Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 1 of 3[ 94 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Horror On the Orient Express (Starting and Closed)Topic%20Title

"Too Awesome to Die"

"My Good Friend,

I have great news! As I told you last time, I was nominated to speak at the Challenger Lecture. Well, I was officially chosen to speak this year! This is a great honor, since only speakers with revolutionary ideas are chosen by the group. I hope you are willing to join me in this honor. With the letter is an invitation to get you into the lecture hall. I know you are busy and that London is a bit of a trip, but I pray that you come. I have a big favor that you and the rest of our friends need to do for me. I can't talk of the details now, but if you come you'll be taken care of as I finalize the details.

Your friend,
Professor Julius Smith
"

Julius sealed the letter and placed it with the rest, waiting for the postman. He took a puff of his pipe and turned to his notes. The threat on his life was clear, but he needed to go through with it.
--------------------

In Horror on the Orient Express, you play as a group of average people living in the 1920's on vacation to see your friend Julius Smith speak. But through a series of events you find yourself thrust into an adventure across Europe and into the middle east as you face an impossible threat to the whole of humanity itself. Supernatural horrors will attack you from both sides, and your health and sanity will be in danger. But you must, for if you don't all is lost.

Character Form

Name:
Occupation: (Be realistic. No super-spies or all-knowing gypsy mediums)
Apperance:
Personality:

Roleplaying Rules:
1. You're average people facing a supernatural threat. But you're rational people. Even the least skeptic person on the Earth will rationalize things he can't comprehend when faced with them. To paraphrase Itsuki Koizumi, "Ms. Suzumiya believes in the supernatural, but she is still a rational person and knows it doesn't exist deep down inside."

2. You're average people facing a supernatural threat. Your sanity won't stay in tact with some of the threats you will face. So as you play, you might gain short bouts of insanity. I will base this based off of your character's personality, how you reacted in character, and a little bit of chance.
Child of Lida_Rose and Aliucon. Married to yuzikichan0! Father of Ha³ and Apollo72.

Last edited by Inquisitor Amakiir on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Re: Horror On the Orient Express (5 Openings)Topic%20Title

"Too Awesome to Die"

Plot summary

In Horror on the Orient Express, you and your friends have gathered to celebrate your friend's accomplishment. After a joyous meeting and much celebrating, a horrible accident prevents him from going on a quest to gather the pieces of a magical artifact and destroy them. Now he sends your friends on a quest to do what he could not.

He gives you tickets to travel the Orient Express, a train known to be synonamous with luxury. At the stops you come across you will find threats trying to keep you from your goal, each pitted against you and the others. But as your research and investigation leads you to the truth, you just might save the day.

Accepted Characters

Spoiler: percei
Name: Rodger Hugo
Apperance: A simple, pleasent looking man. A mop of hair hides green eyes and a goatee adorns his face. There are a few scars on his face. He usually dress formally and tends to lean towards waistcoats with pleated pants. A bit of a tinkerer, he carries around a complex pocket watch that contains a compass and an astrolabe.
Personality: Rodger is known for his quiet composure. He never says much but he can be very verbose on paper. He has gained a reputation as a bit of a modern day sage, listening to the tales of travellers who stop at the inn he works at and offering advice to them. He does have a jealous streak that has worked against him in the events of finding a wife.

Spoiler: Dawn
Name: Willow Truise
Appearance: About 5"0, Willow has long brown hair, with a slight blue highlight from an incident with her hair stylist. It is temporary. She also has hazel colored eyes and somewhat tanned skin from standing in the sun too long. Willow is prone to wearing a cotton jacket over a shirt and trousers, instead of the typical fashion of dresses that were common in the era. Since she is a freelance journalist, Willow always carries a notepad and a fountain pen in her pockets.
Personality: Easy-going and carefree, she has a kind demeanor that makes people spill their life story to her. She is somewhat talkative, and people usually are content to just listen to Willow speaking her mind. Willow is calm in a bad situation, having been in many during her career as a journalist. She is also stubborn when she wants to and will not budge from a decision.

Spoiler: Angel of Nature
Name: Drew Colin
Apperance: 5'7", with short, light brown hair, light complexion, and amethyst eyes. Wears a thin mahogany-colored sweater, black slacks and brings her white labcoat. Is often mistaken for a young man.
Personality: Serious, outgoing, rather clumsy except during operations. Has a dignified air, and is a bit overconfident at times. A close friend of Professor Smith during their college years. Has a fear of heights and confrontations about her past.

Spoiler: Crimson Blaze
Name: Richard Brooks (a.k.a Rich)

Appearance: Around 5'11, short brown hair tied back (but around shoulder length), and a fair complexion with stormy gray eyes. He usually just wears a white button-down shirt, with black slacks and matching leather shoes, as well as your usual brown long coat. He usually has a cigarette hanging from her mouth.

Personality: Richard is usually quick to anger, although this is tampered slightly when he's sucking on a cigarette. He's a straight-laced person who won't take no for an answer, and trusts only in facts and his own senses. Basically, if he doesn't know about it and he can't sense it, it isn't real. He and Smith went to the same boarding school for their elementary and high school years, where he defended the meeker boy from bullies. They shared a close bond, with Smith's excitement and fantastic ideas at balance with his own no-nonsense personality, and to still kept in touch up to this day.

Spoiler: Romeo
Name: Dominic Merryweather
Occupation: Dominic is a Carpenter. He builds his own furniture, and sells some things he makes as well.
Apperance: Reasonably tall, perhaps 6ft, and a slightly above average build. His hair is dark brown, fading to grey at some areas. He tends to wear messy clothes during his work, but for special occasions he wears a dark green suit with a white shirt and green tie.
Personality: He is very forward, stating his opinions as he sees fit. He tends not to think about others when he talks, and doesn't consider other peoples feelings. This has left him a very lonely person. He also loves to be in control. If he is in a position where he feels he is hopeless, then he starts to get upset.

Child of Lida_Rose and Aliucon. Married to yuzikichan0! Father of Ha³ and Apollo72.

Last edited by Inquisitor Amakiir on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.

My name is Judge.

Name: Rodger Hugo
Apperance: A simple, pleasent looking man. A mop of hair hides green eyes and a goatee adorns his face. There are a few scars on his face. He usually dress formally and tends to lean towards waistcoats with pleated pants. A bit of a tinkerer, he carries around a complex pocket watch that contains a compass and an astrolabe.
Personality: Rodger is known for his quiet composure. He never says much but he can be very verbose on paper. He has gained a reputation as a bit of a modern day sage, listening to the tales of travellers who stop at the inn he works at and offering advice to them. He does have a jealous streak that has worked against him in the events of finding a wife.

prosecution ace

name:Nigel Billings
appearence:Has a kind hearted look on his face. His hair is a very plain shade of black with a pair of dark blue eyes. He also has problems with seeing so he has to wear glasses.He wears a blue buiseness suit, and black shoes.He likes to read so he carrys a book in a secret pokect in his suit.
personality:Nigel is well knowen for being cool and collective about almost anything. He enjoys to talk to ppl, and tends to sell them something in the end. He likes sports, but sadly hes quite to sickly to play them.His sometimes overly curiose nature tends to make ppl hate him, and sadly makes him a bad sales man.

Last edited by theprosecutor on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Too Awesome to Die"

Okay, I will be accepting Rodger Hugo. It's a very plesant and realistic character, well written.

As for Nigel...

Your spelling isn't too good, you have no spaces after punctuations, you have no CAPS at all, and your character's hair is like some anime character (unrealistic in a realistic world).

While I realize beggers can't be choosers (IE you're the only two I have so far), I still like my games to have good grammar. I'm sorry.

Plus you used chat speak in an RP topic. Unless you're using the various forms of laughing or texting in an RP, that's my pet peeve. I'm sorry.
Re: Horror On the Orient Express (4 Openings)Topic%20Title

Audere est facere.

*sigh* If only high school hasn't made my life a whirlpool of long tests, projects and sumbission dates, I'd have loved to experience this kind of RP again...not that any of the others even got to a very far point. Still, I wish this thread luck, and hopefully, I shall get to be back by the Christmas break. 'Til then, farewell.
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

Name: Willow Truise
Appearance: About 5"0, Willow has long brown hair, with a slight blue highlight from an incident with her hair stylist. It is temporary. She also has hazel colored eyes and somewhat tanned skin from standing in the sun too long. Willow is prone to wearing a cotton jacket over a shirt and trousers, instead of the typical fashion of dresses that were common in the era. Since she is a freelance journalist, Willow always carries a notepad and a fountain pen in her pockets.
Personality: Easy-going and carefree, she has a kind demeanor that makes people spill their life story to her. She is somewhat talkative, and people usually are content to just listen to Willow speaking her mind. Willow is calm in a bad situation, having been in many during her career as a journalist. She is also stubborn when she wants to and will not budge from a decision.
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

"Too Awesome to Die"

angel_of_nature wrote:
*sigh* If only high school hasn't made my life a whirlpool of long tests, projects and sumbission dates, I'd have loved to experience this kind of RP again...not that any of the others even got to a very far point. Still, I wish this thread luck, and hopefully, I shall get to be back by the Christmas break. 'Til then, farewell.

Awww... You were one of the fun people...

On the upside I decided to take away the rolling part so this one is a bit easier. When you get back, I might leave an opening (depending on how long I have with only one spot open) since I can play this with only four people.

That being said, Willow, welcome to the team. You and Percei feel free to discuss your characters' relationship (when I say relationship I mean just in general how your characters feel about each other. You kinda at least have to either be friends or at least trust each other.)

But one thing Dawn: You said Willow was 5 foot even on your sheet. Did you mean 5'10", cause that is a bit short...

@Amakiir, (btw, did you find your account again?) Five even. I know it's short... but I think I'll prefer it that way.

"Too Awesome to Die"

Yup, I realized I was still using my old username assuming it hadn't changed. But I realized that a while, back, but didn't realize I kept accidentally using _ instead of a space.

As for 5 even, just making sure. Mostly because I say 5 even rather then 5' 0".
Re: Horror On the Orient Express (3 Openings)Topic%20Title

Audere est facere.

((The temptation is killing me. Alright, I've decided to join, but I can't promise constant posting. I may reply....once or twice per day on average, unless I'm already on vacation. Hope this goes quite well.

Name: Drew Colin
Apperance: 5'7", with short, light brown hair, light complexion, and amethyst eyes. Wears a thin mahogany-colored sweater, black slacks and brings her white labcoat. Is often mistaken for a young man.
Personality: Serious, outgoing, rather clumsy except during operations. Has a dignified air, and is a bit overconfident at times. A close friend of Professor Smith during their college years. Has a fear of heights and confrontations about her past. Can speak fluent English and French, and can read Greek.

Good enough?))
Bummer.

Last edited by AoN on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Too Awesome to Die"

Well, Drew, welcome to the team.

Two more openings. Depending on if we don't get any more people, we might start soon. Invite people if you think they might be interested.

Also, another small thing I want your characters to do: Does your character speak any languages besides English? This doesn't have to go on your sheets, but I just wanna make sure that when you're in all the other countries you can talk.

I would say... eh... just a bit of Chinese, German, and Spanish. Not enough to actually be understandable, but just words. Anyhow, I will be less active this week due to summer ensemble. :P

So where do we start?

"Too Awesome to Die"

When we start, you'll be at Julius's speech. You'll listen to the speech, talk with him a little, and we'll go from there.
Re: Horror On the Orient Express (Starting w/ 2 Openings)Topic%20Title

"Too Awesome to Die"

Spoiler: What you know about your friend Julius Smith
Julius Arthur Smith, Litt.D., Ph.D., is 54, a heavyset Englishman, a scholar who now devotes himself entirely to research. He is famed for his whiskers and his great curling mustache that give him the air of a friendly walrus. His disgusting preferences in tobaccos (especially his favorite, a foul, obsidian-hued Balkan Sobranje), his erudite after-dinner stories, and his hearty laugh are trademarks.
Dr. Smith has lived and travelled extensively on the Continent. His specialties are European languages and archeology; his Litt.D. was conferred by the University of Vienna. In the past, he has aided you in rendering difficult translations. Now his interests have shifted to matters parapsychological, with excellent results.
The professor maintains a town house in St. John's Woods, where he resides in London. At present it is undergoing renovations, to enlarge his library, and so you must all stay at a hotel during your stay in London.
When in London, Smith spends most of his time lecturing at the University of London or reading at the British Museum Library. His country home is an estate not far from Cambridge. Margaret, his wife, died four years ago in 1919. These days his manservant Beddows, who is at once friend, assistant, and confidant, is his only companion.

It's a cold evening on February 4th, 1923. The sun set early, at it does in Europe this time of year. A beautiful snowfall turns the ground into a plain of white. Despite the infamous London smog, the snow is pure white. The quiet of the setting outside the window of the hall is surreal. But the inside of the Challenger Lecture Hall is filled with a jolly, joyous ruckus as people drink fine wine, eat from a buffet of fine foods, and chat about life and the lecture which will start in a few minutes. Life is good and peaceful. You feel as though nothing could ruin the moment.

Around a table is a group of friends invited here by the speaker, a Professor Julius Smith.

My name is Judge.

((Rodger is an American, but speaks a little French and Italian, in no way fluent, but enough simple phrases to get by.))

Rodger smiled, nodded, and laughed occasionally but offered little to the conversation of his acquaintances around him. This was normal. Rodger was anything but a conversationalist. He ate his food and enjoyed the company of the friends of his friend, but he couldn't help feel out of place. Without a doubt he was here for entirely different reasons.

Rodger being an innkeeper and bartender at an inn in Stratford-upon-Avon, he saw a large amount of travelers pass through. Some just on a journey and stopping to rest, some staying to see the birthplace of the Bard. For some reason, be it the atmosphere created by Rodger and his business partner, many people seemed to release inner problems and deep emotions, and Rodger has been able to soothe many a person. Learning from his travels before settling down in England, he's been to India and China and received lessons from monks and spiritualists.

It was in one such situation that Rodger met Julius. He had stopped for the night on the way to London. He came down to the bar and struck up a rare conversation with Rodger. The man was too charismatic and wouldn't give in until Rodger and them traded words. Soon he informed Rodger of some small marital problems and how these bothered him. Rodger offered some words of wisdom and some soothing advice. Julius left but Rodger had had a profound effect on the man. A few weeks later Rodger received a letter from Julius explaining how his advice had worked and he and his wife were as happy as their honeymoon.

After this the two quickly became friends and traded letters ceaselessly. Rodger had occasionally visited Julius and in turn met the people now sitting around him. Unfortunately his quiet nature had only allowed these people to know little about the man, and as it would seem, Julius may be the only person who knows Rodger well. And so it was. He was excited for the speech, but couldn't help feel that eyes were often on him hoping he would say something.

I'ma gonna blow you out of the water.

If it's possible, can I join in as well?

Name: Richard Brooks (a.k.a Rich)

Appearance: Around 5'11, short brown hair tied back (but around shoulder length), and a fair complexion with stormy gray eyes. He usually just wears a white button-down shirt, with black slacks and matching leather shoes, as well as your usual brown long coat. He usually has a cigarette hanging from her mouth.

Personality: Richard is usually quick to anger, although this is tampered slightly when he's sucking on a cigarette. He's a straight-laced person who won't take no for an answer, and trusts only in facts and his own senses. Basically, if he doesn't know about it and he can't sense it, it isn't real. He and Smith went to the same boarding school for their elementary and high school years, where he defended the meeker boy from bullies. They shared a close bond, with Smith's excitement and fantastic ideas at balance with his own no-nonsense personality, and to still kept in touch up to this day.
Fanfiction~Yotube

Thanks go to Floran and TheBaronAndEma for the siggy and avy respectively.
They rock, so go request something from them!

Last edited by CrimsonBlaze on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Audere est facere.

((Edited my above post. And welcome aboard, Rich! (By the way, is he female? XD) Guess I'll start before the day ends...))

Drew Colin sat at the table of the Challenger Lecture Hall, sipping a glass of wine and laughing along as the small conversation progressed. Looking out the fog-covered window, she saw the dreary outline of a lamppost along a street, all obscured by the swirls of February snow. Adding in a bit of conversation from time to time, Drew enjoyed small parties of sorts, and waited eagerly for what is to come.

Like all others gathered before her in the room that night, she had been invited by a close friend and past colleague, Professor Julius Smith. As a student of medicine in the University of London, Drew had met the good professor, becoming both a pupil of his in learning new languages, and a friend both in her college years and after.

As a surgeon, Drew has had many friends and contacts in the past, yet Professor Smith was one who had a great impact on her life, and upon receiving the invitation to come to this event, she immediately accepted. Thus do we find a young female surgeon in the Challenger Lecture Hall, anxiously awaiting the host of the show, and sensing more to this than meets the eye.
Bummer.

Last edited by AoN on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

(Haha, whoops, sorry about that. I was originally gonna have a female character but decided to change it, but I guess I forgot to change that part. My bad...)
Fanfiction~Yotube

"Too Awesome to Die"

(Welcome aboard Rich! Be sure to get started on your intro post.)
Re: Horror On the Orient Express (Starting w/ 1 Opening)Topic%20Title

Richard Brooks was getting impatient. Of course, he usually was quick-tempered, but this time he was seriously getting miffed. Instead of being out on the field investigating, or even just dragging on a cigarette, here he was with these namby-pamby scientists who had just about as much real-life experience as a child, living with their heads in the clouds. If it had been anyone else who'd invited him, Rich would have bolted at the first chance. But, since it was for Julius...

Julius, his best and, sad to say only friend. He'd been a dreamer as well, and Rich just couldn't count how many times he'd had to save his friend from a major beating. Still, Julius was the only one who was willing to stick around him and calm his temper, and so they became fast friends. The friendship had even lasted past their high school years, as the two continued to trade letters on their ups and downs.

But it still came as a shock when Rich received a letter filled with his friend's excited ramblings about his speech. Of course, since Julius had supported him so many times in the past, he had quite an obligation to his friend to support him as well. And now here he was, stuck with a bunch of good-for-nothing intellectuals. Luckily, they probably thought him too dumb to live and ignored him, so he simply sipped his wine and watched the snow fall on the windowsill, wondering when in the world the speech would begin.
Fanfiction~Yotube

((Time for post!))

Willow silently tapped her pen against the table as she listened to the conversation between those that her friend, Julius invited, and Julius himself. She preferred not to speak, especially when there is information to be gleaned from them, but Willow rang in with her opinion. Occasionally. Some of the people sitting around the table, she recognized through the proverbial grapevine that is the press. As Willow listened, she stored the information as any good journalist would. Of course, like the people at the table, Willow wondered when will Julius announce and give his speech? As she wondered, her thoughts strayed to how she met Julius... and the circumstances leading up to the fated letter...

Now... how did she get to that table at which Julius was speaking? The answer lies therein in the past, several days ago, when a letter arrived on her doorstep in the suburbs of London. Opening it, Willow discovered that it was from a friend that she had met when they both attended a conference on political matters. She and Julius had bumped into each other, and started discussing the situation that the politician on the podium had presented to the audience, and as they further talked, the two both realized that both had information and that knowledge was power. Thus began an exchange of letters that lasted for a year...

((OOC: Oh shoot, I'm sorry, I didn't realize Julius was 54. Can you make my guy 54 as well? Thank you!))
Fanfiction~Yotube

"Too Awesome to Die"

As the group talks, drinks and dines, a tall figure in a suit gets up onto the stage. He gives an air of authority, if not a tad intimidating. He smiles at the crowd, clears his throat to make sure everyone is paying attention, then speaks.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Challenger Trust Lecture Banquet." There is a slight applause, "As you all may know, the point of the Challenger Lecture is to put out exciting new scientific ideas. When selecting speakers, us members of the trust board like to select speakers of sound mind, clear thought, and original ideas... Really, we just say, 'Wow us.'" Laughter fills the room, only to fade away again. "But let us cut to the chase. Here, to blow our minds with his new ideas, I present to you Julius Smith!" There is applause as Julius walk up from the table and heads towards the stage.

"Thank you, thank you." He says as he does a quick check to see if all his notes are there, "Before I begin, I would like to point out a few friends of mine that I invited here. Mr. Rodger Hugo, you might recognize him from one of the inns if you've been down to the birthplace of the bard. A good man, and for all you ladies, he is still single. Eh, Drew... Willow.. Eh? Anyways, next we have Ms. Drew Colin, a brilliant surgeon and an ex student of mine. Richard Brooks, a childhood friend of mine and private investigator. And last but not least, Ms. Willow Truise is a freelance journalist."

After introducing his friends, he begins by talking about his experience (which is what gave him his reputation) as a debunker of spiritualists, mediums, fortune tellers, apparitions, and so on. He is a droll and entertaining man, who recounts with relish the clever deciets (and his cleverer exposures) of charlatans and pretenders. Laughter is general and ongoing.

Smith states that money is not usually the motive for the misrepresentation of powers or events; more common is reputation or the defense of spiritual beliefs. From here he continues on to talk about three different, but believable events: The Poltergeist, The traveller who finds himself suddenly miles or years from where he was, and The Haunting. Tonight, he speaks of the Haunting.

He speaks of how Hauntings aren't ghosts because hauntings could be nonliving things such as buildings, boats, horse and buggies, and the like. He then goes to show three examples: A woman from Norway, a London horse and buggy, and a Breton fishing boat. He continues on about the details of what defines a Haunting, about how the thing in question disappeared rather then dying or being destroyed (as evidenced by thorough research) and other such facts.

He then concludes on how he believes that this my lead to alternate dimensions. Mysterious disappearances may involve these alternate dimensions, and we see the echoes. "The simile I may use is that the objects are like a coin which has fallen underneath the floorboards in an old house. The hauntings are like the occasional glinting of the coin we see." He says a few closing remarks and, with much applause, leaves the stage and heads back to the table.

Audere est facere.

As Professor Smith was introduced, Drew applauded with the rest of the audience gathered to the lecture, and again as he stepped onto the stage. She then laughed, amused at the remark about Mr. Rodger Hugo, whom Smith introduced, and nodded in recognition once she was introduced, also taking note of the comments he has given about the three others seated at the table. "So, Mr. Hugo is a bartender from Stratford-upon-Avon...Mr. Brooks, a PI...And Miss Truise a journalist," the young surgeon thought, glancing at them.

Drew continued to listen intently as the professor discussed about spiritual apparitions, focusing mainly on the topic of hauntings as being not ghosts, but glimpses of alternate dimensions. Then, as he ended his lecture, she, as well as the rest, applauded once more, Smith taking his seat at their table. Awaiting further instructions or announcements, Drew then took another sip of wine, glancing once more at the frosted glass window.
Bummer.

Audere est facere.

((It's been almost three days. Where's everyone?))
Bummer.

(( Probably busy, I guess...)

As soon as Rich heard the first words of Julius' speech, he started to grin. His friend had always been obsessed with the occult, or more specifically disproving it. Whether it be foiling a seance, or turning the tables on a fake "seer", he and Julius had always tried to get rid of all the phonies who tried to peddle smoke and mirrors. And now here he was, doing that for a living. It was certainly a sight to see.

When his friend sat at the table, Rich raised a glass up and clinked it. "Here's to a man who removes all the smoke, mirrors and shams from life. A man who followed his dreams and worked his ass off to get here. Here's to you, Julius Smith!"
Fanfiction~Yotube

((Sorry guys, forgot to reply.))

Willow scribbled down certain major points from Julius's speech and clapped at the end. He still has the ideas from before. She thought to herself as she mulled over the points he presented to them. And ever the rational man too. He must be very stubborn in his theories about the supernatural. I like to say this, but Julius is certainly a man to be admired.

At the very end of his speech, she noticed that one of the men was starting to toast to his friend, and Willow followed his example.

"To a man, who worked for life, and for logic to best trickery. Congratulations, Julius, my friend." She said as she toasted her friend.

My name is Judge.

((I'm still watching, I just haven't found a good opportunity for an in character post))

"Too Awesome to Die"

Julius smiles as he raises his glass with toasts. "Thank you. You guys are too kind." He took a sip of his wine, then looked down at the glass, contemplating something. He swirled the glass around for a minute. Then he finally spoke up.

"I assume you all remember the favor I asked about in the letter. Well I can't give you all the details here but..." He looked around the room, "As you may know I don't do my work only in England. I go across various parts of Europe. And I've found various occult artifacts. While I do have permisson from certain circles in the country most of the people don't like the removal of their stuff. I need some help smuggling a few artifacts out of Europe. It is perfectly legal, but I don't want to get stuck in sticky situations, at least on my own. I still need to finalize the details, but It'll be a pretty big trek. I hope you can come with me."

Rich looked down thoughtfully at his glass. "Artifacts, huh?" Swilling the contents of his glass slowly, he took a drink and replied, "Well... it's not like I had anything better to do. It's been slow in the P.I. business, and it could get pretty interesting if we did get caught... Hmmm...." A smirk appeared on his lips. "Alright, fine, I'm in. When do we start this little trek of yours?"
Fanfiction~Yotube

My name is Judge.

Rodger smiled with his ever knowing eponymous smile. This would be an adventure. He nodded to his close friend and spoke, for the first time that night,

"I've been in need of an adventure since I settled down. Surely Ian can handle the inn while I'm away."

Rodger was speaking of his business partner and good friend Ian Gothelo. He assumed the man could handle the job. Little did he know the state his inn would be in at the end of his long, arduous journey. Little did he know how long and arduous the coming journey would be.

"I'll go send him a telegram, and I'll be back soon."

Rodger stood up and talked into the lobby to do so.

Audere est facere.

Drew raised her glass to the professor as well, following Mr. Brooks' and Ms. Truise's lead. "To a teacher of old, and a friend for life," she exclaimed, smiling. Then, as Smith finished explaining his other reason for needing the four of them on his quest for various occult artifacts, Drew responded, "I suppose since I am on leave for two weeks or so, I'd be very much obliged to take this offer. When will it start?"
Bummer.

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

((This looks like a different RP. I shall join.))

Name: Dominic Merryweather
Occupation: Dominic is a Carpenter. He builds his own furniture, and sells some things he makes as well.
Apperance: Reasonably tall, perhaps 6ft, and a slightly above average build. His hair is dark brown, fading to grey at some areas. He tends to wear messy clothes during his work, but for special occasions he wears a dark green suit with a white shirt and green tie.
Personality: He is very forward, stating his opinions as he sees fit. He tends not to think about others when he talks, and doesn't consider other peoples feelings. This has left him a very lonely person. He also loves to be in control. If he is in a position where he feels he is hopeless, then he starts to get upset.

((I will wait for the okay before I make my introduction...))

"Too Awesome to Die"

(Dominic seems pretty good. I guess he's on the team. Welcome Romeo. Just throw yourself in as though you were there the entire time.)

"Well... Julius, I will come too. It'll be nice to get out of England every so often." Willow played around with her wineglass after listening to her friend's request. "So, tell us more about these artifacts. Are they truly enchanted and are they dangerous? And I would think it best to introduce ourselves to each other, wouldn't you say?"

"Too Awesome to Die"

((Go ahead and RP intros or something, because I'll be gone until Friday night. I apologize for any delay in the RP))

Julius let out a snicker at Willow's comment, "Enchanted? Please. Magic doesn't exist in this world..." With that last sentence he seems a bit uncertain, "There is a rational and logical explanation for everything. Tricks of the light, recordings from another room, puppetry, smoke and mirrors. If magic truely exists, there is a science behind it that explains everything."

"As for the objects, I do have some details to finalize so I can't say anything much, but it is a ritual artifact. I believe the only trouble we'll have with it is the people who don't want us to have it. As for introductions..." At that point you see Beddows, his manservant, walk up to him and whisper in his ear, but not quiet enough for you to not hear him.

"Sir, I believe that man has been keeping an eye on you..." He turns to point, and when you look you see just a crowd mingling. "Sir, I am certain someone was there..."

"Beddows..." Everyone save Dominic (A journalist and a PI know how to read people, a doctor knows the basics of psychology, the Innkeeper made it sound like he had some knowledge of reading people. That's how kinda deep I'm getting into this...) can sense a tinge of fear around Julius, "Beddows, what did the man look like."

"Large mustache, black hair, skinned tanned as though he was from the Middle East."

Julius gets up and brushes off his coat, "Well, it has been a good night. Maybe you can introduce yourselves over the next few days. Please, stay in London while I finalize the details. Goodnight my friends." With that he gives a bow and leaves with Beddows.
Re: Horror On the Orient Express (Starting and Closed)Topic%20Title

Audere est facere.

((I'll be having periodicals for most of the week, so I'm fine with the delay.))

As a man walked up to the professor, motioning toward a crowd near the table as he whispered into his ear, Drew sensed that Smith was uncomfortable with whatever the man had just pointed out. Soon after, Smith greeted the group farewell, and headed off with the man. Drew thought, "What could that have been? Might it be related to the professor's quest?" But she shrugged it off for the moment, and decided it was time to be better acquainted with the rest of the professor's colleagues, if they were all to accompany him to acquire the relics.

Straightening her collar, she began, "Since the professor is off for the night, we might as well get to know each other better. I'm Drew Colins, a surgeon. I met the professor while I took up Medicine at the University of London."
Bummer.

After watching Julius walk from the table, Rich couldn't help but feel that something didn't seem quite right about this venture. But... it was too late to back out, and he did owe his friend a couple of favors, so he put his doubts to the side.

Rich turned to the doctor who had introduced herself. "Surgeon, huh? You must make quite a pretty penny. I'm Richard Brooks, but you can call me Rich. I work as a PI. Julius... was a friend of mine back in our high school days, and we've still kept in touch."
Fanfiction~Yotube

Sounds pretty suspicious... Willow thought to herself after seeing Julius off. Her thoughts reflected how... uneasy she was about the whole thing. She noticed that the others that her friend invited were starting to introduce themselves.

"My name's Willow. I'm a journalist for the Times." Willow put her hand into her pocket. "I met Julius during my college years, at a political conference."
Page 1 of 3 [ 94 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay