Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 2 of 3[ 93 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: The Date RPTopic%20Title

Insanity at its classiest.

Chase shrugged. "Relax, that doesn't really matter. I was thinking about how pretty and nice you are," he finished, matter of factly.
My CR family is my beautiful wife Arkillian, and my three daughters Lida_Rose, Franzika Von ehmpke5, angel_of_nature and my son, Meenyman.

You’re so small in such a big world...

"Th-thanks..." Lida stammered, blushing deeper. How am I supposed to act? This hasn't happened to me before! Not often, anyway! Uhhh...come on! Think of something! "W-well, uhhh...Sooooooooo...Do you have any siblings?" Nice going, moron. You should probably compliment him back instead of completely changing the subject.
Oh, right! Good thinking, Me!

"And you are really nice. And handsome. And you have the best eyes!" Okay, stop complimenting him before you make a complete fool of yourself.
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Chase laughed. "I think you got those backwards, there," he said, gesturing that they walk together. As he began to speak, he ran a hand through his hair absently. "Well, I have a sister, Carly (GET IT?!) and my mother and father. The kleptomania kinda runs in the family," he explained. "We're not bad people, really. We try to steal from people who deserve it, and we give the stuff back when we can. My mother owns a charity, actually. Also, we'll never steal money."
My CR family is my beautiful wife Arkillian, and my three daughters Lida_Rose, Franzika Von ehmpke5, angel_of_nature and my son, Meenyman.

"Ummm...Right," Lida said, averting her eyes. "I'm not really good with this stuff." She chuckled, looking at Chase again and starting to walk with him. "Well, that's good! But even if they deserve their stuff to be taken, it isn't the right thing to do in the first place. Like, there are lots of people I know that deserve to get their butts kicked. That doesn't mean I'd actually do it, or make someone else do it. See? It's good that you're giving back through charity and not taking money, and that you're not trying to take things from those that need them, but that still doesn't make it right, you know? In the eyes of the law, regardless of your reasons for doing so, you're still a criminal..." Her brows furrowed. "And, in my eyes, the behavior is still wrong. Justifiable, yes, but still not quite right."

Chase nodded. "I know. But, I have a problem with it." He shrugged. "Well, I'm glad you still like me, though, Lida." He took comfort in knowing that.

Lida smiled.
"Of course I still like you. You're a really sweet guy," she said. "Besides, it's not like you've taken something in front of me. You've never, like, been violent or anything, have you?"

"Well, I never did it outside of self defense," he said, hoping she would understand. Although Chase could be provoked to violence, he had never thrown the first punch in his life.

"Well, violence is okay if it's to defend yourself," Lida said. "My brother had to resort to violence to protect himself once. I, personally, couldn't really do it now. When I was a kid, I was quite temperamental, but now, I prefer to talk things out. Luckily, I haven't really needed to be violent...like, no one's ever up and tried to attack me. B-but, I know a little karate. Got up to my gold belt before I had to stop taking lessons. Ummm...What about you? Do you know any martial arts?"

Chase grinned. "Of course I do! I know Ass Kick-fu!" he exclaimed, mocking a punch. "I might not be a violent guy, but I'm a damn good person to have around in a fight. Trust me, Lida, if you ever get into trouble, you'll always be safe with me."

"Thank you, but I hope I won't have to rely on that," Lida said, twirling her hair nervously once more. "I don't really like to make enemies...Even though they do still crop up from time to time." She bit her lip. "I prefer to just use my words." She chuckled. "It's not always enough, though."

Chase feigned a shocked face. "I can't imagine anyone hating you, Lida. Honestly, I'm surprised I didn't see you with someone else already. Are you sure you don't have a bodybuilder boyfriend somewhere around here, watching us?"

Lida smiled.
"Tell that to my step-mom." She laughed. "No, but seriously, I don't have a boyfriend. In fact, I don't even have any real friends. I mean, I have loads of people I talk to at school, but it's not like anyone comes and visits me, or even tries to contact me when I'm not showing up to classes."

Chase smiled. "I'd like to, if you'd let me," he said, with a wink. "I know it sounds crazy, a klepto crazy dude to go out with, but I can be cool if you give me a shot."

"Ah-ahahaha...Well, why not?" Lida asked. She twirled her hair around her finger nervously. "Although...You'd be my first official date, assuming you showed up." She chuckled. "So, forgive me if I'm completely awkward and nervous."

"First? Really?" Chase asked incredulously. "I can't believe that! I'm gonna have to walk you through it then!"

Lida laughed.
"That would be most helpful," she said. "So...where do you think we should go on a first date? I mean, I always want to go to a mall first so that way it's not, like, weird or anything and I can have family close-by in case something happens..."

Chase nodded. "That sounds good. But believe me, nothing'll happen to you while I'm around." He winked and checked his watch. "Well, you wanna just go there now? You don't have any more classes, right?"

"Of course I don't mind going there now! In fact, I hear the Borders in there is closing, and they're having a huge sale! At the risk of sounding incredibly nerdy, there are lots of books I wanna get~" Lida answered. She then cleared her throat. "And, no, I don't have classes today. My schedule is now surprisingly free." She chuckled.

Chase grinned widely. "Alright! Let's head out," he said, leading the way out of the park and down the road towards the mall, avoiding the parking lot and steaming wreck of his (stolen) destroyed motorcycle. "So, uh, tell me about yourself, Lida," he began as they arrived at a red light.

"Me? Uhhh...There's not much to tell, really," Lida answered. "My parents divorced when I was, oh...about five-ish, give or take a year. I have a brother and sister. We had an arrangement where we would visit Dad every other weekend, and Mom would have us the rest of the time, but due to some...unfortunate circumstances, we stopped going to visit Dad when I was around 14. I get really good grades, even though I'm not as smart as they are, because I work harder at it. And I'm currently working on writing a vampire parody! It's going to be epic!" She laughed. "Anyway, yeah. Anything you'd like to tell me about yourself, since I yacked your ear off?"

Chase shook his head. "Nah, I'm good," he said flatly, as the crossed the street and neared the mall. "I've got barely any background. I travel a lot, and I don't really like to stay in the same place for a very long time. Nervous habit," he explained.

"Hey, in that case, I'd expect you'd have all kinds of stories to tell," Lida said. "I mean, I've always wanted to travel. Most traveling I've done is go see my grandparents in Schmonnecticut. Oh, and there was that time I went to Mayo Clinic, and those other times when I went to Schmolorado and Schmlagstaff, but I don't count those. I mean, they weren't the best vacations ever, you know? However, I guess I could count the orchestra trip to Schmicago. That was fun!"

Chase laughed wistfully. "I remember one time I was in Shpain and I "borrowed" this car with my friend. We went straight to Shgermany and then took a plane to Shislamabad. Then we were attacked by insurgents, and we got sent to Shbrazil as soldiers, then we went AWOL and flew back to Shmohio."

"I see...That's an...interesting story," Lida said. "See? Compared to things like that, my life is so boring." She laughed. "Of course, I suppose compared to others, it would be interesting. It's all a matter of perspective."

Chase nodded. "You're probably right." They entered the mall and Chase walked aimlessly around. "I'm not that interesting, though. I like you a lot more than me."

"R-really?" Lida asked, blushing with embarrassment. "Uhhh...You don't really mean that. I mean, you only just met me. How could you like me that much already? B-besides, I'm not very interesting! I haven't even gone anywhere fun for a couple years! I mean, uhhh...which way to Borders?" Like you don't know, idiot!

Chase shrugged. "I don't know, to be honest." He let her lead the way, because she seemed to know where she was going. "You are a really great girl, though, so it's not really a big surprise."

Lida blushed deeper as she headed toward Borders.
"I-I'm not that great! I mean...like, my brother and sister trump me at almost everything! And, uhhh...Stuff like that! Besides, I doubt I'm as great as you!"

Chase shook his head. "I've never even seen your brother or sister, and I can already tell you're wrong. Look, you're not convincing me of anything here. You've just gotta accept that I'm right and you're awesome. Done." He crossed his arms with finality.

"...I'm even more red than a cherry tomato now," Lida commented as she blushed even deeper. "W-well...since you are so insistent on it...But you have to accept that you're awesome, too, okay? No take-backs~" She pounded her shoes on the floor as if they were a gavel. "And that's FINAL!!!"

It's yuzikichan!

Yuziki walked along the street wearing the nepeta hat she knitted/crocheted herself. ((I really did make one, BTW)) She was going to this starbucks, where she was supposed to meet her date. When she got there, she ordered a tall green tea frappucino and sat at a table.
Wife of Inquisitor Amakiir and Mommy of Apollo72 and Ha³
ImageImageImage

"I don't wanna toot my own horn here, but I am pretty goddamned fucking awesome," Chase said modestly, looking at a random book from a shelf. "Can you cook?" he asked, placing the recipe book back.

Lida laughed.
"I can cook...a little. B-but, I'm nervous about it. I mean, what if I drop something or set the whole house on fire, you know?" she asked. "And for a while, I could hardly eat, much less cook, so, you know! What kinds of books do you like, Chase?"

Chase gulped. "Well, I, uh, like all kinds of books! Like this one," he said, grabbing a random tome and reading the cover, "Maxi Pads and You," decided to put it down.

"Uh, let's just say I like them with pictures. Short attention span," he explained.

Lida laughed.
"If you don't like books, you don't have to pretend you do. Really, it's fine," she said cheerily. "You just need to find good ones! Like the Harry Potter series, or maybe Stephen King books, or...Maybe a book that's a quick read would be more your speed? Vampire High is a quick read, about a human who winds up going to a vampire high school. The Maximum Ride series is a quick-read series, but the books tend to decline in quality after the first one. It kind of climbs back up, but still...And, if all else fails, there's always mangas and graphic novels!" She chuckled. "My god, I feel like such a nerd."

Chase laughed. "I'm sorry. I'm just not a big reader. Don't have much time for it, really." If he could read and evade the police at the same time, he would. "Anyway, what do you like?"

"Me? I mostly read fantasy, although there are some really good non-fiction books as well. I like a book that is serious, but also has humor in it. I like books that show the thought processes of their characters, you know, goes beyond the surface with them. Let's see...There are also a few funny comics that I don't mind reading when I get the chance. Namely, Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes, but my brother likes Zits and Fox Trot, and I don't mind those, either, I guess. I also like books that catch you off-guard. Like, if you can predict one or two things about where the story will go, but it isn't in the way you expected it, then it's suddenly more interesting! Oh, and I like a series where the characters grow, rather than stay in one place. That's kinda what drives me nuts about the Maximum Ride series. Max just stays the way she is in the first book, which gets really, really annoying after a while. Of course, I haven't managed to get my hands on the last two books of the series yet, but geez," Lida ranted. "And I had several assigned readings that are fun! ...Oh, sorry for the long speech, there." She blushed with embarrassment and picked up War and Peace. "I'd get this if it was cheaper. I mean, I've never read it, so I don't even know if I'll like it, and here they want 20 bucks. It's like, okay, maybe if I knew I'd enjoy this, but since I don't..." She put it back on the shelf. "Anyway...are there any movies or songs you like? They do have some movies and CDs here."

Chase grinned. Movies and music were where he had a voice. "Well, my favorite movie has to be Donnie Darko. I get goosebumps watchin' that. Also, anything by Stanley Kubrick pretty much. A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, 2001: A Space Odyssey, all of it. As for music, I'm all rock and roll." He picked up a Led Zeppelin album and sighed wistfully. "I grew up with this kinda music, 60s and 70s classics. Sometimes, I wish I were born back then to see those guys play." He looked over at Lida. "How 'bout you?"

"I'm a big fan of comedy! And Disney movies, as long as they aren't Disney sequels," Lida answered. "My favorites are probably The Blues Brothers Movie, Spaceballs, Up, Blazing Saddles, The Emperor's New Groove, and there are many more, but I don't really think you want me to list all of them. I can't pick just a few favorites." She chuckled. "As for favorite music, I do like Rock and Metal, pretty much all sub-genres of both of those. There are some good songs in all genres, if you know where to look, but I generally don't like rap music, anyway. I mean, it's just generally so...vulgar, you know? I also generally don't care for country, but there are some good country songs I listen to. Are there any movies or genres of music you generally can't stand?"

Chase picked up an album and scanned the cover absently. "Well, I like to believe that any music with a message should be given a chance. I like rap if it means something, but as soon as it becomes only about dancing or money, that's when I just go by ear as to what I like about it. And country's not my cup of tea anyway." He shrugged, putting the CD back where he found it.
Page 2 of 3 [ 93 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay