Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 24 of 25[ 964 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Re: Not Just a Computer Game Roleplay (Anyone can join!)Topic%20Title

You’re so small in such a big world...

Austin reached over and grabbed Zoey's hand.
"Hey, it's alright, Zoey," he said. "Just someone dropping dishes. No big deal. You know, if you start fearing the small things, I..." He stopped short, staring at the table, as if transfixed. He trembled slightly and pointed at it. "S-s-s-spider!" The spider was just a small, common spider, but Austin seemed absolutely terrified of it as he inched closer to Zoey.
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Zoey couldn't help it - she burst out laughing. This had to be the first time she'd so much as cracked a full blown smile in front of the humans, but the pure hypocrisy of Austin's words struck her as hilarious. Holding out a finger to let the spider crawl onto it, she lifted it to look at it. It was tiny, hardly even the side of a grain of rice. Squeezing Austin's hand, she showed it to him. "Austin, this isn't scary," she laughed, unaware that her 'perfect' speech had slipped up.
^ Click for my graphics ^

Austin blushed as Zoey burst out laughing. It was great to hear her laugh, even though it was at him...He chuckled along uneasily, but then Zoey grabbed the spider and showed it to him, saying it wasn't scary.
"Y-y-yes, it is...Just keep it away...please," Austin muttered weakly, his eyes bulging out of their sockets. He was trembling, yet not moving, just staring at the spider. "All spiders are...scary..."

Taking pity on Austin, Zoey brought the spider away from his face, laughter dying down as she reached down to put it on the floor. "Don't step on it." She only realised the irony after she'd said it. Here she was, a vampiric killer, telling other people not to kill a spider. Smiling vaguely at herself, she squeezed Austin's hand reassuringly. "Sorry. I didn't know you didn't like them."

"Please, I wouldn't step on it. I don't want to be anywhere near it," Austin said, staring at the floor where the spider was scurrying about. "Well, now you do...It isn't your fault, really." He teared his eyes away from the arachnid and looked at Zoey. "You see, when I was little, I always wanted a pet. Something that would keep me company while the family was away. So, my brother got me a spider. It looked so cool...Only it was a Black Widow. When I opened the box he was in to get a closer look, well...He bit me." Austin laughed. "And now I just...can't get that image out of my head whenever I see a spider. The image of it flying right towards my face..." He smiled timidly. "So, I would appreciate it if you don't hold any spiders near me again."

"...Naturally."

Mika laid back in his chair. He heard Austin talking about spiders with Zoey, and an attack with a Black Widow. "Survived an attack from one of the most lethal spiders on the planet, huh? That's a good enough reason to have arachnophobia if I ever heard one." he smiled.

He looked around. Food even takes long to cook in a video game... nice. The developers have obviously never played Cooking Mama.

Deciding to start up a convosation to pick up the mood, he thought of something to say. "So, where are you from Austin?"
Engaged to Reiji!
Credit to Nadindi for the awesome sig! :D

"Well, I was rushed straight to the emergency room," Austin said with a shrug. "Just one more thing on the list of things that nearly killed me." He chuckled. "Oh, I'm from the hospital." He laughed at his own joke. "But, in all seriousness, I'm Nebraskan. Born and raised. Yay for Cornhuskers! How about you, Mika?"

"...Naturally."

"I'm from Canada, specifically Toronto. Well, we moved there 7 years ago. I'm originally from England, hence the accent." chuckled Mika. "Guess that makes me an Anglo-Canadian! Mind you, I'm allergic to maple syrup, so I'd make a rubbish 100%-Canadian!" he laughed. He turned his head slightly to face Zoey. Mika felt the mood was beginning to lighten a little. "Ah, Zoey. Whereabouts on Earth do you come from?"
Engaged to Reiji!

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Jay had put the PDA away and was now amusedly listening to the conversation. The mood was definitely lighter and the room seemed to be brighter because of it.
"Ha, if we had a mason jar, we could have taken it as a familiar!" he joked when Zoey put the spider on the floor. "But in all seriousness, arachnids are probably more afraid of us than we are of them," Jay explained, "Trauma like that is sure to cause a phobia though, so I can understand your fears, Austin." It was obvious to see that the brothers were not exactly fond of spiders either. They did not necessarily hate them, but they were not the brothers' favorite animal. After the good laugh, the conversation continued. Jay then thought, 'Man, if this game had a morale meter, it would have gone up at least twenty points just then.' The brothers hoped danger would forget to rear its ugly head for a while and let the group relax... and enjoy some sweet character development.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Where was she from? Zoey paused, actually having to search her brain for the information. She had gruelled herself not to think about real life, but the group seemed relaxed about it enough, right? "I am a New Yorker," she said hesitantly. "But I was born in France. I moved to America when I was...twelve." Feeling uncomfortable talking about herself, she fell silent, still holding Austin's hand.

Austin could sense Zoey was uncomfortable talking about herself, so he decided to shift the conversation away from her. When Zoey mentioned she was born in France, he couldn't help it. He burst into song.
"There's a place in France where the ladies wear no pants!" he sang, loud and clear. Then he laughed his wolfish laugh.
"So, where are you two from, Jay and Jeremy?"

"Ah, youth," Jay thought aloud when Austin made his little outburst, "I admit I kind of miss having such... innocence."
When Austin finally asked the brothers where they were from, they could see the question coming, but knew they would have trouble answering. How could they explain not being able to remember most of their past? Jeremy tried to search his brain for the answer, but came up with nothing.
"Well, the truth is..." Jeremy began. He was quickly interrupted by Jay.
"It really depends on what you mean by 'from'," Jay explained, trying to think on the spot. "If you mean where we were born, then we're from Ohio." At least he could remember that much.
"Yes, Ohio. But if you mean where we grew up," Jeremy added, getting an idea, "Our family was... always moving from place to place. We were one of those... traveling families, always being uprooted and transplanted somewhere else."
"We could easily go on," Jay stated, which was sort of a half-truth, "But I doubt all of you would want to hear our entire backstory." The brothers didn't like bragging about themselves. However, if the group wanted to know more about anything after that, they could ask. The brothers figured everyone there was trustworthy, so they would not mind explaining it. They kept it as short as they could because all Austin had really asked was where they were from.
"Anyone have any interesting facts about their life they want to share?" Jeremy asked, continuing the conversation.

((The potential for some backstory development is great here for any of the characters, if anyone wants to.))
100% pure Joy.

"Traveling family? Why did you travel so much? Was one of your parents in the military or something?" Austin asked. Then, the brothers asked if there were any interesting facts anyone would like to share about their lives. "Interesting facts? Depends. Interesting is relative. Interesting to me might be incredibly boring to you," Austin answered. "...But there's really not much to tell about my life." He shrugged. "Average family, boring life." He never said he, himself, was average, so he wasn't lying per se.

'Oh boy, he wants me to elaborate,' Jay thought when Austin asked why they relocated so much.
"Uh, well no, my parents weren't in the military," he explained, "My dad worked at one of those 'logistics' jobs... He was always getting transferred wherever they needed him to go... Thank heavens his work paid for housing and the transportation to move us, or else we do not know what would have happened." Jay thought this would be a good enough explanation. Austin then commented that his life was boring.
"'Average family', huh?" Jeremy responded, "I bet they would be happy to hear you say that..." He then thought about the rest of his family... what he could remember, anyway. "...At least you can go back to one."
"Now Jeremy, let us try to keep the mood light here," Jay said, trying to keep the atmosphere bright, "We must remember that we are all stuck here for now... Maybe 'real life' wasn't the best subject to pick for discussion, haha. Regardless, if you won't go first, I will." Jay cleared his throat and prepared to give a fact that nobody would have guessed about him. He just had to think of one. After thinking for a few seconds, he decided on one that might get the ball rolling. "In real life, I have... a challenge, per se," Jay began, "I actually have a quite major sight impairment which cannot be corrected with glasses or contacts. I have had it since birth, so I have never known 'normal' sight... I think my eyesight has improved because of the game, but I cannot be sure. Anyway, how is that?" He could continue or someone else could spill some of their beans. Jay would leave it up for another to decide.

((Ah, characters developing like pictures... You see more and more as time goes on.))
100% pure Joy.

"'Average family', huh? I bet they would be happy to hear you say that..." Austin winced.
"W-well, I didn't mean like that," he said hastily. "Just...from a statistical stand-point...Three kids including me, divorced parents with joint custody. I mean, from that point of view, they're average..." He lowered his head, utterly ashamed at having been so careless with his words. What if any of them could hear this conversation? What if they were trapped in the game, too? "...But they're the best family I have ever known..."
"...At least you can go back to one." Austin looked up at Jeremy.
"Provided we find a way out of this game, of course," he said, then looked back down again. Hadn't he and Jeremiah found the way out? Isn't that the whole reason he met these guys in the first place? Then Jay admitted to having a sight impairment since he was born. Austin looked at him, considering.
"Maybe it has," he said optimistically. "...You know, when I said my life was boring, it was pretty true. I've been a paraplegic my whole life and my family never took me out in public, so I'd go to school and come home, playing video games all day. Nothing too exciting there."

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

((I has been struck speechless upon the plot and character development this story got. And by the way, I...am deeply ashamed that I left for so much time. After being away forcefully for some reasons, I was a bit too embarrased to show up again, but... I wanted to continue. If that's allowed. If so, then this is a long post.))

"...This sure is a mess." was all Ronan could think of saying at a time like that. Several NPC firemen fought a huge fire that engulfed a late restaurant in Tepple. The fire resisted in subsiding as the night progressed, and the scene attracted other NPCs and players alike. As for Ronan, he was watching the whole thing intently, in the first row of the crowd that kept getting bigger and bigger to watch. The flames must have lasted quite long, though: by the end of it, there was close to no one else around. Huh, I almost forgot. It's just not like reality. People have better things to do with their time than to stare at some fire. Ronan thought, looking down. Not me, though... not anymore. I'm pretty much hopeless now that I lost-

He stopped suddenly, when a team of people ran past him and entered the building, now free of any intense fire. Curiosity took the better of him, and he moved to check out what they were going to do, now that the firemen started leaving. He sneaked behind them, leaning against the outer wall and moving his head just enough to see the scene through the opening left by the destroyed door. Not very sneaky, but Ronan wasn't Solid Snake, so he didn't care.

The group was searching every inch of the construction for something, and also bagging the leftovers of burned things left there in plastic bags. ...Now that Ronan thought about it, they might be detectives? Huh, awesome. On new thing learned from that world.

He eavesdropped enough on their talking to uncover some details. A large number of creatures was there when the fire raised, several of which were not human, and a chaotic fight ensued some time before it happened. Some poison needles were found, and trails of blood were mentioned. There seemed to have been a lot of magic in the air (wait, did they have a tool to measure that?) and some other unimportant things.

Ronan couldn't shake the feeling it might have something to do with Austin and the rest of the group.

Ever since I met them, my luck had gone downhill... maybe they aren't very lucky either. Of course, that wouldn't cut it for where to begin looking for them. The group had been bad news to them, but he couldn't shake the fact that he wanted to find them again. They were, after all, the first group he had been in, and they looked nice enough, in personality... but a part of him, deep down, blamed Austin for what had happened to him. He shook the thought away and looked around the outside for clues. Or at least to do something while he thought about what his next move should be.

"Oh, right. Witnesses. There must have been some witnesses! If only a stray NPC..." He eagerly looked around for someone that was stationary, as most players had long left the scene. He went on through the street asking about what had happened there, and describing his teammates to see if someone had seen them. NPCs are more reliable, I think... they remember everything, and don't lie... I mean, I assume they don't. Seriously, who would program something to lie?
Sadly, the only thing that arised from that long search was that a vendor saw about four people speeding up away like they were fleeing, aiming for one of Tepple's gates. Two of them in hoverboards, and one of them flying.

That was almost surreal (maybe not so much for that world), but if it was true... the only people in hoverboards that he knew were Jay and Jeremy. Well, it's a start. Besides, it can't hurt to travel a bit. I could get some levels back... He thought, trying to smile and moving through the aforementioned exit. Taking a look at the scroll he received from Erik, he checked the nearest city after leaving through that exit. "Angmere. Never visited that one." Ronan commented, absentmindly. Then, with decision, he marched out of Tepple.

Many thanks to PandaPrinzessin for this signature!

((Welcome back, Aluicon~ ^^))

Zoey tried to mask her expression. Upon hearing Austin's admission of being paraplegic, her eyes had widened slightly in surprise before she managed to compose herself. "You're...paraplegic?" She realised that she now understood his happy go lucky, energetic attitude. This was a world where Austin had full control of his legs - so much so by being a werewolf.

((Welcome back, Ali. Of course it is never too late to rejoin.))

"Indeed, I am. I could swear I told you before," Austin replied with a laugh. "Poor little Zoey. Forgetting things after enough traumatic events such as her boyfriend trying to kill her." He nudged her lightly.

((I actually dug through the thread to see if he did, in fact, tell her before. I'm such a nerd. :P))

((Like the others have said, welcome back Ali! I hope you catch up to us soon.))

"Paraplegic, huh?" Jay repeated. "This game must have been quite a liberating experience for you then," he commented.
"I can't imagine being stuck in a wheelchair, just like I can't describe what Jay really goes through with what he sees," Jeremy said, holding his chin in thought.
"Imagine it like... a computer monitor with ridiculously low resolution," Jay attempted to explain. "I tell you, if they have any sight augmenting spells in this game, those are the ones I will be going for," Jay remarked, laughing.
"I can see why you would not want to leave this place," Jeremy said to Austin, "But I am confident some day you will be able to stand up from your wheelchair and do whatever you want in real... life," Jeremy hesitated at that last word. Jay and Jeremy had always questioned the term "real life" but they figured nobody would want to hear why. The brothers also knew how things like this usually go. The group might never get out and, even if they did, what would happen then? Sure they would remember the other characters, but would they meet them? Could they meet them? These were all questions that would have to wait until they escaped the game though. 'I wonder where our meals are,' Jay thought as he remembered that it had been a few minutes since the waitress had taken their orders.
100% pure Joy.

"Well, now, whoever said I didn't want to leave this place?" Austin asked with a smile. "This place...If anything, it motivates me even more. I've been doing physical therapy...Without much success." His smile fell. "But now that I know what the rewards are if I manage to walk again..." He smiled. "I'll just try ten times harder once I get back. If we ever get out of here." His smile fell again. "Although...there are some things I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up to get back." He looked at Zoey, then Mika, then at Jay and Jeremy, then smiled again. "But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. If we come to it."

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

((Thanks for the welcome backs, I'll try to keep up. I spend some good 4 or 5 hours just reading through the stuff I lost, so I'm well aware of what happened. Though my character will have to take a while to get to Angmere or else I'd be breaking a law or two of time and space. Oh, and this post is not really important for you to read, it's just level grinding... in a sense. I'm still aiming to write good fight scenes, so I'm training.))

Off he was, following the general direction his map showed, while nibbling at the cherries he had got from Erik a while back. Most of what he traversed on his way was plains, with occasional woods appearing here and there from afar. The walk had been quiet for some time: the outskirts of Tepple weren't really mortal dangerous unless there was some kind of event going on. This event thing made me think about one thing: I expected all online games to have Gamemasters, but I never saw one here. All of the others I heard about had them, though... As Ronan reminisced some aspects of his previous life, he found himself being surrounded by some grotesque creatures he didn't take long to identify as goblins.

"I must have breached the limit of the outskirts zone..." Ronan muttered, then chewing down the rest of his current cheery and dropping the rest of his takeout in the plain grass, drawing his sword. He got ready, back crouching a bit, feet planted firmly into the ground, and having a firm grip with his two hands on the sword's hilt, turning his head every so often to check which of the goblins would make their first move. They were laughing loudly as they thought they had an advantage. But they made a lot of unnecessary noise, it would certainly give out who attacked first.

The battle cry came from behind Ronan, which immediately side-stepped to the right and turned around, slashing the enemy. The others advanced as one, to which Ronan responded with a 360º spin and a jumping slash to the closest enemy, now fallen. Using the momentum, he gashed the next foe, but took too long to withdraw his sword, as he felt the edge of some knifes hitting him from the side. He spun his sword once again and back-stepped out of that losing position, and now all of the goblins were visible (about 6). Not minding his own wound, Ronan advanced towards them. They braced themselves, but Ronan never swung his weapon: he let himself circle the goblins, grabbing the closest one to the side he was by the arm, whirling him quickly and then kicking him back to the mob, causing a similar effect of a bowling ball hitting the tenpins... or in this case, fivepins. From that position, Ronan swiftly moved from one to the other, delivering a deathblow to each one (a swift stab on the chest). How much damage those caused? Well, Ronan didn't pay much attention to the numbers that flew in the air. He was more interested in the performance... and the experience. Which is why, when he checked his experience, he was clearly dissapointed.

This is too low. I don't understand. Defeating this mob should have granted me a level, at least, given the fact I'm low level now. But it didn't fill that much. Worse, my job is still written as static... "%&#$@%^". I really need to get to the bottom of this... Ronan thought as he crouched to get the container with his fruits, afterwards getting back to walking.

Embarassingly, Zoey felt her face heat up at the absurdly
sentimental statement of Austin's, averting her eyes but contradicting the gesture by tightening her grip on his hand. There was definitely truth in his words - even though this game world was perfect and wonderful in some ways, it would definitely be nice to be able to do normal, real life things again. When their food arrived, she was immensely grateful for the distraction from the potential awkwardness.

A different woman to their original waitress staggered out of the kitchen, her arms laden with their dishes as she somehow managed to make her way to their table without spilling anything. She looked about the same age as Zoey, although the low bunches in her red hair gave a slight illusion of a younger age. Placing each meal in front of the appropriate person, the woman paused, biting her lip for a brief moment before grinning to herself. "This is what you all ordered, right?"

Zoey felt an instant, somewhat unexplained distaste for this woman. "Yes, I think so," she said coolly. "But the previous waitress said that she would get us all a drink of water...?" The woman snapped her fingers in realisation, her eyes and grin widening as she did so. "Riiiight. I'll get that for you." And with that, the woman was off again. Zoey found herself exhaling as if the brief talk with that bundle of energy had drained her. Really, there seemed to be too much variation in NPCs these days. That one was definitely a bit much to deal with - Zoey honestly preferred the normal, bland ones.

"...Naturally."

((Even though I've not met you yet, and I came in far later than you, welcome back, Aliucon! XD))

"There's always at least one forgetful one." Mika said as she left them. He hoped she didn't hear, but conceding that she probably did, let out a small smile.

He looked down at his margarita pizza. It was relatively medium-sized, decorated in tomato pieces at various places. "Hmm. Looks lush." he said aloud. He cut a large slice off, and bit into it. As he did, his eyes began to widen in slight shock. "Mmm... *munch*...mmm... *chew*...mmm *cough*...at least four days old." he coughed. He swallowed it down. "A bit of an aquirred taste. I hope she"
Engaged to Reiji!

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

((Thanks, ShadowEdgeworth. It's nice to meet you, by the way. Hope we get to roleplay soon. :knock-knock:
Hum, I don't like posting again without a set objective, but I want to keep this (and myself) moving. ^^#
By the way... if someone is interested in entering this RP and is reading this, you could PM me and I would try my best to brief you into what happened up to now... I mean, it really is kinda hard to read through 24 pages of a lot of action, angst, romance and mortal danger, right? And I didn't want people being scared off this place if they REALLY want to play.))

Having depleted his supply of food, Ronan simply walked in a fast pace to his destination while humming a song. This went on for some time, and since the scenery didn't change, he eventually lowered his eyes to the map he had in his hand to check from time to time, and spotted one far away city on the rightmost corner of the map, visible due to the faint light of the stars above. That was... the city he had come from, and where his quest for omnimastery began. He felt like he would be seeing it again in the future, but the very thought scared him now, more than it did about two or three days ago. He knew who would be waiting... and it didn't really got him willing to be there anytime soon. While his thoughts drifted to other directions, his feet also threatened to go off their original route...

Suddenly, Ronan stopped. He felt the air was different, but looking around rendered him no answer. Thinking it might have been just him, he continued moving, but soon he heard a terrifying howl and all his senses were in alert now. He had forgotten that the moon was full. If, by any chance, there was any werewolves around, he could be in a tight spot: begginers found it kinda difficult to control this new bloodlust alter-ego of theirs. But come to think of it, how did the programmers did anything like creating an alter-ego for the people? Oh, that didn't matter right now. Ronan felt himself speed up the pace immediately, still following the original route.

"I've been walking for quite some time now..." He muttered to himself. "I should be getting close. But the city is still not visible. There is still some more walking to trail."

((Wow, taking the initiative to explain to the prospectors there, aliucon? I like that. For anyone who reads this as well, perhaps you could ask any of us five who are still active. Now I'm not going to volunteer everyone, so unless Nadindi, Lida_Rose, or Shadow specifically state that they WILL accept PMs asking them about the story, please do not ask them. I will do what I can though, so feel free to send a PM to either Ali or me. Now, onto my intended post!))

'Hm, I hope our meals are a bit less... stale,' Jay thought as he watched Mika take a bite of his pizza and comment that it had to be at least four days old. The brothers looked down at their plates. "Huh, pretty realistic-looking these meals are," Jay commented, "Either a very detailed model or the programmers figured out some crazy method to get real food into a virtual place."
"Makes me wonder more and more just how virtual this place is," Jeremy said, picking up his knife and fork, "Anyway, time to dig in." Jay grabbed his knife and fork as well and the brothers looked for a good point of attack. The brothers smiled as the knife cut off a piece of the tender chicken. Each brother picked up the piece with his fork and wrapped it up in some pasta. Each brought the piece to his mouth and started chewing. The brothers were happy when they found that the bites they had prepared tasted pretty much like the real thing. They swallowed their food and felt a slight bit of rejuvenation.
"Ha, HP restoring too," Jay said. He kept the question of how the game creators were able to put the ability to restore HP into normal food in the back of his mind, but he knew asking the question would not solve anything yet. The brothers continued to eat, taking in the pleasure of their first actul in-game dinner.
100% pure Joy.

((I, too, am perfectly happy to accept any prospective RPers. ^^;))

Picking up her fork delicately, Zoey twisted some strands of her food around it slowly, instinctively sniffing at the food as she'd been taught. Not smelling any poisons, she bit off a small part of the spaghetti wrapped around her fork, running her tongue over it experimentally before deeming it safe. Yes, it might have been an OCD, possibly unnecessary practice, but the sheer amount of time taken to learn the skill had seemingly left its imprint. Placing the food into her mouth, she chewed, taking small delight at the flavour that bloomed in her mouth. It never ceased to amaze her, the technology, but honestly, she preferred to just keep that knowledge in the back of her mind and behave as if it were real.

Zoey had prepared another forkful of her food and was ready to eat it when the redheaded waitress burst out of the kitchen yet again. It was almost a miracle how...uncoordinated this waitress could be while somehow managing to carry all of their water. ...Without a tray, Zoey observed dryly, chewing at her food thoughtfully.

"Right! Water!" The waitress exclaimed, apparently very pleased with herself for managing the simple task. She placed them all in front of them as she had with the food before stepping back as if to admire her handiwork. "...If you need anything, give me a shout." Apparently, she found her own statement incredibly funny, and burst out laughing before practically skipping back to the kitchen.

((I also don't have a problem summarizing the roleplay thus far. ^_^))

Austin could feel Zoey squeezing his hand and caught a little hint of a blush before she averted her eyes. He was about to ask her about it, but that was when the waitress returned with their food...and no beverages. He watched Mika chew on his food then comment about it being at least four days old. He looked at his pepperoni garlic pizza skeptically, then wolfed down a slice...Totally the opposite of what Jay, Jeremy, and Zoey were doing. It didn't taste like it was old. In fact, it seemed fresh and pepperoni-garlic-y. He offered Mika a slice.
"If you want, I think this is fresh," he said with a smile. Then, the waitress came back with their water, and Austin started gulping his down. Finally, he stopped drinking and eating for a moment.
"Well, now...I guess I was a little more hungry than I had originally anticipated," he said with a laugh. "Just a little."

"...Naturally."

"Ah, thanks. Much obliged." replied Mika, gratefully taking the slice. He bit into it. "HMM! Now *munch* this is *chew* proper pizza!"

He polished it off, and felt his health rejuvenate up to a near-full level. "Much better. I must have words with the manager of this place. Or the designer. Margarita Pizzas here are... ugh." he grimaced.
Engaged to Reiji!

"Austin, I see you have the appetite of a wolf, ha!" Jay remarked amusingly after the waitress had brought the waters.
"Believe us, we haven't had a bite to eat ever since we entered this world, but we two are just naturally slow eaters," Jeremy explained. The brothers focused on their food again, taking a sip of water. Jeremy glanced aside at Mika who was chowing down on one of Austin's pizza slices.
"Mika, if this is like any good restaurant, they should take it back and get you a new one if you aren't satisfied," Jeremy said. 'At least that was true of most of the restaurants in our hometown,' he thought afterward. They returned to their food and began working away at it, taking a sip of water now and then. They could already feel their HP and MP bars slowly filling. 'MP restoration too, huh?' Jay observed, smiling as he continued to eat.
100% pure Joy.

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

More time passed, and Ronan finally noticed the town was now visible, though he still had a ways to go in order to get there. He moved at a regular pace now, somewhat tired of keeping up the speed he had. However, since those howls, he heard nothing else, to there should be no problem with slowing down...

But soon enough, he was proven wrong. A dark figure, invisible in the shadows of night, hid between some of the many trees that were along the way to Angmere, and all Ronan did hear before it striked was a faint sniff. It was too late to react, however. Soon he felt his feet leaving the ground and a great force shoving him against the nearest tree. "Augh!" He wasn't sure how much damage that caused, but it hurted a whole lot. When he fell to the ground, he tried standing up and looking at his assaliant. His fears were confirmed: a werewolf. But as he also confirmed, it didn't look as strong... must have been a low level one, maybe even level 1. The creature glared at him, the wolf eyes reflecting the moonlight creepily back at him.

Ronan drew his sword, adopting a different position from his last fight. Now he held the sword with only his left hand kept close to himself, at the same time pointing to the enemy and waving it lightly to the sides, unsure of how the beast would attack. I can do it... he might be way stronger in this form, but if it's a newbie, I will have experience enough to defeat hi- Wait a second! Ronan had just remembered something, which made him sweat coldly. I... I can't kill him! If he's a newbie... he will be deleted if I kill him at level 1! Dammit!

As he realized that, the wolf closed in to strike quite fast, but because of its low level, it wasn't fast enough to prevent the counterattack: a stab to his right leg, followed with a kick after Ronan had the chance to sidestep out of the beast's sight. After that, he left the somewhat stunned creature like that and sprinted towards the city he saw before. Of course, he didn't expect to get away. The werewolf had no trouble at all catching up with you when he started to run. When both were side to side, Ronan purposely let himself fall right in front of the werewolf, that was going too fast to stop at a time, and tripped. While he recovered, Ronan got behind him and delivered a smashing suplex that drew almost all the strenght he had. After that, not even caring enough to look at the result, he ran once again with the rest of his strenght. I don't have all that much time... as powerful as the moves are, my level is also low, and he's a werewolf.. what I did haven't gotten his HP down by much. Ronan continued running, hoping to reach the city at some point...

((Sorry, I needed to get something like this moving in order to post again...))

((Hello? Hello? Where did everyone go? I can't just continue this without someone else in the "current group" posting first! (Yes Ali I know you are getting there, but because you aren't where we are, I would technically be acting twice in a row.) I'd hate to break the "have content in every RP post" rule, but I just can't do anything right now. I guess I'll write something, but it's mostly filler.))

The brothers were about halfway done with their meals by now. It seemed that they were finally getting used to this place, even if they would always be curious about the game's workings. For now though, they didn't have a worry in the world and were just concentrating on eating their first real meal in a couple of days. They were definitely enjoying it, too.
100% pure Joy.

Zoey had contnued the act of picking delicately at her food before her hunger overrode that one lesson on etiquette and she started eating more normally, a small smile coming to her features. Looking around the room as she ate, she realised that only maybe half of the people in the restaurant were players - the rest were bland and nameless NPCs. ...It made her wonder about that waitress. Surely she should have been just as bland?

"...Naturally."

((That's it, there's only one way to get this RP moving again. One dirty-handed, devious way...))

After the gang finished their long and satisfying meal, ((Take That!)) Mika put his tie back on. He clicked his fingers signalling the NPC waitress for the bill. "So, where shall we go to now?" he asked the group. "Clothes shop?"
Engaged to Reiji!

The conversation was apparently over, the brothers noticed, so they sped up their eating a tiny bit. It didn't hurt that the pasta seemed to wrap itself around the fork. The brothers had always had trouble getting the pasta to wrap correctly back home. As they finished their meals, they observed that of course Austin had been done for a while, Mika was technically "done" (He seemed to give up on his stale pizza), and Zoey was nearing completion of her meal too. They then saw Mika snap his fingers for the waitress.
"In a bit of a hurry to get outta here, aren't ya?" Jay asked jokingly. The brothers felt pretty good now. All of their HP and a majority of their MP had been restored. Of course their hunger was also satiated.
When Mika asked where the group should go next, Jeremy replied, "I dunno, I guess we could go shop for better equipment, search for quests, y'know, boring MMO stuff..." Jeremy held his chin in thought, attempting to think of a better suggestion.
100% pure Joy.

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

((I understood what you said, Slezak, don't worry. Thanks for the initiative to move things forward. Anyway, ShadowEdgeworth's move now gives me some freedom to arrive at Angmere, I guess... though I hope what SE did doesn't prevent Nadindi from doing what she wanted. From the previous posts, it seemed she wanted to do something with the waitress character...))

The city grew bigger and bigger to his eye as he ran, but by the time he was finally getting near the entrance, Ronan was just too tired and was moving way slower than before. Luckily for him, the werewolf, after fast advancing against him a couple of times more, had moved around some other way and dissapeared into the woods, and then was not seen or heard anymore. Fearing he could have been followed, though, Ronan continued his race to the city, and now there he was. His tired, blurry vision could barely distinguish the guards in front of the city's gate:

"Welcome to Angmere!" They said in unison. Ronan didn't answer for he was too short of breath. He sat at that stop, safer in the presence of more people, and took several deep breaths before he was in condition to do anything else again. His throat really felt really dry: he'd need to get some virtual water sometime. As he stood up, the guards repeated what they said before. "Welcome to Angmere!"

I heard the first time. Was Ronan's immediate though. But he wasn't raised to be rude. He waved. "G-Good morning." His voice sounded raspy. He coughed. The guards looked at him and readily answer his sentence politely: "Welcome to Angmere!"

Again? Ronan had no time for satires. He was feeling awful. "P-Please excuse me, I must pass..." He tried, and advanced towards the gate. They didn't seem to object, so he just entered and the gate closed behind him.

Ugh, I'll begin my search... after I... get water. But gosh, this place looks big. He thought as he scrolled the eyes through his surroundings. Ronan shook his head. C'mon, I got here at record time... I can walk some more...

His legs ached. Never minding that, he moved around the city...

((Guys, I've been thinking. Do you reckon it's time to set up a new thread? The creator of this one is obviously very inactive, and I've ideas for the new character that aren't currently outlined in the options on the first page. ^^;))

Zoey nodded absently at the suggested courses of action offered, finishing her food neatly before wincing as yet more crashing came from the kitchen. The waitress swept back to them from the kitchen, looking a little flush as she bobbed slightly on the balls of her feet at the end of their table.

"So, er...who's paying?" she said, her cheery smile somehow tinted with a hint of...something else. Zoey squinted at her curiously, desperately wanting to take her scent but refraining for fear of bloodthirst.

"We are paying separately," Zoey said finally, reaching into her pocket to draw out a simple leather purse, plucking out what seemed to be the suitable amount of money, but keeping her purse clenched in a hand should it turn out not to be enough. Paying separately was probably the best way to avoid argument. Unless either Mika or the brothers lacked money.

"...Naturally."

((Good idea, Nadindi. My profile isn't even on the page! :edgeworth: ))

Mika searched his pockets and withdrew 2,000 credits. "I'm not paying for this drivel on a plate. Hey Austin, how much was yours. I'll pay 20% of it for the pizza you gave me." Mika said, scratching his head.
Engaged to Reiji!

((Any objections to me creating a new thread? I'll wait for everyone to respond. ^^))

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

((Serenity has her reasons to be inactive, she told me on a PM upon her last visit. But yeah, one way or the other, I think it would be better if you were to create a new thread, Nadindi. No objections to that. ^^))

Ronan stumbled upon a lowly general store, but that would probably satisfy his needs. He gave the door a knock before entering, just to make it clear that he was coming in, and was greeted by a simple-clothed blond girl on the other side of a counter. She looked at him with her chocolate eyes while he approached.

"Please, could I get some water?" Ronan asked, feeling his throat as dry as ever. The girlish figure nodded and got a glass bottle for him. Ronan immediately drained it. Another one followed, and another, and yet another, until he was finally filled and his belly started to complain. "T-Thanks. How much I owe you?".

"That last one is on the house." She said, looking at him, but not quite looking at him: she seemed dreamy. "750 credits will do." Ronan got the very few money he had gained during his journey there and handed it over. The girl didn't look at the money, though. For a while, Ronan though something was wrong with himself, but checked his clothes and nothing stood out as unusual except that they really were a bit dirty.

So NPCs can be prone to daydreaming? That's a first. Ronan thought, but he needed to leave, so he voiced another "Thank you" and went out of the shop. The water made him feel way better, but the fatigue was far from gone. Time to resume my search. Now, where could they be...? Ronan began walking again.

((I have no OBJECTION! (sorry I couldn't resist) even if it means I will have to redo my profile, if you're changing the formula for it. In fact, let me know what you have in mind so I can get working on it before the new thread is made. Thanks!))

"Separately? Okay then," Jay repeated. The brothers reached into their inventories and felt around for the money. They each procured two 1,000GP coins and pushed them over to the pile of various currencies. It was difficult to imagine what a "credit" looked like, but there they were, two thousand of them, along with the other money.

((I have noticed that Lida_Rose hasn't posted in a while. I hope she hasn't forgotten about us. I also hope that she is okay.))
100% pure Joy.
Page 24 of 25 [ 964 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay