Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 3 of 3[ 94 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: Horror On the Orient Express (Starting and Closed)Topic%20Title

My name is Judge.

Rodger pondered for a moment. "Hmm... not likely, and the chances of one, them being all in the same area, on the same night; two the chances of them all being killed, and in the same way... it's just... preposterous. I suspect something foul... and... the Professor... I hope he's alright... and Beddows as well. They were the only people each other had."

He sighed. "I think we should head out, if we delay any longer, I fear Julius may begin to worry about us."

Audere est facere.

Drew nodded in response to Rodger. "Indeed," she replied in agreement. "I doubt if we can make much sense of it now, clueless as we are, so the best thing to do is to head out. We can continue our discussion on the way, as well. I suggest we all pack up, meet up at the buffet for a short breakfast, and proceed to the address the professor gave us."
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

"Too Awesome to Die"

After much discussion, the group finally leaves, only seen by the gaslights lining the street and the pale moon through the London fog. Eventually the number of gaslights decreases as you near the cheaper side of town, somewhere where you know Smith would never go. Eventually you find the adress, an one room apartment in an undistiguished building. As you approach, Beddows nervously opens the door and beckons you in.

Inside Smith sits in a chair in the darkened room. The drapes are pulled shut and you can barely see him. As you approached, he speaks in a rough voice, "Friends, you are finally here... Sit, please." When you get close you can finally see how horrible the burns on his face are.
Child of Lida_Rose and Aliucon. Married to yuzikichan0! Father of Ha³ and Apollo72.

I'ma gonna blow you out of the water.

Rich looked on in shock at his injured friend. Finally snapping out of the pseudo-trance he'd been in, he rushed over to Julius. "Julius! Who the hell did this to you?"
Fanfiction~Yotube

Thanks go to Floran and TheBaronAndEma for the siggy and avy respectively.
They rock, so go request something from them!

Audere est facere.

Drew sat on the hard, wooden chair, barely seeing the professor's silhouette in the darkness of the apartment as he ushered them each to a seat around a circular table. As he neared, the scarce amount of light that passed through the opened door illuminated his face just enough to let Drew see the horrid burns he had on his face, matched by a stern, cold look. "Julius...what happened?" she asked, her face pale. The kindly professor had never once looked so desolate, as he was always the 'life of the party', and, even in sad times, had something to smile about. Drew swore to herself that whoever had done this to her friend would pay for his actions.
Bummer.

"Too Awesome to Die"

"I..." He coughed, "I was attacked by some Arabs. But enough about me... This will get long, but important. You might want to take some notes."

Spoiler: What Professor Smith Says
Thank God you have come. Because of my injuries, I cannot bear to talk for long, so please listen, and Beddows will answer questions for me."

"I have been on the trail of an occult artifact of great malevolence, the Sedefkar Sumulacrum. This is, indeed the artifacts I was telling you about the night of the banquet. It is a statue, a source of great magical power. Evil power."

"At the end of the eighteenth century it was taken apart, and the pieces scattered across Europe. I planned to take you with me to retrieve the peices and destroy it."

"Last night Beddows and I were attacked in our home by Turkish madmen. I think they too seek the simulacrum, but for foul purposes. We barricaded ourselves indoors, so they tried to burn us alive, but we got away. I am afriad to come out of hiding, for these men would stop at nothing. Beddows has a plan for us to escape, but the less said of that the better."

"My notes were destroyed in the fire, unless the Turks have them. They must not be allowed to recover the statue. I ask you, my friends, to collect it before they can reach it."

"Here is what I remember of my researches:

"Paris was where the statue was dismembered. The owner was a noble, Comte Fenalik, who lost it just prior to the French Revolution. Some part of it may still be in France."

"Napoleon's soldiers carried a piece into Venice when they invaded that city. It was sold to Alvise de Gremanci."

"ANother fragment made its way to Triest at the same time. I don't know what became of it, but look up Johann Winckelmann at the museum there.

I think there may be a piece in Serbia. Start at the Belgrade Museum, Dr. Milovan Todorovic is the curator."

"One part was lost near Sofia during the Bulgarian War in 1875. At that time things of value were hidden from the invaders, so it may be buried somewhere."

"The final piece was in circulation in Paris just after the Great War, and was sold to someone from Milan. I don't know who."

"That is all I can tell you. You must try to collect it. When you have it, there is only one sure way to destroy it, and destroy it you must. You must. Take it back to its original home, a place in Constantinople known as the Shunned Mosque. There are niches there, in which it once lay. A ritual which will destroy it utterly is included in a set of documents known as the Sedefkar Scrolls, but I have been unable to consult them."

"I'm sorry, my friends. For you, for me, for us all. Please do this for me. Go. Go quickly. God help you."

His voice is all but gone. He coughs. Beddows hands him a glass, from which the man sips. Beddows helps him up and carries him to a bed, then falls back onto the pillow, eyes closed.

Beddows eyes are downcast. He silently opens a cupboard, and extracts a briefcase. Within are 200 new Bank of England 5 pound notes, one thousand pounds sterling. He hands over the case.

"Gentlemen, my master is in mean circumstances by choice, to evade those wicked men. He wishes to contribute to your success, and desires no accounting. Before this dreadful attack, he had planned to travel via the Simplon-Orient Express. The Orient Express services offer the finest, fastest, and most reliable rail transport on the Continent. And my master is accustomed to comfort."

"I highly reccomend you leave to Paris as soon as possible. That being said, if you wish to do any research in the British Museum's library, I'm sure you can use Proffessor Smith's name to get in there."
Child of Lida_Rose and Aliucon. Married to yuzikichan0! Father of Ha³ and Apollo72.

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

Willow remained silent but in what light was left, anyone could see that her face was pale upon seeing the professor. Inside her mind was a raging turmoil of thoughts, rage, sorrow, and defiance.

Why would they do this to him?! She seethed inside as she took notes of what the professor said about the artifact.

"Now... I fear and hope... this will go well..." Willow glanced at the briefcase. "If not... well... I wouldn't dwell on that thought. Should we do as Beddows has suggested to us?" She stowed the notepad into her jacket pocket and chewed on her pen.
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

My name is Judge.

Rodger breathed shakily. He wasn't accustomed to something like this, seeing his close friend in a state such as it was... it disturbed him. But he nodded, with a pale look on his face. And spoke tremulously.

"A... aye. We should definitely go take care of this... for Julius."

He stepped into the back of the room and took a large swig from a flask he carried on his person. Something he whipped up that morning from the hotels drinks.

Hands shaking, Rich lit a cigarette to help him calm his nerves. After taking a long slow drag he began to speak, trying to ignore the audible tremor in his voice. "We need to do this... for Julius. We owe it to the guy: he's affected all of us for the better, and if we don't help him... well, then, what kind of friends are we? But we'll need a lot of background information, as well as figure out how we're gonna get from place to place. I've got a FEW connections, but certainly not enough to get me hopping everywhere. I'm hoping you guys know a couple of people?"
Fanfiction~Yotube

Audere est facere.

Drew was left quite speechless for a while, but slowly nodded in agreement. Speaking weakly at first, she said, "We'll have to get this artifact before anyone else, not only for the professor, but for the sake of us all. Who knows what the Turks would do, wielding such unimaginable power..." She stopped, trying to keep herself from even thinking about the destruction that kind of power may bring.

Reassuring herself, she continued, "As for contacts....I have a friend in Paris who is also a renowned historian and collector of art and artifacts, he may know what to look for. I haven't seen him in a while, though, so I can't guarantee anything."
Bummer.

angel_of_nature wrote:
Drew was left quite speechless for a while, but slowly nodded in agreement. Speaking weakly at first, she said, "We'll have to get this artifact before anyone else, not only for the professor, but for the sake of us all. Who knows what the Turks would do, wielding such unimaginable power..." She stopped, trying to keep herself from even thinking about the destruction that kind of power may bring.

Reassuring herself, she continued, "As for contacts....I have a friend in Paris who is also a renowned historian and collector of art and artifacts, he may know what to look for. I haven't seen him in a while, though, so I can't guarantee anything."

Rich nodded. "That's good. We can't start our search without knowing what to look for. Besides, we can always start our search there. However," Rich began to pace around the room, "I'm not so sure about how we can defend ourselves against these Turks. If they attacked the professor, it's highly likely that they'll attack us. Well, we can think about that later. Right now, we need to start our search early, to avoid detection."
Fanfiction~Yotube

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

((AAAAAHHHHH I FORGOT ABOUT THISSSS D: Sorry I missed so much guys...I didn't mean too. :sadshoe: Can someone update me breifly on what happened so I can get back in ASAP?))

Audere est facere.

Romeo wrote:
((AAAAAHHHHH I FORGOT ABOUT THISSSS D: Sorry I missed so much guys...I didn't mean too. :sadshoe: Can someone update me breifly on what happened so I can get back in ASAP?))

((Well, we all went to an apartment where Smith and Beddows were, and...well, you can read Elias's latest post for more information.))
Bummer.

"Too Awesome to Die"

((Basically here's what happened so far. You're at the banquet, and you listen to Julius's speech. Afterward he asked for you to help him move an artifact from Turkey, and said he needed a few days to finalize the details. Then his house blew up. Beddows and Julius are now talking to you about this mystical object you have to travel through Europe to find. Then Julius passed out and Beddows gave you a metric f***ton of cash.))
Page 3 of 3 [ 94 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay