Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 23 of 25[ 964 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Re: Not Just a Computer Game Roleplay (Anyone can join!)Topic%20Title

You’re so small in such a big world...

((I was kinda waiting on the others, but time to post anyway!))
The more the sense of dread hung over Zoey, the more Austin smiled reassuringly.
"You're a different vampire now, Zoey," Austin said. "It'll be fine. You'll see. Don't worry. I'll protect you." He laughed a wolfish laugh. He wasn't sure why Zoey was dreading the visit to Angmere so much, but she'd tell him if it was important enough. Until then, all he could really do was try to comfort her.
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

((Um...Not to be pushy *pushes*, but BUMP!))

((I was waiting for Slezak, but okays.))

Zoey scoffed quietly, nudging Austin with her arm. "I do not need protecting. But thank you." They drew closer to the town, now almost at the gates, and she smiled grimly. "Was there anything in particular that people wanted to do?"
^ Click for my graphics ^

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

((Actually, I would have posted but I was waiting for Apollo72 to respond and join in or something :/ Oh well.))

The brothers were now within feet of the city gates and they took one last look back to make sure the others were still okay.
"Well one of the main things we were wanting to do is go get a bite to eat... at a REAL restaurant," Jay replied to Zoey, his mind flashing back for an instant to the ambush at the Tepple restaurant.
"Yeah, I'm hungry," Jeremy added, "But for some reason I don't feel sleepy."
"Strange," Jay commented. They were almost to the city entrance which had a guard posted on either side of the gateway.
"Hey there," Jay said to one of the guards.
"Welcome to Angmere!" the guard replied joyfully.
"Nice morning, huh?" Jay asked, seeming a bit happier now.
"Welcome to Angmere!" the guard repeated.
"Uhhh..." Jay muttered, confused. 'This? I thought RPGs were past this.'
"Welcome to Angmere!" the guard said once again.
"He always says the same thing over and over again," the other guard chimed in.
"Yeah, I hate when that happens," Jay replied, looking toward the other guard.
"Me too," Jeremy agreed.
"He always says the same thing over and over again," the other guard repeated.
"AUGH! Dammit!" Jay erupted, but couldn't help but start laughing a bit. Jeremy did too, and the brothers approached the gate, which started opening. As the two walked through, they began wondering if perhaps the guards were just animatronics, but they didn't feel like pondering it for too long.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Austin chuckled.
"You obviously need protection. A regular damsel in distress, that describes you," Austin joked merrily, fully aware that he was still leaning against her for support. "Oh, yeah. Hey, uh...Since last time didn't turn out, I'll pay for the meal this time..." Then the two guards started talking, and Austin laughed.
"Ahaha...I'll bet these two are satires," he said, walking through the gates.

Rolling her eyes briefly at the guards, Zoey slapped Austin's arm chidingly. "Stop that," she laughed. "And I will pay at least my share. No objections to it," she warned, shifting his weight on her shoulder. "We should go to an apothecary or something too - you need your health back."

Austin smiled, casually reaching over and rubbing his arm where Zoey slapped it.
"Right. No objections. You pay for the water, I pay for the food," Austin quipped. "Oh, yeah...My HP is pretty low...Not the lowest it's ever been, but..." He sighed, then perked right back up. "Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, at any rate." He remembered saying the exact same thing about the wolfsbane, and chuckled, the same thought crossing his head as back then: Wait a minute. No, it isn't.

"...Naturally."

((Let's keep this moving, people. :edgy: ))

"Ah... come to a concensus, have we?" grinned Mika. He gave the guards a glance but otherwise ignored them. "Well, I guess first things first, get Austin his HP refreshed, get some intact clothes, and some decent food! God, I'm starving."

He smiled to himself. It's been so long since I could actually be properly happy... I suppose now I can afford to actually relax...

He looked at his hands. 24 hours ago, they were clean and undamaged, almost like the hands of a pianist. Now, they were bloodied and bruised, just like the rest of him. And my HP's still low. Maybe I should take a small trip to the apothecary myself. he laughed to himself.
Engaged to Reiji!
Credit to Nadindi for the awesome sig! :D

((Do you know what this needs? MOAR EXPLOSIONS AND MORTAL DANGER!!! ...Coming soon. ^_^))

"Yeah. There's stuff to do! Places to go! Come on!" Austin shouted excitedly, stepping away from Zoey, only to trip and fall like a sack of potatoes to the ground. "...After you help me up, of course..." Yeesh. I'm almost as helpless as I was back then... He tried to get up by himself, but a searing pain in his back and stomach made him wince. Getting crashed into by someone moving insanely fast would do that.

((Welcome back to the RP, SE!))

The entirety of the group was now inside the gate, which closed behind them.
After listening to Mika's positive words, Jay replied, "That sounds like a wonderful idea." Jay's mood had improved as a result of that little scene with the guards. Mika's attention had turned to his hands, and Jay looked at them as well. Then Jay looked over himself. 'Man, now it makes me wonder how we were allowed in here in our current condition,' he pondered. Just then, the brothers turned toward Austin as he spoke, proceeding to fall flat as he stepped away from his support. The brothers ran over as Austin tried to stand up. Jeremy brandished his staff and gently touched it to Austin, causing the faint blue glow of a Cure spell to envelop him.
"It's not much, but it's all I have left," Jeremy commented, "You should be able to stand up on your own though, and it should hold you over until we reach an apothecary."
"I guess every one of us needs rejuvenation," Jay said, holding his chin in thought. "So what's first on the agenda?" Jay asked as he reached into his inventory. He pulled out his PDA and switched it to the map screen. 'Just have to retrieve the local area map... okay, now it's finding the places of interest in this town... and there we go,' Jay thought as the map was loaded.
100% pure Joy.

Zoey easily pulled Austin to his feet again after the cure spell was cast. "Honestly, you should not try to stand on your own yet." She couldn't help but smile though - only he could be the person to FORGET about his weakness and step away.

((Thinking of introducing another character - a girl. Boys are outnumbering poor Zoey. xD Thoughts?))

((You should totally make another character if you want to. ^_^))

"Thanks," Austin said to Jeremy, then to Zoey when she pulled him up, flashing a smile. "I know I shouldn't, but yeesh. I mean, what kind of werewolf am I if I can't even walk without having the most gorgeous vampire in the world help me, eh?" He playfully nudged Zoey before turning back to the brothers. "I think food comes first. I got the appetite of a wolf!"

Zoey felt a warm buzz at the compliment, nudging Austin back at the bad joke. "Well then, we will get food first," she said decisively. "There are quite a few decent restaurants here," she said thoughtfully. "Are we going for the cheapness or the quality?"

"...Naturally."

((@Slezak- Thanks for the welcome back! :edgy:

@Nadindi- I agree, another female character would be good. It would balance out the universe, so to speak. XD ))

"Depends on the credits. Frankly, I could quite happily go for a pot of instant noodles as much as I could go for a couple of fillets of veal." laughed Mika. "It's all food, so come on! Let's pick one at random!"
Engaged to Reiji!

"I like Mika's way of thinking," Austin said. "Randomness is the way to go! Let's just hope this one doesn't turn into an ambush this time." He chuckled. "To think I've only spent two days with you guys and have already been in more mortal danger than..." He stopped himself, not wanting to finish that statement. "Anyway, I guess since you're the lady, you should pick, Zoey." And then he realized he had said random before and he face-palmed. "I mean...You decide where we go at random...And I'll follow you." Yeah. Good cover.

Zoey laughed, shrugging. "How about we just walk, and go to the first restaurant we see?" She kept the smile on her face, but a feeling of unease still hung over her. She didn't even really know why, anymore.

"...Naturally."

"Well, if first sight, first eat is te basis, then how about this virtual Italian resturant over there?" said Mika, pointing to it. "I like pizza. Pizza's are good. I just hope my virtual tastebuds are the same as my real-life ones."

He turned to Austin.

"They don't change do they?" he asked, a little anxious. 'Cause if they do, I'm totally screwed.
Engaged to Reiji!

"Jackpot! Italian as the very first restaurant we see!" Austin shouted excitedly. "I'm casting my vote for pepperoni pizza! I only had that once, and it was good stuff."
"They don't change, do they?" Austin turned to Mika and opened his mouth to say something, only to realize he couldn't even remember what things tasted like to him before he entered the game. He strained to recall his last meal before buying the game and getting trapped there. It was...noodles. Just buttered noodles. He recalled how he couldn't eat much of anything, anyway. His stomach seemed to always be upset back then.
"You know, to be honest, I wouldn't know," he answered. He then smiled. "But everything I've tried here tasted fantastic so far."

"Italian?" Looking over to the aforemetioned restaurant, Zoey smiled. Good, she had no particular memory of this place. "Let us go, then," she said, helping Austin to stagger over to the entrance of the restaurant before looking back at the others.

"...Naturally."

"I see..." replied Mika. He zoned out for a few seconds. Seems to me... there's way more to him than meets the eye... He woke, then breathed in heavily. "Oh, yes..."

His frown turned into a huge grin. "Come on, you two! It's food time." he shouted to the brothers, as he ran to the resturant's entrance. It looked pretty nice, very... italian. He drew in the fresh pizza smell. He held the door open for Zoey and Austin, the latter being supported by the former.

"This... is... destiny..." he sighed, happily.
Engaged to Reiji!

"Hey, now, you don't have to help me, Zoey," Austin said with a gigantic grin. Whenever Zoey smiled, he couldn't help but smile as well. Better than seeing her with that air of unease. "I'm my own wolf, see?" He stepped away from Zoey and winced, but didn't fall down. It wasn't much of an improvement, but still. Austin didn't want to have to lean on her too much. He saw Mika zone out, and raised an eyebrow. What was that guy thinking about? Then he ran ahead and held the door open. What a gentleman. Austin took a couple small steps inside, wincing slightly with each step, then turned back to Zoey.
"The sign says to seat ourselves, so table or booth?" he asked.

"Booth," Zoey said automatically, holding out a hand to steady Austin's shoulder nonetheless. Booths had more...security, and they weren't too easily visible. It was an automatic response. She slipped into a nearby booth first, holding out a hand to help Austin down. She wished she could smell the aroma that they were all complimenting, but breathing would mean inhaling the more delicious aroma of all the people in the restaurant.

Cats are cute

Yeah! I'll have to live with :mia:!

((Um...Are you planning to join the roleplay, or are you just going to spam, Pearlyiscute?))

((Let's ignore it. It's probably just a post in the wrong topic... or something whatever.))

"Italian sounds fabulo--hey, wait for us!" Jay shouted, realizing that the group had almost vanished into the restaurant ahead of them. They quickly ran inside and found the booth Zoey was beginning to sit down in. As they passed Mika, they gestured for him to come on and not zone out like that, then silently took seats on the other side of the booth. They were surprised they hadn't collapsed from malnutrition yet... or for that matter, exhaustion. They were reminded once again that it was all a game.
100% pure Joy.

"...Naturally."

((Are we gonna skip this scene with the immortal words "After a long and satisfying meal..." Or could this be a scene for EVEN MOAR character development? :garyuu: ))

Once the brothers had passed him, Mika let go the door, and walked to the booth, taking a seat next to the brothers. He took of his tie and shoved it in his pocket, then undid the second-to-top button of his shirt.

"So... what's on the menu?" he wondered aloud. "Let's see what virtual meals those nerds have come up with, shall we?"
Engaged to Reiji!

((I dunno. Depends on what the others want. XD))

"Thanks," Austin said as he grabbed Zoey's hand and brought himself down into the seat next to her.
"Oh, uh...Looking at the menu should tell you what's on the menu..." he said in response to Mika's asking what was on the menu. Austin's eyes then widened slightly as he echoed, "Nerds?" Something about that word seemed to bother him. But then he just smiled again. "Yeah. Let's see what the creators of this game came up with for Italian food." He opened his menu and looked. "Plenty of stuff to choose from."

Zoey peered over Austin's shoulder at the menu. It looked pretty much like any Italian restaurant's menu in real life, except for the currency. She mentally decided on a meal before leaning back again, her arm still on Austin's.

"'The creators of this game'? How do we know this place wasn't built by one of the players?" Jay asked, chuckling.
"Indeed. You two would know better than us because you have been here longer, but who is to say this game lacks UGC?" Jeremy asked, "...Uh, that means 'User-Generated Content', for anyone here that's not a geek like we are, haha."
"Anyway, it is definitely nice to know there are menus in this game that DON'T say 'item, status, equip,' etc.," Jay mused as he and Jeremy reached forward and picked up their restaurant menus and looked through them. This place definitely has quite a selection and the brothers knew that it would not be a good idea to come here if you had no idea what you wanted. The brothers had a few favorites from back home in mind, and they were all there... This could take a couple minutes.
100% pure Joy.

"...Naturally."

"Ah, yes. Good ol' UGCs, even though, technically, we are them." Mika said, half-joking, half-anxiously.

He ran his finger down the centre of the menu, until he made his decision. That's when a shiver ran down his spine. No, no, no... of course...

He tried to keep his expression as calm as possible, so as to not alert the others. Sure, we can eat food here... but in the real world... our human bodies are presumably paralysed and stuck to the game... without food they could perish... what happens then?

He swallowed. "E-er, I think I'll go for the Margerita Semi-Pizza. Sounds pretty nice." he said aloud.
Engaged to Reiji!

Zoey nodded, looking around the restaurant absently. "Yes, I have also made a choice. Does everyone know what they want? I will call a waiter if so."

After spending another minute studying the menu like a college textbook the night before exams, the brothers finally made their choice. Chicken parmesan; simple, balanced, maybe a bit "cookie-cutter Italian" but whatever. Jeremy just happened to glance over at Mika when Mika grimaced, but didn't think much of it, even when Mika sounded a bit nervous when he made his choice.
"Yes, we know what we want as well," Jay stated straight. Now Austin just had to answer and the group could finally be on their way to having a good meal. That's when that feeling hit the brothers again. They played with their menus a bit in their hands. Sure, the menus felt real enough. The table felt wooden resting against their forearms and the seat was nice and comfortable. Something was just... off about the whole thing. It is like how we know, no matter how realistic a video game may look, it still looks like a video game somehow. As they laid down their menus slowly on the table, the brothers looked fine on the outside. On the inside however, their minds were racing with questions. Jeremy was even contemplating reaching over to the pepper shaker and smelling it to see what would happen, but decided it would be best to refrain.
100% pure Joy.

"Every so-called "game" is unique, but there were creators to design these graphics," Austin said. "Although, I suppose it isn't impossible that the creators could be a player here. You'd imagine somebody had to test this game before it came out..." He then heard the nervousness in Mika's voice. Hm...It wasn't like he was at the last restaurant when they were last ambushed.
"What's on your mind, Mika? Oh, I know what I want. Pepperoni garlic pizza! It's the best!"

Zoey knew better than to question the nature of the game. She had been here long enough to come to terms with the fact that she may never get out, so surely it was best to just take the game as if it were reality? Raising a hand, she waved down a waitress. A bland looking woman came over with a notepad to take their orders. "I would like a traditional spaghetti bolognese, please."

"...Naturally."

"Hm? Oh, just thinking of "real life" back home." replied Mika. "Anyway..." he turned to the waitress. "A margarita semi-pizza, please." he said with a smile.
Engaged to Reiji!

"I will have chicken parmesan, please," Jay said cheerfully to the waitress, despite his still slightly-worried mind.
"Chicken parmesan for me too, please," Jeremy said. 'This waitress must not be much of a talker,' he thought. The waitress just seemed to be silently taking their orders. The brothers did not think this odd. Everyone does not have to speak all the time, they figured.
100% pure Joy.

"Oh, okay, Mika. Bit of advice: don't do that," Austin said with a laugh. "You'll find yourself worrying too much. With any luck, we'll have the option of going back soon, so just hang tight until then." He smiled. "Oh, I'll have a pepperoni garlic pizza, if you please. And water to drink, if you don't mind."

The waitress nodded, writing the last order down and stabbing the notepad with a full stop. "I'll get you all water," she said blandly before moving off to the kitchen. Zoey watched the waitress go, still curious about the behaviour of NPCs despite the time she had already spent in the game.

"Ha, she read our minds, because we wanted water to drink anyway," Jay remarked. "Anyway, I wonder if the food in this game is anything like food items in other RPGs," he wondered aloud. Jay quickly procured his menu PDA and lightly touched the Status option. The brothers were not quite at full health but they were by no means in danger of death. Their mana was running on fumes; they would need to fix that soon. Everything else seemed to be okay. They were doing quite well on experience points. He smiled at the cartoony caricatures of the two brothers that served as their profile pictures. Jay had to admit it, the technology behind this game was astounding and far-advanced from anything he had seen before.
100% pure Joy.

Zoey propped her elbows up onto the table, lacing her fingers together and resting her chin on the fist it made. She looked at the restaurant but didn't really see it as she thought. It was strange. It had probably been less than 24 hours since she had met everyone, and already she had decided that she was in love and had friends. That didn't happen before, with anyone except Cairus. It seemed she just hadn't given anyone the opportunity to get close to her. Cairus had been enough.

Thinking about how he had spared Austin, her eyebrows furrowed slightly. Despite having thought it over since it had happened, she couldn't think of any plausible reason for him doing so. He wasn't kind, that definitely wasn't an option. Maybe he-

Zoey was jerked from her thoughts by a clattering coming from the kitchen, jumping slightly before sitting back, embarrassed. Someone had probably just dropped something. Yes, there was some shouting now. She was getting paranoid. It had been too long since she had been in an ambush-less restaurant. And for some reason, she was quite sure that this one would be okay.
^ Click for my graphics ^
Page 23 of 25 [ 964 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay