Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 1 of 12[ 476 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Indiana Ford and the Order of NoxTopic%20Title

Insanity at its classiest.

Indiana Ford (TM) is a tough-as-nails archeologist, battling Nazis in the quest to save priceless artifacts from getting into the wrong hands. Set in 1944, this RP is an epic adventure around the world in the pursuit of justice and museum-supplying. Characters joining can be coming to Indy with information regarding the lost treasure of Nox, the adventure they'll be on to find, or whatever you think would be a good introduction.

The rules of this RP are the same as the Forum rules, namely:

1. 50 or more word posts, please. Gerk enforces this, so make your posts substantial enough to reply to.

2. No Godmodding. You can't control another character without their permission, so if you feel the need, please ask them before going through with it.

3. Please ask me for permission before introducing new story elements.

4. Signups and OOC conversations go into the other topic. I'll post the introduction, so I'll wait for everyone to be ready before we begin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep in the heart of an ancient cave, Indiana Ford crept slowly and carefully through the possibly booby trapped cavern, his determined eyes scanning every detail around him. After a few minutes of traversing the dusty, cobwebbed cave, he entered the main hall, adorned with ancient statues of the indiginous tribe that once used this cave. Indy approached the pedestal in the center of the room, where the long-lost treasure of the Toltecs resided, behind an ancient vault with a fish-shaped cavity in it. Indy pulled the fish key out of his jacket pocket and wiped the sweat from his forehead, putting it in and gasping, amazed, as it opened, revealing a small statue.

The sound of a cocking gun startled him into turning around. "Well, well, well, Mr. Ford. It zeems you've led us right to the treasure yet again," Franz Liebenshwartz said, his Nazi troop entering as well. Indy put his hands up slowly, eyeing Franz with a hostile stare. "You won't get away with this," he growled. "That statue belongs in a museum!" Franz laughed haughtily. "I don't zink so, Mr. Ford. Zat statue holds ancient powers ze Fuhrer needs to vin ze war. Now, if you would be so kind, hand it over, please."

Indy sighed, grabbing the statue and holding it out in front of him. "Fine. Take it. But whatever you do, don't say the magical incantation," he warned. A Nazi soldier snatched it from him and put it in Franz's hand, who smiled. "Oh, I zink I will!" Indy flinched as Franz said the words Indy had found out about in the first place. Suddenly, he hit the ground and put his hands over his hat as the statues in the wall shot out arrows that killed most of the Nazi soldiers who were not quick enough. Franz shrieked and dropped the statue, and the walls shook violently, rubble falling from the ceiling. "Ze cave is collapzink!" a Nazi shouted, but Indy was already running out with the idol. "Get him!" Franz shouted.

The Nazis chased Indy through the tunnel, firing and missing by inches into the rumbling walls. He reached the end of the tunnel, where the door was falling slowly. Sprinting faster, Indy slid under the door just in time to escape as the Nazis were trapped inside. He ran off without looking and reaching the plane that would take him back to Washington. "Thank God you're okay, Indy! I thought you were a goner for sure!" the pilot said, but Indy just collapsed breathlessly into the seat. "Just fly," he said flatly, and the plane made its way back to Washington.

The next day, Indiana Ford was in his office, rummaging through paperwork as the last of his class shuffled out the door. Glancing to make sure noone was looking, Indy reached into his desk and pulled out a dusty tome, with the words History of Nox on the cover. He opened it and began to read interestedly.
My CR family is my beautiful wife Arkillian, and my three daughters Lida_Rose, Franzika Von ehmpke5, angel_of_nature and my son, Meenyman.
Re: Indiana Ford and the Order of NoxTopic%20Title

It's yuzikichan!

There was a knock on Indy's door before it opened. Then, Rose entered, carrying a folder full of paper. "Hello Indy!" She said, "Nice to have you back. I've dug up a little more info on the treasure. I thought I would bring it over to see if it would be of any use."

Rose was an anthropologist who specialized in the nox civilization. She heard of Indy's search for the treasure and voulenteered her knowledge.

Indy's head shot up from the book at the sound of a voice in the room. "Oh, it's you, Rose," he said, closing his book and standing up as she entered. She was cheery as always. "I was out finding the lost Idol of Praeoxycotyl, hence my absence. What've you got there?" he asked, pointing to the bag.
My CR family is my beautiful wife Arkillian, and my three daughters Lida_Rose, Franzika Von ehmpke5, angel_of_nature and my son, Meenyman.

It's yuzikichan!

"Oh this?" Rose asked, "This is kind of like my purse." She handed over the files and smiled. She enjoyed helping him, but she really wanted to go with him on an adventure, just once. "So, what do you have your sights on next?"

Indy took the files and sat back down. "Well, Rose, I was just reading up on the Nox civilization of Southern Egypt, as I'm sure you already know. I managed to find this book in the university library-" he motioned towards the book on his desk- "and I've been looking for clues as to where their famous treasure might be found," he explained. "I haven't been able to find much yet, though."

It's yuzikichan!

Rose examined the book. "I'm pretty sure I've read this one." she replied, "As you know, I specialize in The Nox civilization. So, I've probably read all the books about them in the library."

Indy nodded. "Right. Well, anyway, I've been trying to narrow down the location of this treasure, but I haven't been able to pin it down yet. I've got a hunch, but I can't figure it out. Maybe you could help me out," he said, handing her the tome. "What do you know about this treasure?"

"Too Awesome to Die"

With a loud knock a figure strode in. He was tall and wore a dark blue suit with a grey shirt and a garish tie.

"Professor Ford, I assume you're still on your usual quest?" He said with a big smile.

"Peter! Good to see you," Indy greeted with a smile, walking up to shake his hand. "Rose, this is Peter McClintock. We worked together to find the statue of Praeoxycotyl. What brings you here, Pete?" he asked jovially.

It's yuzikichan!

"Well," Rose began, "because it is a 'lost' treasure, there are many rumors that it doesn't exist. Even if it does exists, no one can seem to agree on what the treasure actually is. Some say it's a pure gold statue, while others say it could be a crystal of sorts." She let out a sigh. "We should try to find out what the treasure is so we know what to look for."

Rose was taken off gaurd when Peter entered. "Nice to meet you."

"Too Awesome to Die"

"Pete McClintock, Secret Service. Pleasure to meet you Rose," Peter said, extending his hand for a shake. Then he turned back to Indy.

"I'm here to ask you to do your country yet another favor. We believe that the Nazi's are after yet another artifact. Take a guess which one."

Indy stroked his stubbly chin in thought. "I've heard the story about it not existing, but I don't buy it. The whole civilization was wiped out seemingly overnight, and there was no record of an invasion. Something happened to them, something..." he trailed off. The whole thing puzzled him.

He perked up at Peter immediately. "What?! They're after the treasure of Nox? Son of a..." he cursed. "What do they know? Why are they after it?"

"Too Awesome to Die"

"Unfortunately our intel is minimal," Peter shook his head, "All we have is an intercepted message." With that Peter pulled out a folded up piece of paper.

"Commander Liebenschwartz in Istanbul, stop. Nox historian found, stop. The head Marja in the Blue Mosque, stop." He threw the paper on the table.

"Make of it what you will, bit i think we can agree that this is bad."

Indy froze. "Hold on a minute." He looked up at Peter. "Did you just say Liebenschwartz?" He put his hand on his head in shock. "We can't let this happen. We have to stop them right away! You said Blue Mosque, right?" Indy thought quickly. "Blue Mosque... The Blue Mosque in Turkey!" he said, snapping his fingers. "Come on, Pete, we have to get on the next flight out to Turkey right away. We can't let those Nazis get there before us!"

Meanwhile, Franz Liebenschwartz was sitting in the SS headquarters in Berlin, smoking a cigarette and focusing hard on the window across from him. Suddenly, a message came in from his contact on the Nox investigation. "Blue Mosque, eh?" he said to himself, stamping out the cigarette. "Well, zhen, it looks like the trail is hot onze again."

It's yuzikichan!

"Hey!" Rose said, "I've seen the blue mosque before, when I was with my parents in Turkiye. Do you think I can come? You might need a translator."

Indy frowned. "I... I don't know, Rose. These Nazis mean business, and I wouldn't forgive myself if you got hurt. I appreciate the sentiment, but I really think you should leave this to us." He smiled reassuringly. "Maybe some other time."

It's yuzikichan!

Rose crossed her arms. "That's what you said LAST time." she said, "Besides, I won't get hurt. Not to mention my parents retired and live in Turkiye, so we have a place to stay over there."

"Too Awesome to Die"

"Indy, how out of character," Pete joked, "Let the girl stay. It's not like she'll be that much trouble. Especially with guys like us to protect her." He flexed his arms, showing the muscles he only kind of had.

"Plus, we will definitely need a translator who knows their way around Istanbul. I need someone who can help me haggle for a fez."

Indy sighed. "Fine, you can come along. But don't ever leave our side, got it? That Liebenschwartz is a cruel character, and he doesn't care if you're a girl or not." As he ushered them out, he made sure to grab his hat from the rack. "I have a feeling this is gonna be one hell of an adventure," he muttered, leading everyone to the car. They arrived at the airport and took the first flight to Istanbul.

"Too Awesome to Die"

Alphonse stood in front of Liebenschwartz's desk, hands folded in front of him, trying his best to look confident.

"I assume the news is good sir? I don't know much about what's going on around here so..."

It's yuzikichan!

Rose smiled. Her first real adventure! She DID forget to mention that she was only studying Turkish, but she knew how to ask some one if they can speak arabic or English, and knew how to take directions. "when we get there, I have to dress in the traditional clothes. If not, I could get in big trouble."

Franz put the note down and looked down on the boy haughtily. "Ve are moving out to Iztanbul immediately. Ve have found an informant on ze Noxian Civilization who vill help us find ze treasure. Pack your zings, we head out in zree hours," he said as he walked past the boy and into the hall. "If I vere you, I vould not tarry," he warned.

Indy nodded. "Yeah, that would be a good idea," he said, still doubting bringing her along. He was worried for her safety at the hands of the Nazis if they encountered them. He shifted in his seat on the plane. "You might want to wear one of those big veils," he advised.

It's yuzikichan!

Rose thought. "I'm pretty sure they only wear the veil over their face if they're married... But I'm not sure. But, I have to walk a certain number of steps behind you, and what not."

"I'm telling you to wear that for your own protection. I don't want anyone to see your face and then try and come after you. I've seen what those Nazis do, and they're ruthless," Indy said. "Franz Liebenschwartz is a cold blooded killer, but he has a personal problem with me. He'll go out of his way to find anyone that's with me. That goes for you, too, Peter."

It's yuzikichan!

Rose nodded. "Alright Indy." she said as pulled out a brand new book from her bag, which was the nox civilization. "I just found this the other day. I haven't read it yet."

Indy eyed the book and looked up at Rose. "You haven't read it?" he asked. "Hand it over," he said, holding out his hand to take it. He opened it up and scanned the pages quickly. "Says here that shortly after the disappearance of the Noxian civilization, a virulent plague spread throughout the Middle East, severely damaging neighboring populations. But... The Noxians were very highly esteemed medicine men. How could they all just die out like that?" he thought aloud.

It's yuzikichan!

"Indy." Rose said as she took her book back, "They probably did not have the technology needed to combat the plague. Just because they were 'esteemed' that doesn't mean they could cure anything."

Indy shook his head. "Not so fast. They managed to stave off the Black Plague when it struck in 1350, and it only took out a fraction of they're numbers. No other civilization at the time protected themselves like that. What makes this disease so much worse?" he asked. "Something's fishy about all this."

"Too Awesome to Die"

"You're putting too much thought into it," Peter said, loosening his tie, "Does it really matter why they are gone? For all we know there could have been a war, or their food could have run out, or they could have been just too stubborn to leave when something bad happened and they paid the price. We'll simply cross that bridge when we come to it."

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX

"Right away sir," Alphonse said with a slight bow. He quickly ran off and began to pack his things. He knew what might happen if he was slow.

It's yuzikichan!

Rose smiled and continued to read her book. "As I said earlier, we should do some research to figure out what the treasure actually is. It would help us with our quest if we know what to look for." She looked up. "But one question. Why would there be clues in Turkiye?"

Indy shrugged. "The Nazis say they found an expert there, and it being so close to the actual site, I'm sure he could give us some important information. It's the only lead we have, and we have to get to him before the Nazis do."

Three hours later, Franz ushered his squadron of Nazi soldiers onto the plane bound for Istanbul. This was a high-class military plane, capable of reaching Turkey in little over 3 hours. He shouted at Alphonse over the engine to get on the plane immediately, then when everyone was settled in, they took off.

"Too Awesome to Die"

"Not to mention that Istanbul was known as the gateway to the Orient," Peter said, "There was a mingling of cultures there as it was the first place that was encountered when westerners would move east." He motioned with his hands, trying to elaborate as best he could.

"You know I has this grand adventure back in '23 on the Orient Express. You see, a senior agent had been hired to retrieve this artifact from an old friend, a professor, over in England..." At that point he began to ramble about a cult, being chased by some witch, a cowboy missionary friend in Italy lighting some facist on fire with the power of prayer in tongues apparently, and sleeping with some opera singer (not exactly in that order).

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX

"Coming!" Alphonse yelled as he ran to the plane. He quickly strapped himself in, ready for takeoff. He sheepishly smiled at the soldiers around him. He felt uncomfortable, but he would do his best not to show it.
Child of Lida_Rose and Aliucon. Married to yuzikichan0! Father of Ha³ and Apollo72.

Indy smiled, happy to be reminiscing on these past adventures. Although he believed good archaeology was done in the library, this was definitely his favorite part of the job, albeit with fewer Nazis. "Well, I say we get some shut-eye while we can. We gotta get a headstart to find this informant," he said, and with that tipped his hat down over his eyes and fell asleep.

Franz ignored the boy and sat patiently in the plane, lighting another cigarette along with the squad. He was anxious to begin the hunt for the treasure.

It's yuzikichan!

Rose couldn't sleep. She was just so excited! Indy finally took her with him! She stayed awake and continued reading her book.

Indy awoke as they were about 30 minutes away from landing. He yawned and adjusted his satchel and hat, then looked around to see Rose, still awake and reading. "Rose, have you been awake this whole time?" he asked groggily.

It's yuzikichan!

Rose laughed. "I couldn't sleep a wink!" She replied, "I even finished the book."

He sat up and scratched his chin. "Jeez. What kept you up?" he asked, checking his watch. The pilot came on the intercom and said they would be landing shortly in the Istanbul Airfield.

"Too Awesome to Die"

Pete was woken from his sleep very suddenly, spouting a bunch of gibberish with a shake, "What, are we there already? That was fast." He shook his head m, trying to clear his mind.

"God, what I wouldn't give for a pick me up right now," he said, unconsciously grabbing for where his flask used to be.

Yo Dawg!

Jefferson was sitting in a seat behind them. He stretched out as the flight began to descend.

"Finally!" he said, "Flights always seem longer when you have to fly coach because first class is full, hahaha"

He tapped Indy on the shoulder. "Pardon me, good sir, but I couldn't help but overhear your conversation at the beginning of the flight. Something about an ancient Egyptian civilization, I believe?"

Indy turned around to face the stranger. "Uh, yes, we were discussing the lost civilization of Nox. We were actually going to Istanbul to meet an expert on the subject." He held out a hand. "Indiana Ford, archaeologist. Who're you?"
Page 1 of 12 [ 476 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay