Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 4 of 6[ 204 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: | Not Just A Computer Game 2.0 | (Accepting new members)Topic%20Title

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

The tremor struck, and Ronan could only barely prevent himself from falling by drawing his sword at godspeed and stabbing it through the ground. Maybe that wasn't the brightests of ideas, but this was what his instinct had told him to do. It still shook a lot, but luckily he didn't fall. The shaking of his sword was over quite suddenly as well, which, after he could think normally again, puzzled him. Was that really an earthquake? It subsided quickly, and no other trembling from inside the ground... so maybe it wasn't an earthquake?

Joshua made him come back to reality, speaking as he did, and Ronan could really smell something like smoke, but it faded when Belle chanted, and her powers had impressed him a fair amount. Losing no time, however, he went closer to Joshua. "This earthquake really seems to be a sign we should be moving, so we should go soon. The fact that Sa... Seyicer leaped in that place worries me, though. Mariah? Will he be fine on his own?" He asked, to clear his doubts before following the group's trail.

Many thanks to PandaPrinzessin for this signature!

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

As the tremors began, the brothers felt them, but they quickly jumped into the air and called in their hoverboards, which they hastily turned on. They now floated above the ground and were unaffected by the earthquake, but then they noticed it stop suddenly.
"What was that all about?" Jay wondered aloud as he was composing himself still. Then Belle mentioned smelling smoke and Seyicer quickly ran off to investigate. Zooming into the open to get a better look, the brothers could clearly see the cause of the fire: a tree in the nearby forest was burning quite fiercely.
"That earthquake back there seemed unnatural..." Jeremy remarked, "And I bet this fire wasn't caused naturally either!" Jay and Jeremy then noticed it beginning to rain in the distance and figured someone in the group had some control over water. They would have liked to help douse the blaze, but the brothers weren't exactly equipped to take it on. Jeremy began to ponder how different magical water and ice was different from natural water and ice. If the brothers could figure out how to control their chosen elements from natural sources rather than create them from magical energy, they would supposedly use up a lot less of said energy.
Finally, Jay looked back to the group still standing around and asked as politely as he could, "Well, don't you guys think it's time we get going?" He then added, "It seems the world isn't going to wait for us, as you can see from the fire over there." The brothers wondered randomly if they might eventually control a second element magically, and possibly even a third.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

Ronan drew his sword from where it was plunged before someone like Verity could somehow think about taking it anyway. "On second thought, maybe I shouldn't doubt his strength. If he went there so quickly, he could certainly catch up to us since he knew where we were to go anyway..." Without thinking it over much, he decided to go on moving. Judging by the way the compass showed, they should head to the way Joshua had turned to walk first, so he did, looking back to Zoey and the brothers (which were with their hoverboards on already, apparently) one more time to see if they would go too, as they were the people that he was mostly interested in traveling with and all, because they were the people familiar to him. He went on, anyway, not to delay Joshua or any other of the group further. It'd be a bit of a walk, but I can stand it... never mind the fact I practically RAN from Tepple to Angmere before getting involved with the group... yeah, let's move on.

The sheer familiarity of the earthquake sent a rush of dread through Zoey's body, and she took a hasty step forward towards Ronan and the brothers. "Yes, we need to get going." Looking backwards towards the fire, she figured that the combined efforts of the water magic and Seyicer rushing to the aid of whoever might be in there would be adequate. After that quake, she wanted nothing more than to get away from this area, and fast. Even if that was completely illogical - Zoey's speed was no match for Cairus' near invisible swiftness. She started to lead the way, walking with a frustrated note to her pace as she knew she couldn't leave the others behind. 

Yelping as the earthquake struck, Verity braced her legs against the cobbled ground until it finished, thankful for the agility of her species. "Geeez," she said quietly, turning to look at where the fire was coming from. "Hey, didn't that scary demon guy run off that way?" Seeming to dismiss her own thought, she looked back to see Zoey starting the walk to SteelHeart. "Hey, wait!" Running briefly into one of the nearby derelict houses, she grabbed her pack before running back outside and following Zoey.  

"...Naturally."

Mika stared at the fire himself. "Finally, some action!" But I doubt electricity will be enough. He jumped into the air, energy faintly glowing around him as he floated. He turned back to the others. "Well... shall we get going?"
Engaged to Reiji!
Credit to Nadindi for the awesome sig! :D

Audere est facere.

Delphi caught the bag of gold just in time, and pulling a few strong leaves from trees, fused them together using the fibers in them to create a pouch of sorts to carry objects in. "Thank you for the help," she nodded to the two hunters, and in that instant, felt a sudden earthquake, and a faint yet clear cry of pain from the trees in the nearby forest from where she came. Then, hearing Belle perform a silent chant, she felt a sudden burst of humidity where there was smoke, and Seyicer rushed into the forest toward the source of the unnatural happenings.

"Strange..." she thought to herself. "These definitely aren't from natural causes. But at least the forest is safe...for now." Then, accidentally hearing the two brothers' thoughts about natural elements, she spoke to them in their minds. "Wish I could help you two, but I guess we'll all have to have our advantages and misfortunes. Nymphs can't exactly do anything without a present source, so when we're in a damp cave, we can't exactly make fire or the like."

Then Delphi nodded as Mika invited to head off. "It's best we get a head start, lest we run into the earthquake and fire culprit once more."
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

Last edited by AoN on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

Belle nodded as she heard Delphi's voice appear in her thoughts. "I agree. Neither the fire nor the earthquake were natural- it's possible someone is trying to get us moving. In which case we should definitely leave."

She noticed Verity had a pack and wondered if she should be bringing something with her too, but put the thought out of her mind. After all, nymphs didn't really need to carry anything- as long as there was soil, she and Delphi would be able to grow food and provided there were either clouds or a water source close beneath the ground, they would be able to obtain water.

Seeing as the vampire (whose name she didn't yet know) had already set off, Belle followed after.

((I had a little theory that magicians' and nymphs' powers differ in that magicians can summon up things that aren't physically present whereas nymphs have to have some of the substance present that they want to control e.g. Belle wouldn't have been able to make it rain if she was in a desert with no clouds in the sky. Does that sound okay, Angel? ^^))
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

Audere est facere.

((Sure, fine with me then. Will edit my post.))
Bummer.

The Real Human Being

The forest was thick but Ligus had no problem moving the trees.

"Follow the path of trees that have been burnt!"

Rain continued to fall on Ligus, he felt like he was melting.

Finnaly Ligus runs into someone.

It was Seyicer.

Get out kid!

A fire ball was sent towards them, Ligus caught it in his hand and crushed it. Absorbing the magic into him.

((yay for fire magic! Boo for rain!))

Last edited by DoMaya on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

((Ahh, I'd hate to be a total RP block, but I hadn't planned for Cairus to have headed into the forest. It messes with what I have planned, and is kinda OOC. >< You could easily change that to Seyicer though, if he's okay with it.))

The Real Human Being

Nadindi wrote:
((Ahh, I'd hate to be a total RP block, but I hadn't planned for Cairus to have headed into the forest. It messes with what I have planned, and is kinda OOC. >< You could easily change that to Seyicer though, if he's okay with it.))

((I read this and assumed he was the fastest. \/))

Nadindi wrote:
Even if that was completely illogical - Zoey's speed was no match for Cairus' near invisible swiftness.

((You know what they say about assuming things
it makes an ASS out of U and Me
ASS U ME
assume [/wordjoke]))

The Heir to the Planet

Location: the place bewtten space and time, mind and matter. Yes, I am in the velvet room

Seyicer had finally found a person, and he wanted him to get away. "I'm here to..."

THe demon had caught a fireball... that meant whoever had started the fire was nearby. "...You go on, I'll take care of this."

Seycer closed his eyes, and found their locations... "I should fight... but I'm incredibly lazy today... deep freeze."

A "WHAT THE-" Was heard, and Seyicer walked into the trees and, where he could not be seen, called out, "I've frozen your arms and legs... give me 2 good reasons why they shouldn't dissapear."

ONe bandit spoke, "We're Demon Hunters, on the pursuit of a fierce demon."

"Ang." Seyicer said, and snapped his fingers, the first one suddenly seemed shorter. "I'm a demon, so watch it."

"We're a bunch of bandits, hired to kill that particular demon."

"That is a reason... but dosen't explain the fire." Seyicer said, snapping his fingers... there were a couple of bandits left. "Hey Ligis, come over here... you can have some fun If you want it."
Son to electroboy . engaged to the lovely-girliedinosaur24 that's right: be jealous Oh yeeah, OriginalBubs is my crazy uncle., and I love sending him into oblivion
Time to feed the sandwitch and eat the baby!

((That does make a lot of sense, Panda, and was just what I had figured would be the case. Sure, creating something from nothing is nice, but it uses up a lot of magical energy (which is quite scarce in dungeons and other uncivilized areas) but making use of what is already there could end up destroying that something, plus you actually need something there to use. It's that kind of trade-off I like to see in RPGs. Not to mention I wouldn't have had this choice anyway, considering I joined the RP in the previous topic where there was no nymph species. Also, being able to control a nearby element and being able to create that element at will would be a winning (dare I say overpowered?) combination.))

"We sure didn't spend much time there," Jay commented as the brothers followed Zoey towards Angmere's exit.
"Yeah, but this next town might have some good upgrades," Jeremy replied.
"Good, expensive upgrades, probably," Jay remarked. As the brothers looked towards the small forest fire that was still burning, they inwardly prayed that who- or whatever was in that forest was okay. They remembered that this was only a game and that stuff shouldn't be real anyway, but something about the game's environment struck them as possibly being less virtual than it was first thought to be.
100% pure Joy.

((LOL nice wordplay DoMaya, but I didn't say that Cairus had headed to the forest. He just 'disappeared'. I suppose the misunderstanding is my fault for being too dramatic. >< Thanks for editing though. ^^;))

There was a vague relief as Zoey heard the others following her. She had almost been afraid that they would refuse to do what she said now - she had no Austin to back her up. Sure, she could rule by fear, but she was trying to put all of that negative stuff behind her. Looking back, she slowed slightly to walk alongside the brothers, trying not to look too concerned.

"...Where's Austin?" She said quietly, the abbreviation betraying her worry as she made sure to keep her voice low so the others couldn't hear.
^ Click for my graphics ^

"...Naturally."

Mika followed the brothers and Zoey, holding his hands behind his back, the feeling of boredom growing ever larger. Still, could be worse. Could have been stuck in Mortal Kombat. Oh, the pain and the never-ending Fatalities.

He sped up to walk alongside them. As he did, he heard Zoey mutter something. Mika couldn't make it out from hearing, but he could tell from her face that she was concerned about something... or someone... and trying to hide it. He narrowed his eyes.

Choosing to remain silent and not involve himself in matters that didn't concern him, he kept walking, and turned to the nearest Slezak brother.

"...So. What is the next town then, if you know." he asked.
Engaged to Reiji!
Credit to Nadindi for the awesome sig! :D

The Real Human Being

((Just to remind you, Ligus has the immolation buff. Meaning he's on fire.))

There's about 43 left of them. ((not a couple))

I'm better at one on one fights, keep them frozen and let's go.

The Heir to the Planet

Location: the place bewtten space and time, mind and matter. Yes, I am in the velvet room

Seyicer nodded, "Very Well, do you have an Idea on where to go? I'm current;y with a group... They may let you join... do you need help, considering you're on fire?"
Son to electroboy . engaged to the lovely-girliedinosaur24 that's right: be jealous Oh yeeah, OriginalBubs is my crazy uncle., and I love sending him into oblivion

for all

Joshua looked back to the brothers, he was quiet after Delphi's rain, as she simply caused it. Not even a power word or anything, impressive. "Hah, SteelHeart has amazing goods, all of them expensive. I should know, I knew a warrior who camped out there for months just letting his gold pile up, only eating what he needed. He came back decked out in white steel, platinum, and his helm had a feather of fire on it...he might be poor now, but his gear is top notch. We might run into him in SteelHeart, actually. He said he was thinking about going back for another run." Joshua laughed a bit. "Not the brightest guy, but he knows what he wants I guess...don't let the goods there make you poor though, anything you can buy there you can probably craft if you look hard enough for the parts to make it. Either that or you could find some trading posts...personally, I hope to find something in particular there. Though even they might not have it! SteelHeart, as the name implies, mostly makes steel weapons, armor, and tools. They aren't the most magically inclined unless you get to the alchemist, and he doesn't take money as far as I know." He sighed and continued walking, slowing down only slightly to pull out his quest book. The feather of Enlightenment, once equipped, will allow the mage, priest, or summoner a gracious boost to their natural mystic attributes, along with a bonus to agility. One must have an adventurer's cap, an undecorated fedora, or Tyrolean to equip this item.

With this nifty feather I might be able to move along in this world and start fighting the bigger threats.
He continued strolling slowly, being an elf he was fast, so he was right alongside the rest of the group.
If Justice is blind, then Truth shall lead. Together they will find Liberty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Heir to the Planet

"I hope Seyicer's allright." Mariah said, travelling with the main group, "Maybe I should send reinforcements..."

With that, she whisteled, and a team of imps appeared from nowhere, all headeed for the direction of the forest.
She turned to Delphi, "Do you know how to fight? You may need to learn... though I suppose if you can call down rain, then you can create a typhoon or something... thanks for calling that rain by the way. Water is Seyicer's element, he's stronger when touching water...I think he'll be okay..."

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

Ronan had started going forward, but he decided to let Zoey pass by him to lead. She was the closest thing there to a leader to him, though he had to admit that Austin inspired more confidence on the matter for the little time he stayed with that group. When he started to think of Austin, he noticed how she slowed the pace a bit, and he kept some yards behind her for it would be bad form to go ahead of the leading unit now. He didn't hear what she said to the brothers, and wouldn't intrude on the matter until he heard the reply from the brothers or saw a reason to. They were approaching the exit of Angmere itself, and soon would be traveling and prone to that game's version of random encounters. I need a lot of training... luckily, my skills also depend on technique, and even though I'm way weaker than most people here, I'll try to make up for it... He thought, determined to advance. On the sideline, though, he was worried with Austin. Where had he gone, leaving the rest like that? Maybe he had some important business to attend to.

Vaguely, he made a note of what Joshua said. Urk. I have almost no money with me... well, I'll have to deal with that there. He heard Mariah's summon and was rather impressed with she making it so easy, but since she began talking with Delphi soon after, he decided not to interfere and continue walking.

Last edited by Aliucon on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Real Human Being

I can't cancel the buff for another five minutes, if these bandits don't get me the rain will.

Ligus had been keeping the hitman stance the whole time, he was at 270%

Audere est facere.

((HS will soon get more hectic, so just warning you all in advance

Delphi raised an eyebrow as Mariah complimented her for the rain a while back. Continuing to follow the rather numerous and assorted group of travellers, she thought to her, "Thank you, but even though I can also control water so, the credit for today belongs to Belle." Smiling at her fellow nymph, she turned back to Mariah, and asked, "You are a summoner, then? So that's why you hunt, it's fairly easy to catch the prey with those kinds of powers. Or is there a catch to that, like nymphs when there is no natural source?"
Bummer.

The Heir to the Planet

"Well, I can only summon If I have enough energy to do so, exceeding my limits means death. Seyicer doesen't actually need a source, since water lies underneath the ground, it's a simple matter of raising it to surface level... Seyicer's just lazy...

Seyicer nodded, "YOu did that yourself, then...weird."

The imps MAraiah had summoned reached Seyicer, and started jumoing around. "What the-..."

The imps squeaked and jumped some more. 'What is it.... something wrong?"

THe imps stopped, thought for a second, and slapped Seyicer...

"Oh, Mariah sent you." Seyicer said, rubbing his face, "Let's go, then... I'm guessing I'm supposed to go back."

for all

Joshua, now moving at a slower pace, overheard what Mariah said. "Ah yes, that's true of most magic users, overuse of energy can have dire consequences." He took off his hat and wiped his forehead, revealing his dark brown hair that was surprisingly long. "Lord knows I've gotten close to the edge once or twice." He re-affixed his headwear, and continued walking forward. "It's part of the reason I'm a spell-warrior; we typically use less energy with our spells."

((Weak revival attempt))

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

((I only didn't post because right now my character can't do anything big, but let's go!))

At the mention of a spell-warrior, Ronan turned to Joshua while he was walking. He knew that he could control the winds, but was unsure if he was a pure mage or a hybrid, and his comment had now enlightened him. Curiosity arising upon the fact Ronan was also a spell warrior (although currently devoid of any magical powers), he caught up with Joshua and Mariah. "I guess it depends on how strong you train your magic to be? I'm no expert, but I say from my own experience. A spell-swordsman making their magic powers to rivalize that of a mage of the same level will waste just as much energy. Unless he focuses on only one kind of magic. Is that the case with you?" He asked, not wanting to sound all that intrusive, but he supposed he should order a conversation after such a moment of silence.

You’re so small in such a big world...

((I shall now bring this RP back from the depths! Muahaha! I'm back...ish. My concentration has been up lately, so I think I can safely rejoin. :D
Spoiler: Edited Profile
Name: Austin Zimmern
Job: Warrior
Species: Werewolf
Appearance: He's tall with long, brown hair and eyes. Bronze skin.
Powers: Once he turns into a wolf, he has super speed and strength and when he howls a song as a wolf, everyone will feel the mood he is trying to create.
Biography: He was a very sickly boy. A paraplegic, he couldn't do very much outside of school. He quickly turned to the computer as his source of entertainment. When the new virtual reality RPG came out, he bought it immediately since he already played every game he owned and was starting to get bored.
Experience: He has been in the game ever since it came out...However long that is?

Now to work my magic by rewinding a bit and doing absolutely nothing to contribute to the story...yet. God, I hope this won't be a wall of text long enough to scare people away.))

As the brothers, Mika, and Zoey pulled out their money, Austin opened his mouth to say something like, "What do you guys think you're doing?" Unfortunately, he was interrupted by the klutzy waitress knocking the table toward himself and Zoey and taking their money. The look of outrage on Zoey's face right then...He wanted to say something like, "No biggie. Just a table, right?" But again, he kept his mouth shut as Mika knocked the table off them and Zoey ran off. The first thought that crossed Austin's mind was what would happen once Zoey caught up to the theif...Would she...kill them? It was possible, for sure. He'd have to stop her! ...But how? He couldn't catch up in this form. Austin sighed and shook his head, walking over to the counter. He fished out the money/credits/gold and put it/them on it.

"That should cover our meals and the damage to the table. I am awfully sorry about that...I would tip, but we didn't exactly receive great service." He chuckled a bit. "Oh, and that pizza my friend ordered was just nasty. But my compliments to the chef otherwise." He then bounded off after Zoey, the brothers, Mika, and their new companion. Once outside, he caught an all-too-familiar scent. Cairus. Austin thought for a moment. He really wanted to catch up with Zoey and make sure everything was okay, but Cairus couldn't be up to anything good. Besides, for saving Zoey and sparing Austin, more thanks were in order. Hm...Judging by the way the smell seemed so strong, maybe Cairus wasn't far from Zoey or the others. That only worried Austin more as he climbed up the nearest rooftop and took off after Cairus. He eventually saw the rooftop he was on, and was about to say something, when he zipped away.

H-hey! Get back here! God, that was just plain rude, Austin thought as he hopped from rooftop to rooftop after Cairus. Sweating, he finally saw Cairus on a rooftop again. And he pressed his palms against it, sending tremors. Austin fell to his hands and knees to stay on the roof. Once the tremors stopped, he rose himself back up to realize Cairus had disappeared again. Great. He sniffed for his scent, then started leaping onto the rooftops after him once more. He wondered if Cairus would ever stay still long enough for him to catch up. He also wondered if Zoey and the others were okay. He felt a twinge of guilt. Maybe he should be going after them, not after Cairus. ...No, that vampire was definitely up to something. What if he didn't pursue him and wound up regretting it later? There would be plenty of time for catching up afterward.
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Last edited by Lida_Rose on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

((Lida!! You're doing better, then? Can concentrate better now? That's great! Welcome back~ ^^
Nice push, by the way. And that explains the plot-hole left involving you, so no problem... you'll be able to do more soon. I hope.))

((Welcome back, Lida.))

Once he was about four rooftops over, Cairus paused again, leaning against a chimney with a self-satisfied smile on his face as he waited for Austin to catch up again. Werewolves. They were just so...unsubtle. Was he trying to push fate or something? Cairus could easily have killed him in their last confrontation, had he merely chosen a poisoned needle instead of a knock out one.

Seeing his form approaching in the near distance, Cairus flicked a hand, causing the stone on the chimney behind him to push him into an upright position so he could stride to the edge of the rooftop, careful to still keep out of sight of the group moving along the street below. Raising a hand, he casually moved his hair from his face, opening his arms wide in a welcoming gesture as Austin approached.

"Austin Zimmern," Cairus said, voice smooth and only just loud enough for the werewolf to hear. He smiled. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your...stalking?"

-------

Bored, Verity sped up slightly in order to walk by Ronan, jumping into their conversation with ease. "See, this is why I didn't choose to be a mage. It's too complicated." She grinned, flashing her teeth cheekily. "Sure, I get a lot of stick for being a thief, but heck, it's more fun than running out of energy all the time using magic."

Eyeing Verity suspiciously as she chirpily joined a conversation, Zoey felt the back of her neck tingle in fear, and she rubbed it absently, frowning at the sensation. There wasn't anything to fear here. Not yet, anyway. Once more, her thoughts drifted to Austin. Where was he? She didn't want to get to SteelHeart without him. He may not know where they were.
^ Click for my graphics ^

You’re so small in such a big world...

((Thanks. ^_^))

"Correction," Austin muttered, still trying to catch his breath. "Stalking would imply I was being stealthy, which I wasn't at all...Maybe to a human, I would have been, but to a vampire who could smell me a mile away and hear me coming, I don't think so." He bent over, extending his pointer finger to indicate Cairus to hold on one moment as he breathed deeply. "You...certainly didn't make it easy to catch up." He started to sniff. He could make out Zoey's scent...and it was pretty strong. She wasn't far away. So, Cairus was after her again?

"I...First of all, thank you for earlier. I don't know what I would have done if..." He trailed off. "Anyway, as for why I was chasing you, well, I just wanted to catch up, so to speak." He laughed at his own play on words, then stopped. "Anyway, I was curious. What are you doing here? And why did you cause a tremor just moments ago?"
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

for all

Joshua thought for a moment about the different variants of spell warriors, and his role as a mage himself. "Well, I guess their are really two kinds of spell-warrior. There's the guys who start out as powerful warriors, who then pick up moderate magic ability to aid them in combat, and the guys like me who start out as mages, but work their magic in a more combat oriented way that most mages would avoid." Joshua looked at Verity, laughing. "Being a mage isn't really all that hard once you know what you're doing. Mage is largely an umbrella term in this game if you ask me. That and rogue. A mage is simply someone who uses magic, but one can draw magic from a book, inert talent, the depths of death, the glory of life, the arcane...it's very hard to classify it all under one class. Just like rogues, more often than not a good rogue could be a good thief, and a good theif can be a good rogue. It's odd I guess...I haven't learned many new spells as of late, come to think of it. Come to think of it, most of my abilities seem to slowly drain mana away rather than burn it all at once." Joshua continued forward with a bit more haste. "How much magic have you picked up Ronan? You seem like a pretty accomplished Spell-Warrior, so I assume that you've got a decent mix of combat expertise and arcana knowledge."

"...A lot of questions," Cairus remarked, raising a hand and inspecting his very slightly earth-stained, pale fingers. "And do not thank me." He didn't say this out of modesty - there was the slightest, almost undetectable hint of a threat in his scarlet eyes. "What am I doing? I am standing upon a rooftop on the outskirts of Angmere, conversing with a...mutt."

Tilting his head slightly, Cairus smiled, knowing full well just how infuriating his avoidance of the actual question was. Well, he never lied, and he wasn't exactly going to reveal his true intentions to Austin.

"As for the tremor..." He closed his eyes, nodding his head in the direction of the group below them. "They needed some...encouragement to get moving, yes?"

The Heir to the Planet

Mariah was listening in on this conversation, "Or both, really. I've hear of a man who learned combat and magic at the exact same time."

Some smell reached Mariah, "Seyicer's almost here. I can smell my imps."

IN the distance, there was a shout, and three minutes later, Seyicer dashed through the city...

..followed by Mariah's Imps....

...followed by a giant bear...

A monumous bear laped at Seyicer, who had barely jumped in time.

Mariah drew the dagger from her sheath, and cried, "Impale!"

The bear stopped, motionless, as a spear-sized dagger pierced the bear.

Seyicer grimiced, and looked at the bear, "I ran into our mark while I was headed back here. It busted right through my magic...

The dagger returned to it's original form.

"Well, more money for us." MAriah said, and picked up the carrcass.

"I ran into some idiot who had set himself on firee... talk about strange."

The Real Human Being

((I'm not sure what I should do.....))

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

Verity's sudden entrance on the conversation seemed to live it up, and he wasn't going to complain about that. However, when Joshua directed a question to him, he wasn't quite ready for it. Yet he answered. "I'm afraid I hadn't picked much. I developed my warrior skills first, but when I tried to get some expertise in any magic of sorts, I faced a lot of difficulty. I spent a lot of time with no results. However, a pure mage woman helped me to get such skills after a very harsh training on the north. At that time I finally mastered the use of ice magic in combat. But... I don't have it anymore." He scratched his head, and his face had an annoyed expression. "Some things happened recently, involving another group of people, whose majority is currently in this group too." Ronan then looked over to Zoey and then the brothers. "It was when I first tried to summon. I must have broken a rule, or the creature I summoned had a grudge against me, but in the end, she drained this power from me... as well as all my levels." He sighed deeply, making a pause for it was horrible to his image to admit that in the midst of the crowd. "However, my appearance remains unchanged, and the skills I had with the sword are still with me, as far as I checked. At least that." He shook his head. "But I'm still going to recover that power somehow. Give or take a few hundred episodes." He smiled upon the end of the sentence as if it had been a joke.

He would have made a ruckus about the bear, but when he saw he was so easily dealt with, he stopped in his way of drawing his sword. After making small silence, he looked from Verity to Joshua. "So... Joshua. You said you were are a spell-warrior that was primarily a mage. Why did you make your magic so closely combat-oriented? No offense intended, you have this vibe of a lone wolf or hardened adventure. Maybe you wanted to solo more easily and that's the way you decided to follow?"

for all

Joshua smiled at he lone wolf comment, and he ignored the bear. "To be honest, I get that a lot...I didn't choose the arcane wind abilities I have, they kind of chose me. I've never been all that great at keeping with just one group, and the wind was the easiest way for me to get around from place to place and explore a bit. I figured there would be a lot of downtime between groups, so I decided to learn the ways of the warrior. Granted it somewhat stunted the typical mage growth of big spells that deal tons of damage...in return I revived amazing stability of my energy, control over the wind I never thought possible, and mastery of a weapon I thought I'd never use." He cracked his knuckles. "Fighting is something that anyone can be good at with enough strength, but if you add cunning, speed, and the arcane to that? You become a one man survivor. Fending off anyone who tries to get too close...the whole Cleric thing seems foreign to me to be honest with you. My fellow man is great and all, but why help him heal a wound when you can destroy whatever injured him?" His smile seemed different, almost one of extreme anticipation. "Besides, once we get close enough to SteelHart I'm going to finish my training and come full circle, and dabble in the limited art of the gunman-bowman. I'm gonna call this little Wind-Warrior-Desperado class "The Pathfinder". I'll basically have all my grounds covered at that point, but I'll still center around the power of the wind...all things considered, I may up and leave you guys after I'm all set. To answer your question...yeah, soloing or dynamic duos are what I usually do, but people say I'm not a bad leader when I need to be." His anticipated smile turned to one of sympathy. "That's a damn shame what happened to you though man, it seems so unfair that you lost your power. Ice is a potent magic too, a warrior like you with magic like that could really be something."

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

Ronan heard Joshua's narration with utmost interested and some admiration, since all he said made it clear how strong and hardened he was. Ronan was taken aback by his comment to the Clerics, as he deeply respected the capability of mending and healing, but he also admitted that in a world such as that, the ability to kill was far more important. He waited for Joshua to finished before we would comment on anything, though. "Think nothing of it, I'm getting over what happened, as unfair as it is. Aside from some fear of being a burden to the group, as I am low level now, I don't let it affect me. I'm more interested in your story. I mean, being powerful enough to hybridize abilities to this point is something really impressive! Don't you think so, Verity?" He added hastily, remembering she was nearby and might have been feeling a little left out of the conversation. This didn't prevent him from continuing on to ask something. "And I do agree with the people that said you can be the leader type, the way you tried to organize everyone into the expedition here. But I wonder, where are you going to fulfill your training? Are there specific places to train in SteelHeart too?" Ronan wondered how frequently he would find such facilities and academies (if they were that, of course). He might be in need of one to help him recover his ice control. But he doubted anything would come easy. Maybe he would have to travel north again and retake the training. But the thought of meeting with her again had been haunting him for some reason, to the point that he didn't intend to go anytime soon.

for all

Josh laughed "Pfft, I'm just a guy doing what he needs to do to enjoy himself and stay alive. It's not that hard to pick up another class if you're devoted enough and know the right places to go, and SteelHart...Well, look at the name. It's perfect for learning the art of the sword, or in my case the art of the revolver. There's these guys called gurus who are really good at certain skills, who teach guys like me the ropes of the class. Once you get the basics you can either pay them and learn more, or go out and learn on your own. Granted this guru is a literal gamble, from what I hear it's hard to get the old man to teach you anything without playing some games of chance...Even then, I hope my luck doesn't wear thin once I become "The Pathfinder". I need to find a special implement to avoid spreading my power too thin, and to stay true to my magic roots." He pointed his finger like a gun and fake shot a few times. "If my hunch is correct, you guys will lead me to that implement one way or another!" Joshua thought back to Ronan's question, and came to a...well, obvious realization. "Hey, what if we found you a mage guru who specialized in ice magic to get you started up again? Granted it'll take some walking around but if we go up north enough you'd be bound to find a good teacher!"

The brothers thought the group would be moving faster, but since they were just casually walking, the brothers decided to call away their hoverboards and began walking with the rest of the group. Jay and Jeremy were both really interested in the conversation Ronan and Joshua were having and were listening intently. They were quite excited when they heard that SteelHeart had plenty of gurus who could teach new skills to willing (and paying) adventurers. The brothers could definitely use some training. They had some skill in basic evasive maneuvers and can cast spells pretty well, but they were intrigued with just what was possible.
"'The Pathfinder', huh? Man, you sound like you have it made," Jay commented to Joshua, "You have a lot of skills under your belt and you are going to learn still more. It's quite amazing just how much potential our virtual personas have in this world."
"Hey Ronan, maybe there is a person in SteelHeart who could tell you exactly why that summon was able to take all of your levels," Jeremy said encouragingly, "I would sure like to know myself." Speaking of SteelHeart, the brothers were wondering just how far away the place was.
100% pure Joy.

for all

((I am in this adventure way too much do do doo))

Joshua looked back at the brothers with a thumbs up. "No reason you guys can't master as much as you can too! Heck I only pick up the slack because I need to, if you guys really wanted you could become super-classes!" He Smiled wide. "Although if you do, I expect you to tell everyone I thought you everything you know, got me?" Joshua liked this group, and as much as it pained him to admit it, he was considering sticking around longer than he thought he would.To get his mind off of things, he pulled out the map to check their progress.

"Hmm, alright then, we seem to be nearing a small bandit outpost, nothing major though, and if we're lucky they may have been stealing from SteelHart and we can pick up a few things before we even get there. Even better still, we can see each other in action!" He pumped his fist. "Well I hope you all enjoyed our quiet walk through the forest, because in a few minutes we'll be fighting together for the first time!" 'Maybe this will take my mind off of that treasure and sticking around.

((I feel as though I'm leading the adventure when I shouldn't be.))

The Heir to the Planet

Seyicer nodded. "It's exciting... but when I say move out of the way... MOVE OUT OF THE WAY! I can't garuntee your safety otherwise.

MAriah piqued up, "Someone will need to guard me If I need to summon."

Seyicer looked upset, "But I wanna fight."

"DId I ask what you wanted?" MAriah said.
"Do you need too, princess?"
"YOu're asking for it." MAriah teased.
"Oh, I'm so scared. 'save me' please."

"Why you-." MAriah said, and began chasing Seyicer.
Page 4 of 6 [ 204 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay