Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 4 of 6[ 222 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: Brief Pause Reboot (Applications Open!)Topic%20Title

Nodding, Scarlet drew closer to Zues which should be interpreted as a sign of affection, though her real motive was to see if she would be able to hear the other end of the conversation. There's clearly something this guy's not telling me. Maybe the person he's calling will say something?

Lucas glared at the phone over the top of his book as it started ringing for the second time in such a short space of time. He considered whether or not to actually answer, because it would only be Zues. After all, who else would call him? With an annoyed grunt, he shifted to the side and grabbed the phone from its holder. After Zues' initial stream of questions, he rolled his eyes. "Yes, I got dinner just fine. No thanks to you. And your 'friend'? Wouldn't 'one night stand' be a more appropriate term?"
^ Click for my graphics ^

The member who doesn't swear much

"Look, Lucas, it's not gonna be like that. How about we spend time together? This could become something real. Look, I'll find the old Scrabble set, and it'll be like the good old times, when it was just Karen, you, and I. You always won, but I might just beat you this time. Don't be a spoil sport. You and Scarlet would get along just fine."

Zues took a deep breath for air. He didn't usually speak like this, but he hated talking to Lucas sometimes, and he appeared to be in one of his moods. He smiled at Scarlet though, to make things look good and normal. He also liked what Scarlet was doing.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

Scarlet could only hear snatches of the conversation, but from the few words she'd gathered, the person on the other end wasn't exactly on pleasant terms with Zues. His exasperated reply helped, too. She clung tighter to his arm.

"Oh, like the 'good old times'? When Karen was alive? Gee Zues, you move on fast. Wouldn't have thought you'd want me to be all happy with some random chick you bring home." Lucas shifted the phone to his other ear, his book slipping off his lap, forgotten. "Why would I want to get along with someone you're replacing Karen with? You're meant to forget about the dead. It's best that way."

Zues tried not to snap. "She's not a replacement for Karen. I'm going to have a word with you when I get home. Now, move the files for your old school project into the cupboard. You know the ones I'm talking about."

Zues tried his best to emphasise the fact that he was meaning something else, but not in a way that Scarlet would notice. He grinned as she clung tightly on his arm.

"Right, gotta go, bye."

He hung up before Lucas could get in another word.

"Kids..." he sighed.

Lucas rolled his eyes as he tossed the phone onto the table angrily. Old school files? Subtle, he thought sarcastically before doing as Zues had instructed. Stupid old man, he simmered to himself.

Scarlet loosened her grip on Zues' arm slightly as he cut off the conversation. Noting his pained expression, she patted his arm in what she hoped was a soothing gesture. "Well, you know what they can be like. Especially teens. He's a teen, right?" she said conversationally.

"Yeah. Karen must have been a completely different person to me because when he was younger, we did a good job of looking after him. But he's older, and it's just me, so..."

He took his arm out of Scarlet's and grabbed a stone of the ground. He threw it.

"It's so difficult and irritating! Have you ever known how it feels to look after kids? It's horrible!"

He picked up another stone and lobbed it harder out of rage. Then he took deep breaths to calm down. He put his arm through Scarlet's again.

"Sorry about that."

Scarlet's eyebrows twitched upwards slightly at the sudden display of anger, but otherwise she didn't react to the stone throwing. "Can't say that I know much about looking after kids. I'm still a bit young for them." She smiled, trying to get the good mood back into the conversation.

"So, is it just kids in particular, or is yours just being particularly difficult?" As she spoke, Scarlet looked around, trying to judge if they were nearing his apartment/house or not.

"I'm unsure. Probably just him. Never met many kids since I was a young'un. It's amazing that it wasn't that long ago. This time stop is probably just a brief pause, but it feels like years," sighed Zues. Then he noticed Scarlet looking around.

He grinned. They were almost there, and he was curious as to what Scarlet would think about him having a house, let alone a fancy one. He stopped outside it, and pointed her towards it.

"Here we are. Now, the door's locked because Lucas tells me to lock it every time I go out. He's probably in his room though, so let's not disturb him JUST yet," said Zues quietly as he unlocked the front door. He quietly opened the door and quietly slipped onto the couch.

Scarlet's eyebrows all but disappeared into her hairline as she looked at the house in surprise as she walked in. It was big, bigger than most houses she'd seen in this small town. Zues must be well off. But he was just a detective, which didn't make sense.

Joining him on the couch, she snuggled up to him with a sigh, looking up at him curiously. "Niiiiice house," she said, impressed.

Lucas heard the front door closing and tried his best to ignore it, staring at his book fiercely, though his eyes were stationary. With a sigh, his curiosity got the better of him and he placed the novel down on his bed carefully, padding down the stairs and stopping halfway. I wonder who he's brought home now?

Zues heard footsteps. Ah, here comes the gremlin. He grinned as his prediction of it being Lucas was correct.

"Hey Luccy boy, meet Scarlet. Scarlet, this is Lucas. Scarlet needs a place to stay, so I thought I'd be generous. How are you Lucas?"

Zues grinned at his nephew. He would of hugged him but he knew what would happen. So he just settled for a wave. It was always nice to see his nephew, spat or not. Work was hard and tedious, but Lucas was young, and interesting to talk to. He atcually taught Zues a few things, rather than the other way round. All those books his dad got him must have done this.

Making his way to the living room, Lucas was greeted by Zues and he ignored him, gaze moving directly to the newcomer. Well firstly, her hair. It was so bright, it probably caught everyone's eye first. Looking down to her face, Lucas' eyes widened for a fraction of a second before his expression went blank again. She's actually quite pretty. She could do much better, his thoughts scoffed. "Hi." Lucas said bluntly, sweeping his fringe to the side and folding his arms.

Scarlet raised her eyebrows and laughed lightly. "Someone's grumpy." Her eyes twinkled as she looked at the teenager. It was strange - she'd been expecting someone much younger, considering Zues' age. She sat up to break the contact between her and Zues, realising that a teenager would probably find that a somewhat awkward place to be in, with his parent and a stranger snuggled up on the couch.

Zues was happy that Lucas had said hi, even if it was in a grumpy manner. Usually, he wasn't even this sociable. Could he see Scarket's beauty too? Probably not. Suddenly, Scarlet let go, and Zues frowned. It took him a second (not literally, of course) to realise why.

"Care to join us? This is a three-seater couch after all," Zues said as he shifted along a bit to make some space. "I think we should all get to know eachother better."

Zues knew he would fail at making Lucas act sociable, but he wanted to at least give it a try.

Lucas shot Zues a withering look before walking slowly to the side of the couch that was farthest from Zues, perching on it stiffly. Why am I even co-operating? He folded his arms and leaned back, eyes still fixed on the detective, a scowl on his adolescent features.

Scarlet almost had to physically restrain herself from laughing out loud at the teen's typically antisocial behavior. "Good idea, Zues. Let's get to know each other." She winked at him, gesturing at the bespectacled teen. "So, when did you have him?"

"Ha-have him!?"

Zues was taken aback. Did Scarlet think HE was the dad? CRAP. WHERE DID THAT COME FROM!? SERIOUSLY, SHE THOUGHT I HAD HIM!?

"Uhm, no, you misunderstand. I'm his uncle. His dad, and my brother, was the first victim, you see. My wife and I were just his guardians. Ok, my turn to ask you a question Lucas. What's your favourite book?"

"Ahhhh..." Scarlet sighed in understanding, absent-mindedly shifting back into a resting position against Zues. "I thought you were a bit young...or him too old." She smiled sweetly at the teen. In return she got a stony glare.

Lucas shifted his eyes to Zues and rolled his eyes. "Picking a favourite would be conforming to society. I have many books that I enjoy equally." His voice never lost the stiff, uncomfortable tone. He itched to go back upstairs to continue reading Paradise Lost. He pointedly didn't ask any questions to contribute to the conversation.

"Okay, if you won't take your turn, you can Scarlet. Ask Lucas or me any question you want. Doesn't matter what it is."

Zues snarled at Lucas, but put it away as quickly as possible. He couldn't have Scarlet notice the snarl.

"And that was interesting Lucas. I see what you mean about liking a lot of books equally. I like a lot of magazines equally."

He knew what eh was talking about but hopefully neither Lucas nor Scarlet did.

Lucas rolled his eyes at Zues' brief, fierce look, crossing his arms tighter around himself. Stupid old man... Hearing his 'magazines' comment, he screwed his face up in disgust. Stupid pervy old man.

Scarlet remained oblivious to the tension between the two men, folding her own arms as she pondered what to ask either of them. Finally deciding, she craned her neck up to look Zues in the face with a sweet smile. "You," she began, pausing. "What's your favourite pastime?" Sure, it was a kind of lame question, but it could say a lot about a man.

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

Luneth checked if the police station was open and frowned. The doors were locked, so that meant that Zues hasn't come back. She decided to call him and checked the list of numbers that was tucked away safely into her pocket. Referring to the list, she dial Zues's cell phone number and waited for him to pick up.
"C'mon, pick up, please." She muttered under her breath.
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

((I'm REALLY sorry for the long absence but my internet's kinda...died on me. I won't be posting massively until it's fixed, but could someone find a way to bring Kimiko back into the story? I'm at a bit of a loose end and if there's no intervention, she'll just have to make a Great Escape. Which would be troublesome XD ))
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

The policeman grinned as he showed his ID to the secretary. He entered Kimiko's room, and with a key he had made himself locked the door. He took off his uniform to reveal the Red Bandits' garb. He hissed a laugh at Kimiko.

"Hello Kimi. Long time no see! Hisssss! It's your old pal Greengyo!"

Greengyo sat down and took out another key.

"I can let you free. For a price... Hisss..."
------
Just as Zues was about to answer, he got a phone call.

"Who the crap is this?" he said to the caller.

((You are a BABE, BSX <3 Love the solution.))

Kimiko almost wanted to laugh, the situation she found herself in was so ridiculous. She had hoped that she'd been right not to have gotten rid of this one and now it looked as though she was about to be rewarded. Ah, karma, you DO have some sympathy left for me after all....

She smiled triumphantly. Kimiko did so love getting her own way.

"What do you want? If it's money, I'm understandably broke." she stated.

"You to join us. People say the time stop drove us crazy. But oh no, hssss, we're perfectly sane!"

Greengyo walked up to the bars and stuck his tongue out.

"...And I want something more... Love..."

He hissed again and walked away from the bars. He smiled a snakeish smile at her. He didn't love her, but he wasn't gonna help her get away unless she did something for him, and sex was the only compensation for such a risk, he thought. Beating up that polive officer and stelaing his uniform was not easy.

My standards aren't that low yet, you freak... Kimiko thought to herself with contempt. Still, she'd manipulated her way out of trickier situations than this before...

"Hmm. Too bad you'll have to get the bars out of the way first." she smiled, faking a modicum of enthusiasm. Feeling in her jacket pocket, she located her empty insulin syringe. Old habits died very hard. The same could not, however, be said for people.

Luneth shrugged and hung up. Looks like Zues was occupied. She picked the lock of the door into the police station. Luneth walked in onto Gregory and Kimiko.
"Blarggh! What the heck is going on here?!" She was surprised. "And how in the world did you get in here?" Luneth asked Gregory.

Dragonclaw23 wrote:
Luneth shrugged and hung up. Looks like Zues was occupied. She picked the lock of the door into the police station. Luneth walked in onto Gregory and Kimiko.
"Blarggh! What the heck is going on here?!" She was surprised. "And how in the world did you get in here?" Luneth asked Gregory.

((Uhm, wouldn't someone be watching her if she was picking the lock?))

Zues put his phone back into his pocket slowly, yet angrily.

"Must have been a pranker. Anyway, when I'm not working I like to do anything. Without TV, life is boring, so I should do anything. Now, what's our favourite past time Scarlet?"

He smiled cheekily, as in he expected it to be something he'd like.

((Elias? He's writing on the roof, and I did it inconspicuously. Your security system is lax, remember?))

((Still, there should be a police man watching. Remember the secretary's still there, and he's a copper.))

((Authority overrules all.))

Luneth looked up and heard the secretary call to her.
"Why are you here?" He asked. "And you're not a cop."
"Just need to ask the prisoner questions. From the SIS." Luneth replied. She turned back to the two. "Any one of you would like to explain what's going on?"

Scarlet hummed thoughtfully, putting a finger to her chin. Lucas rolled his eyes at the obvious 'cute' show. "Well...I like to run. And read," she added. Lucas looked at her, his stare quite blank. Scarlet stuck her tongue out at him.

"You don't read," Lucas said suddenly, pushing his glasses up his nose. "People like YOU don't read."

"Any one of you would like to explain what's going on?"

Kimiko tilted her head to one side and gave what could only be described as a somewhat predatory smile.

"Short answer- he's busting me out. Long answer- he's busting me out for a price. Longest answer- he's busting me out for a price I have no intention of paying and since you appear to have lockpicked your way in here, perhaps you could see it in your way to be lockpicking me out."

If this woman really wanted to ask her questions, she wasn't going to play on anything other than her own terms.

Luneth grinned back. "For one thing, I'm also thinking about busting you out. Another thing is that I'll do it for a price. And the price is one paper dragon." She shrugged. "After all, it's an easier price than probably what he offered you."
Luneth pointed at Green. "And you, it's probably a criminal offense for impersonating a police officer. Maybe you'll like to switch places with Kimiko?"

Kimiko surveyed Luneth and gave a nod.

"I suppose I could do that. After all, I believe you gave me instructions for folding one..."

Selecting a sheet of pale yellow origami paper, she easily negotiated the complicated fold and produced a flawless paper dragon, which she balanced in her palm, with a smile.

"Well?" she inquired. "Am I freed?"

"Yep!" Luneth took it and unlocked the cell. She opened it for Kimiko. "You're free to go. Thanks for the dragon."

Greengyo grabbed a gun and aimed at Luneth. "Don't tell me that! I know the risks!"

Green shot at a wall randomly. He was clearly going crazy.

"Hiss, you planned this didn't you! You contacted her, didn't you Kimi! You betrayed me!"

He aimed his gun at Kimiko and pressed the trigger.
-----
Zues stood up.

"Lucas, apologise. Anyone can read."

He was annoyed, but he tried to stay calm.

Luneth reacted fast and held out her goggles to stop the bullet. It drove into the lens and stopped. She threw it at Green and darted forward and kicked him in the gut.
"Seriously, pulling a gun isn't good." She said as she twisted his gun hand behind his back. "And you're going to pay for the goggles, they were expensive."

"You b*tch!" shouted Green. "I f*cking won't pay anything!"

With his free hand he grabbed a pill out his pocket and shoved it in his mouth. Then he gathered all the saliva he coul and swallowed. He quickly died of cyanide. He died grinning.

Lucas rolled his eyes. Scarlet fell back slightly from the sudden absence of Zues' body behind her, righting herself and scooting over to lean against the arm rest. It looked like this was a family thing, so she kept quiet.

"I know she CAN read, idiot," Lucas said, as if explaining something to a small child. "I meant that she DOESN'T. I mean, what kind of slut sits and reads a book?" He deliberately didn't look at Scarlet, instead staring holes into Zues.

It took a whole time stop for this to happen but Zues finally snapped. Lucas had taken this too far. He growled and then started to shout.

"LUCAS! YOU HAVE TAKEN THIS TOO FAR! YOU'RE DISRESPECTFUL, YOU WON'T ACCEPT CHANGE AND YOU WON'T ACCEPT ME! YOU THINK THAT YOU'RE THE WORST STRUCK BY THIS BECAUSE YOUR DAD DIED. BUT HE WAS MY BROTHER. AND NOT ONLY THAT, YOU SELFISH SELFISH CHILD, BUT MY WIFE DIED OF CANCER BECAUSE OF M-THAT'S NOT THE POINT! YOU LIVE IN A BIG HOUSE, YOU GET ALL THE BOOKS YOU NEED AND YOU GET AS MUCH OF MY CARE AS POSSIBLE, AND YOU STILL THINK YOU'VE GOT IT BAD! YOU THINK THAT NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO BE WITH YOU AND TREAT PEOPLE LIKE SCARLET BADLY FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER. NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM! SHE IS NOT A F*CKING SLUT!"

Luneth poked him. He had committed suicide.
"Well that wasn't good." She relieved the body of the pistol and took out the ammo. Luneth then threw it out of the window. "Are you okay?" She asked Kimiko.

((Nice outburst there BSX. You act like my dad now.))

The following-what was supposed to be-morning Johnathan woke up.
His bedroom was a mess of books he only half read and other miscelanious items that he forgot he even owned.
He slowly walked out of his room, rubbing the weird crap out of his eyes that always seemed to accumulate there after sleep.
He sat down at his kitchen table and noticed something on his hand.
It was a red green and blue star written in pen on his hand.
"What the fuck is this?--Oh Bollox!"
He suddenly remembered his request to join the investagation.
He quickly pulled on a pair of pants and a shirt and bolted it out the door and to the police department.
When he arrived he slowly edged past the security and into the cell's (he had a feeling she would be there)
He entered the room and was shocked at what he say before him.
"What the fuck is this!?" he exclaimed.
Nothing.
Page 4 of 6 [ 222 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay