Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 3 of 3[ 103 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: Aperture Science Roleplaying ProjectTopic%20Title

It's yuzikichan!

Miria smiled again and blushed. "O-Okay... But you owe me, dad." she said before continuing to write the virus. Like Isaac, her fingers where a blur as she typed the code. There where many things she had in common with her father, but she always refused to admit it. The look on her face as she concentrated, the way she smiled... She may have had her mother's hair and eyes, but she was more like Isaac in everything else.
Wife of Inquisitor Amakiir and Mommy of Apollo72 and Ha³
ImageImageImage

"Absolutely fantastic." Leonardo broke out of his silence to congratulate Miria.
"So, father and daughter?" Leonardo said, with a grin in his face.

((Yes, I'm back, REMEMBER MEH?))
Awesome sig by awesome Nadini!

It's yuzikichan!

Miria concentrated intensely. "Dad..." she said, worried, "I don't know if I can finish this in time... And... I've never written anything this complex so I'm not sure if it's even going to work..." She continued to work at the code, only to get herself so frustrated that she began to tear up. "D-Dad... I- I can't do this..."
ImageImageImage

Leonardo patted Miria on the back.
"I know it's hard, but please do it, for us..."
Awesome sig by awesome Nadini!

Isaac's face fell as he leant down to make eye contact with his daughter. "Remember, Miria. All those times you hated me. Swore revenge on me. Nearly got me fired. The viruses, trojans and that time you hacked the Fall Conference screens to show memes for an hour." He smiled, chuckling lightly. "You did that. I never punished you. Or shouted at you. Because it was proof that you were a prodigy. I know that you can do this. Because one day, you'll be here. Reinventing the future. The future that starts with you."

It's yuzikichan!

Miria looked at Isaac, her eyes wide and still teary. "D-Dad...." she said softly. That was probably the sweetest thing he had ever said to her. EVER. Then she did something totally unexpected. She hugged him. "I-I'll do it, dad... J-Just give me a few more minutes..."
ImageImageImage

The Zelda Geek

((I'm NOT letting this die!))

Adam smiled. He was happy to see the father and daugher unite. He decided to give them a little privacy and let them have their momment. He walked down a nearby hall, looking around.

(........ Never seen these places. Well, oviously not. Those damned nerds keep us gunea pigs locked up in the test facilities, testing their machines. Either lfe or death awaits us at the end of every test) he thought.

Suddenly, he heard something nearby. A machine, he thought. He griped the metal pole tightly and walked forward. Sure enough, at the right corner of the hall, there they were. Turrets.

His eyes widened. Immideatly, he ran back to the group.

"Sorry to break this scene, but we need to move. Turrets are nearby. We need to move if we don't want to be filled with holes."

((Thank you, Toon! ^^))
Isaac was taken aback but hugged his daughter back. He was about to say something when he heard Adam.

"Dammit." He broke out of the hug, grabbing Miriam's hand and Adam's forearm, pulling them behind a partition. "Okay. We need a plan. Anyone?"

The Zelda Geek

They didn't have much time. Adam thought for a second. He came up with something that might be stupid, but it just might work.

He tightened his grip of the pole.

"You geniuses find an escape route, I distract the machines."

Former anti-shipper

"............."

Somari was silent for a moment. He wondered if it would be right to leave him behind to distract the robots.

But then, after a bit of thinking, he nodded. "Alright. Let's go guys. We probably don't have too much time before the machines find and kill us."
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the amazing signature.

I am SomariFeyWright, the freaky and happy shipper-hating son of ToonBlade and Franzika Von ehmpke5, and brother of bethanyann96, Game Over, and >Mario.<

It's yuzikichan!

Miria held onto Isaac, shaking a bit. Although she was cold, bitter, mean, she still could feel fear. Then she realized something.

"Dad!" she said, "My code! That doohickey is still out there!" Thinking fast, she bolted out, grabbed the device and came back. "How much time do we have left?"
ImageImageImage

Isaac grabbed a pair of newly constructed Aperture Science Handheld Portal Devices.

"You'll need one of these," He began, passing her a portal gun, motioning for the others to fetch theirs'. "On the count of three, we make a run for it. I'll see what do about those damned tripod-machine guns. In case there's an emergency, think with your portals!"

It's yuzikichan!

"Wait!" Miria cried, "Dad, H-How do I use this??" she looked at the gun, totally confused. "I can work that stupid little device for the code, but this is totally put of my league." She still looked terrified. She was probably the only one in the group that had never been in the building before. She had no idea where anything was. "And what are you going to do about those things? What if you get killed?? I don't know what I would do if I lost you too..."
ImageImageImage

"Well, there are two switches under here. This one creates one portal and that one creates the other. You can only have one of each at a time. And don't worry, Miriam. I've worked on this thing for years. I know the device inside and out. And through. And inbetween the quantum links." Isaac shook the device and it began to emit a bright light from the middle shaft.

It's yuzikichan!

Miria tried to process all this. "Ugh, Dad... Can I just go with you? You can use the stupid gun while I work on my code." Besides... What was he talking about? Portals? This sounded like a load of crap.
ImageImageImage

"Well, what do you remember from all that coding you hacked through about quantum tunnelling?" Isaac listened to the soft, mechanical whirring of the turret outside. "Think of the principals and physics differentials."

It's yuzikichan!

"Um... O-Okay..." Miria said, "I think I get it." She looked around. "But dad, I need to finish this code. I can't keep running around." She listened as well. "Dad, what is that sound?"
ImageImageImage

Former anti-shipper

Somari's face tightened at the mention of the code. "Alright. I've seent these Portal devices in action before. We can probably use these to protect ourselves, and maybe even get rid of some of the robots. At least until she finishes the code!"

I am SomariFeyWright, the freaky and happy shipper-hating son of ToonBlade and Franzika Von ehmpke5, and brother of bethanyann96, Game Over, and >Mario.<

It's yuzikichan!

"But once I finish it," Miria replied, "I still have to infect this... Computer... Lady... Thing." She kept listening to the sound. "By the looks of it, I can't just email it to her. I'll have to download it directly to her mainframe. Then, it... She... Whatever... Will be cut off from the rest of the system. Then, Dad can go from there and get us an escape route."
ImageImageImage

Former anti-shipper

Hearing this, even though he already knew this, gave Somari an uncharacteristically angry face.

"*sigh* Yeah, getting the code to GLaDoS won't be easy... she's probably loaded the path to her with near-impossible test rooms... but we'll still need to try!"

"Okay."

Isaac nodded, calming his expression. He knew what to do now as he picked up the warm, newly manufactured portal guns. He handed them over carefully, as if they were ancient relics, handed down from a first civilisation. Yet, they looked like something out of Earth's distant future. If only Isaac knew, as he concluded his anecdote, of the Earth's distant future...

"Adam, was it? You're a test subject, from what I can gather." Adam's garb was a dead giveaway in orange. "You know how to work these things. Kill that bot outside. Damn turrets..."

It's yuzikichan!

Miria just looked at Isaac and Adam. She honestly had no idea what was going on or what he was talking about. "T-Turrets?" she asked, "Test chambers... Test subjects... What the hell is this place??" She never actually knew what her father did. All she knew was that he worked for Apeture and he was a programmer. "Dad, why the hell do you work here with all this going on??"
ImageImageImage

Former anti-shipper

Somari sighed. "Man, if you knew half the things that go on in this place, you would have gone to school..."

He cleared his throat. "Aperture Science develops all kinds of crazy technology, in the attempt to make the future occur sooner. Basically, this is where everything, such as turrets, long-fall boots, turrets, Portal guns, etc., is developed and tested. If it isn't done fully, or it's being publicly sold, it's likely here.
It's an interesting place to work at though, and it pays even lowly interns like me good money, so people come to work here, in spite of the constant dangers provided by GLaDoS's always malfunctioning circuits, which constantly make GLaDoS try to kill us. Like now, actually. She's never actually succeeded at killing a soul in the past."

Page 3 of 3 [ 103 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay