get them to stop by leaping toward them, but then they sped away as Zoey made their hover boards go as fast as possible. He stared at Zoey, a mix of hatred and admiration in his eyes. But that song would not stop! It was then Mika rammed into him at full speed, staring into his eyes for a second. Austin's eyes were glaring, but the corners of his mouth were lifted in a very slight, almost imperceptible smile. If it would stop him, for even a little bit, it would be enough time for the others to get away.

The tree broke under them, and he saw Mika was hurt, despite his attempt to hide it. Austin stood almost as immediately as he did, and then Zoey threw him at Jay and Jeremy. "Zoey. Stay away. You promised me you'd run!" Austin's human side thundered. The wolf was no longer howling, but also no longer frozen as he walked over to her at a leisurely pace. He was going to kill her nice and slow. "I'm not...In control. I can't s-stop myself, only stall. Please..." It was then the wolf lunged at Zoey.

Zoey only had time to raise her hands in shock, eyes wide, as Austin lunged. Just as he was a hair's breadth from her, a black blur slammed into Austin from the side, sending all three of them tumbling to the forest floor. Zoey stood abruptly, much too aware of how Cairus' scent filled her senses at their closeness. She backed away one step before standing her ground stubbornly, fists clenched at her sides.

Cairus brushed himself off before standing beside Zoey, a feral snarl on his usually refined features. "Fool," he hissed at the wolf, pushing Zoey back with one hand. "Stay back, my love."

Austin smiled as he went tumbling. Of course he should have expected trouble. And there it was. Cairus.
"Fool," Cairus hissed. Austin was glaring with his eyes, but his mouth was beaming. Maybe this guy could stop him.
You idiot. He's not interested in stopping us. He wants to kill us.
Then let that be so. I want him to do whatever it takes to save her, even if it means deleting me entirely.
Stupid human. You have no survival skills whatsoever!

The wolf growled fiercely at Cairus, lunging toward him.
"Zoey, do as Cairus says. Stay back. Better yet, run."
Page 20 of 25 [ 964 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay